Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Originally posted by Brie View Post
    There is (and in some cases that seem to be espcially for Shep's team), though being attacked by a wraith dart is a good excuse for forgetting about it.
    True, dat.

    Originally posted by ShipperWriter View Post
    So, kids, what did we learn from this episode?

    --When someone comes back from the presumed dead, it's better to shoot them.
    Hell yeah.

    Originally posted by ShipperWriter View Post
    --Don't pass yourselves off as Ancestors. It's like telling your date you're a millionaire and then watching your credit card get declined.
    OMFGLMAO!
    (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
    Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

    Comment


      Well. That was fun! But time for me to catnap real quick, then go eat dinner.

      Though judging from the aroma of chicken that's coming upstairs, maybe dinner is first.

      Laterz!

      *spins out of chair and runs out of room*
      Last edited by ShipperWriter; 06 May 2012, 03:38 PM. Reason: So hungry, I couldn't spell ...

      Comment


        Aw, everyone's heading off to dinner. Time for me to go find a late lunch, I guess. See you all later! *waves*
        (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
        Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

        Comment


          That was a lot of fun, now I'm of to bed actually. Night guys.
          sigpic

          Comment


            Night Sparkys I'm off to bed... Kiddin' I've got Monday off, I'm stayin' up till 04:00

            Comment


              Sorry, was off watching "Sherlock" on PBS. I'm a little bummed -- they had to edit it for time and took out a few scenes that helped the episode and made it flow smoother. Like those deleted Sparky scenes that have to be locked up in a vault somewhere in Vancouver...

              Anyhow, off to bed. Apparently I have to do this thing called "work" tomorrow. Night, everyone!

              Comment


                Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                Thank you.

                *****

                True story:

                I attended the Antwerp Scifi Fantasy Horror Convention today, and was run over by screaming fangirls.

                Screaming fangirls: "OMG!! OMG!! It's the Doctor! SQUEE!!"
                Me: *gulp*
                Screaming fangirls: "Can we take a picture with you?"

                And here I was thinking that putting on my Doctor Who was a safe bet - no one recognizes the Doctor anyway.

                Soooo... I was wrong.
                You're welcome.

                Where's a police box or what ever the Doctor flies through time and space in when you need one?
                I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

                Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

                Comment


                  Originally posted by mandogater View Post
                  You're welcome.

                  Where's a police box or what ever the Doctor flies through time and space in when you need one?
                  don't know i'll be sure to put an APB on it. and remember it's bigger on the inside.

                  Comment


                    Originally posted by Brie View Post
                    And yay, I finally crossed the 2,000 posts line today and I get to add in my own avatar, I just haven’t made any new once lately so I guess I’ll use this older one (which isn’t that great and a bit blurry) for now:

                    Congrats on topping 2,000 posts, Brie!
                    I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

                    Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

                    Comment


                      Originally posted by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard View Post
                      don't know i'll be sure to put an APB on it. and remember it's bigger on the inside.
                      I have yet to watch a full episode of Doctor Who, so I'll take your word for it.
                      I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

                      Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

                      Comment


                        Originally posted by mandogater View Post
                        I have yet to watch a full episode of Doctor Who, so I'll take your word for it.
                        Blasphemer! You must rectify that at once.

                        Mornin' Sparkies. I'm ready for a good Sparky day. So, what can we determine from the little Sparky bits we got from The Brotherhood? I think that one was a good team episode. I loved how they all worked together, though I found Rodney a bit more snappy than usual. Who wrote that one? *runs to check* Gero, huh? That surprises me, but again I think he found Rodney's extreme snarkiness attractive. Personally, I prefer him a bit more toned down.
                        sigpic

                        Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

                        Comment


                          Morning Sparkys, well afternoon for me.

                          Comment


                            Happy afternoon everyone!

                            Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                            Mornin' Sparkies. I'm ready for a good Sparky day. So, what can we determine from the little Sparky bits we got from The Brotherhood? I think that one was a good team episode. I loved how they all worked together, though I found Rodney a bit more snappy than usual. Who wrote that one? *runs to check* Gero, huh? That surprises me, but again I think he found Rodney's extreme snarkiness attractive. Personally, I prefer him a bit more toned down.
                            Gero huh? I don’t think he would have been my first guess, though maybe it should be. I did enjoy the episode and in a way I liked the structure of it, and by that I mean the it had like two plot lines, the Shep’s team one and the one with the people back on Atlantis, but sad part was that they were really different which didn’t always work well, besides while I didn’t mind the Shep’s team part of the episode the parts that took place on Atlantis were more interesting and should have gotten more attention since it actually was the first episode that really was leading them up to ‘The Siege’ and also since the Shep’s team part didn’t lead anywhere other then pissing of Kolya even more not to mention pissing of more locals, but I kind of got it at the same time since they probably didn’t want to reveal to much about the upcoming wraith threat and they had to do some episode that took especially John away from Atlantis but also Rodney, and while I don’t know if it was planed that way but it did give Zelenka and Beckett and the others their moment to shine for a while.
                            sigpic

                            Comment


                              Originally posted by Brie View Post
                              Happy afternoon everyone!



                              Gero huh? I don’t think he would have been my first guess, though maybe it should be. I did enjoy the episode and in a way I liked the structure of it, and by that I mean the it had like two plot lines, the Shep’s team one and the one with the people back on Atlantis, but sad part was that they were really different which didn’t always work well, besides while I didn’t mind the Shep’s team part of the episode the parts that took place on Atlantis were more interesting and should have gotten more attention since it actually was the first episode that really was leading them up to ‘The Siege’ and also since the Shep’s team part didn’t lead anywhere other then pissing of Kolya even more not to mention pissing of more locals, but I kind of got it at the same time since they probably didn’t want to reveal to much about the upcoming wraith threat and they had to do some episode that took especially John away from Atlantis but also Rodney, and while I don’t know if it was planed that way but it did give Zelenka and Beckett and the others their moment to shine for a while.
                              Whew, that was a long sentence, but I agree. I was surprised too that it was Gero but then I remembered it coming out that in S1 he got a lot of help with his writing from Brad Wright and others. It was only later when they turned him loose that things went awry.

                              They never did get very successful with the two plot line thing IMHO. Take Critical Mass for example. I think the Athosian story line just brought the action to a screeching halt in that one. Trinity was a little bit better because the Ronon/Teyla part was interesting and had a bit of action.
                              sigpic

                              Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

                              Comment


                                Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Canon Monday!

                                Heading off later to an appointment with my ophthalmologist for an eye exam. So I probably won't be back on until much later this afternoon or evening after the drops they use to dilate my eyes have worn off.

                                Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                                Blasphemer! You must rectify that at once.

                                Mornin' Sparkies. I'm ready for a good Sparky day. So, what can we determine from the little Sparky bits we got from The Brotherhood? I think that one was a good team episode. I loved how they all worked together, though I found Rodney a bit more snappy than usual. Who wrote that one? *runs to check* Gero, huh? That surprises me, but again I think he found Rodney's extreme snarkiness attractive. Personally, I prefer him a bit more toned down.
                                I have to say I prefer McKay a little more toned down as well. In situations like the one the team found themselves in during The Brotherhood, a bit more snappiness does work to show just how tense things are getting. But most of the time, McKay can be a little less snarky but still be his irritable self.

                                Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                                Whew, that was a long sentence, but I agree. I was surprised too that it was Gero but then I remembered it coming out that in S1 he got a lot of help with his writing from Brad Wright and others. It was only later when they turned him loose that things went awry.
                                *snorts*

                                Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                                They never did get very successful with the two plot line thing IMHO. Take Critical Mass for example. I think the Athosian story line just brought the action to a screeching halt in that one. Trinity was a little bit better because the Ronon/Teyla part was interesting and had a bit of action.
                                It's unfortunate that they never really got the knack of a two plotline episode. They can be tricky, to be true, but effective when done well. It's rather curious that the storyline on Dagan was interesting up until Kolya showed up. Then they took too much time running around trying to figure out the rest of the puzzle with Kolya making threat after threat. It got tedious, and going back to Atlantis to see their sticky situation with the Wraith scout was a relief. That said, leaving Kolya alive was a masterstroke, as it allowed for further development of the rivalry between Sheppard and his greatest arch-nemesis. Though as I said yesterday, it was disappointing that they never revisited the loose ends of the new Brotherhood with Alina and their hidden ZPM. That story just screams to be resolved.
                                (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                                Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X