Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
    That's brilliant.



    What the frell do you need 89 pairs of shoes for?!?

    I'm a woman with maybe 4 pairs of shoes (of which 2 pairs are actually the same sort of walking shoes, just a different color and different size - I kid you not).



    LOL - I can see Teyla's face going all , wondering why anyone would need more pair of shoes for than can be worn on any given day.
    Originally posted by ShWeir View Post
    I never see the point in a load of shoes or clothes. I wear practicle stuff. Really I don't get the need for a load of shoes!
    It's very simple. One needs shoes for all seasons in dressy and casual. For example:
    pumps: closed toe in black, bone, brown, camel, navy and white; open toe and/or slingback in the same colors; add red for fun in each and/or some two-toned ones

    dressy casual: mid heels in all the above colors for winter in leather, suede, fabric with assorted trims; platforms in the above colors and any other shades you need to match various outfits; ballet slippers with assorted decorations on the toe plus the new trendy animal prints and colorful espadrilles for summer.

    casual: flats for winter; flipflops for summer in various colors and patterns with fun trims. I have over a dozen flip flops alone.

    boots: see above colors; plus UGGS and snow boots

    sneakers: exercise shoes, walking shoes and canvas shoes to wear inside only that match your sweats

    sandals: casual and dressy in various colors including gold, silver and bronze and varying heels

    That's all I can think of for now, but you see it would be easy to have several dozen pairs at least. Now I'm wondering how you people function with so few shoes to choose from.

    Originally posted by Madness reigns View Post
    Excellent as always.
    Last edited by Southern Red; 03 May 2012, 06:04 PM. Reason: forgot a bunch of shoes
    sigpic

    Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

    Comment


      Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
      It's very simple. One needs shoes for all seasons in dressy and casual. For example:
      pumps: closed toe in black, bone, brown, camel, navy and white; open toe and/or slingback in the same colors; add red for fun in each and/or some two-toned ones

      dressy casual: mid heels in all the above colors for winter in leather, suede, fabric with assorted trims; platforms in the above colors and any other shades you need to match various outfits; ballet slippers with assorted decorations on the toe plus the new trendy animal prints and colorful espadrilles for summer.

      casual: flats for winter; flipflops for summer in various colors and patterns with fun trims. I have over a dozen flip flops alone.

      boots: see above colors; plus UGGS and snow boots

      sneakers: exercise shoes, walking shoes and canvas shoes to wear inside only that match your sweats

      sandals: casual and dressy in various colors including gold, silver and bronze and varying heels

      That's all I can think of for now, but you see it would be easy to have several dozen pairs at least. Now I'm wondering how you people function with so few shoes to choose from.
      We manage.
      (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
      Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

      Comment


        Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
        I'm a woman with maybe 4 pairs of shoes (of which 2 pairs are actually the same sort of walking shoes, just a different color and different size - I kid you not).

        LOL - I can see Teyla's face going all , wondering why anyone would need more pair of shoes for than can be worn on any given day.
        Anybody know of any fics were she asks Kate or Elizabeth about that or any other Earth customs. I can almost picture the confused looks on Kate and Elizabeth's faces as they try to explain to Teyla why they need so many pairs of shoes.
        Last edited by mandogater; 03 May 2012, 09:25 PM.
        I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

        Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

        Comment


          Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
          Frell & frak - I use them on a daily basis.
          Reminds me of a bad day I had a couple years ago. I ended up distracting myself by trying to come up with a way to use every single curse word I know from a scifi uinverse in a sentence. Kept me busy all day.
          I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

          Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

          Comment


            Originally posted by Madness reigns View Post
            MORE SPARKY ART!!!!


            Love it, Madness reigns!!!
            I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

            Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

            Comment


              Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
              It's very simple. One needs shoes for all seasons in dressy and casual. For example:
              pumps: closed toe in black, bone, brown, camel, navy and white; open toe and/or slingback in the same colors; add red for fun in each and/or some two-toned ones

              dressy casual: mid heels in all the above colors for winter in leather, suede, fabric with assorted trims; platforms in the above colors and any other shades you need to match various outfits; ballet slippers with assorted decorations on the toe plus the new trendy animal prints and colorful espadrilles for summer.

              casual: flats for winter; flipflops for summer in various colors and patterns with fun trims. I have over a dozen flip flops alone.

              boots: see above colors; plus UGGS and snow boots

              sneakers: exercise shoes, walking shoes and canvas shoes to wear inside only that match your sweats

              sandals: casual and dressy in various colors including gold, silver and bronze and varying heels

              That's all I can think of for now, but you see it would be easy to have several dozen pairs at least. Now I'm wondering how you people function with so few shoes to choose from.



              Excellent as always.
              I still don't see the point is so many shoes!

              Comment


                Hello everyone and I hope you're all having a better friday then I have. My computer is acting up again since the people who make the computer doesn't seem to have a clue of what they are doing since even if it said that there was something wrong with the memory they still didn't fix it, and now, on top of that, there is also something wrong with my new phone, either I'm just really unlucky when it comes to technological stuff or someone is out to get me because this is getting ridiculous and frustrating.

                But enough of that, I do hope that if I have to send my computer to get it repaired again that I still get to borrow someone elses computer again as well but if not then that's that.

                Looking at some Sparky pics though always cheer me up.

                Originally posted by Madness reigns View Post
                Awesome and beautiful artwork.
                sigpic

                Comment


                  Originally posted by Brie View Post
                  Hello everyone and I hope you're all having a better friday then I have. My computer is acting up again since the people who make the computer doesn't seem to have a clue of what they are doing since even if it said that there was something wrong with the memory they still didn't fix it, and now, on top of that, there is also something wrong with my new phone, either I'm just really unlucky when it comes to technological stuff or someone is out to get me because this is getting ridiculous and frustrating.

                  But enough of that, I do hope that if I have to send my computer to get it repaired again that I still get to borrow someone elses computer again as well but if not then that's that.

                  Looking at some Sparky pics though always cheer me up.



                  Awesome and beautiful artwork.
                  I feel your pain. My computer is maxed out on memory, so trying to do something like Photoshop crashes it. Mr. SR's computer is now refusing to boot up, and don't even get me started on the SGA-Rising site problems. It's a technology failure worldwide.
                  sigpic

                  Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

                  Comment


                    Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Pretty Friday!

                    *hugs Brie and SR* Sorry to hear about all the computers on the fritz right now. I've been there and done that in the past, so I know it sucks harder than a black hole. *starts putting up garlic and lighting candles to ward off any bad-tech vibes from hitting me*
                    (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                    Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

                    Comment


                      Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                      Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Pretty Friday!

                      *hugs Brie and SR* Sorry to hear about all the computers on the fritz right now. I've been there and done that in the past, so I know it sucks harder than a black hole. *starts putting up garlic and lighting candles to ward off any bad-tech vibes from hitting me*
                      Evidently it's not just the computers. I got caught in a horrendous downpour at the grocery store, and while waiting for it to slack up I met a lovely lady who had locked her keys in her car. Then I banged into the shopping cart holder thingy and scratched the paint on my car.

                      But something funny happened at Bed Bath and Beyond. I bought placemats and the cute little checkout boy asked me what they were and what were they for. I had to explain in detail how you use them. Born in a barn perhaps? Not from this galaxy?
                      sigpic

                      Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

                      Comment


                        Well, I just got some fun news that my order on some of the SGA audio books, like ‘A Necessary Evil’ is in so I’m going to go and pick it up tomorrow.

                        Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                        Evidently it's not just the computers. I got caught in a horrendous downpour at the grocery store, and while waiting for it to slack up I met a lovely lady who had locked her keys in her car. Then I banged into the shopping cart holder thingy and scratched the paint on my car.

                        But something funny happened at Bed Bath and Beyond. I bought placemats and the cute little checkout boy asked me what they were and what were they for. I had to explain in detail how you use them. Born in a barn perhaps? Not from this galaxy?
                        The first thing you mentioned sucks but the other thing was kind of cute though I don’t know how he doesn’t know what placemats are.
                        sigpic

                        Comment


                          Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                          Evidently it's not just the computers. I got caught in a horrendous downpour at the grocery store, and while waiting for it to slack up I met a lovely lady who had locked her keys in her car. Then I banged into the shopping cart holder thingy and scratched the paint on my car.
                          Ouch! That sucks!

                          Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                          But something funny happened at Bed Bath and Beyond. I bought placemats and the cute little checkout boy asked me what they were and what were they for. I had to explain in detail how you use them. Born in a barn perhaps? Not from this galaxy?
                          OMG, how can he not know what placemats are? Didn't his mother ever use them?

                          Originally posted by Brie View Post
                          Well, I just got some fun news that my order on some of the SGA audio books, like ‘A Necessary Evil’ is in so I’m going to go and pick it up tomorrow.
                          Awesome! I hope you like them!
                          (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                          Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

                          Comment


                            Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                            Ouch! That sucks!



                            OMG, how can he not know what placemats are? Didn't his mother ever use them?



                            Awesome! I hope you like them!
                            IKR, he still looked a bit confused when I left and had a "But why would you need these when you have a perfectly good table?" look on his face. Sad state of affairs, I'd say. Even if you had only seen them on TV, you should know what they are and how they are used. Wonder what other products that store sells that confuse him. *snort*
                            sigpic

                            Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

                            Comment


                              Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                              IKR, he still looked a bit confused when I left and had a "But why would you need these when you have a perfectly good table?" look on his face. Sad state of affairs, I'd say. Even if you had only seen them on TV, you should know what they are and how they are used. Wonder what other products that store sells that confuse him. *snort*
                              Oh, goodness. The degradation of our youth continues. *shakes head*
                              (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                              Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

                              Comment


                                My contribution to Pretty Friday (On a roll this week )

                                sigpic
                                Thank you ladygris for my lovely sig and avi

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X