X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by drewandian View Post
    *got distracted by talk of nakedness*

*ahem* sorry....popping in to say hi!

I wish I had something sparky and thought provoking to say but I saw Les Mis tonight
    Spoiler:
    and am still flaily inside over Anne Hathaway and can't form many coherent thoughts....
    Hey, you!! Naked Sparky thoughts can turn any brain to mush.

I haven't seen it yet. Too long for me to sit in the theater (stupid back). Hopefully it'll be on video before too long.

Comment

I got an email from Amazon today offering Les Mis as a pre-order...but no release date specified
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Nolamom View Post
        I got an email from Amazon today offering Les Mis as a pre-order...but no release date specified
        Cool. I don't know if it'll stay in the theaters longer with the Oscars coming up.

Comment

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
          Hey, you!! Naked Sparky thoughts can turn any brain to mush.

I haven't seen it yet. Too long for me to sit in the theater (stupid back). Hopefully it'll be on video before too long.
          If you know the show, go to youtube and watch the vid of Anne singing "I Dreamed a Dream" ... just be warned that it may give you lots of feels (it did for me, but I loved her before this anyway and may have just a little bit of a crush on her

I don't usually spend money on DVDs (if I wanna watch a movie again, I can get it for free from the library), but I'd buy this one....I saw the show years ago on a local stage and the movie definitely did not disappoint.
          My fanfics:http://evil_bad_evil.livejournal.com/3389.htmlMember of the Sisterhood of the Pantster Fan Fic Writers
          sigpic

Comment

I saw it years ago in London. Fabulous show. I haven't seen the movie yet. I'm definitely considering the DVD pre-order
            sigpic

Comment

*glomps Drew* How're you doing, sweetie?

And Les Mis! I saw the stage production years ago, need to see the film. Still rather bouncy at The Hobbit.

That was always my impression, as well. Still, shouldn't someone else - say Binder - have told him about Echoes? It makes me think the writing/production staff was completely dysfunctional.
              *snickers*

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
              Isn't that what happens to her in the Legacy books? But yeah, I can see Janus being involved, and of course she would appear to John first. Naked.
              If she timed it right, she could even descend right into the shower with him.

Totally. And some fans still think that's why SGU failed. There was one of those "confessions" on Tumblr a little while back. Some people responded with criticism to that one.

And heck, I still haven't watched 95% of SG-1. So I'm obviously not one for brand loyalty.
              *snickers some more* Neither have I. I just read the episode transcripts.
              (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
              Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

I saw it years ago in London. Fabulous show. I haven't seen the movie yet. I'm definitely considering the DVD pre-order
                Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                *glomps Drew* How're you doing, sweetie?

And Les Mis! I saw the stage production years ago, need to see the film. Still rather bouncy at The Hobbit.
                I saw it onstage here in Pittsburgh forever ago and have loved the music since junior high school when I sang "I Dreamed a Dream" in chorus. I highly recommend the movie - it was an amazing adaptation. I had to pee about 45 minutes in and couldn't find a moment when I thought "oh I can go now because I won't miss anything" 'cause I didn't wanna miss anything LOL
                As for The Hobbit - I'm not at all interested in seeing it. I had a book and record set of The Hobbit when I was little and it creeped me out and I haven't really gotten over it....

*glomps SK back* I'm doing all right...things have been stressful and nuts but I'm dealing (and treating myself to movies to take my mind off of things LOL) I've been lurking all week, just haven't had anything new or interesting to add.
                My fanfics:http://evil_bad_evil.livejournal.com/3389.htmlMember of the Sisterhood of the Pantster Fan Fic Writers
                sigpic

Comment

I love stories where Elizabeth has ascended!! I can imagine it happening after GitM. Janus could have helped her.
                  Yeah, me too! In my mind Janus would always be the one that would help Elizabeth ascend and then, when he would see her wish to return to Atlantis, in my mind, he would do everything to help her descend.

Isn't that what happens to her in the Legacy books?
                  In the legacy books yeah, she has ascended, but we don't know who helped her (at least as far as i know). And as far as i know i think she never descended, right?

But yeah, I can see Janus being involved, and of course she would appear to John first. Naked.
                  Yes, she would!!!! And where would she appear?

Totally. And some fans still think that's why SGU failed. There was one of those "confessions" on Tumblr a little while back. Some people responded with criticism to that one.

And heck, I still haven't watched 95% of SG-1. So I'm obviously not one for brand loyalty.
                  I am the same, i still haven't watched all the episodes of SG1. I have never watched any episode of SGU, well only a few bits here and there from season one, but not enough to be able to understand the story.

But heck to the yes. Naked in John's bedroom. Naturally. Janus would be a little jealous but he would want Lizzeh to be happy and all. Cause he's a good guy.
                  Janus would see that Elizabeth wasn't happy while living among them, among the ascended ones, and although Janus would love to have her around, he never the less would wish much more for her to be happy, so yeah, he would help her to return to Atlantis in order for her to be with the one(s) she love(s).

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                  If she timed it right, she could even descend right into the shower with him.
                  LOL!!!! Wouldn't that be awesome!!!!

And speaking of shower, i always have this idea that if we would go with that idea that actually John can "talk/communicate" to/with the city or at least the city would respond to his thoughts, i wonder what would happen in the shower if some day John would think he needed a cold shower, LOL! And another thing (my imagination has its wild days sometimes ) i wonder if there would be any kind of reaction in the city, i don't know lights flickering or something like that, on the day John and Elizabeth would finally really "do it" (if you know what i mean)
                  sigpic
                  sig by Erin Atlantis Rising: The Virtual series Thank you so much for "Primum Movens"

Comment

Technically, I guess you could say I have watched all of SG-1 because Mr. SR used to watch it and I would sit with him and read. Sometimes the humor would catch my attention, but I never did get into the mythology of it all. But when SGA came along, I was hooked like a wide-mouth bass.

That's just so damn pathetic. I've never heard another show's producers say stuff as stupid as these do sometimes. Or mouth off to fans like Mallozzi did in his blog. Lemmings unite!
                    I'm sure people involved in other fandoms know of similar situations. I do know that the Bones and Castle showrunners have quite the little rivalry going on with most of the snark coming from the Bones people.

Yeah, I think so. I'm sure she was being a cold ***** beforehand though.
                    Heck yeah, and even if they did let her descend, she would never come into contact with John unless it was to tell him how happy she is with his new love situation and that she knew all along they would end up together. Some writers are just predictable.

Originally posted by Pearl of Atlantis76 View Post
                    Yeah, me too! In my mind Janus would always be the one that would help Elizabeth ascend and then, when he would see her wish to return to Atlantis, in my mind, he would do everything to help her descend.
                    I always thought Janus knew she belonged in Atlantis and would help her get back there.

In the legacy books yeah, she has ascended, but we don't know who helped her (at least as far as i know). And as far as i know i think she never descended, right?
                    I don't know what happens later, but I don't think she descends. That would have been too messy for them to deal with. The last thing they wanted was for her to be anywhere near John. LOL

Yes, she would!!!! And where would she appear?
                    I see her appearing on the balcony. We know from canon that John spends time out there, so it would make sense for him to find her.

I am the same, i still haven't watched all the episodes of SG1. I have never watched any episode of SGU, well only a few bits here and there from season one, but not enough to be able to understand the story.
                    We watched the first 3 and each one was more and more unbearable. I think we gave it a good try, but it just wasn't for us. The fact that it was supposed to be Stargate didn't enter into the equation. We just didn't find it interesting, and the characters were not likable.

And speaking of shower, i always have this idea that if we would go with that idea that actually John can "talk/communicate" to/with the city or at least the city would respond to his thoughts, i wonder what would happen in the shower if some day John would think he needed a cold shower, LOL! And another thing (my imagination has its wild days sometimes ) i wonder if there would be any kind of reaction in the city, i don't know lights flickering or something like that, on the day John and Elizabeth would finally really "do it" (if you know what i mean)
                    You see that idea a lot in fanfic, though I can't name one. It makes sense that he had a deep connection to the city. They never explained why both he and Carson got that faraway look on their faces while in the chair.
                    sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

I like the idea of having replicator-Weir or Fran!Weir ascend and then only to have Janus help her descend into her own body, I really like that.

ITA, and they thought we didn't watch SGU out of some sort of spite for the cancellation of SGA. That was just insulting.
                      Some people just like blaming others, but you’re right that it just feels insulting.

I’m watching the other two shows right now and they are fine I guess, SG-1 is great but I’m somewhere mid-season 4 and right now I couldn’t be more tired of the Gou’uld story lined episodes, they just all feel as if they are the same once and some feels very pointless, there are a few good once but not many, I do like the episodes that doesn’t involved them or at least not focusing on them. SGU on the other had I will never understand, I mean other than that they had a weird looking stargate and some guest appearances by very OOC versions of the SG-1 and SGA characters the show have nothing in common with the other two shows. I actually think that SGU would have been or at least done better had it not been a part of stargate in the first place, maybe they could have just sold it as ”from the people behind ’Stargate’”, I think it would have done better, and maybe they could have waited a bit before releasing it.
                      sigpic

Comment

Hello Sparkies!
                        I am Queen McBeck of McTennantLand,
                        traveling in the TARDIS with King Rodney & my fine Sir Carson of Atlantis... ALONSY!

sigpic

Comment

traveling in the TARDIS with King Rodney & my fine Sir Carson of Atlantis... ALONSY!

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by McBecklover View Post
                            http://i1050.photobucket.com/albums/s410/Dalek_Skeet/Atlantis/tumblr_m4qskiFwYQ1rp506eo1_500_zpsb199bbcc.jpg
                            Love that picture. The look on Carson's and Rodney's faces is either

"Oh uh, looks like we interrupted something".

Or

“Looks like we interrupted another eye!sex moment. We’ve got to stop doing that or the fans will get mad”
                            Last edited by Brie; 18 January 2013, 06:25 AM.
                            sigpic

Comment

sigpic

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Pretty Friday!

Originally posted by drewandian View Post
                                I saw it onstage here in Pittsburgh forever ago and have loved the music since junior high school when I sang "I Dreamed a Dream" in chorus. I highly recommend the movie - it was an amazing adaptation. I had to pee about 45 minutes in and couldn't find a moment when I thought "oh I can go now because I won't miss anything" 'cause I didn't wanna miss anything LOL
                                As for The Hobbit - I'm not at all interested in seeing it. I had a book and record set of The Hobbit when I was little and it creeped me out and I haven't really gotten over it....

*glomps SK back* I'm doing all right...things have been stressful and nuts but I'm dealing (and treating myself to movies to take my mind off of things LOL) I've been lurking all week, just haven't had anything new or interesting to add.
                                Aww, The Hobbit's not creepy. Bilbo's adorable, and the Dwarves are a HOOT!

Sorry to hear that things are nutty, but glad that you've been getting through it and taking care of yourself. *more hugs*

Originally posted by Pearl of Atlantis76 View Post
                                LOL!!!! Wouldn't that be awesome!!!!

Yeah, I like the "sentient/aware Atlantis" theory. There's a number of fics out there that run with this idea; I'll have to dig a few links up when my headache goes away.
                                (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                                Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Working...
                                X