No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello everyone! I can see I have some pages to catch up, but before that I have a question:

In terms of canon, does anyone think that a romantic relationship between Elizabeth and John would diminish Elizabeth?

I think a relationship between Elizabeth and John wouldn’t really have to be her demise.

By the way, I hope everyone will have a Merry Sparkling Christmas!

And as a Christmas present, here:

(The video wasn’t made by me)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H1Z5LtWbe6I
    sigpic
    sig by Erin Atlantis Rising: The Virtual series Thank you so much for "Primum Movens"

Comment

Originally posted by Sparky She-Demon View Post
      Okay Pearl here's what's going on.

I'm working on the prequel. I hope to have it up by tomorrow, but it may be a little late.
      *Sorry ladies*

As for TWGO... that update should be sometime in the next week. Emphasis on should!
      Hello, Sparky she-demon, how are you doing? I red your advent fic and sent you a PM with my comments. J

I am guessing TWGO is a little bit overdue as well, huh?

Originally posted by ShipperWriter View Post
      *sigh* This was what I managed to get done on my AU HS fic today.

Spoiler:
      Taylor made it through the audition. But on the penultimate day before the opening, he came down with a stomach bug. He wanted to soldier on, but Rosalie was refusing to kiss him.

Elizabeth couldn't blame her.

So the backup was on stage, and they were doing the kissing scene with the grace of two sumo wrestlers.

Next to her, John groaned in discomfort and shuddered. She hid a smirk; his appearances at the rehearsals were unusual but welcome. Even though he claimed he was just here to make sure Taylor and some of the other players did well, she detected ulterior motives.

They had flirted as long as they had known each other. Sometimes it was subtle; other times, it was too direct. No matter who had initiated it, John would start moving around in what he probably assumed were unnoticeable ways. Like the shuffling of feet on the ground, running of his hands through his hair, quickly changing the subject.

All were little things that, for some reason, made Elizabeth even more attracted to him.

When Brandon and Rosalie glared at each other, John huffed and stood up. "Okay, that's it," he declared in consternation.

Elizabeth crossed her arms; this was going to be interesting.

What she didn't expect was for John to grab her by the hand and yank her out of her chair, pulling her on stage with him.

"John, what are you doing?" she asked in a frenzied whisper as she went up the steps, attempting to do so without falling over.

"How's your memory?" was his murmured response as they stood on stage, next to the confused drama students -- as well as a confused government teacher.

"Okay, you got the lines down. Good job. Now really do it! You're not just standing here, reciting your lines in a monotone fashion. If we wanted that, we would've just listened to Coach Dex reading the play."

The boys snickered. Some of the girls looked hopeful for a moment.

John turned to look at Elizabeth for a fleeting moment, and he winked at her. Suddenly, his comment to her made sense.

Oh no.

"Brandon, you have to make us believe that you fell in love with Rosalie the instant you saw her, and you would risk being caught, even death, just to see her," John instructed, gesturing between the two teenagers, yet his eyes were on Elizabeth.

She quickly caught up to him. "And Rosalie, you have to stand there, pleading your feelings to the heavens, and not care who's listening. Right now, the only two people in the world are you and Romeo."

Rosalie was a good actress, but she was obviously nervous about acting this scene out with Brandon, a boy that she had barely seen over the course of practicing for the play.

Elizabeth bowed her head and quietly sighed. Here goes nothing.

Virtual brownies to whoever knows what's gonna happen next.
      Don’t you think it is about time for us to know what happens next?! (Like if we didn’t know it already.)

"To be, or not to be." Wait, what?
      No spoilers, please!

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
      Better that than being left out in the cold.
      I would have liked to have seen Elizabeth on this scene, too, I really would. But I prefer to think that since we didn’t, I prefer to think that it was for the best, since the scene was such a fake one, only as a comfort. Of course I would have preferred to have her in the scene as well. Am I making any sense?

Originally posted by Brie View Post
      The only thing they could have done to make up for it would have been to add a scene between Elizabeth and Rod, like how they meet and how she managed to convince him to go into the containment room (is that what it’s called) or at least something like that.
      Well there’s an idea they could have used and I am sure would have worked out perfectly!

Just to clarify, I didn't write this story... I'm only "reccing" it. Someone recommended it a while back on the thread, and I just re-posted it.
      You didn’t, LOL!? How stupid of me, LOL!I should have paid more attention. I am sorry for the mistake. But anyway thank you for “reccing” it although you didn’t write it I still loved it.
      sigpic
      sig by Erin Atlantis Rising: The Virtual series Thank you so much for "Primum Movens"

Comment

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
        Yeah, they should have at least mentioned it in the episode so people like us wouldn't be questioning it.
        Like we said, writers can take canon things and toss them out the window if they don't like the direction it's going or if it's not working for them anymore. So theoretically, I guess it's feasible. It's also entirely possible that John and Elizabeth are happily married with two kids in another reality, but who knows.
        Well they shouldn’t do that, especially because most fans will usually pay attention to details.
        And yeah, I am sure that in another reality (and canonly speaking) John and Elizabeth are happily married with two kids!!!

Where do I fall, Alternate Universe or Alternate Reality when it comes to TWGO?
        I think TWGO will fall in the alternate reality.
        Spoiler:
        Your story is kind of a continuation of what might have happened if the show wouldn’t have ended, so it is a possible future, that might actually have happened on the show in the universe they were/are living.

I know in fics we call them AUs, but alternate universes and alternate realities pretty much mean the same thing. One or more variables differ from our "normal" reality, which causes the outcome in the "alternates" to change; sometimes, it's just a few so it's still rather similar to ours (ie "McKay and Mrs. Miller"), and sometimes, they're completely opposite ("Vegas").

The other option, an alternate timeline, only applies if someone went to the past and changed one event, thereby altering the normal timeline. Like "Before I Sleep", "Moebius" (SG-1), or "Star Trek (2009)".
        According to my interpretation, and of course I might be wrong, both realities in "McKay and Mrs. Miller" (where Rod comes from) and “Vegas” (where the other John is living) are alternate universes. Alternate reality to me would be what happened to Elizabeth in “Before I sleep” or then what happened to John in “The last man”. But I might be wrong in my interpretation, since this matter of Alternate realities/Universes can actually be quite confusing.

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
        That's all David's doing. Originally Rodney had a brother, until David mentioned he had a younger sister who was also into acting. And that's how Kate got to be Jeannie. And they are awesome together, both in real life and as their characters.
        I didn’t know the original idea was for Rodney to have a brother. And I agree that Rodney/David and Jeannie/Kate are awesome together.

Originally posted by drewandian View Post
        So I was sitting at work while the kids were napping today and was thinking about how, imo, Sparky wouldn't have happened if Jessica Steen had stayed on as Elizabeth instead of signing onto another project, giving us Torri instead.

I think about weird things at work....
        I agree. I think things wouldn’t have been the same if Jessica Steen would have stayed and they wouldn’t have replaced her by Torri. Sparky is and will always be Joe and Torri!

So what you're saying is that he has chemistry with those that the writers aren't trying to ship him with, but the ones that the writers are trying to ship him with, there's nothing?
        And ergo, the reason Sparky is going strong even with the show off the air.
        Wish it wasn't off the air. That kind of on screen chemistry can pull through anything!
        I couldn’t agree more!!!!!

Originally posted by Eri13 View Post
        I really liked Torri's very womanly portrayal of Weir; she was tough but she had a feminine edge to her. She's a prototype to what I hope more female tough gals will steer towards as they start to fill true leader roles.
        Elizabeth was sort of an atypical female leader, she was incredibly smart, and she’s also gorgeous in her own way. (Go Elizabeth!) And she has chemistry with her man!!!!

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
        Speculation is fun, but we had what we had. Who know? Maybe if Teyla had been played by another actress who actually had chemistry with Joe, we might all be Sheylas. LOL
        Maybe if Torri had played as Teyla.
        sigpic

Comment

S-minus 30 minutes until the Phantoms post-a-thon!
          (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
          Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

S-minus 15 minutes to Phantoms!
            (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
            Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

S-minus 5 minutes to Phantoms!

Comment

I'm here and I'm glad I made it, I wasn't so sure that I would.
                sigpic

Comment

Almost late but I'm here now.
                  I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

I'm here too.
                    sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

S-minus 3 minutes to Phantoms!

Hiya SR, Brie and mandogater! Glad you could make it!

Comment

S-minus 2 minutes to Phantoms!

Comment

S-minus 1 minute!

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                            S-minus 3 minutes to Phantoms!

Hiya SR, Brie and mandogater! Glad you could make it!
                            Made it back from watching The Hobbit just in time.
                            I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

Starting with a shot of Atlantis.
                              sigpic

Comment

Everybody hit PLAY!

Comment

Working...
                                X