Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
    Definitely not canon, then. Especially since in my reckoning of the SGA timeline, Elizabeth's birthday would have to have been sometime in the spring, not October.
    I checked their references. Elizabeth's birthdate is from a "behind the scenes" magazine that has a personnel file on her. They don't even say where John's is from. Dog tags, maybe???

Originally posted by ShWeir View Post
    Nyeh... I don't know, I just watch SGA for Sparky moments... I mean wraith fights
    Yeah, we know.

Originally posted by ShWeir View Post
    Kate-fest???
    Well, FH is Heightmeyer's Lemming, and "Duet" has a lot of Kate in it. Ya know, because of Rodney's internal crisis. Hee hee!

Comment

S-minus 25 minutes to Duet!
      (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
      Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Then there's the casting sides for the SGA main cast; these were written up before the final draft of the script for Rising was completed, so McKay hadn't yet replaced Ingram, but the age ranges for the characters are rather interesting to note. Sheppard and Weir were supposed to be around the same age. Isn't that curious?
        Interesting. Although I gagged a little reading ... other parts.

I'll bet that wasn't the only thing of John's that would've gotten big if he'd ever gotten a kiss from Lizzeh.
        And Teh Gutter is officially open for business!!!

Comment

Originally posted by ShipperWriter View Post
          Actually, JoeF's B-day is January 5, 1967. Torri's is December 6, 1969. She's actually almost three years younger than Joe, if you can believe that!

And just for comparison. Cause I'm bored.

DavidH - 4/18/68
          RachelL - 1/19/71
          PaulyMc - 1/5/69

They're all in the same age range. So to throw around a huge difference in ages is just insulting. Cause Joe is the oldest of them, and he still looks oh so fine.
          Yupp, I don’t know how old the characters are (you only knew that Ford was 25 in season 1) but if you go on their real life age then (than I made an error) Joe is the oldest, and then David is (almost) a year younger than him, then Paul is 9 month younger than him and then Torri while born in the same year as Paul is still about 11 month younger than again I made an error but Rachel is a little under two years younger than Torri and then there is about a 8 year age-gap between Rachel and Jason and then Jewel is about 3 years younger than Jason, all and all is they are going on the character age being the same as the actors ages then John should have around 36-37 and Elizabeth around 34-35 which makes sense with their careers etc.
          sigpic

Comment

I checked their references. Elizabeth's birthdate is from a "behind the scenes" magazine that has a personnel file on her. They don't even say where John's is from. Dog tags, maybe???
            Dog tags don't list birthdates. I do have a few of those magazines (they were only available in Europe and a few other countries), and a lot of the stuff in them looks made-up. Like certain authors I could name, the people who did these magazines obviously didn't do their research.
            (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
            Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

I'll bet that wasn't the only thing of John's that would've gotten big if he'd ever gotten a kiss from Lizzeh.
              Bad, bad, bad
              sigpic

Comment

Interesting. Although I gagged a little reading ... other parts.
                Fortunately, said other parts never went anywhere.

And Teh Gutter is officially open for business!!!
                Teh Gutter is open 24/7/365.

Comment

Originally posted by Nolamom View Post
                  Bad, bad, bad
                  So bad, it's good!

Comment

Originally posted by Brie View Post
                    Yupp, I don’t know how old the characters are (you only knew that Ford was 25 in season 1) but if you go on their real life age then (than I made an error) Joe is the oldest, and then David is (almost) a year younger than him, then Paul is 9 month younger than him and then Torri while born in the same year as Paul is still about 11 month younger than again I made an error but Rachel is a little under two years younger than Torri and then there is about a 8 year age-gap between Rachel and Jason and then Jewel is about 3 years younger than Jason, all and all is they are going on the character age being the same as the actors ages then John should have around 36-37 and Elizabeth around 34-35 which makes sense with their careers etc.
                    Rodney's age is known too - he was born in 1968, like David (we're told that in "Quarantine"). So, we only know how old Rodney and Ford are.I always wondered where the hell Stargate wiki took the date for John's birthday. Is it in the legacy series, or what? Because I noticed they list some information from the Legacy series as canon.

Comment

Originally posted by Raelis View Post
                      Rodney's age is known too - he was born in 1968, like David (we're told that in "Quarantine"). So, we only know how old Rodney and Ford are.I always wondered where the hell Stargate wiki took the date for John's birthday. Is it in the legacy series, or what? Because I noticed they list some information from the Legacy series as canon.
                      Stargate Wiki gets some of their information from sources outside the TV production/cast/crew. In the case of some of these non-canon birthdays, they're using fan magazines that weren't even available here in the US. Automatic fail in my book.

Comment

And... S-minus 15 minutes to Duet! Hope your DVD players are getting warmed up!

Comment

Originally posted by Raelis View Post
                          Really? OMG. Ewwwwww.
                          sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                            Yes there are people who said she sexually harassed him and he was afraid to offend her. She was a silly schoolgirl who embarrassed herself over him when it was obvious he could hardly stand to be around her and stiffened up whenever she got close to him. You missed a lot of fun back in the wild wild days.
                            I wish I had been, and still wow, again one can wonder if we were watching the same show. School Girl crush *lol* well, we can point out that John reminds me of that teenage guy who kept messing up just so that he would get sent alone to the sexy principal’s office…ok, weird similarity there but you get my point, it’s obvious from their interacting that the flirting was defiantly mutual.
                            sigpic

Comment

ZOMG, has anyone looked at how many people are on the thread right now? We've got 42 guests! Hai lurkers!

Comment

Stargate Wiki gets some of their information from sources outside the TV production/cast/crew. In the case of some of these non-canon birthdays, they're using fan magazines that weren't even available here in the US. Automatic fail in my book.
                                Last time I checked, they also listed "Wraith"as Rodney's race (along with "Tauri"). This is how I found about about this "Legacy" series. So it seems they also use these books as some kind of indisputable canon.

Comment

Working...
                                X