Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Brie View Post
    Hello everyone! I hope you had a good post-a-thon yesterday.

I just saw the 18 second teaser from 'Iron man 3' and I can't wait until the full one that comes out (I think it's) tomorrow, either way it will be a loooong wait until may.
    OMG, Tumblr (which I'm not even on) and LJ are going INSANE over the teaser. I'm just trying to keep breathing.

Originally posted by Sparky She-Demon View Post
    I like the idea of a "Sparky Sandwich".
    Don't we all?
    (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
    Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

This is something i already post on Atlantis Rising thread but that i would like to share here as well.

I am really looking forward to know more about Mayel. I wonder if i will end up liking her? ;D

Spoiler:
      That would have been nonsense to bring back Elizabeth on the first episode of SGA Rising and even more of a big nonsense to hook her up with John right there in the first episode, in fact i am hoping that there will still be a long way to go until they will finally be together, even after she is back, i mean i am also not expecting them to hook up immediately after she is back, although i would love that, but the story would not be so interesting if they did, i think, am i making any sense?
      Last edited by Pearl of Atlantis76; 24 October 2012, 10:32 AM. Reason: Inserting spoiler tags
      sigpic
      sig by Erin Atlantis Rising: The Virtual series Thank you so much for "Primum Movens"

Comment

Originally posted by ShWeir View Post
        Hey! Welcome!! I know I'm a bit late with the whole 'welcome to the thread of stalkers fans' but I've been at a Star Trek convention in London!

Anyhoo, before I get carried away, Welcome to our thread and I hope you like it here!
        Thank you for welcoming me, i am happy to be here!
        sigpic
        sig by Erin Atlantis Rising: The Virtual series Thank you so much for "Primum Movens"

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
          That was my face after the game yesterday, and Mr. SR was all

It is definitely a good idea not to talk about ship on the SGA-R thread. I'm not sure a lot of our readers even know we are mostly all Sparky shippers, and that's the way it should be.

The Stargate novels aren't canon, by the way. Anything you read in them is just the author's ideas and no better than fan fiction.
          Yeah, i figured out as much, i mean i can tell the stories are not entirely for Sparky' shippers, so i thought it would be better not to show too much about my preferences there.

But i can definitely tell by all the subtle mentions of Elizabeth that most of the writers are Sparky shippers, i mean, i am guessing other writers who would ship other characters would never remember her ever again, right?

I really thought Stargate novels were kind of canon, aren't they supposed to be approved by MGM or something? But anyway, i really like SGA Rising much more!
          sigpic

Comment

Shame it can only happen in our imaginations...
            sigpichttps://www.fanfiction.net/s/7450657...-World-Goes-On Sparky story SGA https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10177037/1/Bad-Moon-Rising Teen Wolf fanfic story https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10573271/1/Skyfall Thor fanfic story
            https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1168823...here-Was-Light Crimson Peak story sig by yamiinsane

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post

Words to live by. Some of the stuff that some of these authors have come up with is just really out there and not very canon-friendly at all.
              I know exactly what you mean.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                While all the ladies are focusing on him, he won't be focused on Elizabeth... and that would be my cue.

Anyhoodle, I have had the pleasure to get up close and personal with both Joe and Torri, and they're both quite huggable indeed. SPARKY-SANDWICH!!
                Anything for a friend.

Lucky devil or lemming as the case may be.
                I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

Originally posted by Pearl of Atlantis76 View Post
                  This is something i already post on Atlantis Rising thread but that i would like to share here as well.

I am really looking forward to know more about Mayel. I wonder if i will end up liking her? ;D

That would have been nonsense to bring back Elizabeth on the first episode of SGA Rising and even more of a big nonsense to hook her up with John right there in the first episode, in fact i am hoping that there will still be a long way to go until they will finally be together, even after she is back, i mean i am also not expecting them to hook up immediately after she is back, although i would love that, but the story would not be so interesting if they did, i think, am i making any sense?
                  Please put any poptential spoilers for SGA-R under spoiler tags. Some people want to remain spoiler free.

Originally posted by Pearl of Atlantis76 View Post
                  Yeah, i figured out as much, i mean i can tell the stories are not entirely for Sparky' shippers, so i thought it would be better not to show too much about my preferences there.

But i can definitely tell by all the subtle mentions of Elizabeth that most of the writers are Sparky shippers, i mean, i am guessing other writers who would ship other characters would never remember her ever again, right?

I really thought Stargate novels were kind of canon, aren't they supposed to be approved by MGM or something? But anyway, i really like SGA Rising much more!
                  Approved by MGM but not canon because there are a lot of novels by a lot of authors who go in different directions.
                  sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Approved by MGM but not canon because there are a lot of novels by a lot of authors who go in different directions.
                    And also not canon because they were never approved by the showrunners/writers of the show. When asked, they've specifically said that they ignored the novels while they were filming the show, ostensibly because they didn't want to have to work around anything that came up in the books (I'm not sure, but there may have been legal issues involved as well). As for the books written after the series ended, there's several areas in which they're out of line with what we do know TPTW had been considering for storylines for Season 6.

Whereas
                    Spoiler:
                    we've tried to work quite a few of TPTW's ideas (with our own special spin, of course, hahaha) into SGA Rising. Because we're canon-friendly, yo.
                    (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                    Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Here are the questions and answers to the MENSA questions from this link a couple of days ago, just in case anyone is interested. I just realized that it didn't exactly say "MENSA Questions" in that link, but they were MENSA, nonetheless.

Wonder which ones John could have gotten...

I could be mistaken but for me a "woobie" face is when you can tell he's in pain and is obviously sad but he's not crying, but you still would want to reach through the screen and give him a hug.
                      Kinda like this when he saw Elizabeth again for the first time after thinking that she was dead in 'TMC'

[IMG]http://i47.tinypic.com/352p1ds.jpg[/IMG
                      A few woobie faces:

Spoiler:
                      [IMG]http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a182/southernred/sga-hdtv-5x05-4193.jpg[/IMG

[IMG]http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a182/southernred/HDTVsga-4x10-2885.jpg[/IMG

[IMG]http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a182/southernred/HDTVsga-4x10-3520.jpg[/IMG

[IMG]http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a182/southernred/normal_atl_403_337.jpg[/IMG

[IMG]http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a182/southernred/Picture55.png[/IMG
                      Let's not forget the Ultimate Woobie Face from "Adrift":

[img]http://www.gateworld.net/gallery/albums/atl_season4/401-Adrift/screencaps/atl_401_311.JPG[/img

Thank you. Now I know.

So cute, you really do want to give him a hug...or you want Elizabeth to give him a hug since it's her pain and loss that causes them and I have the feeling that she's the only one who could have him feel better.
                      So true.
                      sigpic
                      Please visit sga-rising.com for a Season 6 of Stargate: Atlantis
                      View my projects on FF.net || AO3 || YouTube

(Formerly known as Sparks of Atlantis)

Comment

And also not canon because they were never approved by the showrunners/writers of the show. When asked, they've specifically said that they ignored the novels while they were filming the show, ostensibly because they didn't want to have to work around anything that came up in the books (I'm not sure, but there may have been legal issues involved as well). As for the books written after the series ended, there's several areas in which they're out of line with what we do know TPTW had been considering for storylines for Season 6.

Whereas
                        Spoiler:
                        we've tried to work quite a few of TPTW's ideas (with our own special spin, of course, hahaha) into SGA Rising. Because we're canon-friendly, yo.
                        which ideas did you end up doing?

Comment

Probably because his thoughts are still occupied by someone else!
                          I wonder who that someone might be?
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                            If you put it that way, it means you do mind they are shipped with other people.

Just saying...
                            Well i guess in that case maybe i do really mind.
                            sigpic

Comment

Shame it can only happen in our imaginations...
                              You never know what might happen in the future.
                              sigpic

Comment

Please put any poptential spoilers for SGA-R under spoiler tags. Some people want to remain spoiler free.
                                I am so sorry, my mistake, i am still trying to figure out how things here work, my apologies.

I see.
                                Last edited by Pearl of Atlantis76; 24 October 2012, 10:35 AM.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X