X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
    I wouldn't have guessed...
    Haha. What was the giveaway?
    sigpichttps://www.fanfiction.net/s/7450657...-World-Goes-On Sparky story SGA https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10177037/1/Bad-Moon-Rising Teen Wolf fanfic story https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10573271/1/Skyfall Thor fanfic story
    https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1168823...here-Was-Light Crimson Peak story sig by yamiinsane

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
      We truly have gotten deeper in the last few days, haven't we?

There is a really fine line between keeping a character's background secret and revealing too much. With these writers, I don't trust them to ever do it right. I think if they had started delving too deeply into everyone's past they would have messed that up too.

I think that's it. Even more than the Goul'd, the Wraith seemed to have no redeeming value whatsoever. Though I guess you could argue the Goul'd didn't either. But I think Elizabeth realized they had to be exterminated for the good of all humanity. The Michael project was her last effort to avoid the inevitable, I think.

We found several times in S4-5 when John made the "woobie" face even when Elizabeth wasn't mentioned but something was said that we thought reminded him of her. For example, in S&R when he got so emotional telling Keller he had once lost a chance to rescue a team member. Maybe he meant Ford, but maybe not. There were also several others that I'm hoping someone else can remember.

However, as far as the few times when they actually mentioned her, I don't know if you know this or not, but she never would have been mentioned again had it not been for Joe F. He has said numerous times at cons that he went to TPTB and complained that she would not be forgotten and that John would try hard to find her. The scene in Reunion when he tells Carter that he won't give up trying to find her was a direct result of that. However, as far as TPTB went, that was the end of it and they seldom brought her up again. Joe, however, kept making those faces to remind us. Bless him. And to this day, he's still pissed off about how Torri was treated.
      The writers showed us so little of the characters' backgrounds throughout the show I kept wondering if they had any idea what their backgrounds were supposed to be in the first place. A throw away line revealing something about each of them a season would have been nice.

Life-sucking space vampires bent on feeding on all of humanity will tend to make most reasonable people think using force can be a good thing. The Michael Project had merit but things like that always seem to come back to bite you in the backside.

Everything you said about Joe makes me more and more determined to get to a con sometime.
      I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

Originally posted by Pearl of Atlantis76 View Post
        Hello everyone, I am new here, and for that reason i am not quite sure how this works, but i am giving it a try. ;D
        I begun following / reading your thread from the beginning, a few weeks ago and i would love to be part of it too. You all seem to be so funny and i would love to be part of such a group. Not to mention i am a huge Stargate Atlantis fan and definitely a fellow Sparky, hehe! ;D
        I begun reading Atlantis Rising a few weeks ago too, and have now finished "Box of Dreams", i can hardly wait for Adoremus now! Keep up with the good work!
        Welcome to our merry band, Pearl of Atlantis76!!!

I know how you feel. I'd actually never posted anywhere before I decided to stop lurking and join up. Once you get the hang of it, this place is totally fun.
        I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

John qualified for MENSA; he just never joined. Ever wonder, though, what kind of questions are on MENSA tests? I recently found out from this site, so check it out! I got 12/33, so at least I'm considered intelligent.

We truly have gotten deeper in the last few days, haven't we?

We found several times in S4-5 when John made the "woobie" face even when Elizabeth wasn't mentioned but something was said that we thought reminded him of her. For example, in S&R when he got so emotional telling Keller he had once lost a chance to rescue a team member. Maybe he meant Ford, but maybe not. There were also several others that I'm hoping someone else can remember.

However, as far as the few times when they actually mentioned her, I don't know if you know this or not, but she never would have been mentioned again had it not been for Joe F. He has said numerous times at cons that he went to TPTB and complained that she would not be forgotten and that John would try hard to find her. The scene in Reunion when he tells Carter that he won't give up trying to find her was a direct result of that. However, as far as TPTB went, that was the end of it and they seldom brought her up again. Joe, however, kept making those faces to remind us. Bless him. And to this day, he's still pissed off about how Torri was treated.
          One reason that I love this thread is that we can discuss pretty much anything related to Sparky and other characters in general without having to worry about sounding too pedantic.

I have to ask, because I don't know... what is John's "woobie" face? I think I have a vague idea of what you're talking about, though I'm not 100% certain.

OMG, really? Then again, I'm not too surprised. I can't help but respect Joe Flanigan more and more. He's just so supportive of his fellow cast members, just as his character cared for Elizabeth, Carson, and the rest of his team like family.

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
          And we all appreciate his loyalty to Torri and the rest of his castmates in real life just as John is loyal to his teammates. In JoeF We Trust, baby.
          *nods* Exactly what I just said above.

Originally posted by Brie View Post
          Well, he couldn’t have someone since Elizabeth wasn’t there…haha, sorry couldn’t help but go there.
          Exactly what I was thinking.

Hello everyone, I am new here, and for that reason i am not quite sure how this works, but i am giving it a try. ;D
          I begun following / reading your thread from the beginning, a few weeks ago and i would love to be part of it too. You all seem to be so funny and i would love to be part of such a group. Not to mention i am a huge Stargate Atlantis fan and definitely a fellow Sparky, hehe! ;D
          I begun reading Atlantis Rising a few weeks ago too, and have now finished "Box of Dreams", i can hardly wait for Adoremus now! Keep up with the good work!
          Welcome to the thread, Pearl of Atlantis76! You're not the only new one - I only just joined this group a week ago myself, and I'm still trying to learn how the Gateworld Forum works and decide how active I can be as a member of this thread. Oh, and I am also a follower of Atlantis Rising. I only just discovered this project a couple months ago, and I'm only on "To Build a Fire." I'm taking my time reading it, but I truly can't wait to start on "Box of Dreams," and I'm also really looking forward to the rest of the season, too.

Kudos to the writers. You're all just so amazing.

You read the whole thread?!?

Mad respect! *bows*
          What she said.
          sigpic
          Please visit sga-rising.com for a Season 6 of Stargate: Atlantis
          View my projects on FF.net || AO3 || YouTube

(Formerly known as Sparks of Atlantis)

Comment

Originally posted by Sparks of Atlantis View Post
            I have to ask, because I don't know... what is John's "woobie" face? I think I have a vague idea of what you're talking about, though I'm not 100% certain.
            I could be mistaken but for me a "woobie" face is when you can tell he's in pain and is obviously sad but he's not crying, but you still would want to reach through the screen and give him a hug.
            Kinda like this when he saw Elizabeth again for the first time after thinking that she was dead in 'TMC'

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by mandogater View Post
              The writers showed us so little of the characters' backgrounds throughout the show I kept wondering if they had any idea what their backgrounds were supposed to be in the first place. A throw away line revealing something about each of them a season would have been nice.

Life-sucking space vampires bent on feeding on all of humanity will tend to make most reasonable people think using force can be a good thing. The Michael Project had merit but things like that always seem to come back to bite you in the backside.

Everything you said about Joe makes me more and more determined to get to a con sometime.
              They may have had a glimmer, but it kept changing. And forget about the recurring characters. Connor Trinneer said he was never told anything about Michael and had to make it up as he went along. He decided Mikey had a thing for Teyla and went with that.

A few woobie faces:

Spoiler:

sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

A few woobie faces:

Spoiler:

So cute, you really do want to give him a hug...or you want Elizabeth to give him a hug since it's her pain and loss that causes them and I have the feeling that she's the only one who could have him feel better.
                sigpic

Comment

I won’t be here for tonight’s/todays post-a-thon which sucks because I really like this episode as a whole and not to mention that there’s a lot of parky in it but RL comes first, but I’m leaving you with some ‘Allies’ Sparky pics form some of my favorite scenes and hope that those who are here will have a great time.

First this one, where it’s all in the eyes:

And then these for good measures.
                  Spoiler:

sigpic

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Lazy Sunday and... S-minus 4 hours and 39 minutes until the Allies post-a-thon!

Welcome to Pearl of Atlantis! Thanks for reading Atlantis Rising, I'm glad you've been enjoying the story so far. And I hope you enjoy your stay here in the sanest thread at GW!

Now to this week's College Football Round-up: Virginia Tech lost to Clemson 38-17, Georgia beat Kentucky 29-24, USC roasted Colorado 50-6, Tennessee lost to Alabama 44-13, Navy squeaked by Indiana 31-30, and Air Force beat New Mexico 28-23. *sends hugs to SR and PK*

Originally posted by Sparks of Atlantis View Post
                    Let's not forget the Ultimate Woobie Face from "Adrift":

Last edited by Scary Kitty; 21 October 2012, 08:04 AM. Reason: too early in the morning, forgot to finish countdown... grrr...
                    (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                    Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Thank you, everyone for the warm welcome!

Not that I know of, I know there are some that are fans of or at least don’t mind other pairing (with John and Elizabeth with someone else) which is totally fine
                      I don't mind John or Elizabeth pairing with other people as long as i don't know or read anything about it, hehe! ;D

But right now at least I do think that we’re all Sparky shippers in one way or the other.
                      It is very difficult not to be a Sparky shipper

Welcome to the thread. I saw you over on the SGA-Rising thread also but didn't know you are a Sparky fan.
                      I think i didn't want to give the idea at the SGA rising thread that i am a Sparky fan, because i think Atlantis Rising is not only about Sparky, right? And i thought that it might not look good to show my support there, well at least not on my first post, or maybe i am just being silly, haha! ;D Sometimes i can be a little bit like Sparky itself, don't like to show my feelings... don't mind me much, my brain doesn't work that well sometimes, hehe! ;D But now that i am among fellow Sparky i can openly say, i really don't like Mayel with John, come on, John you are soooo close to finding Elizabeth, couldn't you hold on just a little bit more! ;D (He is close to finding her, isn't he?! ;D - ok, no spoilers please ;D)

You read the whole thread?!?
                      I haven't red the whole thread yet, but i want to. I started on the first page and am now at page 52, it is being so interesting and so funny to read what was happening/being said when the episodes where being showed for the first time, and when we still didn't have a clue how things were going to end up. For example i red today someone posting about the end of first season and how they are wondering what the reaction of John and Elizabeth will be when they will first see each other once again, and i couldn't stop smiling at that, because we all know what their reaction was then! ;D

Originally posted by mandogater View Post
                      The writers showed us so little of the characters' backgrounds throughout the show I kept wondering if they had any idea what their backgrounds were supposed to be in the first place.
                      I have red some of the Stargate novels and in those we can find some more about some of the characters background, for example i was quite surprised to know that Dr. Zelenka ended up on Stargate command / Stargate project because of Daniel Jackson, did you know that? And i also red in one of the novels how John ended up in the Air Force.

Welcome to Pearl of Atlantis! Thanks for reading Atlantis Rising, I'm glad you've been enjoying the story so far. And I hope you enjoy your stay here in the sanest thread at GW!
                      Thank you, Scary Kitty, and if you don't mind me asking, you are the author of "Restoration" aren't you? I just love that fic, it is definitely one of my favourites, very well done, i can definitely see it as the first movie of Stargate Atlantis! ;D
                      sigpic
                      sig by Erin Atlantis Rising: The Virtual series Thank you so much for "Primum Movens"

Comment

Hey! Welcome!! I know I'm a bit late with the whole 'welcome to the thread of stalkers fans' but I've been at a Star Trek convention in London!

Anyhoo, before I get carried away, Welcome to our thread and I hope you like it here!

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Lazy Sunday and... S-minus 4 hours and 39 minutes until the Allies post-a-thon!

Now to this week's College Football Round-up: Virginia Tech lost to Clemson 38-17, Georgia beat Kentucky 29-24, USC roasted Colorado 50-6, Tennessee lost to Alabama 44-13, Navy squeaked by Indiana 31-30, and Air Force beat New Mexico 28-23. *sends hugs to SR and PK*

Let's not forget the Ultimate Woobie Face from "Adrift":

http://www.gateworld.net/gallery/alb...tl_401_311.JPG

That was my face after the game yesterday, and Mr. SR was all

Thank you, everyone for the warm welcome!

I don't mind John or Elizabeth pairing with other people as long as i don't know or read anything about it, hehe! ;D

It is very difficult not to be a Sparky shipper

I think i didn't want to give the idea at the SGA rising thread that i am a Sparky fan, because i think Atlantis Rising is not only about Sparky, right? And i thought that it might not look good to show my support there, well at least not on my first post, or maybe i am just being silly, haha! ;D Sometimes i can be a little bit like Sparky itself, don't like to show my feelings... don't mind me much, my brain doesn't work that well sometimes, hehe! ;D But now that i am among fellow Sparky i can openly say, i really don't like Mayel with John, come on, John you are soooo close to finding Elizabeth, couldn't you hold on just a little bit more! ;D (He is close to finding her, isn't he?! ;D - ok, no spoilers please ;D)

I haven't red the whole thread yet, but i want to. I started on the first page and am now at page 52, it is being so interesting and so funny to read what was happening/being said when the episodes where being showed for the first time, and when we still didn't have a clue how things were going to end up. For example i red today someone posting about the end of first season and how they are wondering what the reaction of John and Elizabeth will be when they will first see each other once again, and i couldn't stop smiling at that, because we all know what their reaction was then! ;D

I have red some of the Stargate novels and in those we can find some more about some of the characters background, for example i was quite surprised to know that Dr. Zelenka ended up on Stargate command / Stargate project because of Daniel Jackson, did you know that? And i also red in one of the novels how John ended up in the Air Force.

Thank you, Scary Kitty, and if you don't mind me asking, you are the author of "Restoration" aren't you? I just love that fic, it is definitely one of my favourites, very well done, i can definitely see it as the first movie of Stargate Atlantis! ;D
                          It is definitely a good idea not to talk about ship on the SGA-R thread. I'm not sure a lot of our readers even know we are mostly all Sparky shippers, and that's the way it should be.

The Stargate novels aren't canon, by the way. Anything you read in them is just the author's ideas and no better than fan fiction.
                          sigpic

Comment

S-minus 1 hour to the Allies post-a-thon!

OMG, I really need some good Sparky fun now. I just saw the teaser for the Iron Man 3 trailer that's being released on Tuesday, and I'm in panic mode over one particular shot.

I am indeed, and thanks for the praise on Restoration! I'm glad you enjoyed it.

That was my face after the game yesterday, and Mr. SR was all
                            *hugs*

It is definitely a good idea not to talk about ship on the SGA-R thread. I'm not sure a lot of our readers even know we are mostly all Sparky shippers, and that's the way it should be.
                            Indeed. SGA Rising is intended for ALL the fans, not just a select segment of the fandom. We aim to keep the stories as canon-friendly as possible.

The Stargate novels aren't canon, by the way. Anything you read in them is just the author's ideas and no better than fan fiction.
                            Words to live by. Some of the stuff that some of these authors have come up with is just really out there and not very canon-friendly at all.
                            (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                            Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

S-minus 1 hour to the Allies post-a-thon!

OMG, I really need some good Sparky fun now. I just saw the teaser for the Iron Man 3 trailer that's being released on Tuesday, and I'm in panic mode over one particular shot.

I am indeed, and thanks for the praise on Restoration! I'm glad you enjoyed it.

*hugs*

Indeed. SGA Rising is intended for ALL the fans, not just a select segment of the fandom. We aim to keep the stories as canon-friendly as possible.

Words to live by. Some of the stuff that some of these authors have come up with is just really out there and not very canon-friendly at all.
                              Not very canon-friendly is an understatement. Try about as far from canon as it is possible to be and still be writing about Atlantis. But I guess they reached their target audience, small as it is.
                              sigpic

Comment

S-minus 30 minutes to the Allies post-a-thon!

Not very canon-friendly is an understatement. Try about as far from canon as it is possible to be and still be writing about Atlantis. But I guess they reached their target audience, small as it is.
                                Gotta wonder whether or not the execs are happy with the sales figures... or if they even care at this point.

Comment

Working...
                                X