Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Simlead View Post
    I like both. And more. The only thing I have no hope in? Being in the military. I'm hopeless with anything that's marked 'sport'. Get me to take over John's job? I'd willingly do anything (within reason) to get out of it. XD

Oh, and a sparky fic I wrote:
    An Egg-cellent Visitor
    Forgive the cheesy name.
    Cute fic, Simlead.

Spoiler:
    Are you planning to do Elizabeth's revenge at Halloween or not?
    I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
      *zips in* ... Visited an Iron Age henge fort today around Dorchester. Next stops are a stone ring and a long barrow ... *zips out*
      *Tries not to be jealous*

Glad to see your having fun, FH.
      I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

sigpic
        My Favorite Scifi/Fantasy T.V. Shows, Movies, Franchises, My Sports Teams & My Fav Sitcom
        poundpuppy29 AKA Erika = Astrology Nut, Scifi-Fantasy Junkie & Massachusetts Girl

Comment

So I went back to the blog and looked up what he wrote about the movie and my raection went from "Well OK so far this isn't so bad..." to "Uh....ok..... they really weren't kidding about this were they? then to "Yeah they REALLY weren't kidding about this."
          Last edited by Infinite-Possibilities; 01 April 2013, 04:33 PM.
          "First Weir, then Samantha Carter, and now, you! It's a pity you humans die or get reassigned so easily, or I might have a sense of satisfaction now!"

*You got the touch! You got the poweeeeer!*

"Arise, Woolseyus Prime."

"Elizabeth..."

Comment

Originally posted by Raelis View Post
            Not just Malozzi's, even. The entire premise of these shows defies logic in many ways (aliens speaking modern English being only one of the many examples).

eh, I guess I'm not as hard on Malozzi as everyone else here. Yeas, he's an inferior writer. His attempts at humor and his characterisation leave much to be desired, for the most part (the only episode written by him that I like is "Window of Opportunity"). And his sense of continuity is... well, let's not even mention it. But as far as plot and logic go, I don't think he's any worse than the rest of the Stargate writers.
            With Mallozzi, the reason so many of us dislike him so has little to do with his writing or the actual show. It's because he insulted the fans on his blog, called us names and made fun of us repeatedly for the last 2 years of the show and beyond. He deliberately misled fans and teased us to the point where we don't believe anything he says. The whole mysterious feud with JF is also a factor. He made a long speech at the wrap party for the show and thanked everyone up to and including the crew, but never mentioned Joe's name. So that is, at least for me, why I will never want anything further to do with the man.
            sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Originally posted by Varda View Post
              I don't want to leave this thread either!
              By the way, the link in your Signature to your ff.net profile just provided me with new Sparky reading for the nearest future Thank you! (Sorry, I can't send PM yet, but I wanted to say it anyway)
              Thank you! I hope you enjoy what you find!

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
              Baconbaconbaconbacon! I love this theme. Anyone who watches SGA knows that bacon is the food that makes all other foods taste good.
              *raises eyebrows* I thought that was Jim Gaffigan??? LOL

Comment

He made a long speech at the wrap party for the show and thanked everyone up to and including the crew, but never mentioned Joe's name. So that is, at least for me, why I will never want anything further to do with the man.
                Did not know that ... Poor Joe ... That's just sad!
                To succeed in life, you need 3 things ... a Wishbone, a Backbone and a Funny Bone

Comment

... So I'm thinking of restarting that AU HS fic ... if only I can find the bits and pieces scattered on the thread ... and LJ ...

Comment

With Mallozzi, the reason so many of us dislike him so has little to do with his writing or the actual show. It's because he insulted the fans on his blog, called us names and made fun of us repeatedly for the last 2 years of the show and beyond. He deliberately misled fans and teased us to the point where we don't believe anything he says. The whole mysterious feud with JF is also a factor. He made a long speech at the wrap party for the show and thanked everyone up to and including the crew, but never mentioned Joe's name. So that is, at least for me, why I will never want anything further to do with the man.
                    All of that.

And I also do think that he is a pretty weak writer. Weaker than most. Many of my least favorite episodes are his.

Comment

Originally posted by ShipperWriter View Post
                      ... So I'm thinking of restarting that AU HS fic ... if only I can find the bits and pieces scattered on the thread ... and LJ ...
                      found the prologue. here

Comment

Originally posted by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard View Post
                        found the prologue. here
                        Yup, found that easy peasy. It's the rest that's eluding me. I swear I posted snippets on the thread, but it's like they've vanished into thin air.

Either that or I never posted them, which means I just need to rewrite it. YAY!!!

Oh, and I'm ticked (OT for school-related crap):
                        Spoiler:
                        My student has to take FCAT test for English in a few weeks, and for some frakked up reason, I'm not allowed to bring my own computer in to "work". What the what?!?!?! I did last year and nobody threw a fit!

Heading to bed -- I've got a long day tomorrow. Last JV track meet of the season, and possibly the Varsity meet on Friday, and I finally get my afternoons and Tuesday evenings back! Have a good night, everybody!

Comment

Yup, found that easy peasy. It's the rest that's eluding me. I swear I posted snippets on the thread, but it's like they've vanished into thin air.

Either that or I never posted them, which means I just need to rewrite it. YAY!!!

Oh, and I'm ticked (OT for school-related crap):
                          Spoiler:
                          My student has to take FCAT test for English in a few weeks, and for some frakked up reason, I'm not allowed to bring my own computer in to "work". What the what?!?!?! I did last year and nobody threw a fit!

Heading to bed -- I've got a long day tomorrow. Last JV track meet of the season, and possibly the Varsity meet on Friday, and I finally get my afternoons and Tuesday evenings back! Have a good night, everybody!
                          well i'll look some more to see if you posted anything more of it but i read the prologue just now and i was immediately hooked.

OT
                          Spoiler:
                          do not mention english to me. i've got a bone to pick with english professors at the moment. i've spent my entire spring break doing english homework THAT I already did, but apparently my professor lost it all. GO FIGURE!

Comment

do not mention english to me. i've got a bone to pick with english professors at the moment. i've spent my entire spring break doing english homework THAT I already did, but apparently my professor lost it all. GO FIGURE!
                            ... Reading???

Sorry. I know that situation can be messy in HS, so it must be a million times worse in college.

Comment

... Reading???

Sorry. I know that situation can be messy in HS, so it must be a million times worse in college.
                              oh it is. i never felt more frustrated in my life then in the past two weeks. i felt like breaking something. and SW? i did it all...and it's due tommrow morning at 930am.

Comment

oh it is. i never felt more frustrated in my life then in the past two weeks. i felt like shooting someone.
                                Good thing I'm on the other side of the country.

Okay, one last thing before I sign off:

Y buenos noches, mi amigos!

Comment

Working...
                                X