Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
    Who wrote Submersion? It doesn't say on the episode page. The ease with which she goes along and everyone accepts her shows that it's not uncommon. I loved the mom and dad take the kids on a road trip parts but I also would have loved more concern from John, even though I don't think she went anywhere without him until the very end when the danger was gone. I totally agree 1000% on Carter.
    It was Ken Cuperus, who also wrote: Common Ground (good), The Ark (meh) and Inquisition (ugly).

ETA: Oops. Upon further review I can't saddle Ken with Inquisition. They used clips from one of his episodes.

Originally posted by Ankareeda View Post
    A pic from Dragon Con, Joe and Torri are sitting next to each other.

http://johnnynva.tumblr.com/post/306...flanigan-torri

*bounces*
    Squeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!! There they are again. *pets Sparky*
    sigpic
    sig by SueKay

My Team:

Comment

Originally posted by Irish Eyes View Post
      It was Ken Cuperus, who also wrote: Common Ground (good), The Ark (meh) ...
      And Ken himself mentioned they turned the story of The Ark into something he didn't recognize as something he wrote, so be careful with those writers.
      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
        And Ken himself mentioned they turned the story of The Ark into something he didn't recognize as something he wrote, so be careful with those writers.
        Why does that not surprise me?

Now I wonder how it was supposed to be...
        sigpic
        sig by SueKay

My Team:

Comment

All of this is also very true. It may be my shippy prejudice but I never saw any sort of friendship between John and Carter. No matter how much she called him by his first name or ate with the team, it just wasn't there. Maybe because she was military, but I just always felt a distance between them. It would have been very unlikely that they would have become friends so quickly and the part where they had him declare he respected her more than any other CO, even though that would not have included Elizabeth, just made me wonder if a certain writer had been paying attention at all. But then I wondered that a lot.
          Agreed. The "friendships" between Carter and all of Team Atlantis (not just John) felt incredibly forced to me. Like she was trying way too hard to be all shiny and happy. On John specifically, I quite frankly could see him being a little resentful of Carter; not on a personal level, but because the only reason she was there at all was because of how the IOA/SGC screwed over Elizabeth. Of course, John would keep those feelings under wraps as well as possible out of respect for Carter's rank and that she's supposed to be "one of us," but...

A pic from Dragon Con, Joe and Torri are sitting next to each other.

http://johnnynva.tumblr.com/post/306...flanigan-torri

*bounces*
          SQUEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!! I can't wait for the trip reports!

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
          *snerks* With these PTW? 'Expect the unexpected' takes on a whole new meaning.
          (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
          Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by TheLadyMore View Post
            -raises hand- might as well enjoy my Katniss handy work
            *Hands over platter* You shot'em. You pick what you want.
            I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

Can I make hasenpfeffer instead? It's supposed to rain here and won't be good for BBQing.

Oh, you will love it. I hope. We converted my BFF when she was here last week. This bit occurred during the show. Being a guy you may not get this, and Mr. SR remains totally clueless.

Spoiler:

BFF: That's Mr. Bohannan? Hmmm.
              SR: Yep, that's him. Heh.
              Mr. SR: I wish he'd get a haircut.
              BFF: Guh. *gives SR a look*
              SR: Heh.
              Be my guest. I haven't had bunny in so long, I'm willing to try it anyway someone wants to make it.

I already love Hell on Wheels. I just missed the pilot but was totally hooked by the end of the second episode.
              Last edited by mandogater; 01 September 2012, 07:24 PM.
              I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

And another awesome pic from Dragon Con *squee*:

https://twitter.com/TheFanDoc/status/242087125376458752

sigpic

Comment

She's looking at him the same way Lizzeh looked at John. Must be muscle memory. LOL

Who's that on Torri's left? Can't quite tell.
                  sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

She's looking at him the same way Lizzeh looked at John. Must be muscle memory. LOL
                    *LOL* So true. *squee*

I think it's Peter Kelamis.
                    sigpic

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Lazy Sunday and... S-minus 5 hours and 30 minutes to Critical Mass!

*flails* ZOMG THE CUTENESS I CAN'T EVEN THERE ARE NO WORDS!!!!

Falling back into established patterns. Gotta love it.
                      (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                      Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by ankareeda View Post
                        and another awesome pic from dragon con *squee*:

https://twitter.com/thefandoc/status/242087125376458752

:d:d:d
                        squeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!

Comment

Hi Sparkies, I think I might actually make the post-a-thon tonight

Comment

*LOL* So true. *squee*

I think it's Peter Kelamis.
                            Who is Peter Kelamis? *looks it up* Ohhh, some SGU guy.
                            sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Who is Peter Kelamis? *looks it up* Ohhh, some SGU guy.
                              Hihi, I had the same reaction. *lol*
                              sigpic

Comment

*squee* They're sitting next to each other again:

http://instagram.com/p/PFWqZYNRZC/

*excited*
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X