Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gateraid View Post
    Spoiler:

Having anything to repair is moot. In Adrift, after Rodney had activated them, they ceased having anything to repair by the time she'd woken up yet were still there.
    Spoiler:

True. So I am guessing they will only become inactive once again if they are ordered to do so.

As to your question about types, as I understood it at the time, there was still only one type of nanite. The difference you are alluding to is whether said nanite creates organic material (ie produces new bone, blood, tissue) or fashion the replicator equivalent.
    I guess that’s it. And maybe just by your explanation now I am beginning to understand it a little bit more clearly. Thank you.

What Rodney was trying to achieve (but didn't have time to) was to make the nanites repair her with organic tissue and then become inert, hence him trying to reprogramme them. This was similar to the goal of Henry Wallace in s4's Outcast, which was essentially to be able to have nanites that could be injected into a person and be programmed to do a specific task and then become inert. Elizabeth ended up with nanite/replicator bone, brain and tissue, but he was successful in making them stop at just the one resurrection (unlike with Jeannie, where they kept looking for things to fix)
    Which means make them repair her with organic tissue and then make them inactive again, right? But she would still depend on them after or would she be able to live without them having to be active all the time? I think that wasn’t made much clear, at least not for me. Like in the case of Rodney’s sister, I mean they were able to shut down her nanites, but the nanites still remained on her, right? How come Elizabeth ended up with nanite/replicator bone, brain and tissue? Didn’t Rodney program them to repair her with organic tissue?

Originally posted by poundpuppy29 View Post
    I won't be able to go online again until Wed so

http://i178.photobucket.com/albums/w..._fireworks.jpg

I hope everyone has a safe and happy New Years. I hope 2013 is very good to all of us

http://i178.photobucket.com/albums/w...arkyKiss-1.jpg
    Happy New Year to you too, poundpuppy29!

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
    I think they never really gave her a chance at all.
    I agree. So what’s the point of creating such a character, a strong one, and then just axe her that way?!
    sigpic
    sig by Erin Atlantis Rising: The Virtual series Thank you so much for "Primum Movens"

Comment

Glad to know you're feeling better and beating that cold, Falcon!
      I'm getting there... although every tissue in the house is now warned. I will blow them away.
      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Sparky!Family Saturday! We're in the thick of College Football Bowl season, so good luck to everyone with a team still in the hunt, and congrats to SR's beloved Virginia Tech for beating Rutgers 13-10 in the Russell Athletic Bowl yesterday!

Glad to know you're feeling better and beating that cold, Falcon!

I think they never really gave her a chance at all.
        Thanks. It was dirty, but we'll take it.
        sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
          Thank you all!

I was supposed to go watch The Hobbit today but that's not happening now. Instead I'm keeping myself occupied (and gosh is it one of the most calming things ever to do) with building my Lego plane. I'm very relaxed right now. Still coughing and probably scaring half the building when I do.
          I hope that you’re feeling better and that you get to see the movie because I saw it two days ago and it was amazing, I was just sitting there with an enormous smile on my face.

Originally posted by Probie View Post
          Hello!!!!!!

I hope you had a great christmas.

I just want to say that a French channel decided to make a new documentary about Stargate (movies, tv shows, etc). There are some new interviews. I will try to do some caps of it if you're interested.

Here is the link of the trailer. It's in french sorry.
          That was really cool, and I’m glad to see them do it even if I didn’t understand a word from the translation I still wish I could see it.

No, it wasn't that they weren't able to use it. It was that they didn't want to use it.
          That’s very true, there was so many ting happening to all characters that could have been some great storylines that could have allowed all characters to develop more, sadly most of it went to waste.

Originally posted by gateraid View Post
          Spoiler:
          Well yeah, but they weren't active in Adrift and Lifeline either until Rodney turned them on. If they'd wanted at that point, they (the writers) could have had the nanites repair her with organic tissue if that was their desire, because the canon on it hadn't been established at that point
          This I agree with.
          Spoiler:
          They could have made those nanites any way they wanted to since she is the only one affected that were still human, they could have had the nanites programed to heal her and then somehow removed themselves (or found some machine that could have)

Originally posted by Sparks of Atlantis View Post
          Hey, everyone, I have a quick question. I would really appreciate it if everyone who sees this post answers it, because I really need to know what everyone else thinks in order to complete my fic.

Spoilers for "The Return, Part 1":

Spoiler:
          During the restaurant scene, John tells Elizabeth, "We should thank you. You're taking us to dinner, right?", and Elizabeth replies, "Cheeky!". My question is: was John making a joke? I'm asking because I have watched this scene a countless number of times, and it has always bugged me how Elizabeth seemed to be the one taking everyone else out to dinner. It wasn't made very clear in the episode, as we didn't actually see them pay, but it seemed more reasonable that the four friends (Rodney included ) would share the bill.

Here is a link to the scene on YouTube, if anyone wants to watch it again. Note how after Elizabeth says, "Cheeky!", she reaches behind her, as if she is reaching for her purse for her wallet. That is what made it seem so convincing to me; then again, I could be mistaken. Maybe she was reaching for her wallet to prepare to pay the bill with everyone else.

What do you guys think?

*Sighs* I'm really sorry to say this, but it looks like my fic isn't going to be up in time for this weekend's post-a-thon. Apparently, the beta process takes more time than I had originally anticipated it would take. It will be up as soon as it is completed.
          Spoiler:
          I believe that it was a joke as well, just as John’s “Since when do you sleep” comment was. Who knows, maybe he just wanted to take the chance to tease flirt her since she isn’t his boss anymore

And happy new years poundpuppy29
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Brie View Post
            I hope that you’re feeling better and that you get to see the movie because I saw it two days ago and it was amazing, I was just sitting there with an enormous smile on my face.
            Well, if I don't develop yet another cold or bronchitis or whatever, I am going to try again on the 3rd of January. Another thursday... and then hopefully during the weekend I'm going to try and catch the Life of Pi film.
            Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Sparks of Atlantis View Post
              Hey, everyone, I have a quick question. I would really appreciate it if everyone who sees this post answers it, because I really need to know what everyone else thinks in order to complete my fic.

Spoilers for "The Return, Part 1":

Spoiler:
              During the restaurant scene, John tells Elizabeth, "We should thank you. You're taking us to dinner, right?", and Elizabeth replies, "Cheeky!". My question is: was John making a joke? I'm asking because I have watched this scene a countless number of times, and it has always bugged me how Elizabeth seemed to be the one taking everyone else out to dinner. It wasn't made very clear in the episode, as we didn't actually see them pay, but it seemed more reasonable that the four friends (Rodney included ) would share the bill.

Here is a link to the scene on YouTube, if anyone wants to watch it again. Note how after Elizabeth says, "Cheeky!", she reaches behind her, as if she is reaching for her purse for her wallet. That is what made it seem so convincing to me; then again, I could be mistaken. Maybe she was reaching for her wallet to prepare to pay the bill with everyone else.

What do you guys think?

*Sighs* I'm really sorry to say this, but it looks like my fic isn't going to be up in time for this weekend's post-a-thon. Apparently, the beta process takes more time than I had originally anticipated it would take. It will be up as soon as it is completed.
              Well I'm just going to agree with everyone else and say John was just teasing/being a flirt. I love that scene for their flirtiness.

Comment

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
                Well I'm just going to agree with everyone else and say John was just teasing/being a flirt. I love that scene for their flirtiness.
                That scene is cute. Thanks, everyone, for replying!
                sigpic
                Please visit sga-rising.com for a Season 6 of Stargate: Atlantis
                View my projects on FF.net || AO3 || YouTube

(Formerly known as Sparks of Atlantis)

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Lazy Sunday and... S-minus 4 hours and 40 minutes until our The Return Part ! post-a-thon!

On today's College Football Round-up, it is a sad day in Atlantis, as Air Force fell to Rice in the Armed Forces Bowl 33-14, and Navy fell to Arizona State in the Fight Hunger Bowl 62-28.

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                  Thanks. It was dirty, but we'll take it.
                  Any win is a good win.
                  (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                  Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Well, looks like I'll be missing yet another post-a-thon. We're having a family dinner. Well, the family we're currently speaking to. *sigh* We were never Leave it to Beaver, but we're approaching Sheppard family dynamics at this point.
                    (If only we had Sheppard family wealth, it might be worth it. )

Anyway, here's another Sparky item from Tumblr:

Comment

Hello everyone! Just came back from dinner with my grandparents but now I’m here and I’m ready for tonight’s post-a-thon.

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                      Well, if I don't develop yet another cold or bronchitis or whatever, I am going to try again on the 3rd of January. Another thursday... and then hopefully during the weekend I'm going to try and catch the Life of Pi film.
                      Hope that you’ll be able to go and see it then, and I’ve haved nothing but good about ‘Life of Pi’ so maybe I’ll see if I can go and check that out as well. I’m also curies about ‘Les Misérables’

Well, looks like I'll be missing yet another post-a-thon. We're having a family dinner. Well, the family we're currently speaking to. *sigh* We were never Leave it to Beaver, but we're approaching Sheppard family dynamics at this point.
                      Sad that you won’t be here JT-2 but I do hope that you’ll have a good time with your family and that things won’t escalate for you in the family department.

I think we all want to know the answer to that one, but then again, knowing TPTB it probably wasn’t anything great so maybe our imagination on that topic is better.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Brie View Post
                        I think we all want to know the answer to that one, but then again, knowing TPTB it probably wasn’t anything great so maybe our imagination on that topic is better.
                        You're absolutely right about that one!!

Comment

S-minus 1 hour until The Return Part 1!

Darn, I'm sorry to hear things aren't going so well with your family, and we'll miss you at the 'thon. *hugs*

http://25.media.tumblr.com/ad6eab952...lcjwo1_500.jpg
                          Darn TPTW. Always teasing us and never giving us satisfaction.
                          (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                          Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

S-minus 30 minutes to The Return Part 1!

Comment

S-minus 10 minutes to The Return Part 1!

Comment

S-minus 5 minutes to The Return Part 1!

Comment

Working...
                                X