Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ShipperWriter View Post
    If I wasn't exhausted, I would stick around, but I've had a long day.

Instead, I'll leave my two cents about what happened in between "Progeny" and TRW.

"The Morning Of"

Good night, everybody!
    Loved it!

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
    Beautiful!

Originally posted by MentallyUnstableFox View Post
    But, did it bother anyone else that we didn't get a big weepy funeral scene for Lizzeh? Grrr...
    It bothered me quite a lot!!

I mean all we got from OUR Lizzie was a little "oh, by the way, she's dead. Has been for like a month or so. Just thought you'd like to know." it's just weird for me to imagine our original, pretty Lizzeh being held captive by those replicators while they did who-knows-what to her. And then they killed her. And John never came for her (way to honor that personal motto of yours, buddy) I can't think of that without imagining her dead body on a table somewhere. *has read too much angst today*
    Yeah, i sometimes can't accept that myself, that John never came for her, in my mind, although Elizabeth had told him to leave at that time, i am sure that deep down she was always hopeful that he would come and get her, one way or the other, but he never did!!! And don't tell me it was because he wasn't allowed, come on, how many times has he broken the rules before?! I just can't accept the fact he wasn't able to do anything for Elizabeth, anything at all! And i truly hate that motto since then!!

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
    The uniforms started changing in S3 when they added the leather coat for John, and I think maybe Rodney. Then by the end of S3 John is wearing the black uniform shirt over the black tee like he does for the rest of the seasons and even Rodney is wearing a version of that look in FS. The rest of the cast starts wearing the new non-military uniform sometime in S4, I think.
    But the version Rodney wears in FS, he only wears it there, right? I can't remember seeing that exact same version in any other episode, well besides Adrift and Lifeline, i must admit that i liked this version of the uniform.

Very well said, and there was no funeral because she's not dead. *nods*
    That makes sense, and in a way it makes me feel a little bit better. But i still feel quite angry because they didn't do anything when they knew she was "dead", no matter what, they thought she was dead, and did nothing about it.

Originally posted by Sparky She-Demon View Post
    That is true about sci-fi having so many loopholes to bring characters back. Not that I'm complaining. Look at what was done about Daniel. Also, if there's no body, then the person is not dead. I have my own idea as to what happened to Elizabeth.
    You sure do.

I like the eyesex as well, Pearl.

Here's one of my favorite Sparky vids along with one of my favorite songs: Holding Out for a Hero.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g50h7...3EAC8BC63C323F
    Thanks for sharing. I saw this one for the first time

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
    FYI - try breaking that little story up in different paragraphs.

Interesting tale though.
    I have said before that i am not a writter, so i guess i am allowed to write like that. But i admit that you might be right, it would probably be easier to read, but that's how it came to my mind, and i wrote it the same way. Will try to do better next time.

Thank you for reading!

That would be one thing that I'd like to see. Sparky with a happy ending. Will our heroes be teenagers in this story?
    I sure hope not!

This just popped out of nowhere, but I'll work on it more later. On the iPad Mini I'm buying after work. *does happy dance*

Very short, but hopefully you'll see where I'm going with this...

Spoiler:
    Elizabeth Weir shook her head as the two juniors stared awkwardly at each other during the audition. Perhaps they weren't the best choice as the inseparable star crossed lovers, considering they could barely look each other in the eye.

"Okay, Mr. Giles, let's try that again, why don't we?"

He nodded timidly and went back to his mark on the floor.

Elizabeth leaned back in her theater seat and rubbed the bridge of her nose.

"Not as easy as it looked, huh?" a voice spoke from behind her.

She smiled as John Sheppard leaned his crossed arms on the seat back next to her.
    Maybe....

If they're not teenagers, then how is the whole "forbidden to marry" thing going to work?
    They don't need to be teenagers for the "forbidden to marry" thing to work.

That is true. But I think that having the parents not being too thrilled with the idea could still be worked in.
    I think the parents not being too thrilled with the idea at their age no longer makes much sense, IMO.
    sigpic
    sig by Erin Atlantis Rising: The Virtual series Thank you so much for "Primum Movens"

Comment

Originally posted by Pearl of Atlantis76 View Post
      I have said before that i am not a writter, so i guess i am allowed to write like that. But i admit that you might be right, it would probably be easier to read, but that's how it came to my mind, and i wrote it the same way. Will try to do better next time.
      You do realize certain writing-rules apply to the forum that is GW, right? Netiquette and all that jazz.

If you want people to read your posts, then make sure they don't go cross-eyed. Otherwise they might just skip the entire thing. I've seen people do it, and saying as much, so I know it happens.

Besides, it's your story - that shouldn't be too hard. Unless, English isn't your native language in which case it could be slightly more difficult.
      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Yeah, i sometimes can't accept that myself, that John never came for her, in my mind, although Elizabeth had told him to leave at that time, i am sure that deep down she was always hopeful that he would come and get her, one way or the other, but he never did!!! And don't tell me it was because he wasn't allowed, come on, how many times has he broken the rules before?! I just can't accept the fact he wasn't able to do anything for Elizabeth, anything at all! And i truly hate that motto since then!!
        That motto is common in all branches of the military. You hear it in every show and movie ever done about combat. We all know that the writers are to blame for John not doing more to find her, and by this point in the show, they also didn't mind making him look less than the hero they built him up to be earlier. I don't understand hating the motto.

But the version Rodney wears in FS, he only wears it there, right? I can't remember seeing that exact same version in any other episode, well besides Adrift and Lifeline, i must admit that i liked this version of the uniform.
        I'm not sure how many times Rodney wears that uniform. Why don't you do go to the GW main page, click on "episodes", then "Stargate Atlantis" and then you can choose a season? Each episode has screen captures that you can view, so you can find the ones for yourself in which Rodney wears the different uniforms. That's how I found a pic of him from FS wearing a look similar to John's.

You are a writer because you wrote something. So, why not take a moment to break it down into smaller bits so your audience can follow it better? We would all appreciate it very much.
        sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

But, did it bother anyone else that we didn't get a big weepy funeral scene for Lizzeh? Grrr...
          I mean all we got from OUR Lizzie was a little "oh, by the way, she's dead. Has been for like a month or so. Just thought you'd like to know." it's just weird for me to imagine our original, pretty Lizzeh being held captive by those replicators while they did who-knows-what to her. And then they killed her. And John never came for her (way to honor that personal motto of yours, buddy) I can't think of that without imagining her dead body on a table somewhere. *has read too much angst today*
          It bothered me a lot, I mean yeah they were sad but at least after ‘TMC’ or after the final war with the replicators that they couldn’t have taken a moment at the end of the episode to acknowledge that it was thanks to Elizabeth (and Shep’s teams repli-clones) that they managed to win the war, maybe just before we saw Liz again at the end of the scene (or, even if I did like it, but since it didn’t lead anywhere, that they could have had a memorial instead of that scene).

And this whole “we don’t leave our people behind in the hands of the enemy” is an American military motto that have existed for a long time so it’s no surprise that John lives (or lived) by that but it was very OOC for him to not even try and find some way to help her, or at least to find out what happened to her, and while he wasn’t the only one who felt OOC during season 4 he was the most noticeable since we have seen him go far to save people in the past, and since everyone in team Shep knew exactly what the replicators were capable of it’s odd it didn’t feel like them to not do something to make sure that one of their own didn’t have to spend long suffering from that, I personally wouldn’t have been able to live with myself. I also found it odd that if anyone knew exactly what the replicators were capable off its Carter who have been on the receiving end of another human like replicators obsession in the past, and that she let it be was very OOC by her as well (unless she loved the idea of being the leader of Atlantis so badly that she did it on purpose, even if I hope not because it would be OOC as well). It’s also sad that when you think back at Elizabeth’s time as a leader there wasn’t a moment when she didn’t put the members of the expedition’s needs before her own, the way she made sure to always be there when they came back from being off-world, the way she didn’t rest until they were all back safe and sound, the way she always had their backs and did her best to encourage and support them, it was as if that suddenly didn’t mean anything and that didn’t sit well with me at all.

Originally posted by Aang View Post
          Very true, I was glad they brought him back, however little of him we saw when they did. The Doctors Without Borders thing was cool and unique, but I wish they'd had the chance to expand on it. Season 4, it couldn't really be helped...cellular degradation and all, once they found the Clone...
          I really do wish that Carson could have been in the ‘Ghost in the Machine’ episode, it would have been nice to see Carson and Elizabeth (granted neither were their season 1 selves but it was in a way still them) meet again and maybe talk, I also have the feeling that Carson if anyone would have known how Elizabeth felt coming back as someone who was “less” then who they were and I also believe that he wouldn’t have, as a doctor and a friend, agreed to her stepping through the gate to die in space, if nothing else he might have come up with some idea to help Elizabeth back and maybe he even could have even helped the surviving replicators set up that camp that they were talking about at some planet. I dunno, but I do think that he would have had Elizabeth’s back there, not because he in any way would have felt that he had to but because I think he knew deep down what it’s really like to not truly be yourself and, while I don’t like to say it, know what it’s like to almost be a stranger on Atlantis, because while he was still Carson he wasn’t the one they remembered and I do think that’s a big reason why he started doing most of the off-world work.

Excuse my rambling, I have no idea if that made any sense, I’m really tired today, but hopefully someone understood somewhat of what I wanted to say with it.

If I wasn't exhausted, I would stick around, but I've had a long day.

Instead, I'll leave my two cents about what happened in between "Progeny" and TRW.

"The Morning Of"

Good night, everybody!
          That was amazing and hot yet sweet and just what I needed today.
          sigpic

Comment

*slides into chair*

I'm back home, my beautiful baby iPad Mini is charging and updating herself, and Mommy's going to see some friends. *wistful happy sigh*

Ahem. Anyhow. I did write more on my story. Kinda stole an idea from "Mr. Holland's Opus" but what the hey. Artistic license and all that.

Spoiler:
            Elizabeth Weir shook her head as the two juniors stared awkwardly at each other during the audition. Perhaps they weren't the best choice as the inseparable star crossed lovers, considering they could barely look each other in the eye.

She smiled as John Sheppard leaned his crossed arms on the seat back next to her.

"I suppose this wasn't the best decision of my life," she admitted as she slowly twisted in her seat, trying to work the kinks out of her back. "We only have one week to prepare. Most of the sets from previous productions are still standing, so that doesn't pose a problem. But so far, none of the male students trying out for Romeo or Mercutio have tested well."

John peeked over her shoulder at the list in her lap. "Who's the best person you got for lover boy right now?"

Elizabeth tried her best to hide a smirk. "Martin Giles."

"The nerd who's never had a date in his life. Uh-huh."

"I'm not a drama teacher," she replied in defense. "I only took this because of Teyla's family emergency. It will be a miracle if I pull this off."

John glanced up at the assortment of kids on stage, then looked back to the government teacher who was looking a little overwhelmed. "I got an idea. But I don't know if you're gonna like it."

She narrowed her green eyes. "Go ahead."

"There's this senior on the football team. Taylor Christianson. his grades are a little low, and I've been working with his teachers to pull them up so I don't have to kick him off the team."

"What are you getting at, Coach?"

"He is, and I am paraphrasing loosely here, 'the hottest guy on campus' and oh my God, I can't believe I just said that," he said, burying his head in his hands.

Elizabeth laughed. "You want to bring him in to see if he can play Romeo?"

"Yeah." John nodded to the students on stage. "If he gets it, I wanted to see if any of his teachers would accept it as extra credit."

"Can he act?"

John shrugged. "No clue."

Elizabeth sighed.

"But he's a good kid. And he tries hard. At least give him a chance?" John asked, even though his knowing smirk seemed to indicate that he already thought she would say yes.

Elizabeth looked towards the stage, and saw Martin Giles try to lean in to kiss the girl playing Juliet at the moment. Between her leaning backwards to escape him and him leaning forward rapidly, they fell to the stage amid a cloud of giggles.

Elizabeth turned her head back to John and smiled.

"Yes."

I gotta go clean house and go grocery shopping, but don't break 130,000 posts without me!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Brie View Post
              I really do wish that Carson could have been in the ‘Ghost in the Machine’ episode, it would have been nice to see Carson and Elizabeth (granted neither were their season 1 selves but it was in a way still them) meet again and maybe talk, I also have the feeling that Carson if anyone would have known how Elizabeth felt coming back as someone who was “less” then who they were and I also believe that he wouldn’t have, as a doctor and a friend, agreed to her stepping through the gate to die in space, if nothing else he might have come up with some idea to help Elizabeth back and maybe he even could have even helped the surviving replicators set up that camp that they were talking about at some planet. I dunno, but I do think that he would have had Elizabeth’s back there, not because he in any way would have felt that he had to but because I think he knew deep down what it’s really like to not truly be yourself and, while I don’t like to say it, know what it’s like to almost be a stranger on Atlantis, because while he was still Carson he wasn’t the one they remembered and I do think that’s a big reason why he started doing most of the off-world work.

Excuse my rambling, I have no idea if that made any sense, I’m really tired today, but hopefully someone understood somewhat of what I wanted to say with it.
              I think you're right. It was weird though, in the first couple of episodes that Carson returned in, he did seem like the old Carson. At least briefly. In that he was literally dying and wouldn't worry about his own life while Teyla was in danger, and that he was literally moments out of Stasis when he jumped on the task of saving Jennifer. He refused to leave Keller to transform in order to go to Earth and finish his own healing. It was just...I mean, finding out your life is LITERALLY a lie has to be hell, I wanted to hug him so much and make him feel better after they told him he's a clone. He would have definitely understood Elizabeth and probably been better equipped to help her than anyone else in the city. And he would have done it because he cares about her and he'd never want to see her stuck, frozen in space.

But then I also choose to believe if TPTW hadn't killed the original Carson, he'd have been the one to care for Lizzeh when she got injured, and maybe (just maybe) he could have saved her without reactivating her nanites. He had a talent for saving people from rather precarious situations without jumping to rash decisions like reactivating the nanites. He was probably the only one who could have talked Rodney out of activating the nanites....

Also, I can sort of understand why he went off-world to work in a way. I wouldn't want to stay in Atlantis with my "friends" if none of them trusted me. But I couldn't say I didn't miss Atlantis at all if I was possessing all the memories of a 'former life' where I was nearly family to the team. I'd be missing Atlantis like hell, the Atlantis from my memories, but I'd stay clear of the city from then on so as not to ruin my memories with the harsh reality that none of my so-called "friends" trust me, just because I am a clone. I mean...Clone Carson does have ALL the memories of the real Carson up through "Misbegotten" and he did have very much the identical personality. And then he found out his life went to hell in a hand-basket while he was in Michael's grasp...

Comment

*slides into chair*

I'm back home, my beautiful baby iPad Mini is charging and updating herself, and Mommy's going to see some friends. *wistful happy sigh*

Ahem. Anyhow. I did write more on my story. Kinda stole an idea from "Mr. Holland's Opus" but what the hey. Artistic license and all that.

Spoiler:

"I suppose this wasn't the best decision of my life," she admitted as she slowly twisted in her seat, trying to work the kinks out of her back. "We only have one week to prepare. Most of the sets from previous productions are still standing, so that doesn't pose a problem. But so far, none of the male students trying out for Romeo or Mercutio have tested well."

John peeked over her shoulder at the list in her lap. "Who's the best person you got for lover boy right now?"

"I'm not a drama teacher," she replied in defense. "I only took this because of Teyla's family emergency. It will be a miracle if I pull this off."

John glanced up at the assortment of kids on stage, then looked back to the government teacher who was looking a little overwhelmed. "I got an idea. But I don't know if you're gonna like it."

"There's this senior on the football team. Taylor Christianson. his grades are a little low, and I've been working with his teachers to pull them up so I don't have to kick him off the team."

"He is, and I am paraphrasing loosely here, 'the hottest guy on campus' and oh my God, I can't believe I just said that," he said, burying his head in his hands.

"Yeah." John nodded to the students on stage. "If he gets it, I wanted to see if any of his teachers would accept it as extra credit."

"Can he act?"

Elizabeth sighed.

"But he's a good kid. And he tries hard. At least give him a chance?" John asked, even though his knowing smirk seemed to indicate that he already thought she would say yes.

Elizabeth looked towards the stage, and saw Martin Giles try to lean in to kiss the girl playing Juliet at the moment. Between her leaning backwards to escape him and him leaning forward rapidly, they fell to the stage amid a cloud of giggles.

"Yes."

I gotta go clean house and go grocery shopping, but don't break 130,000 posts without me!!!
                Yes, yes,yes. More please.*grabby hands*
                sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

*slides into chair*

Spoiler:

"Can he act?"

Elizabeth sighed.

"Yes."

That is really good!!! The idea for being in the play as extra credit is a good one, something that happened to me a few times, but I didn't really need the extra credit, but it was appreciated. Nice start, I can't wait for more!
                  sigpichttps://www.fanfiction.net/s/7450657...-World-Goes-On Sparky story SGA https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10177037/1/Bad-Moon-Rising Teen Wolf fanfic story https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10573271/1/Skyfall Thor fanfic story
                  https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1168823...here-Was-Light Crimson Peak story sig by yamiinsane

Comment

Whipped this fic up in a flash - it's not much so don't expect too much. It's just stupid fun... hasn't been beta'd so all mistakes are my own. First look and all that.

Spoiler:
                    Title: Busted!
                    Rating: PG
                    Characters: Kate H. - Elizabeth W. - John S.
                    Pairings: Elizabeth/John, Kate/Teyla
                    Summary: Sometimes quiet exists aren't quiet enough.

//++//

The lights in the cafeteria had gone down hours ago, and few people were still remaining. They were either nibbling on late night snacks or reading reports on their computers. But overall there was little to no activity to speak off, exactly the way Kate liked it best.

She'd been occupying her table near the balcony doors since dinner had come and gone. She'd observed the coming and going of almost every member of the expedition, except those who were currently off-world and those who simply forgot about eating altogether.

At first she had kept herself busy updating a few of her reports, after which she had played a game of chess against her computer which she had spectacularly lost yet again. Maybe it wasn't such a bad idea after all to have the colonel teach her the game before taking on the Kasparov-aspiring AI in her palmtop. Or she could ask Elizabeth, if the grapevine was currently anything to go by. Then again, if she could convince the colonel to teach her the fine art that was chess, she could turn it into a session without actually being in her office, one of the few places she knew he hated with a passion.

Kate was just about to leave, last one out in fact, when she caught two familiar figures walking towards the counter. There was no doubt about who these two were, who in fact were clearly unaware they weren't alone. She waited until they had made it to the counter, where she noticed Elizabeth turning towards the colonel, pushing him away as he tried to capture her lips for a kiss. He made her utter a girlish giggle when he grabbed her rear end, and pulled her in for his intended kiss.

This was Kate's cue to get the hell out of dodge before she was discovered. However, her attempt at making a quick and very quiet exit went out the window when she bumped into a carelessly placed chair, making enough noise to wake up half the city. There was a gasp behind her and Kate froze mid-step.

“Kate?”

Kate tried to come up with a suitable excuse but nothing came to mind, so instead she took a deep breath, put a confident smile on her face and turned to face the music.

It seemed Elizabeth and the colonel had taken a step away from each other, in order to put some distance between them. To Kate it merely looked like a futile attempt at denial of what she had just witnessed.

“I was just...”, Kate started, slowly moving backwards, around the chair which she remembered was still there, “...leaving.”

Elizabeth tilted her head, almost glaring at her. The colonel seemed amused, but it was hard to tell with less than stellar light still present in the cafeteria.

“One word about this...”, Elizabeth's finger went up in the air, and Kate gulped involuntarily.

Kate was nearly at the door, so close to freedom.

“...and that video of you and Teyla making out in the gym will go public at once,” John finished Elizabeth's thread before she had the chance to do so.

Kate froze yet again, a second time that night.

“What?!”

She felt the heat rise to her cheeks, remembering that particular encounter which had left both of them breathless and hungry for more. She was probably looking like a deer caught in the headlights of a car because she could tell from their body language they were enjoying the view a little too much.

“You heard him.” Elizabeth smiled.

“Not a word, I promise.”

Kate felt the door poke in her back, waving it open with her free hand. She turned and all but sprinted out of the cafeteria. At least there was one glimmer of hope to all of this. If she kept their secret, that tape would never see the light of day. It wasn't like Elizabeth and the colonel were going to be able to keep their relationship a secret for very long anyway. And if the word was out, not by her doing, then that tape would never see the light of day ever. Kate slowed down, rejoicing in the win-win situation she'd just figured out. Nothing to worry about after all.

Comment

John should have paid more attention to what his instincts were telling him.

Love is a powerful thing, isn't it?!!!

Yeah, maybe she was, hehehehe! How come i didn't think about it before?
                      Maybe that is were the dumbing down of John began?

It sure is.

I was refering to Jewel playing the female Wraith in Season 2's Instinct.
                      I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

*slides into chair*

Spoiler:

"Can he act?"

Elizabeth sighed.

"Yes."

I like where your story is going, SW.

Comment

Originally posted by mandogater View Post
                          I was refering to Jewel playing the female Wraith in Season 2's Instinct.
                          Ellia - she was awesome and the stories about her going for her headcast still make me LOL beyond belief. Especially Morena making so much fun of her. That was one hilarious Q&A.

Spoiler:

Comment

FH, love a good blackmail story! LOL

Yes, yes,yes. More please.*grabby hands*
                            That is really good!!! The idea for being in the play as extra credit is a good one, something that happened to me a few times, but I didn't really need the extra credit, but it was appreciated. Nice start, I can't wait for more!
                            Originally posted by mandogater View Post
                            I like where your story is going, SW.
                            Thanks! I'm doing laundry, eating dinner, cooking herb roasted potatoes for lunch tomorrow, buying iPad Mini accessories, and downloading stuff. Once one of those is done, I'll come back and work on it some more.

Spoiler:
                            Coach Sheppard and Doctor Weir might have to demonstrate "sparks" for the students.

Comment

Well of course they'll have to demonstrate!
                              sigpichttps://www.fanfiction.net/s/7450657...-World-Goes-On Sparky story SGA https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10177037/1/Bad-Moon-Rising Teen Wolf fanfic story https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10573271/1/Skyfall Thor fanfic story
                              https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1168823...here-Was-Light Crimson Peak story sig by yamiinsane

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                                Whipped this fic up in a flash - it's not much so don't expect too much. It's just stupid fun... hasn't been beta'd so all mistakes are my own. First look and all that.

Spoiler:
                                Title: Busted!
                                Rating: PG
                                Characters: Kate H. - Elizabeth W. - John S.
                                Pairings: Elizabeth/John, Kate/Teyla
                                Summary: Sometimes quiet exists aren't quiet enough.

//++//

The lights in the cafeteria had gone down hours ago, and few people were still remaining. They were either nibbling on late night snacks or reading reports on their computers. But overall there was little to no activity to speak off, exactly the way Kate liked it best.

She'd been occupying her table near the balcony doors since dinner had come and gone. She'd observed the coming and going of almost every member of the expedition, except those who were currently off-world and those who simply forgot about eating altogether.

At first she had kept herself busy updating a few of her reports, after which she had played a game of chess against her computer which she had spectacularly lost yet again. Maybe it wasn't such a bad idea after all to have the colonel teach her the game before taking on the Kasparov-aspiring AI in her palmtop. Or she could ask Elizabeth, if the grapevine was currently anything to go by. Then again, if she could convince the colonel to teach her the fine art that was chess, she could turn it into a session without actually being in her office, one of the few places she knew he hated with a passion.

Kate was just about to leave, last one out in fact, when she caught two familiar figures walking towards the counter. There was no doubt about who these two were, who in fact were clearly unaware they weren't alone. She waited until they had made it to the counter, where she noticed Elizabeth turning towards the colonel, pushing him away as he tried to capture her lips for a kiss. He made her utter a girlish giggle when he grabbed her rear end, and pulled her in for his intended kiss.

This was Kate's cue to get the hell out of dodge before she was discovered. However, her attempt at making a quick and very quiet exit went out the window when she bumped into a carelessly placed chair, making enough noise to wake up half the city. There was a gasp behind her and Kate froze mid-step.

“Kate?”

Kate tried to come up with a suitable excuse but nothing came to mind, so instead she took a deep breath, put a confident smile on her face and turned to face the music.

It seemed Elizabeth and the colonel had taken a step away from each other, in order to put some distance between them. To Kate it merely looked like a futile attempt at denial of what she had just witnessed.

“I was just...”, Kate started, slowly moving backwards, around the chair which she remembered was still there, “...leaving.”

Elizabeth tilted her head, almost glaring at her. The colonel seemed amused, but it was hard to tell with less than stellar light still present in the cafeteria.

“One word about this...”, Elizabeth's finger went up in the air, and Kate gulped involuntarily.

Kate was nearly at the door, so close to freedom.

“...and that video of you and Teyla making out in the gym will go public at once,” John finished Elizabeth's thread before she had the chance to do so.

Kate froze yet again, a second time that night.

“What?!”

She felt the heat rise to her cheeks, remembering that particular encounter which had left both of them breathless and hungry for more. She was probably looking like a deer caught in the headlights of a car because she could tell from their body language they were enjoying the view a little too much.

“You heard him.” Elizabeth smiled.

“Not a word, I promise.”

Kate felt the door poke in her back, waving it open with her free hand. She turned and all but sprinted out of the cafeteria. At least there was one glimmer of hope to all of this. If she kept their secret, that tape would never see the light of day. It wasn't like Elizabeth and the colonel were going to be able to keep their relationship a secret for very long anyway. And if the word was out, not by her doing, then that tape would never see the light of day ever. Kate slowed down, rejoicing in the win-win situation she'd just figured out. Nothing to worry about after all.
                                I love it FH!!!!! Just the thing to brighten my day.

Comment

Working...
                                X