No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's just been a weird day. I still have a headache that nothing is helping, and I've been in a foul mood most of the day. I don't know what's going on, but I know I need a break from RL. All this change going on is gonna drive me insane.

Anyhow. I'm gonna get to sleep, see if this headache finally goes away. Night!

Comment

Originally posted by Nolamom View Post
      a certain broom closet...
      I love it, Nolamom!!!!

You are just too much.
      I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Sparky!Family Saturday! And... I've got nothing happening on my end, how about all of you?
        (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
        Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
          Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Sparky!Family Saturday! And... I've got nothing happening on my end, how about all of you?
          Not much here either. Cleaning, taking it easy. OT:
          Spoiler:
          Mr. SR is scanning old family photos and doesn't even know his own wife. Uh...The Addams Family play was very good, funny, but the music wasn't all that great. No really standout, showstopper songs. Had fun at intermission watching somebody's Secret Service detail trying to be inconspicuous. Don't know who they were protecting. It looked like some old bald guy but he didn't turn around. One of them had to stand the whole time over by the exit. I hope they took turns. LOL'd at the totally oblivious tourists all around them. Dudes...dark suits, white shirts, really serious face, curly thing in ear. Hello? And speaking of tourists, please for the love of decency if you go on vacay, take along a nice outfit. Shorts and sandals at the Kennedy Center make me cry. And lady in the ballgown, that's only for opening night of the opera. First time here?

Other than that, I got nothing to do except make a peach pie later to go with the OMG!Oatmeal Butterscotch ice cream I bought.
          sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Busted car I am grounded meaning Im stuck in my house until I get a rental. Maybe I'll get some Sparky fics....maybe smutty....as I need to fill my Kink Bingo Card. I do owe my friend a fic though we rp Sparky in rather compromising situations so -nods head- I got the perfect square for her.
            BALCONIES
            The Breeding Ground of Ships.
            sigpic

Comment

hey folks sorry i haven't been on. i've been trying to calm myself after seeing TDKR and i was hearing about the massacre in Colorado so that kinda ruined my day yesterday and i felt terrible for those people and their families.

Comment

Note to self (before laptop shuts down) - page 6,201!

Originally posted by ShWeir View Post
                I took my little sister to the zoo, I saw some lemmings and laughed my head of! Now my sister thinks I'm crazy. And it's all this forums fault!

*does Lemming dance (still in Scotland for one more day)*
                Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

*slides into thread*

Hey, Sparkys!

I've been busy finishing up some wedding planning stuff, and I'm ripping some DVDs as we speak. I actually just rediscovered another AU fic I had planned for Sparky, based off of the Jane Austen novel "Persuasion", but it'll have to wait until I make some headway on the HS AU fic.

If I ever get to it, that is.

And in light of the recent events in Aurora, CO, it's a little freaky that "The Dark Knight" is airing on TNT right now. I've never seen it because of all the Joker-related darkness (cause I don't want to be scarred for life), but I figure maybe they've taken out the worst of it if it's on TV.

Anyhow. Same ol, same ol.

Comment

Just cause I'm bored, here's a snippet from the AU fic. I don't think I've posted this before, and if I have, apologies.

Fic bunnies: "Not really. You will reread it no matter what."

SW: "Shush."

The summary of the story is that
                    Spoiler:
                    after Simon breaks up with Elizabeth (who teaches poli-sci at Georgetown), she reconnects with her college roommate and good friend Teyla, who lives and works at a high school in CA. After Teyla tells her she's pregnant and Kanaan is away for work for most of the pregnancy, Elizabeth visits her to get her mind off of things, and decides to stay longer once she sees how alone Teyla is ... not to mention after she meets the handsome geometry teacher at Teyla's high school.

And here's the snippet. This would take place further along in the story. You'll kinda start to see where it would happen.
                    Spoiler:
                    Elizabeth groaned as she stepped off the ladder, wiping the sweat away from her face as she evaluated her work. It had been a long time since she last painted, but time didn’t seem to erase the rudimentary skills. The dreary grey walls of before were replaced with a soft chocolate brown that reminded her more of caramel and chocolate mixed together.

Her stomach growled slightly.

She chuckled, then raised her head. “Teyla?”

“In here.”

She walked through the living room to the nursery that her friend was decorating. At almost eight months, Teyla looked like she had swallowed a watermelon, and Elizabeth had to repress a laugh. During college, Teyla had always been slender and athletic. Seeing her now, as she waddled around the light blue room, was a departure from the norm.

Of course, many strange things had happened during her pregnancy. Teyla kept repeating how glad she was that Elizabeth was able to stay with her for a few months. Originally, she was only coming for a few weeks, but after arriving and seeing how despondent Teyla was, despite trying to hide it, Elizabeth decided to stay for most of the summer. The board at Georgetown was fine with her extended leave of absence; when she had told them the reason, they almost seemed relieved that it was personal.

For once.

“Are you hungry?”

“Starving,” Teyla replied immediately with a wide smile. “I just wish John would hurry up.”

Elizabeth frowned. “John’s coming?”

“Yes, he texted me about half an hour ago and asked if he could bring us lunch. I ordered for you. I hope you don’t mind.”

Elizabeth shook her head nonchalantly. “That’s fine.”

Teyla looked at her, then laughed.

Elizabeth smiled back. “What?” she asked, even though she knew her friend could see the blush on her face.

“You like John, don’t you?”

Elizabeth tried to shake her head no, but failed. “He’s very nice. To tell you the truth, I’m not really sure why I like him. It doesn’t seem like we’d have anything in common.”

“You are both teachers,” Teyla suggested as she placed the mobile over the crib.

She nodded. “Well, yes, but … I don’t know. Part of me feels wrong for even liking him this much. Is it too soon after Simon--?”

“Aah!” Teyla exclaimed, raising a finger. “Part of the agreement was that we wouldn’t talk of Simon while you’re here. Do not make me kick you out,” she threatened lightly, raising a teasing eyebrow.

Elizabeth shrugged. “Sorry.”

Just then, the doorbell rang.

Teyla let out a groan, but it sounded forced. “Oh, my back is killing me. I don’t think I can make it to the door. Do you mind?”

Elizabeth snorted a chuckle. “I hate you.”

“I know. Now go get the door. I’m famished!”

She walked to the door, wiping her hands on her pants, and looked through the peephole.

John Sheppard was standing on the other side, squinting one eye and leaning as close as he could to the other side of the door. He pulled back, then raised the takeout bag and swung it in front of the door. “Room service,” he called out.

Elizabeth smiled, then unlocked the door and pulled it open.

John smiled at her as he stepped inside. “Elizabeth. How are you?”

“Fine. And you?” she asked, closing the door and leading him into the kitchen.

He set the bag down on the counter. “Good, good.”

“Do I smell Chinese?” Teyla called out as she walked into the kitchen, hands on her waist.

John frowned at her. “Did you gain weight?”

“Shut up,” she responded with a laugh as she gave him a quick hug.

He patted her back awkwardly and glanced up at Elizabeth. The slightly helpless look on his face made her laugh out loud, but John erased the look before Teyla could see it.

“What?” she asked with narrowed eyes.

John and Elizabeth shrugged at the same time. “Nothing.”

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                      I think screen caps you do yourself will probably come out fuzzy. I used some from the GW section on screen caps and the 8 x 10's came out great.
                      When it comes to printing digital images, the higher the quality of the original image, the better your printout will be. Screen caps taken from the Blu-rays would be ideal if you can find them.
                      Thanks for the tips, ladies. We'll see what I come up with.

Originally posted by Lythisrose View Post
                      Not sure if it's been posted here but there's a Torri/Joe photo op at Dragon Con:
                      http://www.froggysphotos.com/convent...goncon2012.php
                      Looking at the photo ops available, if I went to that con I would probably spend WAYYYYYYYYYYYYYY too much money. Awesome lineup!

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
                      I think my brain just exploded.

Oh well. That's such a huge con that I'd be freaked out by the crowds. Chicago is smaller so it will be easier for me.

Still pissed, though.
                      Yeah, not sure I want to deal with a crowd that big. We'll just have a fabulous time in Chicago, right?

*group hug for the thread* Love you guys....
                      sigpic
                      sig by SueKay

My Team:

Comment

Originally posted by ShipperWriter View Post
                        Just cause I'm bored, here's a snippet from the AU fic. I don't think I've posted this before, and if I have, apologies.

Spoiler:
                        after Simon breaks up with Elizabeth (who teaches poli-sci at Georgetown), she reconnects with her college roommate and good friend Teyla, who lives and works at a high school in CA. After Teyla tells her she's pregnant and Kanaan is away for work for most of the pregnancy, Elizabeth visits her to get her mind off of things, and decides to stay longer once she sees how alone Teyla is ... not to mention after she meets the handsome geometry teacher at Teyla's high school.

And here's the snippet. This would take place further along in the story. You'll kinda start to see where it would happen.
                        Spoiler:
                        Elizabeth groaned as she stepped off the ladder, wiping the sweat away from her face as she evaluated her work. It had been a long time since she last painted, but time didn’t seem to erase the rudimentary skills. The dreary grey walls of before were replaced with a soft chocolate brown that reminded her more of caramel and chocolate mixed together.

“In here.”

She walked through the living room to the nursery that her friend was decorating. At almost eight months, Teyla looked like she had swallowed a watermelon, and Elizabeth had to repress a laugh. During college, Teyla had always been slender and athletic. Seeing her now, as she waddled around the light blue room, was a departure from the norm.

Of course, many strange things had happened during her pregnancy. Teyla kept repeating how glad she was that Elizabeth was able to stay with her for a few months. Originally, she was only coming for a few weeks, but after arriving and seeing how despondent Teyla was, despite trying to hide it, Elizabeth decided to stay for most of the summer. The board at Georgetown was fine with her extended leave of absence; when she had told them the reason, they almost seemed relieved that it was personal.

For once.

“Are you hungry?”

“Starving,” Teyla replied immediately with a wide smile. “I just wish John would hurry up.”

“Yes, he texted me about half an hour ago and asked if he could bring us lunch. I ordered for you. I hope you don’t mind.”

Elizabeth smiled back. “What?” she asked, even though she knew her friend could see the blush on her face.

Elizabeth tried to shake her head no, but failed. “He’s very nice. To tell you the truth, I’m not really sure why I like him. It doesn’t seem like we’d have anything in common.”

“You are both teachers,” Teyla suggested as she placed the mobile over the crib.

She nodded. “Well, yes, but … I don’t know. Part of me feels wrong for even liking him this much. Is it too soon after Simon--?”

“Aah!” Teyla exclaimed, raising a finger. “Part of the agreement was that we wouldn’t talk of Simon while you’re here. Do not make me kick you out,” she threatened lightly, raising a teasing eyebrow.

Teyla let out a groan, but it sounded forced. “Oh, my back is killing me. I don’t think I can make it to the door. Do you mind?”

She walked to the door, wiping her hands on her pants, and looked through the peephole.

John Sheppard was standing on the other side, squinting one eye and leaning as close as he could to the other side of the door. He pulled back, then raised the takeout bag and swung it in front of the door. “Room service,” he called out.

“Do I smell Chinese?” Teyla called out as she walked into the kitchen, hands on her waist.

He patted her back awkwardly and glanced up at Elizabeth. The slightly helpless look on his face made her laugh out loud, but John erased the look before Teyla could see it.

I like the snippet of your AU fic, SW. Please finish it ASAP. I want to read the entire thing.
                        I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

“In here.”

For once.

“Are you hungry?”

I love that. I needed something light and fluffy. You hit exactly the right tone with the hug. It reminded me of the couple of times she hugged him and how awkward he was on the show. Plus, pregnant women seem to spook him a bit. LOL

Originally posted by Irish Eyes View Post
                          Thanks for the tips, ladies. We'll see what I come up with.

Looking at the photo ops available, if I went to that con I would probably spend WAYYYYYYYYYYYYYY too much money. Awesome lineup!

Yeah, not sure I want to deal with a crowd that big. We'll just have a fabulous time in Chicago, right?

*group hug for the thread* Love you guys....
                          You are going to have a ball in Chicago. I am so excited for you. If you want more advice on how things work, I'll be glad to answer any further questions.
                          sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Lazy Sunday! And... S-minus 6 hours until Instinct!

SW, I love the new fic snippet! Hahahah, John is so CUTE when he's all awkward and flustered!

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                            I love that. I needed something light and fluffy. You hit exactly the right tone with the hug. It reminded me of the couple of times she hugged him and how awkward he was on the show. Plus, pregnant women seem to spook him a bit. LOL
                            *cracks up*
                            (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                            Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

“In here.”

For once.

“Are you hungry?”

sigpic

Comment

Hello everyone. Looking forward to ’Instinct’ later on today. I just got back from dinner with friends and I ate way too much.

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

“In here.”

For once.

“Are you hungry?”

Amazing story and plot idea, I loved the characters interactions. I’m really excited to read more from it.

Originally posted by Nolamom View Post
                                Cute and fitting.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X