X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
    Nicely done gif!!
    What she said.

And JT, I agree on Dragon Con. It's just a little more than I care to handle. But now that they seem to have formed a pattern of being at cons together, maybe next year they'll be on the same day in Chicago. Now that would draw a Sparky crowd. I hope someone at Creation is listening.
    sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
      I think my brain just exploded.

Oh well. That's such a huge con that I'd be freaked out by the crowds. Chicago is smaller so it will be easier for me.

Still pissed, though.
      Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
      What she said.

And JT, I agree on Dragon Con. It's just a little more than I care to handle. But now that they seem to have formed a pattern of being at cons together, maybe next year they'll be on the same day in Chicago. Now that would draw a Sparky crowd. I hope someone at Creation is listening.
      Eh, you'd probably be alright. I haven't officially been to Dragon*Con, but I've been around Dragon*Con a couple of times. It is definitely a ton of people, but the area in Atlanta its in is relatively close quartered and very 'walker-friendly' that you'd be able to get in, stay and get out again without feeling overwhelmed.

However, if you attempted to go beyond the Con's location--the greater Atlanta area and outside suburbs are not worth the trouble. Stay off the roads. Luckily, the Con is in the nice downtown area which is only a short MARTA (read: subway) ride to other nice Downtown attractions, like the Aquarium/Coca-Cola museum and the Georgia Dome.
      Visit SGArising.com to read our virtual continuation of the Atlantis series!

Comment

Originally posted by Eri13 View Post
        Eh, you'd probably be alright. I haven't officially been to Dragon*Con, but I've been around Dragon*Con a couple of times. It is definitely a ton of people, but the area in Atlanta its in is relatively close quartered and very 'walker-friendly' that you'd be able to get in, stay and get out again without feeling overwhelmed.

However, if you attempted to go beyond the Con's location--the greater Atlanta area and outside suburbs are not worth the trouble. Stay off the roads. Luckily, the Con is in the nice downtown area which is only a short MARTA (read: subway) ride to other nice Downtown attractions, like the Aquarium/Coca-Cola museum and the Georgia Dome.
        Yeah, I know that area. We have a friend there and have visited a number of times. Plus, Mr. SR had a conference there once and we stayed in a downtown hotel. Aunt Pitty Pat's Porch is one of our favorite restaurants. But it's the con itself that would exhaust me and one can't just stalk Joe and Torri all weekend there is too much to choose from, plus all the standing in line. I would have done it when I was young though.
        sigpic

Comment

Morning, everybody!

OT:
          Spoiler:
          I came home with a bad headache yesterday, then got into a fight with my mom, and it became a migraine. She won't let go of something that happened twenty years ago, and it's making her act stupid and childish. I woke up this morning and still had the headache and my eyes hurt from crying so much. I have never had a hangover, but I imagine this feels a little bit like one.

I wanna try and work on my fic, so I'll be lurking.

And I wish I could go to a con! But I think the only way I'd ever go is if Joe and Torri were there the same day. And I was married to a sugar daddy.
          Last edited by ShipperWriter; 19 July 2012, 06:26 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ShipperWriter View Post
            Morning, everybody!

OT:
            Spoiler:
            I came home with a bad headache yesterday, then got into a fight with my mom, and it became a migraine. She won't let go of something that happened twenty years ago, and it's making her act stupid and childish. I woke up this morning and still had the headache and my eyes hurt from crying so much. I have never had a hangover, but I imagine this feels a little bit like one.

And I wish I could go to a con! But I think the only way I'd ever go is if Joe and Torri were there the same day. And I was married to a sugar daddy.
            Awww, no if you had a hangover, you'd be puking also. Sorry your mom is being difficult.

Start saving for next year.
            sigpic

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Fluffy Thursday!

Originally posted by Nolamom View Post
              http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j55/Nolamom/Shippiness/Valenship/Shippy%20Gifs/John_Elizabeth_Hug.gif
              Eeeee! So cute!

What she said.

You and me both.

Yeah, I know that area. We have a friend there and have visited a number of times. Plus, Mr. SR had a conference there once and we stayed in a downtown hotel. Aunt Pitty Pat's Porch is one of our favorite restaurants. But it's the con itself that would exhaust me and one can't just stalk Joe and Torri all weekend there is too much to choose from, plus all the standing in line. I would have done it when I was young though.
              What do you mean, "one can't just stalk Joe and Torri all weekend?" Blasphemy!

Morning, everybody!

OT:
              Spoiler:

*hugs you tight* I'm sorry things are difficult with your mom. *snuggles*

As for the con, I second SR's advice: start saving those pennies.
              (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
              Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Morning, everybody!

OT:
                Spoiler:
                *hugs*... and if I didn't know better I'd think that was my Mother you were talking about so I fully sympathise with you
                sigpic
                Thank you ladygris for my lovely sig and avi

Comment

Morning, everybody!

OT:
                  Spoiler:

Sorry for the drama. I know the feeling...it's not fun. *HUGS*

Oh, dear, I probably shouldn't mention that D*C is not only doing 4 days of SG Panels that will more than likely feature them both together, but that DC added a combo photo op where you can take a pic with the both of them together? http://sgmultiverse.org/schedule2012tentative.html

Am I trying to convince myself to go? Maybe. I'm just not a con-goer. We need vets to come out here and do the reporting!
                  Visit SGArising.com to read our virtual continuation of the Atlantis series!

Comment

I've never been to a con - I absolutely *detest* crowds of any sort. I think it would be fun, but my aversion to crowds borders on phobia...
                    sigpic

Comment

Thanks for all the hugs, I appreciate it. And hangover=puking. I forgot that.

Anyhow, making some macaroni and cheese while watching "Gilmore Girls". Classic solution for "down in the dumps girl".

Oh, dear, I probably shouldn't mention that D*C is not only doing 4 days of SG Panels that will more than likely feature them both together, but that DC added a combo photo op where you can take a pic with the both of them together? http://sgmultiverse.org/schedule2012tentative.html

Am I trying to convince myself to go? Maybe. I'm just not a con-goer. We need vets to come out here and do the reporting!
                      Oh dear Lord. *wibbles, then raises eyebrows* If I shoot straight up I-75 ... *shakes head* Still won't work. I don't get paid again until that weekend, and I already have bills waiting on the money.

I think y'all are right. I'll start saving for another time.

Comment

They are going to do a panel togther all four days? ugh, as if a photo op with the two of them isn't enough, now I'm even more angry that I can't go, well hopefully someone will and we'll get some photage or even better a video or two or if nothing else some tweets so we get to see something of the two of them (and of course the others but Joe and Torri are my favorites and they are just always so awesome togther).

Originally posted by Nolamom View Post
                        I've never been to a con - I absolutely *detest* crowds of any sort. I think it would be fun, but my aversion to crowds borders on phobia...
                        That sucks, I mean feeling that way in general. I live in a big city so I can't really afford to have a problem with big crowds but at the same time I don't really like them. Love cons though, now I've been to Sci-Fi and Film convention we have here in Stockholm every year since back in I don't know when but it's been many years now and I do love it, it was here I meet Joe back in december 2010 and then Michael Shanks this past december. Though while they are not a small con it's nothing compared to the once like Comic con and Dragon con, but it feels my yearly need of all things Sci-Fi and Fantasy so if I never get to go visit another con then I'm ok with it, even if I really want to visit some of the big once someday.
                        sigpic

Comment

*runs into thread*

So Darren just posted the nominations for the SGA S2 rewatch. Here's the link if anybody's interested!

And the final poll for favorite episode came down to a tie between "Conversion" and "The Long Goodbye"! *does happy dance*

Plus, one of my suggestions made it onto the list!

Best Weir Moment
                          -Weir risks her well-being to check on Colonel Sheppard during his transformation into a bug-like creature. ("Conversion")
                          *squeesflailssqueesflails*
                          Last edited by ShipperWriter; 19 July 2012, 09:14 AM.

Comment

*runs into thread*

So Darren just posted the nominations for the SGA S2 rewatch. Here's the link if anybody's interested!

And the final poll for favorite episode came down to a tie between "Conversion" and "The Long Goodbye"! *does happy dance*

Good choice, it’s not easy to pick between that one and her transformation into Phoebus, however since she is Weir’s Phoebus was nominated in the ‘Best Individual Villain’ category so you can really get the best of both, I’ll have to look into it. It’s also going to be tough to choose between "Conversion" and "The Long Goodbye", both damn great episodes.
                            sigpic

Comment

Some of these were very difficult choices but lots of good Sparky moments to choose from. Love how the John/Elizabeth connection comes out.
                              sigpic

Comment

DOOOOOO IIIITTTTTTTT!!!! Join the Dark Side. WE HAVE COOKIES!!!!

Thanks for all the hugs, I appreciate it. And hangover=puking. I forgot that.

Anyhow, making some macaroni and cheese while watching "Gilmore Girls". Classic solution for "down in the dumps girl".

Oh dear Lord. *wibbles, then raises eyebrows* If I shoot straight up I-75 ... *shakes head* Still won't work. I don't get paid again until that weekend, and I already have bills waiting on the money.

I think y'all are right. I'll start saving for another time.
                                Drat, that sucks. But yes, there's always next year! Time to decorate that spare change jar! You can do it!

*runs into thread*

Wicked! Lots of good stuff to choose from! *runs off to vote*
                                (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                                Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Working...
                                X