Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
    Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Canon Monday!

Ahhhh. That's what I'm talking about. Right there. *sighs in contentment*

It is sad.

But... On to happier things!

mandogater, your ficlets are awesome! I think the Conversion one is my favorite; John is such a cute little boy with the way he's teasing Elizabeth about lunch dates. And that Hot Zone one... ooh la la! Talk about getting Lizzeh all hot under the collar in a good way!

Erin, thank you so much for sharing your pics from DragonCon! Your photo op with Torri and Joe is so cute! I'm sorry you didn't have a chance to get it signed, though. *hugs*
    You're welcome and thanks!

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
    But hey, now that means you've got something to look forward to for next time!
    Exactly right.

Originally posted by Probie View Post
    mandogater: Great ficlets. I love the "Conversion" one

Erin: Great pics. You're so lucky

Jewel did a sheyla comment?
    I don't have the sound.lol I just watch the vid.
    Thanks!

Yep. I won't give my reaction to it, because that's way off topic and pretty easily guessed, but here's a summary/transcript:

Spoiler:
    They were discussing storylines that they would have liked to complete and Jewel looked down at Joe and said that she "kinda wanted to see the whole Sheppard and Teyla thing happen already. It was really frustrating to watch that go down, for me..." People laughed and he was on the spot for a minute, then replied "For me too, Jewel" in this deep mock-serious voice. Then everybody laughed again and he went on to joke about wishing McKay/Beckett had happened. LOL.

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
    And there's that patented Sparky-sandwich glow of true Sparky-geekiness!

We are few and geeky!
    Yes indeed!

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
    Taaaaa Daaaaaaa! The first installment of Box of Dreams is now up at SGA Rising. Read and comment.
    Hooray!

Originally posted by Pocus View Post
    SK life is actually going very well. My niece had her baby this morning and all is well. Plus our little household is going to expand. I just let the whumpers know that Hubby and I are going to be parents to a set of twins. They will be here sometime in April. Feeling good so far.

Fandom has fallen to the wayside, but I am hoping some new Atlantis will bring it back a bit. I miss it!
    Aww! Yay, congratulations!
    sigpic
    Lovely Sparkiness! ~*~ My: Fanfics - Vids ~*~

Comment

Thanks guys!!!

No one can pronounce my first or last name. Love hearing the telemarketers trying to. My first name looks like a common name, just change the first letter. Once people see the letter changed, they are lost. I cover the letter and say what would you think this would be and they all say the same thing. Then I say just change the beginning sound. Not rocket science.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Erin87 View Post

Yep. I won't give my reaction to it, because that's way off topic and pretty easily guessed, but here's a summary/transcript:

Spoiler:
        They were discussing storylines that they would have liked to complete and Jewel looked down at Joe and said that she "kinda wanted to see the whole Sheppard and Teyla thing happen already. It was really frustrating to watch that go down, for me..." People laughed and he was on the spot for a minute, then replied "For me too, Jewel" in this deep mock-serious voice. Then everybody laughed again and he went on to joke about wishing McKay/Beckett had happened. LOL.
        Yeah, that was it but the really funny thing was
        Spoiler:
        in the video from either another day at that same con or at the Fan Expo, I forget which, someone directly asked Joe who he would have liked to be shipped with and he went into his normal reply about having a Moonlighting type scenario. A guy in the audience yelled out "Larrin" and Joe seemed to agree but then said that didn't happen because of Jill's scheduling conflicts and that Larrin just disappeared. Given all the chance in the world to bring up any other co-star, he never even mentioned anyone. That includes Elizabeth, of course, but we already knew that he thinks because she was his boss it couldn't have happened. And, as far as I can tell, that has always been his only objection."

Originally posted by Pocus View Post
        Thanks guys!!!

No one can pronounce my first or last name. Love hearing the telemarketers trying to. My first name looks like a common name, just change the first letter. Once people see the letter changed, they are lost. I cover the letter and say what would you think this would be and they all say the same thing. Then I say just change the beginning sound. Not rocket science.
        My last name is a very common one but with an extra letter that also changes the pronunciation. Nobody ever gets it right.
        sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Alrighty! Box of Dreams Part II is up--please share where you can!

http://sga-rising.com/index.php/6-bo...-story/16-bod2

Congrats Pocus! That's wonderful news! And on the name thing, my name used to be unique, now is pretty average, but has a one letter difference in how it is spelled from the way most people spell it. The number of people stumped by that change has been sort of amazing...
          Visit SGArising.com to read our virtual continuation of the Atlantis series!

Comment

Originally posted by Eri13 View Post

Congrats Pocus! That's wonderful news! And on the name thing, my name used to be unique, now is pretty average, but has a one letter difference in how it is spelled from the way most people spell it. The number of people stumped by that change has been sort of amazing...
            LOL...because SR Jr.'s name is the male version of yours. And you know that can be spelled a lot of ways.
            sigpic

Comment

LOL...because SR Jr.'s name is the male version of yours. And you know that can be spelled a lot of ways.
              Oh yes! Funny, is that I was named after my Dad, who spells it the 'proper American' way. I think the story went mine was spelled with the alternative spelling because I was born in Iceland and that's how they wrote it on the Icelandic birth certificate. But still!
              Visit SGArising.com to read our virtual continuation of the Atlantis series!

Comment

Top o'the morning to ye, Sparkies! Happy Screw the Angst Wednesday and Happy Talk Like a Pirate Day! Yar!

Yeah, that was it but the really funny thing was
                Spoiler:
                in the video from either another day at that same con or at the Fan Expo, I forget which, someone directly asked Joe who he would have liked to be shipped with and he went into his normal reply about having a Moonlighting type scenario. A guy in the audience yelled out "Larrin" and Joe seemed to agree but then said that didn't happen because of Jill's scheduling conflicts and that Larrin just disappeared. Given all the chance in the world to bring up any other co-star, he never even mentioned anyone. That includes Elizabeth, of course, but we already knew that he thinks because she was his boss it couldn't have happened. And, as far as I can tell, that has always been his only objection."
                Curses! Someone REALLY needs to be askin' Joe what he would think if Weir wasn't Sheppard's boss anymore. Methinks his answer would be more t'likin' something between them...

Huzzah! I shall be tweeting to our followers shortly! A round of rum for all!
                (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Thanks.

I have two girls in my one class that have the same name but spelled with a one letter difference. Sometimes it is enough to make your head spin on the ...ahem....creative ways some people come up with to spell names. I would rather have a unique name than a unique spelling of a common name.
                  sigpic

Comment

*Scratches head in confusion but just goes on to read BOD chapter 2*
                    Last edited by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard; 19 September 2012, 10:08 AM.

Comment

So, I was listening to some old John Denver songs recently and when I heard this one I knew it had to be a Sparky vid. The idea is that John is about to crash and some of his life flashes before his eyes. There be woobie faces. You've been warned. [For full screen click on the word "Vimeo" and the vid will come up. Then click on the full screen icon.]

Spoiler:
                      Last edited by Southern Red; 19 September 2012, 12:51 PM.
                      sigpic

Comment

Oh shoot... *scrambles out of thread* ... must update first post of Rising thread... *zip*
                        Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Just read Box of Dreams. I am really really enjoying it so far!
                          BALCONIES
                          The Breeding Ground of Ships.
                          sigpic

Comment

Hey sparkies. Just thought I'd drop buy and say hey. I too have a difficult last name. Hell the greens company has my pants and jackets tagged with the completely wrong initials somehow! *Runs to read Box of Dreams*
                            "I only understand about 1% of what she says half of the time."

Comment

Originally posted by TheLadyMore View Post
                              Just read Box of Dreams. I am really really enjoying it so far!
                              Originally posted by pkprd869 View Post
                              Hey sparkies. Just thought I'd drop buy and say hey. I too have a difficult last name. Hell the greens company has my pants and jackets tagged with the completely wrong initials somehow! *Runs to read Box of Dreams*
                              Thanks to both of you for reading. Spread the word. I know we've lost a number of followers with the long delay, so we need all the publicity we can get.
                              sigpic

Comment

Hello everyone!

A double congratulations Pocus.

Names are always fun but hard, my mom said that she had the name ‘Erica’ planned out from the beginning and I’m thankfully that she gave me a name that works outside of Sweden, even if it is of Scandinavian origin, my last name on the other hand contains letters that doesn’t even exist in the English alphabet.

I can’t imagine being a teacher though with all the student names and then then trying to pick a name with them in mind. I remember when I used to work with insurances and how many times when someone called and I didn’t have the guts to even try and say their names.

So, I was listening to some old John Denver songs recently and when I heard this one I knew it had to be a Sparky vid. The idea is that John is about to crash and some of his life flashes before his eyes. There be woobie faces. You've been warned. [For full screen click on the word "Vimeo" and the vid will come up. Then click on the full screen icon.]

Spoiler:
                                That was an amazing video set to a great song. I can almost imagine it running through John head when he was about to fly the nuke into the hive ship during the Siege, and many other time as well.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X