Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mandogater View Post
    Yah, I kind of figured as much. He is adorable throughout the episode. I can't help but grin like an idiot when he gets to tease Elizabeth.
    I love Carson’s teasing towards Elizabeth, he really knows her so well. And he sure knew she would feel uncomfortable with his comments.

Originally posted by Brie View Post
    Sorry I disappeared there for a while, had some things to do. I’m going to have to leave now, I still have some things to do before Christmas tomorrow but since I most likely won’t be able to log in again I just wanted to wish everyone a very happy Christmas.
    Happy Christmas, Brie!

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
    Darn it, I love Phantoms. Digging into the characters, whump (both physical and psychological), and great lines.
    I specially love the lines there, LOL! “Sorry for shooting everyone!" Hilarious!

I always assumed it was because of her genetic make-up. Although it would have been nice to have seen her worst fears play out. I guess, we had to wait until Doppelganger for that to see...
    I agree. It was definitely because of her genetic make-up that we were not able to see Teyla’s fears here. But now we know what her fears were/are.

Originally posted by Sparky She-Demon View Post
    Hmmm. Who's Liz going on a date with??? I think I know!
    I think you don’t! It is not with whom you are imagining.

Originally posted by Sparks of Atlantis View Post
    I believe that her worst fear is losing Atlantis, but even that is very broad. She fears losing Atlantis personally, such as in "The Real World" and "The Return, Part 1."
    I agree. Her worst fear is definitely loosing Atlantis. She is nothing without Atlantis. Atlantis is everything for her. So loosing Atlantis is/will be her worst fear/nightmare, loosing Atlantis and maybe not being able to protect her people/the expedition.

Originally posted by Aang View Post
    Eep! I'm a hot mess when it comes to Sunday...I'll be the one here with my hand made Carson plushie, giggling at how adorable Carson is through most of the episode and then likely trying to type through tears at the end. So many emotions with that episode.
    The end of Sunday is always full of tears for me too; I really can’t help it, such an emotional one.

Originally posted by ShWeir View Post
    Good afternoon, sorry I've been away so long, but you know how life is
    Welcome back and Merry Christmas!

Merry Christmas to everyone on the Sparky thread!
    Merry Christmas to you too!
    sigpic
    sig by Erin Atlantis Rising: The Virtual series Thank you so much for "Primum Movens"

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Canon Monday and Merry Christmas Eve to all!

Originally posted by pkprd869 View Post
      I know I've been away my sparky friends but I wanted to say Merry Christmas and God bless
      pk! We've missed you, buddy! Hope life has been treating you well.

Originally posted by Nolamom View Post
      Eeeeeeee! That's so cute!

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
      Wonderful as always. That reminds me of my fic for last year's Advent calendar. Pardon the blatant self promotion, but I thought it was an appropriate day to repost.
      Darn good self promotion! That fic is oh-so fun and oh-so perfect for the day!
      (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
      Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

To the wonderful people of the Sparky-thread, whom I am proud to call my friends:

Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Sorry, everyone. Still trying to catch up.

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
          I think Jessica might have brought that "more controlling edge" to Weir; I certainly got some hints of one in Lost City. It would really have been interesting to see what could have happened had the original plan to end SG-1 with S7 and then go into a Milky Way-based Atlantis gone ahead.
          You think Torri wasn’t able to bring a controlling edge to Weir?

Originally posted by gateraid View Post
          Re the ongoing Steen/Higginson discussion, i agree with the 'just different' vibe. Chemistry is one of those things that is hard to guess. I know they would have had it, but whether it ended up being the same as with Joe/Torri is anyone's guess.
          It would definitely have been different.

Originally posted by gateraid View Post
          But having heard that Ben Browder was their first choice for Sheppard, a Steen/Browder combo makes sense to me. I'm not saying it would have been what TPTW wanted (semi-antagonistic) but its possible it would have come across as a more business-like relationship.
          I agree. I think we would have been able to see some kind of Chemestry between these two, even if it would have been on a more professional approach.

Too bad they didn't tweak their ship preferences a bit more. Though, come to think of it, I think they did. They were all set to go in one direction in S1, but then fan reaction and their own realization that some things just didn't work on screen changed their minds and they backed off. Why they couldn't see the perfect solution that was right in front of their eyes still baffles me after all these years.
          Same here.

Oh, they saw it, they just didn't want to admit they were wrong.
          Agree on that one too.

Originally posted by drewandian View Post
          so I *almost* have my sparky advent fic done when I hear a song this morning that *ahem* sparks *ahem* another, angsty, fic idea. *sigh* now what!?
          I red your advent fic yesterday, nice!
          Spoiler:
          I was already guessing what was going on with Elizabeth.

*blushes* I haven't finished mine yet either. But once its done, I'm sure people will like it!
          Did you get my PM?

Originally posted by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard View Post
          found this sparky 2.0 when going through youtube. here it is. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gTijjH_xu4E
          Nice!

What do the people on the Sparky thread think about bringing Valenship over here?
          If I am guessing right, Valenship is something related with writing fics for Valentine’s Day, right? I think that’s a good idea. But pay attention to the deadlines. It would not be nice to read a fic related to Valentine’s Day after the day. (Well I would read it anyway, but I guess you know what I mean) But I think it is a good idea!

Isn't that a Valentine celebration for Sam/Jack? I don't think it would exactly fit the Sparky thread at Christmas?
          I am guessing it will not be posted during Christmas but in February.

I was just saying, that for Valentines Day, we could do it only make it Sparky!
          Go for it! Will you be in charge of this project?

Wait till you see the fun I have in store for my second entry.
          Were you referring to your advent fic? I red it and I liked it.
          sigpic
          sig by Erin Atlantis Rising: The Virtual series Thank you so much for "Primum Movens"

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Canon Monday and Merry Christmas Eve to all!
            Same to you!

To the wonderful people of the Sparky-thread, whom I am proud to call my friends:

Same to you!
            sigpic

Comment

Yes Pearl, I got your PM. It was most appreciated! As for Valenship, it's not like Secret Santa, people just write stories for Valentine's Day. I've already got an idea for mine.
              sigpichttps://www.fanfiction.net/s/7450657...-World-Goes-On Sparky story SGA https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10177037/1/Bad-Moon-Rising Teen Wolf fanfic story https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10573271/1/Skyfall Thor fanfic story
              https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1168823...here-Was-Light Crimson Peak story sig by yamiinsane

Comment

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
                Another fun Stargate confession on Tumblr today:

http://25.media.tumblr.com/6418c0c9b...lcjwo1_500.jpg
                I love these confessions!! Thank you for sharing.

Originally posted by ShipperWriter View Post
                It's done!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6JOv_bRU0EY[

Not my best work, but still proud of it!
                I liked it. And now every time I listen to this song, I remember your video.

Thanks, everybody! It actually turned out the way I was hoping, so I'm a little proud.

I just finished making a background, but darned PB doesn't work at school.
                Oh wait, I forgot you can upload directly from computer. D'oh!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]36435[/ATTACH]

Gonna do a little more editing when I get home.
                Wow! I love the background you made. It sure seemed you were quite inspired on this day!

You might want to do that cause poor Carson has no legs now... he's floating like a ghost...
                LOL. I had not noticed that.

Well, there are a few dialogues where there don't seem to be breaks in between the lines which makes it all look squashed together. Or, it's supposed to be like that, but I don't remember reading about it in your author's notes (bold and italic were there to explain the inner feelings and dialogues). I do think it's an ff.net problem mainly due to the fact I had it happen to my own fics but I could be wrong of course.
                I also red/saw it that way.

It's not my fault he had an unfortunate wheelchair accident racing with McKay his legs were behind the Stargate when I cut them out. I'll just hafta clone Rodney's legs. *snorts*
                LOL, this is so funny!!! You are always so hilarious, Shipper Writer!

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
                Here is Madness reign's 3rd Advent entry. Isn't she awesome?

http://i1123.photobucket.com/albums/...dvent2012b.png
                She sure is, wow!! Love it!

Originally posted by Madness reigns View Post
                Spoiler:

My Grand-dad passed away very suddenly on the 7th so I have been keeping an eye on my Grandma as well as working 48 hours a week, add to that my Daughter coming down with a Flu like viral thing this week and I'll be glad when December is over!
                I am sorry for your loss, MR.

Originally posted by drewandian View Post
                Mine was almost done when I heard the song "All Around Me" by FlyLeaf and it gave me an angsty song!fic idea. Not great for Advent fic material lol so I'm gonna write it as soon as I do my Sam/Jack fluffy advent fic.
                I will love to read it!

Originally posted by Sparks of Atlantis View Post
                We may have similar preferences, here, FH. I also like character-driven stories, whether I read or write them. I enjoy reading short fics that are light-hearted and funny, and I'll might also take a chance at following longer ones if they have a very good plot. I'll read angst once in a while, but no smut, crack, slash, or anything with explicit content for me - I prefer my fics to stay PG-13 and stick closely to canon (the latter may be the reason why I love Atlantis Rising so much! )
                I also like long fics with a good plot. Atlantis Rising is one of my favourites right now.
                sigpic

Comment

Yes Pearl, I got your PM. It was most appreciated! As for Valenship, it's not like Secret Santa, people just write stories for Valentine's Day. I've already got an idea for mine.
                  Good, i will love to read it.
                  sigpic

Comment

Yeah, it's still being planned out.
                    sigpichttps://www.fanfiction.net/s/7450657...-World-Goes-On Sparky story SGA https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10177037/1/Bad-Moon-Rising Teen Wolf fanfic story https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10573271/1/Skyfall Thor fanfic story
                    https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1168823...here-Was-Light Crimson Peak story sig by yamiinsane

Comment

Let me know if you will need a hand with it.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Pearl of Atlantis76 View Post
                        Welcome back and Merry Christmas!
                        Merry Christmas!

Comment

Phantoms

The I think only scene with Elizabeth in this episode, though it was funny to see John and Rodney run after her like that.
                          You mean, the only scene where Elizabeth and John are together on this episode? Because Elizabeth will appear a few more times, one of them being at the end when she is talking over the radio with John, just before the hilarious “sorry for shooting everyone!”

This is the one that was supposed to canonize a certain ship. I'll look for signs. Oh wait...
                          Well, if it's Rodney/Carson I kind of see it, anyone else I must have missed.
                          LOL

Haha, you know, I have seen this show so many times and I still haven't seen it yet so I doubt I'll see it this time...
                          Same here. LOL

And there goes Rodney with the sterility jokes again.
                          LOL

John may say one thing but we know that he just wants to go home to Elizabeth
                          You are right. This reminds me of the episode “The Hive” when John was captured and was in that cell with the Wraith worshipper I kind of see him there missing Elizabeth! The way he describes his world.

Oh, it was a bomb in the DHD.
                          That was kind of predictable, otherwise they wouldn’t have sent someone not from the cast to dial the DHD, since usually it would have been Rodney who would have dialled.

And remember, stick to The Code.
                          Yeah, right.

Aww, John knows that Elizabeth won't give up on them, I like that he's always the one to point that out, and even if Rodney is right they know she wouldn't give up.
                          I agree. He knows he can always count on her. He knows Elizabeth will never give up on them

With all those Wraith thingys hanging everywhere I have a suddden craving for Italian.
                          LOL but a little bit eeeewww as well.

John doesn't even look at Teyla, it's nothing like the Sparky eye!sex scenes we would have gotten had it been her there...and yes, I went there.
                          He never looks at her.

You have to be quick. Don't blink.
                          LOL

Sheyla eye sex. Did anybody else catch that?
                          Sheyla what?! Must have missed it.

Back to Atlantis. Lizzeh's spidey sense is tingling!
                          As always when something bad is happening with John!!

Now this is more like it. Sheyla on the run. Can't you feel the UST?
                          Like you said, we have to be quick not to miss it, and probably they were running a little bit too fast.

Uh oh, Teyla is down. And John jumps to grab her and carry her to safety. Oh but wait, he's not even checking to see how bad she's hurt. That's not good.
                          And he is carrying her just like if she was one of the “guys”. I mean, the way he is carrying her, he is not even concerned if he is hurting her, if she is comfortable in that position, because of her injury, or not.

OMG, John is looking at Teyla and seeing....a man. What madness is this?
                          There's that scary crazy look again. And, oh by the way, he thinks Teyla is a man.
                          It is definitely John’s mind telling him “something”.

Now see, here is an anvil so big I don't see how anybody can miss it. The Sheyla is just jumping off the screen. He's even using the special teasing voice that's only for her.
                          Oh but wait... now John is using that same voice with Leonard. I'm so confused. Is that his special lovey Sheyla voice or not?
                          LOL That’s probably the voice for the “guys” that might be injured or disturbed (mentally injured) The voice for showing concern over one of the guys that might be injured.

He still wearing John's season 3 and onwards boots, yet in season 1 and 2 of SGA he had different shoes on, it could mean nothing and him wearing them back then would be the reason he wears them now but still.
                          Yeah, I have noticed that too.

I know! They got some for the guy playing Holland. Hey, didn't Joe have some tan combat boots as part of his Ancient uniform when he was stuck in the virtual reality on the Aurora? What happened to those boots?
                          They gave them to the guy playing Holland?
                          That makes a certain sense.

So, who thinks John and Teyla fell and rolled down a hill together? Who's glad we didn't have to watch that?
                          I am!!!

I can't help but wonder why Teyla isn't seeing anything, if it's the wraith gene making it's apperence again or if it's anything else.
                          It was definitely because of her genetic make-up that we were not able to see Teyla’s fears here.

Yep, that's exactly what it is. John himself suggested that earlier.
                          He did? I don’t remember that. Will have to watch the episode soon.

John you shot Rodney. I know that was fun but couldn't you have picked a better time?
                          LOL

And there's that biggest Sheyla anvil of all. The 2.5 seconds of him carrying her and throwing her down on the ground. Heh. I'm so mean.
                          No, you are not!

Oh but now you see, no one but Teyla could have gotten through to John at this point. Even in his madness he could relate to her....omg...oh but wait...he still THINKS SHE'S A MAN.
                          LOL Hilarious!!!!

Radio!sex with Lizzeh!
                          LOL

"I'm sorry for shooting everyone!"

Best. Line. Ever.
                          You better believe it!
                          sigpic

Comment

I am guessing it will not be posted during Christmas but in February.
                            Hey christmas can be romantic too.

Were you referring to your advent fic? I red it and I liked it.
                            I was, since I don't actually have anything... not something that will be posted anytime soon anyway... in the works.

And thank you.

LOL. I had not noticed that.
                            Since that's a promoshot from season 3 I thought it was quite appropriate since they do kill him. But in the sense of the image it kinda stands out.
                            Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Hey christmas can be romantic too.
                              I believe it can yes, specially after reading so many Sparky advent fics, i believe in that more than ever.

I was, since I don't actually have anything... not something that will be posted anytime soon anyway... in the works.

And thank you.
                              I hope that will change soon. Good luck with it.

Since that's a promoshot from season 3 I thought it was quite appropriate since they do kill him. But in the sense of the image it kinda stands out.
                              I guess i need to pay more attention to details.
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Aang View Post
                                Going on a hot date?
                                Who told you that?!
                                No one. But I was right! Who is it?! *grin* ...Okay none of my business...but ye smell nice too!
                                That is just about the only great scene in that entire episode.
                                I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

Working...
                                X