Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bama
    Was that an actual LINE from the episode Southern? If so, what was being referred to?
    Spoiler:
    Nope, I made it up. Maybe they should hire me as a writer. In the ep Shep reveals that he has issues with clowns. Hee.
    sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Oh god, so many Hive spoilers which I really want to read but at the same time really want to wait for the ep!!!!! No fair!!
      Don't you want to look beyond the horizon?

In the 2 hours and 14 minutes that Torri Higginson was online, there were 272 posts in the Elizabeth Weir Wow Thread. I was responsible for 2 of them. (Oh yeah and Gateworld crashed, but that's not important)

Please click here to feed the hungry, protect endangered land, and help fight breast cancer without spending a penny (inspired by the Whistler 84 in Memoriam thread)

Comment

Originally posted by Blue Banrigh
        Caldwell/Weir.
        Gotcha. Thanks.
        Spoiler:
        I'm actually glad they didn't pursue more snappiness betwixt them for now. I like to think both are 'professional' enough that they can do work that needs to be accomplished without animosity getting in the way. I also like to think that the only way Weir goes off on Caldwell again is if he either tries to go over her head on a judgement call or he cuts in on her Shep (ala Conversion). Other than that, I'd rather prefer a bit of stoic professionalism between them until the pot blows in the big one.

BTW, blue, your wallpapers are some of my faves. I'm using one right now!

Comment

Hello everyone, just popping in real quick, I have a few pages to catch up on, but just had something to say to an earlier quesion. Someone asked something along the lines of when everyone first started shipping. So, I guess it was 'Rising' for me, I saw few small momoents in there that were nice. I loved their first scene, always makes me laugh everytime I see it. The last scene in part 2 was nice, and I just loved both of them, still do. I watched the entire season before I got here, with the idea of shep/weir should be more than friends, and mckay/weir best friends, then I got on line and crossed over into mcweirism, but I'm still crazy about this ship as well, just not as much as a few of yall. I also want to say that since I've been here, I've come across some pretty talented people for this ship, yall have some nice writers, hope to make my own mark in fanfiction, that'll probally be a while though.

A little off topic, sorry, but I just wanted to say to everyone who does Thanksgiving, Happy Thanksgiving! I actually have to cook this year (, well I've had to cook anyway), making some greenbean cassorel and helping out with the stuffing, my mum makes really good stufffing and I think we'll have a nice dinner. I know, still off topic, but does anyone here actually make corn bread stuffing? Alright, I'm just gonna go for now, but I'll be around.
          McKay: I'm invulnerable!
          Weir: Aren't you the one who's always spouting off about how proper and careful scientific procedure must be adhered to?
          McKay: In-vul-ner-able.

McKAY: I'm not crazy -- I just have another consciousness in my brain.

First icon made by Cathain Nottingham and last 4 made by ToasterOnFire
          My LJ My Fanfic My Homeschooling Blog

Comment

Hehehe. I love that little bit about Shep.

Spoilers for the Hive:
            Spoiler:
            Not that much interaction between the two during the Hive, not even a radio conversation. But there was this nice bit towards the end when Caldwell reported there was nothing to search where you see how much Elizabeth is hurting. Just a split second (no tears or anything, thank the gods) of emotion before the mask is put in place again. And there was this gorgeous smile she gave him when he came back home.
            Yes. LOVED that.
            Spoiler:
            I almost wonder if she wasn't about to cry, though. When she turned away to walk back to her office, she put her hand up to her face like someone would if they knew they were about to tear up and didn't want to show it.
            "Sometimes we reach what's realest by making believe..."
            My LiveJournal - My Photography - My Art

Comment

Originally posted by weirfan517
              Hello everyone, just popping in real quick, I have a few pages to catch up on, but just had something to say to an earlier quesion. Someone asked something along the lines of when everyone first started shipping. So, I guess it was 'Rising' for me, I saw few small momoents in there that were nice. I loved their first scene, always makes me laugh everytime I see it. The last scene in part 2 was nice, and I just loved both of them, still do. I watched the entire season before I got here, with the idea of shep/weir should be more than friends, and mckay/weir best friends, then I got on line and crossed over into mcweirism, but I'm still crazy about this ship as well, just not as much as a few of yall. I also want to say that since I've been here, I've come across some pretty talented people for this ship, yall have some nice writers, hope to make my own mark in fanfiction, that'll probally be a while though.

A little off topic, sorry, but I just wanted to say to everyone who does Thanksgiving, Happy Thanksgiving! I actually have to cook this year (, well I've had to cook anyway), making some greenbean cassorel and helping out with the stuffing, my mum makes really good stufffing and I think we'll have a nice dinner. I know, still off topic, but does anyone here actually make corn bread stuffing? Alright, I'm just gonna go for now, but I'll be around.
              You crazy Americans and your holdiays... Guy Fawke's, now that's a holdiay. Celebrating because some people failed to blow up parliment hundred's of years ago. Actually, considering the current British government I'm almost dissapointed they failed!

I know that has no relation whatsoever to Sheppard and/or Weir, but what the hell. Oh acutally I first became a shipper ohhh, i guess the Eye probably
              Don't you want to look beyond the horizon?

In the 2 hours and 14 minutes that Torri Higginson was online, there were 272 posts in the Elizabeth Weir Wow Thread. I was responsible for 2 of them. (Oh yeah and Gateworld crashed, but that's not important)

Please click here to feed the hungry, protect endangered land, and help fight breast cancer without spending a penny (inspired by the Whistler 84 in Memoriam thread)

Comment

Originally posted by xfkirsten
                Yes. LOVED that.
                Spoiler:
                I almost wonder if she wasn't about to cry, though. When she turned away to walk back to her office, she put her hand up to her face like someone would if they knew they were about to tear up and didn't want to show it.
                Hmmmm...interesting. Actually, even not having seen the ep, I'm quite sure that would have been the case.
                Spoiler:
                How could Elizabeth *not* cry given that her worst nightmare regarding Atlantis had just most likely come true? She was facing the loss of Shep and her best team-her best friend and other friends. From a professional and a personal standpoint, how could that not devestate her? As strong as she is, I'd lay money that was going back to her room to bawl her eyes out.

Comment

I'd say it was professional. *goes back and looks* Yep, gonna have to go with professional.

Pretty pic of Elizabeth happy when Shep comes back with all limbs intact.
                  Aw!!!! She should smile more.

Comment

Hmmmm...interesting. Actually, even not having seen the ep, I'm quite sure that would have been the case.
                    Spoiler:
                    How could Elizabeth *not* cry given that her worst nightmare regarding Atlantis had just most likely come true? She was facing the loss of Shep and her best team-her best friend and other friends. From a professional and a personal standpoint, how could that not devestate her? As strong as she is, I'd lay money that was going back to her room to bawl her eyes out.
                    Just watched the scene again to be sure and
                    Spoiler:
                    that's definitely what it looks like. And I agree, she'd have to be devastated after that! As much as she tries to remain stoic in front of the rest of the Atlantis crew, there's just times when I don't think anyone could really hold their composure for long. She kept her face relatively passive while she was being told, but as soon as he left, her face really fell and she turned to go to her office quickly.

Comment

Pretty pic of Elizabeth happy when Shep comes back with all limbs intact.
                      The 'other parts'...she'll check later.

Comment

You know that last post made me think. Has John ever seen the extent to which Elizabeth worries? He's always the one she's going crazy worrying over, dang it. Can anyone think of a time when another team was missing and the two of them worried together as leaders should? He's seen her mad (mostly at him), stoic in the face of extreme danger, strong in ways most men couldn't pull off, but has he seen her sick with worry about a team member? When other people have been in danger, he's usually been off getting into trouble himself? Like in The Storm/The Eye or Siege 2. So no wonder in Siege 3
                        Spoiler:
                        he was so startled when she hugged him. The fool was surprised that she had been so worried about him of all people. Conversion should have shown him the depth of her concern, but he wasn't exactly himself and he may think he imagined most of it. Now here he goes off to try and get himself killed again, comes home and makes a cute remark about "sorry we're late" and goes about his business without a thought that she might be having some sort of emotional reaction. Damn man, I could just kick him.
                        But at some point I can see him having some sort of, dare I say, epiphany that well, gosh darn it, she just might care what happens to little 'ol me. This is totally separate from the epiphany in Epiphany, whatever that is. Just rambling, as usual.
                        sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Originally posted by xkawaiix
                          Aw!!!! She should smile more.
                          Big ol FAT 'Ditto' to that!

Her face is transformed when she smiles. Really pretty smile that we don't see enough of.
                          Spoiler:
                          Let me ask from a total shippy standpoint. Can you tell she's looking at Shep rather than at the group as a whole -sort of like in Aurora when she takes Caldwell to see the team, you can tell she's really looking right at Sheppard. Is that the case here or can you not tell?

Comment

Her face is transformed when she smiles. Really pretty smile that we don't see enough of.
                            Spoiler:
                            Let me ask from a total shippy standpoint. Can you tell she's looking at Shep rather than at the group as a whole -sort of like in Aurora when she takes Caldwell to see the team, you can tell she's really looking right at Sheppard. Is that the case here or can you not tell?
                            Oh, it's him.
                            Spoiler:
                            The technician tells her "It's Colonel Sheppard" and this massive grin appears on her face as she runs towards the Stargate. And there's that Look between them when he comes through.

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red
                              You know that last post made me think. Has John ever seen the extent to which Elizabeth worries? He's always the one she's going crazy worrying over, dang it. Can anyone think of a time when another team was missing and the two of them worried together as leaders should? He's seen her mad (mostly at him), stoic in the face of extreme danger, strong in ways most men couldn't pull off, but has he seen her sick with worry about a team member? When other people have been in danger, he's usually been off getting into trouble himself? Like in The Storm/The Eye or Siege 2. So no wonder in Siege 3
                              Spoiler:
                              he was so startled when she hugged him. The fool was surprised that she had been so worried about him of all people. Conversion should have shown him the depth of her concern, but he wasn't exactly himself and he may think he imagined most of it. Now here he goes off to try and get himself killed again, comes home and makes a cute remark about "sorry we're late" and goes about his business without a thought that she might be having some sort of emotional reaction. Damn man, I could just kick him.
                              But at some point I can see him having some sort of, dare I say, epiphany that well, gosh darn it, she just might care what happens to little 'ol me. This is totally separate from the epiphany in Epiphany, whatever that is. Just rambling, as usual.
                              That's a good point Southern. He's such a *guy* and they never think about such things. I worried sick last Saturday when my husband, on a trip, forgot to call in and let me know he was 'o.k.' Being married to the goof and given that it wasn't the first time he'd done this, I didn't hold back and let him have it for being so darn inconsiderate! I'd love to see something like that between them or maybe a third party intercede on Elizabeth's behalf regarding the matter. I'd love for him to ask the question of himself, 'Why the heck does she worry so much about me? Why does she care so darn much?'

Sigh...men.

Comment

Spoiler:
                                Hmmm..
                                Spoiler:
                                just went back and looked (oh, darn, had to watch that scene again! ) and she definitely focuses on him at first, but she looks around a lot at the others, too.

Comment

Working...
                                X