Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Part 2
    Spoiler:
    “I can’t believe he’s gone,” sobbed Teyla into the shoulder of her best friend in the world days later when she was finally able to leave her quarters.

“It will be alright eventually, Teyla,” said Kate. “I’ll do everything I can to help you through this.”

“I don’t know what I’d do without you, Kate,” said Teyla as she continued to sob into Kate’s shoulder.

Kate, unable to control her longing any longer, gave in and kissed Teyla on the forehead. When Teyla looked up in surprise Kate kissed her full on the month.

“I think I should go now, Kate,” said a completely confused Teyla.

“Teyla, I . . .”

“I’ll talk to you later, Kate,” was all Teyla managed to say as she made a beeline to Dr. Elizabeth Weir’s quarters. Elizabeth had been her guide to all things Earth and right now she desperately need her guidance.

“I need your help, Elizabeth,” said Teyla as soon as her friend opened the door.

“What’s wrong, Teyla?” asked John as he wandered out of the bathroom pretending he and Elizabeth hadn’t been up to anything before they were interrupted.

“I think this is one of those girl talk moments you hate so much, John,” countered Elizabeth after studying Teyla’s face.

“Right,” said John while retreating from the room. He felt closer to the both of them than his own family but he knew he was way out of his depth and left in a hurry. “You know where to find me if you need me, ladies.”

“Yes, John,” they both said while smiling at his antics.

“What seems to be the problem, Teyla?” asked Elizabeth once the doors closed behind John.

“Kate kissed me and I really liked it,” came her succinct answered.

“How do the Athosians feel about same-sex relationships?” asked Elizabeth sensing the root of Teyla’s discomfort.

“Any relationship that doesn’t produce children in defiance of the Wraith is considered cursed by the Ancestors,” explained Teyla.

“We’re not quite that bad on Earth,“ explained Elizabeth. “Some people hate the idea with a passion and others don’t have any problem with it whatsoever. For me, it all boils down to one thing. The heart wants what it wants. What does your heart want, Teyla?”

“Kanaan felt safe,” began Teyla. “Kate feels like … I don’t know. I lost all capacity for rational thought and saw sparks when she kissed me.”

“I know the feeling,” said Elizabeth.

“Is that why John calls you Sparky?” asked Teyla with a huge grin.

“We’re not talking about me,” was Elizabeth’s response. “We’re talking about you and Kate.”

“I will make you a deal, Elizabeth,” began Teyla. “I will see what happens with Kate if you and John will quit dancing around your feelings for each other.”

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

“So that’s why Uncle John and Aunt ‘lizbeth decided to make Aiden,” said Torren before getting back to the subject at hand. “I’m sad I never got to know my father but I’m glad you took the chance. You make each other very happy.”

Before either of them could respond, the door chimed to admit the mischief twins, also known as Captain Laura Cadman and Amelia Banks. They were soon followed by Elizabeth and Dr. Jennifer Keller.

“You’re kidding me,” said Laura as she entered their quarters. “He still hasn’t left his lab?”

“He won’t even let me in,” complained Jennifer. “Rodney says he won’t leave his lab until he figures out how you two dyed his hair bright pink.”

“Serves him right for calling Ronon the caveman in front of me,” griped Amelia. Laura’s greatest thrill in life was messing with Rodney and she had found the perfect partner in crime in Amelia.

“Are you ready, Torren?” called John as the door opened for him, Aiden and Ronon. “We should let the ladies have their alone time.”

“Sure thing, Uncle John.”

“Just what are you planning for tonight, John?” asked Teyla in her best you will watch over my son or else voice.

“Since we’re back in a galaxy far, far away, I was thinking Star Wars and junk food,” said John. “You ladies have fun.”
    I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

Good morning, Sparkyville!

Yay, mandogater! Of course, the beta in me just noticed a mistake I missed. Drats!

In other news, I'm a moron. Because the students are testing in two groups, one today and one tomorrow, the classes aren't really doing anything. And I left my laptop at home.

Back to writing on my iPod, I guess.

Comment

Originally posted by ShipperWriter View Post
        I thought it was ironic, in "Before I Sleep", that OldLizzeh first said, "Life is quick," then a few minutes later she said, "The best part of my life -- it's just beginning ... I have years ahead of me still."

Oh, Elizabeth.

Anyhoodle, in OT MaidOfHonor news:
        Spoiler:
        My sister was shopping and found the bridesmaid's dress in a size closer to me, so I may be able to wear the dress I wanted after all! So happy!

Here's the dress:
        Spoiler:
        Love the dress. That's a very flattering style, and I'm sure you will look beautiful in it.

The fic was great. Can't wait to see what John is up to.

Originally posted by mandogater View Post
        Part 2
        Spoiler:
        “I can’t believe he’s gone,” sobbed Teyla into the shoulder of her best friend in the world days later when she was finally able to leave her quarters.

“It will be alright eventually, Teyla,” said Kate. “I’ll do everything I can to help you through this.”

“I don’t know what I’d do without you, Kate,” said Teyla as she continued to sob into Kate’s shoulder.

Kate, unable to control her longing any longer, gave in and kissed Teyla on the forehead. When Teyla looked up in surprise Kate kissed her full on the month.

“I think I should go now, Kate,” said a completely confused Teyla.

“Teyla, I . . .”

“I’ll talk to you later, Kate,” was all Teyla managed to say as she made a beeline to Dr. Elizabeth Weir’s quarters. Elizabeth had been her guide to all things Earth and right now she desperately need her guidance.

“I need your help, Elizabeth,” said Teyla as soon as her friend opened the door.

“What’s wrong, Teyla?” asked John as he wandered out of the bathroom pretending he and Elizabeth hadn’t been up to anything before they were interrupted.

“I think this is one of those girl talk moments you hate so much, John,” countered Elizabeth after studying Teyla’s face.

“Right,” said John while retreating from the room. He felt closer to the both of them than his own family but he knew he was way out of his depth and left in a hurry. “You know where to find me if you need me, ladies.”

“Yes, John,” they both said while smiling at his antics.

“What seems to be the problem, Teyla?” asked Elizabeth once the doors closed behind John.

“Kate kissed me and I really liked it,” came her succinct answered.

“How do the Athosians feel about same-sex relationships?” asked Elizabeth sensing the root of Teyla’s discomfort.

“Any relationship that doesn’t produce children in defiance of the Wraith is considered cursed by the Ancestors,” explained Teyla.

“We’re not quite that bad on Earth,“ explained Elizabeth. “Some people hate the idea with a passion and others don’t have any problem with it whatsoever. For me, it all boils down to one thing. The heart wants what it wants. What does your heart want, Teyla?”

“Kanaan felt safe,” began Teyla. “Kate feels like … I don’t know. I lost all capacity for rational thought and saw sparks when she kissed me.”

“I know the feeling,” said Elizabeth.

“Is that why John calls you Sparky?” asked Teyla with a huge grin.

“We’re not talking about me,” was Elizabeth’s response. “We’re talking about you and Kate.”

“I will make you a deal, Elizabeth,” began Teyla. “I will see what happens with Kate if you and John will quit dancing around your feelings for each other.”

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

“So that’s why Uncle John and Aunt ‘lizbeth decided to make Aiden,” said Torren before getting back to the subject at hand. “I’m sad I never got to know my father but I’m glad you took the chance. You make each other very happy.”

Before either of them could respond, the door chimed to admit the mischief twins, also known as Captain Laura Cadman and Amelia Banks. They were soon followed by Elizabeth and Dr. Jennifer Keller.

“You’re kidding me,” said Laura as she entered their quarters. “He still hasn’t left his lab?”

“He won’t even let me in,” complained Jennifer. “Rodney says he won’t leave his lab until he figures out how you two dyed his hair bright pink.”

“Serves him right for calling Ronon the caveman in front of me,” griped Amelia. Laura’s greatest thrill in life was messing with Rodney and she had found the perfect partner in crime in Amelia.

“Are you ready, Torren?” called John as the door opened for him, Aiden and Ronon. “We should let the ladies have their alone time.”

“Sure thing, Uncle John.”

“Just what are you planning for tonight, John?” asked Teyla in her best you will watch over my son or else voice.

“Since we’re back in a galaxy far, far away, I was thinking Star Wars and junk food,” said John. “You ladies have fun.”
        That Torren sure is a mature little 5 year old. And I'm thinking John and Elizabeth may have already stopped dancing around their feelings.
        sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Hello everyone!

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
          Oh, I'm sure there had to be a missing scene somewhere along the line. I imagine someone was staying with OldLizzeh the whole time whenever she was asleep, and I can see John staying with her whenever YoungLizzeh had to go off and do "leader stuff," McKay was off checking out the gate addresses or other things having to do with the information OldLizzeh was giving them, or when Carson was taking care of other patients. John probably got his chance to talk with OldLizzeh at some point when she woke up before the others came back. Maybe he gave her a little gentle teasing about how good she looked for her age... OldLizzeh seemed to focus on YoungLizzeh working so hard, so John might have told OldLizzeh about everything YoungLizzeh was running around trying to get done. That sort of thing.
          Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
          Yep, from that line about John telling her it was her birthday, it's obvious he spoke with her at some point. I never heard anything about a missing scene or a deleted scene. I think we were supposed to just assume that it happened, and it's left to our imagination to guess how and when, which makes it even better.
          I like those ideas and I can imagine him jumping at the chance to help out since I think he felt rather helpless on behalf of his other self so to speak. It was also obvious that he isn’t always thrilled about the amount of work she took on and I can imagine him telling Old-Liz about it knowing that maybe she is the only one who could get through to her.
          I still wish that we could have seen that scene but I guess it’s just one of many things that happened behind the scenes that we’re supposed to guess what happened, TPTB were always really good with those.

A little treat for everybody. I'm still working on it. I don't like to post it until I have a "part" written, which averages at three chapters, but I jumped around a little with my last set, so there's just gonna be one huge chapter. With some -- what I think -- interesting stuff.

But enough about me. SPARKY!

Spoiler:
          The sound of the wind rustling through the village awakened Elizabeth. The worst of the storm had passed overnight, and her nightmare hadn’t recurred. Her head was still on John’s shoulder, and she blinked in groggy confusion before she remembered how he had pulled her over last night to make sure she actually got to sleep a little.

To be honest, it was the best she had slept in a long time. It was a shame she couldn’t ask Carson to prescribe the handsome man to take her to bed each night.

She silenced a chuckle at the thought, and another one at the imagined look on Carson’s face if she ever brought it up. The Ambien didn’t really help her that much anymore; she still took it, following Carson’s orders, but the medication would only last for so long until it wore off in the morning and she woke up in a sweat, panicking after yet another nightmare, another bad night of sleep.

After a while, she had just decided on less sleep. Less chance for her dreams to turn evil on her.

John’s chest rose and fell easily as he breathed. She craned her neck to see if he was still sleeping and met his hazel eyes. “Morning,” he greeted softly, a ghost of a smile crossing his face.

“Morning,” she replied, almost shyly as she laid her head against his chest again. She brushed her cheek against the fabric of the black T-shirt that he wore, wiping away a rogue tear before she spoke again. Where did that come from? “When did you--”

“Right after you did,” he answered, pulling his arms a little tighter around her.

The diplomat knew that she should have pushed away. They needed to get up soon. There was work to be done. But the woman still needed the solace. The comfort that she got from being in someone’s embrace was a feeling that she hadn’t even realized she had missed until John had pulled her to him last night. But this was temporary; they had only gotten this close due to the pretense of being married, and they wouldn’t be on M51-936 for long.

So she pressed into his side again and looked up at him.

He was staring at the ceiling, but after a blink he looked back at Elizabeth. “You okay?” he whispered.

“Better than I was,” she let herself admit while her guard was still down.

He looked at her, a worried frown covering his face. “So … every time that Atlantis has a storm like that?”

She exhaled and nodded.

Then she cleared her throat, and the eleven year old girl who was scared of thunderstorms faded. She finally pulled away from John and laid flat on the bed.

Don’t let yourself get so close, Elizabeth. When you realize how temporary this really is, it will only hurt you.

John lay still for a moment, and she anxiously wondered if maybe he misunderstood what she did. Surely, he knew as well as she did that while the overnight nearness was needed and appreciated, it was temporary. She bit her lip in consternation.

He finally stretched, letting out a low groan, then let his arms drop to the covers with a thud. Then he sat up against the headboard and chuckled.

“What?”

John had a smug look on his face. “So two things got accomplished last night.”

“Oh?”

He nodded, adjusting the pillow behind him. “You got a full night of sleep, despite the storm.”

Elizabeth held up a hand, extending two fingers. “And the second?”

He chuckled. “I know what we can do for the Fa’torians that would make this a beneficial trade.”

Her eyes widened. “Really? And what’s that?”

John just smiled.
          Great new chapter. I love this fic and the whole idea and I’m really looking forward to reading more.

I thought it was ironic, in "Before I Sleep", that OldLizzeh first said, "Life is quick," then a few minutes later she said, "The best part of my life -- it's just beginning ... I have years ahead of me still."

Oh, Elizabeth.

Anyhoodle, in OT MaidOfHonor news:
          Spoiler:
          My sister was shopping and found the bridesmaid's dress in a size closer to me, so I may be able to wear the dress I wanted after all! So happy!

Here's the dress:
          Spoiler:

(And no, that's not me... )
          It was really mean to have that in there, even though I guess at the time they didn’t know it still sucks.

I also love the dress, it’s really beautiful.

I’m going to take the time to read your fic a little later today, Mandogater, but I’m looking forward to it.
          sigpic

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Canon Monday!

Awww, Torren's such a cutie in your fic, mandogater! Clever, clever little boy! *huggles him tight* Poor Kanaan, though. *wibbles* And John is just soooo obvious. *snickers*
            (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
            Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Ok just got back from work (it's 17:00 over in England) first thing I wanna do is come on this forum and bring on the Spark!

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Canon Monday!

Awww, Torren's such a cutie in your fic, mandogater! Clever, clever little boy! *huggles him tight* Poor Kanaan, though. *wibbles* And John is just soooo obvious. *snickers*
                Torren is gonna be smarter than McKay one of these days. *cackles*

Trying to make arrangements for the wedding shower. People asking what food to bring and the like is making me wish I had stopped at Starbucks this morning. ACK!

Anyhoodle. Time for some Sparky prettehness:

Comment

And a GIF I stole from somewhere ... seriously need to figure out how to make them myself!

Comment

I noticed something when we were watching the ‘Before I Sleep’ episode and that is the camera angle in the final infirmary scene.

When Old-Liz wakes up it looks like she is looking at them from this angle (with John’s back towards her)

But when they move towards her it appears that it was Carson that was standing with his back towards her:

Nothing spectacular but noticeable none the less.

Now I'm off to dinner with family, have a good day everyone and I might be back later, depending on how late it gets, otherwise I'll be back tomorrow.
                    sigpic

Comment

Trying to make arrangements for the wedding shower. People asking what food to bring and the like is making me wish I had stopped at Starbucks this morning. ACK!

http://i1231.photobucket.com/albums/...IMG_0031-1.jpg
                      Just tell them all to bring a dessert. Problem solved.

Originally posted by Brie View Post
                      I noticed something when we were watching the ‘Before I Sleep’ episode and that is the camera angle in the final infirmary scene.

When Old-Liz wakes up it looks like she is looking at them from this angle (with John’s back towards her)

http://i47.tinypic.com/1zcmjc5.jpg

But when they move towards her it appears that it was Carson that was standing with his back towards her:

http://i49.tinypic.com/29nujbc.jpg

Nothing spectacular but noticeable none the less.

Now I'm off to dinner with family, have a good day everyone and I might be back later, depending on how late it gets, otherwise I'll be back tomorrow.
                      Maybe they started the shot with the POV behind John and then moved to the old lady? Who knows? But I did notice John and Elizabeth standing very close, almost elbow to elbow.
                      sigpic

Comment

Is the forum running a little slow for everyone else right now, or is it just me?

Anyway, there's a bit of sad Stargate news today: Joel Goldsmith, the music composer for all three Stargate series, passed away yesterday. His music really helped to give Stargate it's identity; I've been listening to the SGA soundtrack this morning and am struck again by just how well the music fits each scene it was written for. I can listen to "The Rising" and perfectly picture the images of Atlantis rising from the waves, and feel shivers all over. What a great talent that's going to be sorely missed.

http://i1231.photobucket.com/albums/...IMG_0031-1.jpg
                        *sighs and hugs the picture*
                        (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                        Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Is the forum running a little slow for everyone else right now, or is it just me?

Anyway, there's a bit of sad Stargate news today: Joel Goldsmith, the music composer for all three Stargate series, passed away yesterday. His music really helped to give Stargate it's identity; I've been listening to the SGA soundtrack this morning and am struck again by just how well the music fits each scene it was written for. I can listen to "The Rising" and perfectly picture the images of Atlantis rising from the waves, and feel shivers all over. What a great talent that's going to be sorely missed.

*sighs and hugs the picture*
                          It's working fine for me.

Ditto on Joel Goldsmith. Those beautiful melodies he wrote for Sparky really set the tone also.
                          sigpic

Comment

Not having any problems with GW here... with my evening class on the other hand. My teacher just admitted that he doesn't like to teach...

As if we hadn't noticed that yet... [/end sarcasm]

And he really ticked me off too. I think I'm gonna watch The Gift later... Kate can make me feel better.
                            Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

sigpic
                              My Favorite Scifi/Fantasy T.V. Shows, Movies, Franchises, My Sports Teams & My Fav Sitcom
                              poundpuppy29 AKA Erika = Astrology Nut, Scifi-Fantasy Junkie & Massachusetts Girl

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                                Maybe they started the shot with the POV behind John and then moved to the old lady? Who knows? But I did notice John and Elizabeth standing very close, almost elbow to elbow.
                                It’s possible, and it doesn’t really matter, I was just curies about how they were thinking with it but since it’s TPTB there might not even be an actual answer anywhere *lol*, you’re right about Sparky though, they always unconsciously leans towards one another.

That’s such sad news. He was such a great composer and his music will live on.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X