Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
    This brings up the often wrong statement that John was not Teyla's boss. Yes, she could leave any time she wanted to, but when she was on the team, she answered to John. Just like Ronon willingly did and Rodney did because it was his job.
    I think that has even come up in an episode... although I could be mistaken. *ponders*

Nevertheless, what you say is quite right anyways.
    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
      I think that has even come up in an episode... although I could be mistaken. *ponders*

Nevertheless, what you say is quite right anyways.
      If it didn't get stated outright, it was certainly implied a number of times when she followed his orders without question.

And the game is still afoot. I'm not sure I got the placement right, but who cares? Normally, I have a huge problem with tattoos of any kind, but I think I can make this one exception.

Spoiler:
      sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

If it didn't get stated outright, it was certainly implied a number of times when she followed his orders without question.

And the game is still afoot. I'm not sure I got the placement right, but who cares? Normally, I have a huge problem with tattoos of any kind, but I think I can make this one exception.

Gee, I would've thought he'd have
        Spoiler:
        "Property of E. Weir" tattooed on his ass.
        (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
        Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
          Spoiler:
          Maybe he does, but he's not showing us that.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by drewandian;13714867

and [B
            america126[/B] I just finished "Beautiful Creatures" and can't wait to read the next book. I took my sister on a V-day date to see the movie and I loved it!!! (I'd love to know what you think)
            i read books 1 and two. the third book is the most shocking one. there are four books...someone saw the movie two nights ago and loved it, i can't wait to see it and will be seeing it on Wednesday with family.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Not by choice...

Which reminds me of a rather funny Season 1 fic from the golden age of the fandom: Marked, by MsRaven.
              (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
              Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Not by choice...

Which reminds me of a rather funny Season 1 fic from the golden age of the fandom: Marked, by MsRaven.
                Perfect timing for a bit of fluff. I love that little story.
                sigpic

Comment

sigpic
                  My Favorite Scifi/Fantasy T.V. Shows, Movies, Franchises, My Sports Teams & My Fav Sitcom
                  poundpuppy29 AKA Erika = Astrology Nut, Scifi-Fantasy Junkie & Massachusetts Girl

Comment

Originally posted by poundpuppy29 View Post
                    http://i178.photobucket.com/albums/w254/poundpuppy29/Sparky/large-FullSize-sga0410-0053xe.jpg
                    I think I'll show this pic to Mr. SR just to see his head spin around. People in the military aren't allowed to put their hands in their pockets while in uniform. We forgive John here because he is obviously emotionally upset because he's losing Elizabeth yet again.
                    sigpic

Comment

Good to know, even though I can't find my pockets anyway with the vest and the side arm in the way... (when I'm at conventions obviously since I'm not military to begin with - thought about it as a career option once but would never pass the physical tests).

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                        Good to know, even though I can't find my pockets anyway with the vest and the side arm in the way... (when I'm at conventions obviously since I'm not military to begin with - thought about it as a career option once but would never pass the physical tests).
                        And another tidbit, they aren't allowed to carry umbrellas either. I guess that's what the cover (hat) is for.

When SR Jr was a cadet in ROTC, they actually gave them pants with the pockets sewn up.
                        sigpic

Comment

This brings up the often wrong statement that John was not Teyla's boss. Yes, she could leave any time she wanted to, but when she was on the team, she answered to John. Just like Ronon willingly did and Rodney did because it was his job.

Yes, they could leave the expedition any time they wanted to, but when working with them they had to follow whatever rules applied.They were like what we call "civilian contractors" in the US. Things get a bit fuzzy between the IOA and the military, but the same rules applied to all the expedition, both civilian and military. The military also had their own set of rules to follow, and when they were out with the team, John was the ultimate authority, and he used his military training to direct the missions.
                          I agree and understand that John was Teyla and Ronon’s boss in what concerned missions.

I agree that both Teyla and Ronon would have to obbey and follow the rules of the expedition if they were on a mission or even when they are living /staying in Atlantis, but in what concerned Teyla going to search for Kanaan and her people, that was something personal, in a way it didn’t have anything to do with the expedition, so she could easily leave Atlantis and go search for them. In this case i believe the expedition rules would not apply to her, and in that way, i believe that’s why she said she didn’t have to ask permission to Carter in order to go and do that. Remember that although Teyla is still part of the expedition she still goes on “business trips” to other planets in order to trade in the name of her people, i believe these trading negotiations didn’t have anything to do with Atlantis. Remember the episode “Trinity” that she goes offworld to trade and Ronon asks her if he can go with her.

Sure, she could have left, but if she had, she wouldn't have had the expedition's resources to help her in the search. That would've made it harder in the long run, not easier.
                          True, but i think she would rather do that than lose the chance of attempting to rescue her people, besides, before the expedition arrived in Pegasus, the Athosian already lived in Pegasus, they had their own ways of survival, for sure she would find a way to find them, of course and undoubtedly it would be harder, but i am sure she would still want to follow that idea, if Atlantis would refuse to help her.
                          Spoiler:
                          And you are showing exactly that on SGA- Rising. The fact she was willing to go side by side with Todd in order to find her people, even if the expedition would not agree with her and with this method.

I am not questioning Teyla in what concerned her following orders in matters related with missions or Atlantis, but going after her people was a personal matter to her, she didn’t need the permission of anyone in Atlantis to do that.

Spoiler:
                          LOL

http://i178.photobucket.com/albums/w254/poundpuppy29/Sparky/large-FullSize-sga0410-0053xe.jpg
                          Isn’t this photo a backstage photo? Or maybe I am not remembering this scene.
                          sigpic
                          sig by Erin Atlantis Rising: The Virtual series Thank you so much for "Primum Movens"

Comment

And another tidbit, they aren't allowed to carry umbrellas either. I guess that's what the cover (hat) is for.
                            Okay that made me LOL...

When SR Jr was a cadet in ROTC, they actually gave them pants with the pockets sewn up.
                            Ha, smart!

Comment

Love the picture though I have o say that the angle of the light cast a shadow (is it Torri’s?) on some very unfortunate places. It is a very good picture though, I wonder if it's a BTS pic and we see Joe and Torri and not John and Elizabeth but I dunno, either way it's great.
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Pearl of Atlantis76 View Post
                                I agree and understand that John was Teyla and Ronon’s boss in what concerned missions.

I agree that both Teyla and Ronon would have to obbey and follow the rules of the expedition if they were on a mission or even when they are living /staying in Atlantis, but in what concerned Teyla going to search for Kanaan and her people, that was something personal, in a way it didn’t have anything to do with the expedition, so she could easily leave Atlantis and go search for them. In this case i believe the expedition rules would not apply to her, and in that way, i believe that’s why she said she didn’t have to ask permission to Carter in order to go and do that. Remember that although Teyla is still part of the expedition she still goes on “business trips” to other planets in order to trade in the name of her people, i believe these trading negotiations didn’t have anything to do with Atlantis. Remember the episode “Trinity” that she goes offworld to trade and Ronon asks her if he can go with her.

True, but i think she would rather do that than lose the chance of attempting to rescue her people, besides, before the expedition arrived in Pegasus, the Athosian already lived in Pegasus, they had their own ways of survival, for sure she would find a way to find them, of course and undoubtedly it would be harder, but i am sure she would still want to follow that idea, if Atlantis would refuse to help her.
                                Spoiler:
                                And you are showing exactly that on SGA- Rising. The fact she was willing to go side by side with Todd in order to find her people, even if the expedition would not agree with her and with this method.

I am not questioning Teyla in what concerned her following orders in matters related with missions or Atlantis, but going after her people was a personal matter to her, she didn’t need the permission of anyone in Atlantis to do that.

LOL

Isn’t this photo a backstage photo? Or maybe I am not remembering this scene.
                                I don't think anyone has ever said Teyla had to follow the rules of Atlantis when she was on a personal mission. She was free to come and go when she wasn't working in the city, going on missions, doing training or in a few cases, taking over for Elizabeth.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X