Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sigpic
    My Favorite Scifi/Fantasy T.V. Shows, Movies, Franchises, My Sports Teams & My Fav Sitcom
    poundpuppy29 AKA Erika = Astrology Nut, Scifi-Fantasy Junkie & Massachusetts Girl

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
      You mean the same as a small insect? Then yes they do.

I had forgotten about that in the Austen books. I'm thinking the custom came over here with the immigrants who settled the South. Other areas may do it too, but I'm not aware of it.
      So how do you pronounce "taunt"? Like "tant"?

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
        Oh, so now you're ignoring me...

I think you're halfway to China by now. Perhaps time to let go.

If you want to ignore my views, you are more than allowed to do so, but at least have some respect. That's all I'm asking here.

You wanna know why I'm in this thread -- I like it here. I like the people in here. Sure, my main pairing isn't Sparky. I kinda need John for someone else. But when I first started posting in here (which is a long time ago) I was excepted into this dysfunctional family, and these guys they rock and made me feel welcome. Times have changed, people have come and gone, but one thing remains the same... we all love pretty much the same thing so we either respect that or (we get in trouble with the mods) we ignore that which we do not wish to see or do not like to see.

Short version - You respect me as a fan (no matter what I like or not like (which isn't Sparky btw)) and I respect you (no matter what you like, or don't like).

Anyway... with that out of the way... Allons-y Allonzo!
        Gosh no, I am not ignoring you, no way! I am just trying to say that in my mind everything has to be Sparky, LOL, I live on Sparky land all the time now, LOL, and because of that I might not consider so carefully perspectives that are not totally my Sparky perspectives, but that’s just how I work, I am terrible when it comes to the things I have a passion for, I totally lose reason and I only care about what I think, I know that I am very bad because of that, but I can’t help it, my temper/personality is not able to deal with those kind of things well, but I do really appreciate other perspectives, and when I meant I would overlook other perspectives, I was trying to say I will overlook them in what concerns them not being that well accepted in my Sparky land, LOL. Gosh, I am complicating things even more now, am I not? Sorry, I am a very complicated person. *peace*
        sigpic
        sig by Erin Atlantis Rising: The Virtual series Thank you so much for "Primum Movens"

Comment

the only Doctor i watch was David Tennant's doctor. he reminded me a little of John Sheppard / Joe Flanigan.

Comment

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
            No, that would be " tawnt".
            sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

sigpichttps://www.fanfiction.net/s/7450657...-World-Goes-On Sparky story SGA https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10177037/1/Bad-Moon-Rising Teen Wolf fanfic story https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10573271/1/Skyfall Thor fanfic story
              https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1168823...here-Was-Light Crimson Peak story sig by yamiinsane

Comment

No, that would be " tawnt".
                Yes, and taunt is just aunt with a t. Therefore aunt should be pronounced awnt.

English is so weird. Multiple gooses are geese but multiple mouses aren't meese.

Comment

K9 was one of my favorite Who characters, and Sarah Jane will always be my favorite companion. We could have an old Who vs the new generation argument, but let's not and say we did.
                  I've yet to watch all older Who's which I'm hoping to accomplish soon. And still have to watch season 5 of The Sarah Jane Adventures. I really liked those. I consider myself a Whovian so I think I should at least have a go at the older Doctors and see how I fare.

My K9 model (Autodesk Maya):

Spoiler:

Originally posted by Pearl of Atlantis76 View Post
                  [snip]
                  Gosh, I am complicating things even more now, am I not? Sorry, I am a very complicated person. *peace*
                  I see your point clearly...
                  Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

I’ve never seen ‘Dr. Who’ so I’m a bit lost during this weekend’s theme

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
                    Pointless knowledge of the day – "tant" is the Swedish word for "aunt" (just because those two were brought up)
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Brie View Post
                      Pointless knowledge of the day – "tant" is the Swedish word for "aunt" (just because those two were brought up)
                      Add an E to tant and you have the Dutch/French word for aunt.

Comment

I see your point clearly...
                        Good to know that. LOL
                        sigpic
                        sig by Erin Atlantis Rising: The Virtual series Thank you so much for "Primum Movens"

Comment

Originally posted by Sparky She-Demon View Post
                          Cute, very cute, mandogater!
                          Thanks. I haven't watched Firefly in awhile but that bit just popped into my head when I saw the pic.
                          I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

Originally posted by Brie View Post
                            Add an E to tant and you have the Dutch/French word for aunt.

Ok.... just realized that probably meant nothing to the non-Americans. Sorry!

Comment

Some sort of TV-show?

Comment

Some sort of TV-show?
                                One of the broadcasting companies used to air public service announcements featuring actors/actresses from series on that network. NBC would end with a little chime and "The More You Know" marqee across teh screen. Gosh, don't think I've seen one of those in ages ...

Comment

Working...
                                X