No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh, what the hey. Season One Sparky Pic Spam!

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

Elizabeth, I need to talk to you. It's about the Wrai--
                Not now, Rodney. I'm about to win this staring contest.
                What do ya get if you win?
                ... It's more alike, what do I lose.

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                  I don't want to burst your JJ Abrams bubble, but I saw a bit of that film he did and I wasn't impressed.
                  Oh jeeze...That's ANOTHER thing I probably shouldn't get started on...

Seriously, not unlike Lost every time I do get started I get overloaded with points and give up.
                  "First Weir, then Samantha Carter, and now, you! It's a pity you humans die or get reassigned so easily, or I might have a sense of satisfaction now!"

*You got the touch! You got the poweeeeer!*

"Arise, Woolseyus Prime."

"Elizabeth..."

Comment

Originally posted by Infinite-Possibilities View Post
                    Oh jeeze...That's ANOTHER thing I probably shouldn't get started on...

Seriously, not unlike Lost every time I do get started I get overloaded with points and give up.
                    Sounds bad.
                    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Pearl of Atlantis76 View Post
                      Oh my gosh, SW oh my gosh, oh my gosh!!!!! This was simply perfect,
                      Spoiler:
                      I remember reading the beginning of this some time ago, and back then I had already love it!!! I mean I am totally speechless and trying to see what I am trying to write through my watery eyes, oh my gosh!!! This was really great, I loved all the subtext in the conversation between John and Elizabeth, while he was explaining her the video game,
                      loved it, loved it, loved it!!!! Please I want more!!!!

I believe I am more or less in that category. And I must admit that when I first watched seasons 4 and 5 and also because of the way I watched them (I mean I was watching the premieres of the episodes of season 4 and 5 and trying to catch up with the first 3 seasons when they were being showed as reruns), they didn’t seem so bad to me, I have to be honest.

But I could easily tell they were not the same thing as the episodes from the first 3 seasons. I always felt more excited about the stories from the first seasons (maybe because I prefer episodes in which all the characters will interact the most).

Back then I also didn’t know anything of what had happened behind the scenes, so lets say that now some (if not most) of my disliking of seasons 4 and 5 episodes might come from that, the knowledge of how things were so badly handled in the last two seasons.

Spoiler:

I begun watching SGA firstly because i had seen Stargate SG1, not all the episodes then, but i started with them, then i saw lots of times the trailer of Stargate Atlantis, but back then the time it was showed it was impossible for me to watch it, so sometimes i would only see glimpses of it when i would stop by our living room and someone was watching it.

I remember seeing that part of John and Dr. Zelenka in "Adrift", when Dr. Zelenka is hit by the small meteorite (of course back then i didn't know them at all and didn't know what they were doing ). Then i remember seeing the reruns, parts of it also, that were showed during the day, i remember parts from "Letters from Pegasus" and of "Before i sleep", and that's about it.

I can't remember now what was actually the first episode i first watched, i mean the first episode i watched from the beginning to the end, it wasn't "Rising", because "Rising", was the last episode(s) i watched after having watched almost all the episodes from season one to maybe end/middle of season three. Oh and i watched the episodes from season 1 to 3 always as reruns. I only watched the episodes that were showed at night, for the first time, precisely when Sam Carter came to replace Elizabeth, that is Lifeline, can you believe it? Shame on me!!

But then i become really interested in the series, not because of John and Elizabeth (not at first), but because i loved Atlantis, the city was so beautiful and the fact they were living adventures on another galaxy plus the Atlantis technology made me like the show.
                      Very interesting. I've always wondered what I would have thought had I not have known so much BTS stuff. I'm thinking I would have just assumed Sparky was the chosen ship, but because Torri left for some reason, it never happened. I also might have thought they would bring her back at some point.

We all see things differently, but this show is living proof that just because TPTB intend something to happen, it doesn't necessarily come across that way to most of the fans.
                      sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                        Very interesting. I've always wondered what I would have thought had I not have known so much BTS stuff. I'm thinking I would have just assumed Sparky was the chosen ship, but because Torri left for some reason, it never happened. I also might have thought they would bring her back at some point.

We all see things differently, but this show is living proof that just because TPTB intend something to happen, it doesn't necessarily come across that way to most of the fans.
                        I'm too nosy. If I had started off as a casual watcher, I probably would've dug around and inevitably fallen in here, never to leave.

After "Rising" (which I saw only because I happened to be someplace at that exact time that had cable), I didn't regularly watch SGA. Actually, for the year I moved back to NC (2005-2006) I didn't watch at all -- I was too traumatized about the ending of Enterprise (another case of TBTW frakup). When we moved back to FL, our place had cable and SciFi was running all-day marathons of SGA on Monday, so I recorded some S1 and watched it over and over and over. I remember the premiere of S4 and watching the eppys after I'd recorded them, and desperately hoping there was some plot twist that kept Elizabeth on the show. Alas ... by that point I already shipped Sparky, so I suffered double heartbreak, but CD helped make up for it.

Anyhoodle. I'm exhausted, better go get some sleep before I fall over and start drooling on my laptind;fhy[8rhwtlnwrg/ldfug

Too late. Good night, everyone!

Comment

Awesome story, ShipperWriter!!

Comment

Originally posted by ShipperWriter View Post
                            Part Two:

Spoiler:
                            Carson and Elizabeth had boarded a small Air Force jet, the kind she assumed was normally reserved for transporting high ranking officers or VIPs. While her doctor had taken a seat a row back, she settled herself into the window seat and watched the clouds they were flying through with intense fascination. It was deserved; she hadn't seen real clouds in probably four months.

Her eyes began to flutter shut against her wishes, but when she saw John's face she finally drifted away.

-------

"The red mushrooms make you big."

Elizabeth looked up and over at John. His fingers were still flying over the buttons but he spared a sideways glance at her. "When you start the game, your character is half sized. The red mushrooms make you big."

"Hmm."

"If you get hit by a weapon or an opponent, it won't kill you instantly if you're big. It'll just shrink you."

"What about the green ones?"

"They're '1-ups' or extra lives." He smirked. "That's the reason I like playing this game."

He fell silent, and his fingers stilled on the Nintendo device. He bit his lip, then hit a button and paused the game.

"If you die in this game, if you lose a level, you come right back. You come back to life. You don't get left behind. Your friends don't let you down."

That was when Elizabeth realized they weren't talking about Super Mario anymore.

She looked at John, and his face betrayed him.

He never was a man to talk about his feelings. He would rarely show them directly. But as he sat next to her, shoulders slumped, lips pressed firmly together, chin touching his chest, she found that his body language said what he never did.

Until now.

"I shouldn't have given up that easily, Elizabeth. I should've brought you home, but instead I just added you to the list of people I failed."

She sighed. "John, that's not what this is. You didn't fail me." She paused, then added, "I heard the IOA turned you down."

He frowned. "How did you--"

"That's not important. The point is, you tried. You did everything in your power, and you made the wisest decision possible. I don't hold you accountable. You shouldn't either."

John groaned in disagreement, but she nudged his shoulder.

"If you had flown off the handle and done something stupid, it would have reduced the chances of anything successful happening anyway." Elizabeth smiled, just for a second. "Good things come to those who wait."

He smiled faintly, and she thought she heard him chuckle. "Yeah." He looked at the video game in his hands, then placed it in front of her. "You wanna give it a shot?"

Elizabeth laughed. "I have no idea what to do!"

"You'll figure it out as you go. I promise."

She accepted it carefully and John's fingertips touched hers just enough that her head jerked up, partly out of worry and partly due to the sparks that she hadn't felt in years.

John was looking back at her, but his hazel eyes showed no concern; in fact, they were warm and welcoming, and the corner of his mouth began to crook upwards. "It's okay," he reassured her. "The last time you got infected with nanites, I made it out alive. I think we'll make it through this."

Elizabeth nodded and cast a brief glance down at the paused screen, then her eyes met his again. Somehow, she knew, he wasn't just talking about the whole Replicator-nanite situation.

"Okay. What do I do?"

------------

Three weeks on the Daedalus felt like she was back in quarantine, but when they finally made it out of hyperspace above the planet where Atlantis now resided, one she had never been to before, Elizabeth felt like she had gotten her life back for good.

Stephen Caldwell smiled at her as she and Carson walked onto the bridge. "Elizabeth. Welcome back to Atlantis."

She smiled nervously, letting out a breath that she didn't realize she had been holding. "It's good to be back."

"We'll need to transport directly into the infirmary before she can return to the city's population," Carson informed the colonel.

"Understood." He looked at the lieutenant in front of him. "Open a channel."

A second later, she gave a thumbs up and Caldwell spoke. "Atlantis, this is Caldwell. Do you read?"

"Loud and clear, Colonel," Richard Woolsey's voice filtered through the intercom, sounding almost jovial. "Welcome back to the Pegasus galaxy."

Caldwell nodded. "Thank you. We have supplies to beam to the gate room, and two passengers to transport to the infirmary."

The faint scraping of boots was heard from the city's side of the microphone, and Elizabeth held a hand up to her mouth to hide the smile. She had a feeling that she knew all too well who had just run out of the control room in Atlantis.

Woolsey cleared his throat. "Any time you're ready, Daedalus."

Not finished yet, but I needed something fluffy and angsty and happy and soul-searching and I thought this fit the bill.
                            I love it, SW!!! Please don't keep us waiting too long for the rest of it. I need some Sparky fluff right now.
                            I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
                              Awesome story, ShipperWriter!!
                              Originally posted by mandogater View Post
                              I love it, SW!!! Please don't keep us waiting too long for the rest of it. I need some Sparky fluff right now.
                              Thanks! I'll probably be working on it at work tomorrow, so more should be ready soon.

Comment

Slightly OT but not much: does anything special happen when you hit 4,000 posts? Or do you just get full bird at 5,000?

Comment

Working...
                                X