Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
    One thing's for sure - the Jurassic Coast in the UK will never be the same again once my sister and I have been there this week. Southampton may never recover either if I have a say in it.
    Sounds like a fun week.
    I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
      Thanks!
      You're welcome. *Crosses fingers go well for you.*
      I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

HAPPY EASTER from the UK!! Sun and blue skies... and easter eggs... *zips away*
        Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

HAPPY EASTER from Northern California. kinda wet over here. it's going to be an interesting egg hunt.

Comment

HAPPY EASTER from the UK!! Sun and blue skies... and easter eggs... *zips away*
            I already ate my first one... *guilty look* I'm in the UK too, and 8am this morning, the woman from the local Salvation Army church, who knows my mum, sent her a text. 8am! Then, an hour later, her husband sent a longer one later. My mum said the left hand didn't know what the right hand was doing...
            On topic, I have an Easter sparky fic idea... *runs off to write*
            Your Life Was Amazing Until You Met Me
            My FF.net . My Sci-Fi Art . My Stargate RPG . Sam/Jack Made Up Episodes Project

Comment

Originally posted by Simlead View Post
              I already ate my first one... *guilty look* I'm in the UK too...
              I'm on holiday in the UK (I'm from Belgium) and I refrained from eating the eggs until after the hunt. My sister surprised me with it so I thought it a good idea to at least wait till after we collected them all again. She counted them to make sure we hadn't actually forgotten any.

The owners of the cottage we're renting might otherwise find a surprise in their yard when they return from their own holiday in Norway.

Comment

I'm on holiday in the UK (I'm from Belgium) and I refrained from eating the eggs until after the hunt. My sister surprised me with it so I thought it a good idea to at least wait till after we collected them all again. She counted them to make sure we hadn't actually forgotten any.

The owners of the cottage we're renting might otherwise find a surprise in their yard when they return from their own holiday in Norway.
                A melted surprise, by any chance? I'm watching Lion King with my sister and mum. To say it's Easter, there's barely anything on TV. And no Stargate until 3pm!
                Anyway, I live here. It has its benefits. And downsides. Lots of downsides. Like snow at Easter.
                Wait, just a random question - I've seen it in fics, but does it ever actually snow on Atlantis? I haven't watched an episode in ages...

Comment

*knocks shyly at the door*
                  Well, Happy Easter to everybody... <3

Would you mind if I join you here with Sparky appreciation?
                  I've entered the Abyss and never returned.

sigpic

My links: Tumblr || Twitter || VK

Comment

A melted surprise, by any chance?
                    Definitely melted.

I'm watching Lion King with my sister and mum. To say it's Easter, there's barely anything on TV. And no Stargate until 3pm!
                    I think we'll pop in Game of Thrones season 2. We watched season 1 in November when we were in the Hastings area. Read book 2 (finished it yesterday evening in fact) so onwards to season 2. I read the books before I watch the series, so while season 3 is starting today I won't watch it until I've read book 3.

Anyway, I live here. It has its benefits. And downsides. Lots of downsides. Like snow at Easter.
                    I believe Belgium's having snow at Easter too this year. We joked about how the chance of snow at Easter was higher than at Christmas.

Wait, just a random question - I've seen it in fics, but does it ever actually snow on Atlantis? I haven't watched an episode in ages...
                    I don't think they ever mention it, and it never snowed during an episode. However, I do think they have a winter season.

Comment

Definitely melted.
                      I'll take chocolate either way.

I think we'll pop in Game of Thrones season 2. We watched season 1 in November when we were in the Hastings area. Read book 2 (finished it yesterday evening in fact) so onwards to season 2. I read the books before I watch the series, so while season 3 is starting today I won't watch it until I've read book 3.
                      That's on my list to read. My mile-long list to read. XD

I believe Belgium's having snow at Easter too this year. We joked about how the chance of snow at Easter was higher than at Christmas.
                      That sounds about right...

I don't think they ever mention it, and it never snowed during an episode. However, I do think they have a winter season.
                      That would make sense. The only reason I could think of for Lantea not to have a winter season is for there to be four suns, one at east, one at west, one at north, and one at south. Then, no matter what angle the planet was at, it would always be close to a sun.

I went off on a ramble there, didn't I?

Comment

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Nolamom View Post
                          Awesome smiley! *bows to the great smiley maker*

Comment

Lantea has two suns... so there would have to be at least two times a year it's not close to either.

Comment

Lantea has two suns... so there would have to be at least two times a year it's not close to either.
                              That would explain the mostly sunny weather. There'd be a summer/strong spring whenever they were close to a sun. So they'd a shorter winter and autumn. I'll stop there, I'm at risk of going into McKay mode.

Comment

I'm not much of a science person - I generally tend to zone out whenever Carter or McKay (or Zelenka) start off into a science speech.

I prefer history/archaeology/anthropology over pure science.

Comment

Working...
                                X