Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
    I don't think anyone has ever said Teyla had to follow the rules of Atlantis when she was on a personal mission. She was free to come and go when she wasn't working in the city, going on missions, doing training or in a few cases, taking over for Elizabeth.
    Exactly, but she had to remind Carter of that.
    sigpic
    sig by Erin Atlantis Rising: The Virtual series Thank you so much for "Primum Movens"

Comment

Originally posted by Pearl of Atlantis76 View Post
      Exactly, but she had to remind Carter of that.
      That's because Carter was still basically a "newbie", learning that Atlantis isn't Earth and the "rules" are different there.
      (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
      Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
        That's because Carter was still basically a "newbie", learning that Atlantis isn't Earth and the "rules" are different there.
        Yeah, probably, LOL.
        sigpic
        sig by Erin Atlantis Rising: The Virtual series Thank you so much for "Primum Movens"

Comment

And another tidbit, they aren't allowed to carry umbrellas either. I guess that's what the cover (hat) is for.

When SR Jr was a cadet in ROTC, they actually gave them pants with the pockets sewn up.
          When I got my Class A's at Basic the pockets were stitched shut...I thought it was weird (they issue you the uniforms at the beginning of Basic before you learn anything....)

the no umbrella thing is why I got soaked at so many funerals and parades....:/

and let Mr. SR know he's not the only one driven nuts when they get it wrong!
          My fanfics:http://evil_bad_evil.livejournal.com/3389.htmlMember of the Sisterhood of the Pantster Fan Fic Writers
          sigpic

Comment

So I popped my S1 SGA DVD in yesterday while I made dinner because I like background noise (I live alone and it gets lonely and I like company...who better than Sparky, right?) and I watched Rising while I ate and is it me or did they make John kinda...I dunno...dumb....at the beginning? He just always seems to have this confused, dopey look on his face and it just...I dunno. I was getting mad at the writers for making him look stupid.

Maybe I'm just thinking about this too much....

And the boys and I started watching Hide and Seek while we played Sorry tonight and they LOVED the part when John pushes Rodney over the railing...my kids are awesome! LOL
            My fanfics:http://evil_bad_evil.livejournal.com/3389.htmlMember of the Sisterhood of the Pantster Fan Fic Writers
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by drewandian View Post
              When I got my Class A's at Basic the pockets were stitched shut...I thought it was weird (they issue you the uniforms at the beginning of Basic before you learn anything....)

the no umbrella thing is why I got soaked at so many funerals and parades....:/

and let Mr. SR know he's not the only one driven nuts when they get it wrong!
              It's one of those little details civilians would never notice. That and saluting, oh, and wearing the cover indoors just about drives him around the bend. We watched NCIS last night and were both distracted by the vast number of errors. Unusual for this show. They didn't explain why a college grad was a Private, and had a 32 year old Captain wearing his shiny bars with the dark camouflage. Things like that which make civilians go "huh?" when we bring them up.

So I popped my S1 SGA DVD in yesterday while I made dinner because I like background noise (I live alone and it gets lonely and I like company...who better than Sparky, right?) and I watched Rising while I ate and is it me or did they make John kinda...I dunno...dumb....at the beginning? He just always seems to have this confused, dopey look on his face and it just...I dunno. I was getting mad at the writers for making him look stupid.

And the boys and I started watching Hide and Seek while we played Sorry tonight and they LOVED the part when John pushes Rodney over the railing...my kids are awesome! LOL
              I don't remember thinking that. That means I must rewatch. Maybe they set it up that way so we would be even more surprised when he came up with the math answer that shocked Rodney so much. Come to think of it, I do recall when they went to the Athosian's planet and Holling introduced himself, John didn't understand that it was his name, and Sumner made fun of him. Plus, he did look goofy a couple of times later. I'm glad they didn't stick with that.

Your kids are indeed the awesomest.

And BTW, Mallozzi actually complimented JF's acting when talking about Vegas. I almost fell out of my chair.
              sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Hello Sparkies!

I am Queen McBeck of McTennantLand,
                traveling in the TARDIS with King Rodney & my fine Sir Carson of Atlantis... ALONSY!

sigpic

Comment

John looked confused all the time because out of all the people we saw in Rising, he was the only one who'd had no idea about the existence of the Stargate program. even when he makes the decision to actually travel to Atlantis, everything is new to him. Well, it's new to every member of the expediction, given that they're in another galaxy, but it's more new to John than to anyone else. Watch how he and Rodney act around Hermiod in season 2. Rodney is completely unimpressed (because he's worked with the Asgard before, but John is completely bewildered.

He is not stupid at the beginning of the show, he's just overwhelmed. Anyone would be.

Also, John seems to be the type who would downplay his intelligence. Jack O'Neill is like that as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Raelis View Post
                    John looked confused all the time because out of all the people we saw in Rising, he was the only one who'd had no idea about the existence of the Stargate program. even when he makes the decision to actually travel to Atlantis, everything is new to him. Well, it's new to every member of the expediction, given that they're in another galaxy, but it's more new to John than to anyone else. Watch how he and Rodney act around Hermiod in season 2. Rodney is completely unimpressed (because he's worked with the Asgard before, but John is completely bewildered.

He is not stupid at the beginning of the show, he's just overwhelmed. Anyone would be.

Also, John seems to be the type who would downplay his intelligence. Jack O'Neill is like that as well.
                    They purposely didn't let JF see the Hermiod puppet until they filmed that scene. His reaction is all Joe, and since they knew he hates puppets, it was just what they wanted. Clever for once. And I don't know why he hates puppets.

But what really made me LOL was in Misbegotten when he gave Teyla the same look when she was flying the ship. Don't believe me, just go look.
                    sigpic

Comment

They purposely didn't let JF see the Hermiod puppet until they filmed that scene. His reaction is all Joe, and since they knew he hates puppets, it was just what they wanted. Clever for once. And I don't know why he hates puppets.

But what really made me LOL was in Misbegotten when he gave Teyla the same look when she was flying the ship. Don't believe me, just go look.
                      Hee,I didn't know he hated puppets! That's a funny tidbit. Haven't watched Misbegotten in a very long time (not one of my favorites), but will definitely watch it now. Some of Joe's facial expressions are just priceless.
                      Last edited by Raelis; 23 February 2013, 07:51 AM.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Sparky!Family Saturday!

It's one of those little details civilians would never notice. That and saluting, oh, and wearing the cover indoors just about drives him around the bend. We watched NCIS last night and were both distracted by the vast number of errors. Unusual for this show. They didn't explain why a college grad was a Private, and had a 32 year old Captain wearing his shiny bars with the dark camouflage. Things like that which make civilians go "huh?" when we bring them up.
                        NCIS? Geeze, I would've thought they'd be better about stuff like that.

And BTW, Mallozzi actually complimented JF's acting when talking about Vegas. I almost fell out of my chair.
                        *looks around* Is the sky falling? Are pigs flying?

OMG. I AM going to have to check that one out!
                        (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                        Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                          Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Sparky!Family Saturday!

NCIS? Geeze, I would've thought they'd be better about stuff like that.

*looks around* Is the sky falling? Are pigs flying?

OMG. I AM going to have to check that one out!
                          NCIS usually does a good job, but they blew it this week.

I thought I saw a couple of pigs with wings earlier today, but his exact quote was:

Joe Flanigan is perfect as the washed up detective with nothing to lose.

Now, I may be wrong, but I see a bit of a back-handed compliment in there. You always have to parse what JM says very carefully.
                          sigpic

Comment

Yeah, I think I know what you mean. At the beginning, while they are still in Antarctica, I believe he was kind of confused, that’s why he looked a little bit stupid. But on that part that Holling tells his name to them and John doesn’t understand that it’s Holling’s name he is trying to tell them, hey, in that part, he sure looked a bit stupid. But as soon as he lost sight of Colonel Sumner he became smarter. And in Hide and Seek, he no longer looks stupid.

I guess we all love that part that John pushes Rodney over the railing, LOL!

It is easy for him to do that now.

John looked confused all the time because out of all the people we saw in Rising, he was the only one who'd had no idea about the existence of the Stargate program
                            He was kind of lost around all that people and we have to admit, the Antarctica outpost was quite amazing, so he was feeling a little bit out of place there, and I guess that’s why he looked a little bit goofy there.

but it's more new to John than to anyone else.
                            Everyone else had been on the Stargate program already for a few months or more; he was the last one to enter the program.

John seems to be the type who would downplay his intelligence
                            He sure is.

They purposely didn't let JF see the Hermiod puppet until they filmed that scene. His reaction is all Joe,
                            Really? I didn’t know that.

Does he think Teyla is also a puppet?
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Pearl of Atlantis76 View Post
                              Does he think Teyla is also a puppet?
                              Really now...

I hope that was a joke, but just so you know there are people in here who actually do like Teyla as a character. Me, for one.
                              Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                                Really now...

I hope that was a joke, but just so you know there are people in here who actually do like Teyla as a character. Me, for one.
                                I think maybe she was making a crack at the ship idea, not Teyla. As was I. It was a joke.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X