No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

S-minus 30 minutes to the Echoes post-a-thon!
    (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
    Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

S-minus 15 minutes to Echoes!
      (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
      Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

S-minus 10 minutes to Echoes!

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
          S-minus 1 hour and 25 minutes to the Echoes post-a-thon!

We're all gonna be squeeing over Kate. Atlantis's Angels, FTW!

That's how I interpreted that line as well. And frankly, it makes sense that Rodney would be more qualified with Ancient technology and the Asuran Replicators; he's had the most hands-on-experience, after all. Carter's experience in Ancient tech was limited to whatever they found in the Milky Way and Ori tech (which, while derived from the same source, is still separated from Lantean Ancient tech by millions of years) and her experience with Replicators was specific to the Milky Way Replicators.
          I thought about that at the time. Those replicators weren't much alike, and as far as I know, Carter had never come into contact with the Pegasus version. Lame reasoning, but Rodney would have been a disaster as a leader.

Hence, why Elizabeth was far more qualified as leader, and even Woolsey, with his flaws, is better suited to the job than Carter ever was. At least, I think so.
          Precisely.
          sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

I made it in time; I didn’t want to miss the ’Echoes’ post-a-thon.

I just wanted to say thanks for all the info about the American military, it’s been interesting to read all of it and then comparing it with SG, for someone who isn’t American or know much about the military there it was fun to read what those that do had to say.

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
            Hence, why Elizabeth was far more qualified as leader, and even Woolsey, with his flaws, is better suited to the job than Carter ever was. At least, I think so.
            I really agree with that. There is a bit of joking around in ‘Hot Zone’ when Rodney and Radek make fun of Ford and he asks if this was pay-back from what guys like him did to guys like them in high school and it was a lot of things like handling the difference between the different fields of experience and expertise (that were all needed to make Atlantis and what they were doing in the Pegasus galaxy work) and that’s why you needed a leader who could handle that and who had the diplomatic background to handle that but who also had the ability to make those kind of contacts with those they meet off-world. We saw how often Shep's team and even SG-1 got into trouble becuase they didn't have someone trained to handle the diplomatic parts of first contact.
            sigpic

Comment

S-minus 5 minutes!

Comment

Originally posted by Brie View Post
                I really agree with that. There is a bit of joking around in ‘Hot Zone’ when Rodney and Radek make fun of Ford and he asks if this was pay-back from what guys like him did to guys like them in high school and it was a lot of things like handling the difference between the different fields of experience and expertise (that were all needed to make Atlantis and what they were doing in the Pegasus galaxy work) and that’s why you needed a leader who could handle that and who had the diplomatic background to handle that but who also had the ability to make those kind of contacts with those they meet off-world. We saw how often Shep's team and even SG-1 got into trouble becuase they didn't have someone trained to handle the diplomatic parts of first contact.
                *snerks* Ain't that the truth.

Comment

Hello everyone. I am here and ready.
                  sigpic
                  sig by Erin Atlantis Rising: The Virtual series Thank you so much for "Primum Movens"

Comment

S-minus 2 minutes!

Comment

S-minus 1 minute!

Comment

Everybody hit PLAY!

Comment

Recap from Grace Under Pressure!

Comment

Surprised Ronon went camping with Radek.
                            I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

Camping on Lantea.

Ronon is not pleased.

Comment

John is cheerful and Ronon is not in the mood.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X