Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Brie View Post
    I really admire your decision FH and I know that things will work out for the best in the end.
    I have my moments. Sometimes I regret them, and sometimes they open doors to new pathways.
    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
      Someone on Tumblr created these animated gifs of jealous John from Irresistible:

http://24.media.tumblr.com/41bd39455...gmrfo1_400.gif

http://25.media.tumblr.com/47ce06756...gmrfo3_250.gif

http://25.media.tumblr.com/c9a3d9685...gmrfo2_250.gif

The way the camera panned was used to show jealousy. I remember an NCIS episode where Ziva was chatting up some guy and they did the exact same pan to Tony's similarly disgruntled face.
      Oh yeah, John was obviously showing jealousy signs here.

Oh, The Hug, I love this scene!!!!

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
      There's a Sparky one, yes. It's got a swear word in it so let me put it in spoilers.

Well, crap. The swear filter here removes it. It's the f word in front of "yeahsparky".

Over there I'm mathgirl24. You can look at my feed to see some of the people who create the Sparky stuff. I don't want to put that on here cause they're individual people and they might not want the attention.
      Thank you for the link to the Sparky tumblr!! I will have to check it later.

Originally posted by Sparks of Atlantis View Post
      Here's a question: if John had known that Elizabeth had gone out with Mike Branton in "Sunday," would he have been as jealous as he was in "Irresistable," or would he have hand-waved it aside?
      Maybe a little bit of both. I am guessing he would be a little bit (or a lot!! ) jealous, after all Elizabeth was paying attention to another guy, she was having lunch and talking with another guy, I mean he would probably see that she was not wearing her uniform and for sure he would have noticed something different in her. But I would not see him react to it, at least not in a way that would be showed to others. (I wish he could have seen them together, or that at least Rodney would have said something about it to him, I would have loved to see his reaction then. ) We know how John is, I mean he would probably think that she probably doesn’t feel about him the way he feels about her, and would probably just hand waved it aside.

I wonder if John was jealous in "Irresistable" more out of disgust by how Lucius was influencing everyone, including Elizabeth, around him than out of actual jealousy by how Elizabeth was being allured by a man with impure motives.
      You have a point here.

Originally posted by Nolamom View Post
      Ooh, now that is just evil.
      Is it?

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
      But then, in S4 he was supposedly jealous of Kanaan, and that seemed even less obvious than this.
      In what part was he jealous of Kanaan? Maybe I missed that part, because I don’t remember seeing any scene in which it showed.

That scene is also very similar to this scene from ‘Progeny’ but like with the other one there it can also be viewed in different ways.

Spoiler:

And I think we would probably see “this face” on John if he had seen Elizabeth having lunch with that Mike in Sunday.
      sigpic
      sig by Erin Atlantis Rising: The Virtual series Thank you so much for "Primum Movens"

Comment

Originally posted by Pearl of Atlantis76 View Post

In what part was he jealous of Kanaan? Maybe I missed that part, because I don’t remember seeing any scene in which it showed.
        Well, yeah, that's what we all thought. LOL But evidently, when John was being all snappy and cranky with Teyla in S4 and impatient with her to tell him what her decision was about returning to the team in S5, we were supposed to think he was jealous.

We learned this because JF said in an interview that he wasn't told anything about why John was acting that way, and he thought about it and decided he was jealous. So, this is not an official opinion as far as we know. Confused yet? I don't blame you.

Look at it this way. They were told when the show started that John/Teyla was the POSSIBLE ship and never told anything else. Both JF and RL have said in interviews and cons that they never talked about it or had any instructions from the writers. Naturally RL would want her character to be shipped with the star of the show. It's simple show business and a way for more job security. JF probably could have cared less, and we know he didn't watch the finished products because he has said so on many occasions. So he didn't see all the confusing editing that made it look like he didn't even notice her for most of the time. Ship was not something that ever came up. So we are free to decide how we feel from what we saw on screen.

I didn't see any jealousy, but that's what he thought he was showing.
        sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Well, yeah, that's what we all thought. LOL But evidently, when John was being all snappy and cranky with Teyla in S4 and impatient with her to tell him what her decision was about returning to the team in S5, we were supposed to think he was jealous.
          Oh there? Really? I admit John sure was a lot of snappy and cranky around Teyla on S4 and S5 but I never saw it as jealousy, more like annoyance.

His snappy and cranky reaction in S4, I always thought it was because he was annoyed by the fact she was keeping secrets from them, her pregnancy, but just in a way that she is part of his team and he should have been aware of that because as the team leader he should consider all the risks for his team members before going offworld.

The fact he snapped at her on S5 was because Woolsey was pushing him to make a decision about him adding another member to his team to replace Teyla and he didn’t want that out of consideration to her, after all she had always been a member of his team, in a way a precious one, since she was the one, at least in the beginning, who guided them all around Pegasus.
          sigpic
          sig by Erin Atlantis Rising: The Virtual series Thank you so much for "Primum Movens"

Comment

Good afternoon, Sparkies! Happy Screw the Angst Wednesday!

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
            I have my moments. Sometimes I regret them, and sometimes they open doors to new pathways.
            Now that is a great attitude to have! Keep looking up!

There has been much discussion about whether John is jealous or just peeved. Knowing the intent of the writers, I'm fairly certain he was not intentionally being jealous. But then, in S4 he was supposedly jealous of Kanaan, and that seemed even less obvious than this. So, it's all up to the interpretation of the viewer. I want him to be jealous but rationally I have to think he's just about had it with all of them and that's the emotion he's displaying.

On Mike Branton, I'm sure that it would be very OOC of John to bring that up with Elizabeth. When did we ever see him interfere in anyone's personal life? And as careful as he was to preserve his own privacy, I don't think he would ever have said anything to her. If it had been brought up to him, maybe by Rodney, he would have said it was none of his business and put a stop to the conversation. John held everything close to the vest, so he would just keep his opinion to himself.

There is a fine line for a shipper between what is logical and what we wished had been true. We blur that line a lot, which is fine. That's what shippers do. We imagine what we wanted to be true, and ignore the reality of what the writers and actors intended to show us. And I'm fine with that, BTW.
            Rather like how he tried to dodge when Ronon asked him about Teyla in "Sunday." Funny, that.

We learned this because JF said in an interview that he wasn't told anything about why John was acting that way, and he thought about it and decided he was jealous. So, this is not an official opinion as far as we know. Confused yet? I don't blame you.

Look at it this way. They were told when the show started that John/Teyla was the POSSIBLE ship and never told anything else. Both JF and RL have said in interviews and cons that they never talked about it or had any instructions from the writers. Naturally RL would want her character to be shipped with the star of the show. It's simple show business and a way for more job security. JF probably could have cared less, and we know he didn't watch the finished products because he has said so on many occasions. So he didn't see all the confusing editing that made it look like he didn't even notice her for most of the time. Ship was not something that ever came up. So we are free to decide how we feel from what we saw on screen.

I didn't see any jealousy, but that's what he thought he was showing.
            Yet isn't it interesting how Joe never really specified what John was jealous of? The obvious answer is that he was jealous because he wanted Teyla, but the vague way that Joe spoke about it, and even the way it played out, it could just as easily be interpreted to mean that John was jealous of Teyla because she got to have a relationship with someone that she loved, and he couldn't... Because that someone he wanted to have a relationship with was being held prisoner by the frakkin' Cylons Replicators.

Ohhh yeah, we can spin this one all day.
            (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
            Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

My fish have gotten company from a snail which turned out to be hidden in my plant... my sister named it Rex (after another Primeval character). So, that brings the pet-count up to three.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                Good afternoon, Sparkies! Happy Screw the Angst Wednesday!

Now that is a great attitude to have! Keep looking up!

Rather like how he tried to dodge when Ronon asked him about Teyla in "Sunday." Funny, that.

Yet isn't it interesting how Joe never really specified what John was jealous of? The obvious answer is that he was jealous because he wanted Teyla, but the vague way that Joe spoke about it, and even the way it played out, it could just as easily be interpreted to mean that John was jealous of Teyla because she got to have a relationship with someone that she loved, and he couldn't... Because that someone he wanted to have a relationship with was being held prisoner by the frakkin' Cylons Replicators.

*staggers in from a long lunch*

Now that is a unique way of looking at it. I think I like it.

Had a long lunch at a great little Italian place in DC today with friends, and right on the wall near our table was an autographed pic of Robert Davi eating there. I love it when RL and fandom collide.
                sigpic

Comment

You are right. We can be jealous of many things, in this case, if John was really jealous of something, I am sure he was probably jealous of the happy life Teyla was now having with the love of her life and her baby. John knew he would never have that again, since Elizabeth was no longer there.
                  sigpic

Comment

sigpic
                    My Favorite Scifi/Fantasy T.V. Shows, Movies, Franchises, My Sports Teams & My Fav Sitcom
                    poundpuppy29 AKA Erika = Astrology Nut, Scifi-Fantasy Junkie & Massachusetts Girl

Comment

i read all the reviews for the last legacy book and neither of them says anything about john and Teyla ending up together. not a word. it's weird and i think the authors may have changed their minds about it.

Comment

That is the trick. Spotting those new doors and forcing them open if you have to. That is a skill I have yet to learn. Hopefully, it's one you are good, FH.
                        I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

Originally posted by america126 View Post
                          i read all the reviews for the last legacy book and neither of them says anything about john and Teyla ending up together. not a word. it's weird and i think the authors may have changed their minds about it.
                          Sorry but there's no chance of that happening. I don't know how the books end, but those authors are huge Sheyla fans. At least one of them wrote tons of fanfic which she removed from her LJ journal and has been very vocal that they are meant to be together. I think the fans of the books tend to be more Wraith fans and most of them don't care about the ship.
                          sigpic

Comment

Awesome gifs.
                            That scene as many have said can defiantly be viewed in different ways. I do wonder if the jealousy part comes from the other moment on that episode when John reacts angrily when McKay tells him that Elizabeth is off making Lucius a sandwich, now this scene can also be viewed in different ways but I do feel personally that when you put those two scenes together then it’s not very surprising that people might wonder, but it’s not really out there like that so people can really view it either way.
                            That scene is also very similar to this scene from ‘Progeny’ but like with the other one there it can also be viewed in different ways.

Spoiler:

Never noticed that before... but I love John's facial expression there. Makes me wish that we got to see more of Jealous!John.

I wish you the very best, FH! Wherever you go next, know that us Sparkies will be here to support you.

Exactly what I was thinking. I totally agree with you on this. I've never imagined John to be the type of person who would be jealous of another guy because that other guy got the girl he wanted; rather, I would think that he would be happy for the couple, and I'm sure that he is happy for Teyla and Kanann. However, I think that it's definitely possible that he would be jealous of them, because he knows that he will never have a life like theirs. Every time he looks at Teyla and Kanann, I wonder if he thinks of Elizabeth... how he lost her, how he might be able to be with her if he had only gone back to rescue her.

And I think it's not only jealousy I'm discussing here at this point, but also self-blame. Every time he looks at Teyla and Kanann, he cuts himself down, because he blames himself for not going back for Elizabeth. He believes it's his own fault that he's not happy, and he wallows in darkness and self-deprecation as a result.

*staggers in from a long lunch*

Now that is a unique way of looking at it. I think I like it.

Had a long lunch at a great little Italian place in DC today with friends, and right on the wall near our table was an autographed pic of Robert Davi eating there. I love it when RL and fandom collide.
                            Something like that needs to happen here in my town.
                            sigpic
                            Please visit sga-rising.com for a Season 6 of Stargate: Atlantis
                            View my projects on FF.net || AO3 || YouTube

(Formerly known as Sparks of Atlantis)

Comment

Exactly what I was thinking. I totally agree with you on this. I've never imagined John to be the type of person who would be jealous of another guy because that other guy got the girl he wanted; rather, I would think that he would be happy for the couple, and I'm sure that he is happy for Teyla and Kanann. However, I think that it's definitely possible that he would be jealous of them, because he knows that he will never have a life like theirs. Every time he looks at Teyla and Kanann, I wonder if he thinks of Elizabeth... how he lost her, how he might be able to be with her if he had only gone back to rescue her.

And I think it's not only jealousy I'm discussing here at this point, but also self-blame. Every time he looks at Teyla and Kanann, he cuts himself down, because he blames himself for not going back for Elizabeth. He believes it's his own fault that he's not happy, and he wallows in darkness and self-deprecation as a result.
                              Yes, it's a very bittersweet realization for him. On the one hand, there's Teyla, his teammate and friend, and he's happy for her, that she's found happiness after having such a hard life. But on the other hand, he's had a hard life too. When does he get to be happy? A part of him must be crying out at the unfairness of it all and maybe even wondering if perhaps he deserves to be unhappy, if he's destined to always be alone.
                              (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                              Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

I wish you the very best, FH! Wherever you go next, know that us Sparkies will be here to support you.
                                Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                                X