No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi, Brie! Hope you get what you're looking for at the con!

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
    And you would think that since Rodney was the writers' favorite character, they would have been more consistent.
    For some reason, the only reply I can think of is "Dance, monkey, dance!" *shakes head and continues reading*

That is so true and part of the reason why I adored GitM for its undeniable shippiness. I remember general fans coming out and saying they saw the Sparky connection after seeing that episode, so it must have been pretty obvious. Also, in TMC, John tells her she can stay and makes the woobie face when she says it wouldn't work. Who could deny in either of those cases that he didn't want her around and didn't much care how it came about?
    GitM might as well have been confirmation.

Spoiler:

She's about to die, and they're still eye!sexing. I rest my case.

Sam/Jack were uncertain, that's for sure and they both had other temporary love interests, but there was no other person in the main cast that it looked like the writers were teasing them with. I know lots of people ship different combinations of characters, but I'm talking about fan perception of what was canon.
    Wait, I thought Sam and Teal'c were the ship.

SGA, to me, is like going back to the first couple of seasons of Castle and having the writers say they were shipping Kate with Esposito and why couldn't everybody see it, whereas the whole fanbase, minus a few, thought they were shipping Rick/Kate.
    This.

Originally posted by Raelis View Post
    Many shows have similar premise, yet they have romance in them as well. They established mutual attraction between Dean and Jo, so could have easily let them become an awesome demon-hunting couple. But they chose not to. I'm fine with there being no ships on SPN, by the way. I don't think having ho established ships is a bad thing, and I'm actually quite happy with the way things were in SGA ship-wise. Give me more friendships and family dynamics, and I'll let my imagination fill in the blanks because I don't like how things are done on TV when it comes to romance, for the most part.
    That's what fanfic is for.

The damned love triangles are everywhere. *sigh* The only on-screen couple I really enjoyed was John/Aeryn from Farscape. Well, and Veronica/Logan from Veronica Mars, to a lesser extent. Most of the time romance on TV makes me cringe. So I never had a problem with Sam/Jack never getting the confirmed couple status, and I'm fine with the 'uncertainty' of Sheyla- I'm glad it never turned into actual romance on screen, and thank God there was no Teyla/John/Elizabeth triangle. Sure, this approach led to a lot of diverse opinions regarding the possible couples,but I think diversity is a good thing for fandom. It keeps it strong.
    I liked John/Aeryn. From that first punch, you knew they were gonna end up together.

OMG, a love triangle. Sounds like some crazy crack!fic if the bunnies got ahold of that idea ...

Comment

I say that the FRAN-Elizabeth doesn't do the whole eyesex thing as well as Torri did. But that's just me!
      sigpichttps://www.fanfiction.net/s/7450657...-World-Goes-On Sparky story SGA https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10177037/1/Bad-Moon-Rising Teen Wolf fanfic story https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10573271/1/Skyfall Thor fanfic story
      https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1168823...here-Was-Light Crimson Peak story sig by yamiinsane

Comment

Originally posted by ShipperWriter View Post
        For some reason, the only reply I can think of is "Dance, monkey, dance!" *shakes head and continues reading*

GitM might as well have been confirmation.

Spoiler:
        THIS.

Wait, I thought Sam and Teal'c were the ship.
        BWAHAHAHAHAHA!

OMG, a love triangle. Sounds like some crazy crack!fic if the bunnies got ahold of that idea ...
        *starts backing away from the bunnies very very slowly*
        (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
        Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Draining day. Don't expect me to be coherent.

Loved the GitM discussion. I have such a love/hate relationship with that one.

Hate first: 1. Knowing the behind the scenes crapfest that occurred for the episode to exist in the first place.
          2. The inconclusive quality to the whole thing. Was that the real Elizabeth? Could someone pick up the nanite bodies and reactivate them? Basically the fate of Elizabeth is left in the same place as it was in the beginning of the episode. Nobody knows what happened for sure. Nobody knows what will happen in the future for sure.

Love:
          1. "What if one of them wanted to stay?" I agree with Eri, that's probably the shippiest line to come out of John because it's completely personal.
          2. The last scene. Joe acted his little heart out. And Michelle Morgan did a very good job.

Comment

I'm probably one of the few but I really liked Sparky 2.0... The actress whose name I can't remember at the moment , Michelle Morgan, did a really good job, IMHO, at mimicking Torri's Elizabeth. She did do her homework, that much she once mentioned in an interview.

And I really do like the interaction between Franibeth and John. I enjoyed it.
            Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Brie View Post
              Hello everyone!

I’m excited for the sci-fi/film convention I’m going to be attending this weekend. I don’t really know this year what it is yet I’m going to buy, I do know that I would love to have something from SGA because I don’t own anything from there (other than DVDs and books), I know that I’m at least going to buy one of those Atlantis Expedition jacket patches (I don’t know what their called) and the patch/pin that Elizabeth wears on her jacket, if I can get the hold of them

These:

Spoiler:

No matter what though I always tend to come out of those cons with far less money than I had going in.

Now BTT:

First of all, yay for crossing the 130,000 posts line, that’s awesome.

These are all really interesting conversations and it’s great to read everyone’s opinions on the matters because on these topics everyone does seem to have some views on them.

‘Supernatural’ is a bit difficult to put in that category though, first of all because the two main characters are brothers so that would just be a big no, it’s also been established from the beginning that because of what they do they are not only on the road a lot but also getting involves with someone will put that person in a lot of danger and at this point they have lost so many people I’m surprised they can even get up in the morning.
              Have fun at the con, Brie!!!!

I'm sure you'll find the patches your looking for. Heck, I saw them at the small con I went to a couple of years back in Columbus.
              I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

This video by SouthernRed is perfectly perfect in every way:

Comment

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post

Hate first: 1. Knowing the behind the scenes crapfest that occurred for the episode to exist in the first place.
                  2. The inconclusive quality to the whole thing. Was that the real Elizabeth? Could someone pick up the nanite bodies and reactivate them? Basically the fate of Elizabeth is left in the same place as it was in the beginning of the episode. Nobody knows what happened for sure. Nobody knows what will happen in the future for sure.

Love:
                  1. "What if one of them wanted to stay?" I agree with Eri, that's probably the shippiest line to come out of John because it's completely personal.
                  2. The last scene. Joe acted his little heart out. And Michelle Morgan did a very good job.
                  (((hugs for your day)))

(((hugs for Joe))) (((hugs for Michelle Morgan))) And just for the heck of it (((hugs for Torri)))

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                  I'm probably one of the few but I really liked Sparky 2.0... The actress whose name I can't remember at the moment , Michelle Morgan, did a really good job, IMHO, at mimicking Torri's Elizabeth. She did do her homework, that much she once mentioned in an interview.

*raises hand* I liked it too. I would have been fine with her continuing to play Elizabeth, even though I loved Torri a lot. *runs away in fear*

There was so much inspiration in those days for vids. That song just sort of made itself into that one. Thanks.
                  sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

I didn’t mind Michelle that much either, though I probably would have needed to see her as Elizabeth a bit more than just a few scenes to be able to really see it fully, because to me Torri will always be the nr. 1 Elizabeth however if they would have brought Elizabeth home (where she belongs) and Torri couldn’t do it I wouldn’t have minded seeing more of Michelle. And Michelle did a great job bringing in the emotions that Elizabeth would have felt when John said “You might think that you are Elizabeth, but you are not” (man, that must have been painful to hear coming from him of all people).

http://youtu.be/uDpZC-X_STE
                    That was a beautiful video SR, it really captured the essence of the episode (and I just love he song). One thing that I forgot but I saw in the video again now is John’s “Hello” when ‘Ghost in the Machine’/Franibeth says “Who’s there, is John Sheppard there”, Joe did a great job pulling of all the emotions the whole experience obviously must have brought up for John, he sounded both frightened and hopeful that it might actually be her.

Hi, Brie! Hope you get what you're looking for at the con!
                    Originally posted by mandogater View Post
                    Have fun at the con, Brie!!!!

I'm sure you'll find the patches your looking for. Heck, I saw them at the small con I went to a couple of years back in Columbus.
                    Thank you guys.
                    sigpic

Comment

Decided to take my cat, who has been cooped up inside our place for 5 months, on a walk around the neighborhood. He circled the two duplexes next door with his hair raised for half an hour, then followed me back inside. I'm officially pooped.

But at least the cat's happy. LOL

For the sake of a fic I'm writing, no, it wasn't her. She's still out there. In Elizabeth 1.0 form.

Love:
                      Yes and yes. *squee and hugs John*

Oh, she was great. It felt like watching Elizabeth in someone else's body ... which is exactly what it was supposed to be.

This video by SouthernRed is perfectly perfect in every way.
                      Wow. Just wow. I'd never seen that before. That was just perfect. Loved the very last thing we see on screen.

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                      (((hugs for your day)))

(((hugs for Joe))) (((hugs for Michelle Morgan))) And just for the heck of it (((hugs for Torri)))
                      Hugs for everybody!!! ((()))

*raises hand* I liked it too. I would have been fine with her continuing to play Elizabeth, even though I loved Torri a lot. *runs away in fear*

There was so much inspiration in those days for vids. That song just sort of made itself into that one. Thanks.
                      I would've been happy if Lizzeh was still on the show in some way, just not a la Christopher Pike, if you catch my drift.

Hey, here's an idea: Elizabeth's consciousness stays trapped in the computer on Atlantis, but she can materialize as a hologram in the holo room, and I need to shut up before the fic bunnies see this.

Originally posted by Brie View Post
                      I didn’t mind Michelle that much either, though I probably would have needed to see her as Elizabeth a bit more than just a few scenes to be able to really see it fully, because to me Torri will always be the nr. 1 Elizabeth however if they would have brought Elizabeth home (where she belongs) and Torri couldn’t do it I wouldn’t have minded seeing more of Michelle. And Michelle did a great job bringing in the emotions that Elizabeth would have felt when John said “You might think that you are Elizabeth, but you are not” (man, that must have been painful to hear coming from him of all people).
                      Yeah. I remember wincing when I heard that for the first time.

That was a beautiful video SR, it really captured the essence of the episode (and I just love he song). One thing that I forgot but I saw in the video again now is John’s “Hello” when ‘Ghost in the Machine’/Franibeth says “Who’s there, is John Sheppard there”, Joe did a great job pulling of all the emotions the whole experience obviously must have brought up for John, he sounded both frightened and hopeful that it might actually be her.
                      Ooh, this. He did an amazing job with conveying those emotions. It had to be especially shocking, considering that by this time, finding Elizabeth or the hope of ever seeing her again was the last thing on TPTW everyone's minds.

And on that note, I gotta hit the sack. Night!

Zzzzzzzzzzzzz...

Comment

Great discussion on "Ghost in the Machine"!

As much as I regret that Torri didn't return, I have to agree when I say that Michelle Morgan did an amazing job. She pretty much nailed Elizabeth's character, right down to her way of speaking and the emotions she conveyed through subtle body language. One scene that I remember so clearly was when the other Replicators arrived in the city, and John went and accused her of conspiring against them. Then Elizabeth replied, "No. I honestly believed I had broken away without them being able to track me." There was a quiet desperation in her voice as she realized that if they thought that she planned to do harm to the city, any attempt to regain their trust would be made in vain. As in any situation, her voice was firm and calm, but the pleading and frantic look in her eyes conveyed the message of how much she wanted them to just give her a chance.

This just broke my heart. Especially when John came out from behind his team and stepped forward in a last chance to make eye contact with Elizabeth and say a silent goodbye. Poor Joe. Couldn't have been easy for him, either.
                        sigpic
                        Please visit sga-rising.com for a Season 6 of Stargate: Atlantis
                        View my projects on FF.net || AO3 || YouTube

(Formerly known as Sparks of Atlantis)

Comment

Woke up late, got to work just before the bell rang, and I haven't had coffee.

*goes to write happy fluffy fic*

Originally posted by Sparks of Atlantis View Post
                          This just broke my heart. Especially when John came out from behind his team and stepped forward in a last chance to make eye contact with Elizabeth and say a silent goodbye. Poor Joe. Couldn't have been easy for him, either.
                          I didn't remember seeing this until I watched the video. And that little part even goes to show how much Sparky was still in tune with each other even though they hadn't seen each other in well over a year. Because John stepped forward, and Franibeth turned around, and they were only looking at each other. Something short circuited in the city at that moment.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Fluffy Thursday!

GitM, though, isn't such a fluffy subject. But it's GOOD! When we get to it on the post-a-thon, I'm gonna be a weepy mess, I just know it.

Michelle Morgan was brilliant at mimicking Torri's Elizabeth, right down to that heartbroken look FRANibeth gave John when he accused her of not being Elizabeth. *wibbles* And the eye!sex right at the end... *flails*

For the sake of a fic I'm writing, no, it wasn't her. She's still out there. In Elizabeth 1.0 form.
                            Heck, even Joe Mallozzi believed that. So he said. Repeatedly.

Hey, here's an idea: Elizabeth's consciousness stays trapped in the computer on Atlantis, but she can materialize as a hologram in the holo room, and I need to shut up before the fic bunnies see this.
                            Sparky virtual sex. Yeah, I think somebody's plot bunnies are in trouble.
                            (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                            Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                              Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Fluffy Thursday!

GitM, though, isn't such a fluffy subject. But it's GOOD! When we get to it on the post-a-thon, I'm gonna be a weepy mess, I just know it.

Michelle Morgan was brilliant at mimicking Torri's Elizabeth, right down to that heartbroken look FRANibeth gave John when he accused her of not being Elizabeth. *wibbles* And the eye!sex right at the end... *flails*

Heck, even Joe Mallozzi believed that. So he said. Repeatedly.

Sparky virtual sex. Yeah, I think somebody's plot bunnies are in trouble.
                              I haven't even seen the episode where
                              Spoiler:
                              Elizabeth's nanites get reactivated
                              because I can't make myself watch it yet.

As for the Sparky virtual sex... how would that even work if she's a hologram?
                              sigpichttps://www.fanfiction.net/s/7450657...-World-Goes-On Sparky story SGA https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10177037/1/Bad-Moon-Rising Teen Wolf fanfic story https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10573271/1/Skyfall Thor fanfic story
                              https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1168823...here-Was-Light Crimson Peak story sig by yamiinsane

Comment

Woke up late, got to work just before the bell rang, and I haven't had coffee.

*goes to write happy fluffy fic*

I didn't remember seeing this until I watched the video. And that little part even goes to show how much Sparky was still in tune with each other even though they hadn't seen each other in well over a year. Because John stepped forward, and Franibeth turned around, and they were only looking at each other. Something short circuited in the city at that moment.
                                I was very surprised by that last scene. I mean, how could anyone interpret it as anything but an emotional moment between them? And the devastation on John's face? Now, I heard someone claim that he was so upset because he was afraid she and her gang would destroy the city and that he still wasn't sure they had done the right thing. To which I say, Huh? I guess we could all rationalize any scene to fit our preconceived notions, but that is surely a huge stretch.
                                sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Working...
                                X