Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ClassicCouples View Post
    Embrace your insanity!

I also wanted to comment that I tried to watch SGU and could not get into it!! SG-1 is my OTL (one true love, is that even a real acronym?) so finding out that I actually liked SGA was kind of a surprise, but SGU just didn't do it for me (is there something wrong with me?) Should I give it another try (I have tried twice)?

Must go to bed, because I can't think straight at this point.
    No you're perfectly sane, ClassicCouples.

I barely lasted through the first two episodes of SGU and haven't missed it at all. In that small amount of time, I lost count of the number of characters I would have tossed out an airlock.
    Last edited by mandogater; 01 July 2012, 09:10 PM.
    I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

Originally posted by ShipperWriter View Post

Glad you're okay, though! We've all had some tough times with the weather this week, whether it be storms or heat.

And yeah, there's a buttload to catch up on.
      Thanks. After the storm it hit the upper 90's here in Ohio and the heat got to me a bit yesterday but everything's fine now.

You're welcome.

Comment

Embrace your insanity!

I also wanted to comment that I tried to watch SGU and could not get into it!! SG-1 is my OTL (one true love, is that even a real acronym?) so finding out that I actually liked SGA was kind of a surprise, but SGU just didn't do it for me (is there something wrong with me?) Should I give it another try (I have tried twice)?

Must go to bed, because I can't think straight at this point.
        No, it's not just you. Mr. SR and I gave SGU our usual 3 episode try and just couldn't stick with it. It failed all our tests: likable characters, humor and good action.

Holy crap on a cracker! That's so awesome! Can't believe I've never seen that before! I ... I ... Oh, definitely inspired now!
        That makes me wonder what else you have missed. Maybe we need to have a Sparky nostalgia day. I think us old timers take it for granted that all you newer peeps know everything we do.

Originally posted by mandogater View Post
        POWER!!!!!!!!!!!

ELECTRICAL POWER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No I didn't drop off the face of the Earth. We just lost power here Friday night thanks to a storm and only got it back a couple of hours ago.

Time to see what all I missed.
        Welcome back. It was very bad here too but missed us completely. Evidently, my town got mentioned in the national news which resulted in frantic calls from family and friends. Washington, DC is still a mess I hear.
        sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Back all ready with an old vid of mine some of you might have missed. John seems to have only one goal in mind.

Spoiler:
          sigpic

Comment

I dunno. I could never really get into SGU either. I tried a few times, and frankly, I only ended up watching parts of it for Jack/Sam scenes. I just didn't get the same feel from SGU like I did with SG-1 and SGA.
            There are Jack/Sam scenes? That is tempting They are only in two of the same episodes so that should be do-able.
            sigpic
            || acrazyobsession on AO3 & Tumblr || My DeviantArt ||

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
              Back all ready with an old vid of mine some of you might have missed. John seems to have only one goal in mind.

Spoiler:
              great vid! if you see these scenes you can't deny that there was something going on between them

Comment

BACK! Hi everyone I'm not familiar with--I'm an oldie and a lurker/former poster and a writer on SGA Rising.

Got BOD, planning on starting my beta at lunch (to make lunch AWESOME).

Y'all must have been giving me the best of the prayers/good vibes department, which is really why I dropped in--to say thanks! My presentation went well, and I know it was from all the support I was getting--muchas gracias. Now, back to business. :3
                Visit SGArising.com to read our virtual continuation of the Atlantis series!

Comment

ROTFLMAO!!!!!! I love it!
                  Hee hee hee, thanks!

That makes me wonder what else you have missed. Maybe we need to have a Sparky nostalgia day. I think us old timers take it for granted that all you newer peeps know everything we do.

OMG! *runs around thread, squeeing and flailing*

That was ... oh so amazing. I don't even wanna do the eye!sex moments video anymore ... It can't compare to that amazing work of art! Especially loved the "little something extra" when John does air quotes. I burst out shrieking with laughter and my cat gave me the death glare.

There are Jack/Sam scenes? That is tempting They are only in two of the same episodes so that should be do-able.
                  I have one of them saved on my Photobucket. To keep thread on-topic, I'll send you a PM with the link.

Originally posted by CaptainMina90 View Post
                  great vid! if you see these scenes you can't deny that there was something going on between them
                  Exactly!

Originally posted by Eri13 View Post
                  BACK! Hi everyone I'm not familiar with--I'm an oldie and a lurker/former poster and a writer on SGA Rising.

Y'all must have been giving me the best of the prayers/good vibes department, which is really why I dropped in--to say thanks! My presentation went well, and I know it was from all the support I was getting--muchas gracias. Now, back to business. :3
                  Eri!!! *glomps* Nice to see you!!!

Glad your presentation went well, and hope you enjoy BoD!!!

Working on cracky smut. I think I may be a little in over my head. Be back later.

Comment

Originally posted by CaptainMina90 View Post
                    Well, it all depends on your preference. Some people saw things vastly different than we do.

*high fives* Enjoy the lunch. Congrats on the presentation. We knew you could do it. *sends cool thoughts your way*

OMG! *runs around thread, squeeing and flailing*

That was ... oh so amazing. I don't even wanna do the eye!sex moments video anymore ... It can't compare to that amazing work of art! Especially loved the "little something extra" when John does air quotes. I burst out shrieking with laughter and my cat gave me the death glare.
                    Oh, nonono, don't you dare not do yours. I always think the same thing when I see somebody else's work.

I went back looking for old vid sites and found most of them no longer work. I found a few places though that have a few vids left. You'll have to try various links. Kawoosh will drive you nuts and depress you when you see what you missed but there are a few left. There are also quite a few oldies on YouTube.

http://fanmagicks.livejournal.com/

http://www.pink-martini.net/sg1award...ominations.htm

http://riversofmusic.de/music5.htm

http://www.kawoosh.co.uk/worm.php?hole=character
                    sigpic

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Canon Monday!

POWER!!!!!!!!!!!

ELECTRICAL POWER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No I didn't drop off the face of the Earth. We just lost power here Friday night thanks to a storm and only got it back a couple of hours ago.

Time to see what all I missed.
                      Welcome back! I'd wondered if the storm and power outages had affected you. Good to hear everything's working again.

Spoiler:
                      RAWR. An oldie but a goodie.

ERI! *glomps* Congrats on the presentation going well! And oh, you are in for such a treat with this first bit of BoD!
                      (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                      Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Well, it all depends on your preference. Some people saw things vastly different than we do.
                        You speak of Those Whose Names We Dare Not Say for slight fear of modding?

Oh, nonono, don't you dare not do yours. I always think the same thing when I see somebody else's work.
                        Okay, okay! Let me throw some laundry in and I'll get back to work on it!

I went back looking for old vid sites and found most of them no longer work. I found a few places though that have a few vids left. You'll have to try various links. Kawoosh will drive you nuts and depress you when you see what you missed but there are a few left. There are also quite a few oldies on YouTube.

http://fanmagicks.livejournal.com/

http://www.pink-martini.net/sg1award...ominations.htm

http://riversofmusic.de/music5.htm

http://www.kawoosh.co.uk/worm.php?hole=character
                        Thank you, SR. You just guaranteed that I will get nothing productive done today.

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                        RAWR. An oldie but a goodie.

ERI! *glomps* Congrats on the presentation going well! And oh, you are in for such a treat with this first bit of BoD!
                        *whimpers for a morsel*

Comment

You speak of Those Whose Names We Dare Not Say for slight fear of modding?

Okay, okay! Let me throw some laundry in and I'll get back to work on it!

Thank you, SR. You just guaranteed that I will get nothing productive done today.
                          And my work here is done.

*whimpers for a morsel*
                          Oh for pity's sake. I hope Anuna won't kill me, but here's a morsel.

Spoiler:
                          Richard gestured with his hand towards the chair on the opposite side of his desk.
                          sigpic

Comment

Welcome back. It was very bad here too but missed us completely. Evidently, my town got mentioned in the national news which resulted in frantic calls from family and friends. Washington, DC is still a mess I hear.
                            Thanks. It's good to be back. Glad none of this hit your neck of the woods.

Makes me wonder if the fates are trying to tell anybody in Washington something.

Comment

Thanks. It's good to be back. Glad none of this hit your neck of the woods.

Makes me wonder if the fates are trying to tell anybody in Washington something.
                              I was thinking that same thing. Actually, it came very close to us. I think we were in a little bubble and oddly enough, SR Jr didn't lose power at all. He's about 45 minutes west of us, and a few miles from him was a very hard hit area. I heard a report that over a million people might still be without power north of the city and bunches of traffic lights are out all over DC. It's bad enough up there when they are working. I can't wait to get Mr. SR's report when he gets home. His new office is up near Capitol hill. I know the Federal Government workers had "liberal leave" today, which means they can work from home if they want to.
                              sigpic

Comment

Hee hee hee, thanks!

Working on cracky smut. I think I may be a little in over my head. Be back later.
                                You're welcome.

I can't wait to read it!! Hopefully it will help me find my muse. It took off last week and didn't leave a forwarding address.

Comment

Working...
                                X