Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by drewandian View Post
    I tend to forget about time zones, period
    Having never left the Eastern Standard Time Zone, I'm surprised that hasn't happened to me as well.
    I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by mandogater View Post
        Hope you feel better soon, FH. *Sends warm blanket and big bowl of chicken noodle soup*
        It looks like it'll be worse before it gets better. Today I sound like Gollum when I say something, and I sneeze and cough like there's no tomorrow.
        Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
          It looks like it'll be worse before it gets better. Today I sound like Gollum when I say something, and I sneeze and cough like there's no tomorrow.
          I am sorry to know you are not feeling better. Try to drink hot water with honey and lemon juice, at least it will help you with the cough, throat. And feel better soon!
          sigpic
          sig by Erin Atlantis Rising: The Virtual series Thank you so much for "Primum Movens"

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Fluffy Thursday!

Ick, nasty head colds are not fun! I hope you're feeling better soon, Falcon! *sends hot ginger tea with lemon and honey*
            (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
            Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Thank you all!

I was supposed to go watch The Hobbit today but that's not happening now. Instead I'm keeping myself occupied (and gosh is it one of the most calming things ever to do) with building my Lego plane. I'm very relaxed right now. Still coughing and probably scaring half the building when I do.

Comment

sigpic
                My Favorite Scifi/Fantasy T.V. Shows, Movies, Franchises, My Sports Teams & My Fav Sitcom
                poundpuppy29 AKA Erika = Astrology Nut, Scifi-Fantasy Junkie & Massachusetts Girl

Comment

Sounds like a visit to the doctor might be in order. I'd send your precious, AKA Dr. Heightmeyer, to nurse you back to health but I just don't have that kind of pull. Sorry.
                  I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

I can dream about her... might help too.

Comment

I can dream about her... might help too.
                      (((hugs))) At least you'll sound convincing when you say "my precious"
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Pearl of Atlantis76 View Post
                        Spoiler:
                        Just like they did in “Lifeline”.
                        Spoiler:

Precisely. But from what I gather, they hadn't even come up with 'that' as the way to heal her until the start of s4, so it obviously wasn't something they'd considered until they needed to. I'm not sure what they would have done had Weir stayed on - I guess we didn't really see her injuries at the end of FS, they could have given her something that was easy to recover from.

There is, however, a line at the end of TR II from O'Neill about how he doesn't have any little robots in his bloodstream. Perhaps at that point (from the writing perspective) they were all done and dusted with the Weir/nanite storyline *shrugs*

Originally posted by Brie View Post
                        The point you made about ‘The Return’ were great gateraid, and I really agree with those points you made, now it’s been a while since I saw ‘The Return’ episodes so I’m going to have to wait until next year, well, after Sunday and the Sunday after that to give my own opinion but what you wrote seem to be the same thought as I have had watching them in the past.
                        Thanks, although it's easy to have "what if" scenarios after the fact. But I do think they dropped the ball here, given the material they had by even the 20min mark of the first episode.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by gateraid View Post
                          Spoiler:

Precisely. But from what I gather, they hadn't even come up with 'that' as the way to heal her until the start of s4, so it obviously wasn't something they'd considered until they needed to. I'm not sure what they would have done had Weir stayed on - I guess we didn't really see her injuries at the end of FS, they could have given her something that was easy to recover from.

There is, however, a line at the end of TR II from O'Neill about how he doesn't have any little robots in his bloodstream. Perhaps at that point (from the writing perspective) they were all done and dusted with the Weir/nanite storyline *shrugs*
                          Spoiler:
                          Yes, because before that they were able to put the nanites dorment, inactive, i mean in Return part 1 the nanites in her were not active, but since in Lifeline they needed to reactive them to save her life, it made sense they would use it also for what came next and it explains why they didn’t use her in The Return.

Well i always think if Elizabeth had stayed on they would end up doing something like they did to Rodney’s sister. And also Rodney was working on the nanites, something to make them not communicative with the other replicators just before they active them in Lifeline (if i am not mistaken), but he ended up not having time because then the health situation of Elizabeth was getting worse and when Dr. Keller told Rodney they had to do it now or Elizabeth would die, he didn’t have any choice but to activate her nanites in a way that Elizabeth would be able to communicate with the other replicators. I am guessing also if she hadn’t stayed behind on the Replicators planet in Lifeline that probably Rodney would have been able to make her nanites kind of dorment again, although this time she needed them to be kept alive, but i am sure he would have managed to find a way to make Elizabeth not dangerous to them.

Yes, Elizabeth after “The Real World” always had the nanites on her bloodstream but i am guessing they were dorment, inactive, and were only activated in Adfrit/Lifeline and only then they were really able to communicate with the other replicators, because if not i am guessing the other Replicators would have been able to located her sooner / detect her sooner, but they never did, as far as we know. Not even the replicators that were in Atlantis in the Return parts one and two were able to detect her, so the nanites on her bloodstream were inactive then.

It was really a pity because the writers weren’t able to use what they had in their hands.
                          sigpic
                          sig by Erin Atlantis Rising: The Virtual series Thank you so much for "Primum Movens"

Comment

Hello!!!!!!

I hope you had a great christmas.

I just want to say that a French channel decided to make a new documentary about Stargate (movies, tv shows, etc). There are some new interviews. I will try to do some caps of it if you're interested.

Here is the link of the trailer. It's in french sorry.
                            sigpic
                            Sig made by nephty and avi by Kris....THANK YOU!

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Pretty Friday!

Spoiler:
                              It was really a pity because the writers weren’t able to use what they had in their hands.
                              No, it wasn't that they weren't able to use it. It was that they didn't want to use it.
                              (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                              Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Spoiler:
                                Yes, because before that they were able to put the nanites dorment, inactive, i mean in Return part 1 the nanites in her were not active, but since in Lifeline they needed to reactive them to save her life, it made sense they would use it also for what came next and it explains why they didn’t use her in The Return.

Well i always think if Elizabeth had stayed on they would end up doing something like they did to Rodney’s sister. And also Rodney was working on the nanites, something to make them not communicative with the other replicators just before they active them in Lifeline (if i am not mistaken), but he ended up not having time because then the health situation of Elizabeth was getting worse and when Dr. Keller told Rodney they had to do it now or Elizabeth would die, he didn’t have any choice but to activate her nanites in a way that Elizabeth would be able to communicate with the other replicators. I am guessing also if she hadn’t stayed behind on the Replicators planet in Lifeline that probably Rodney would have been able to make her nanites kind of dorment again, although this time she needed them to be kept alive, but i am sure he would have managed to find a way to make Elizabeth not dangerous to them.

Yes, Elizabeth after “The Real World” always had the nanites on her bloodstream but i am guessing they were dorment, inactive, and were only activated in Adfrit/Lifeline and only then they were really able to communicate with the other replicators, because if not i am guessing the other Replicators would have been able to located her sooner / detect her sooner, but they never did, as far as we know. Not even the replicators that were in Atlantis in the Return parts one and two were able to detect her, so the nanites on her bloodstream were inactive then.

Spoiler:

You're using information that was established after that episode to make that argument. When The Return was written, they could have used the nanites in that way if they had wanted to because there was no established canon at that point. All it would have taken is for Rodney to say "I've spent some time working on this" or "I've reprogrammed them".

It only worked that way in Lifeline and Adrift because that's the way they needed the two episodes to go.

That's not to say The Return would have worked out better using Elizabeth, it probably wouldn't have. It may have been an option they considered in the writers room, but discarded it because it would have committed them to a much bigger Weir/nanite/replicator arc than they were comfortable with at the time. Not to mention the obvious command issues that would arise as a result.

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                                Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Pretty Friday!

No, it wasn't that they weren't able to use it. It was that they didn't want to use it.
                                I think they'd given up on her months before they axed her
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X