Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Soulster View Post
    Not quite there yet ... Married a few months (September) after I turned 23 (May) ... but It is approaching soon. (Too soon if you ask me) I guess I can be another Auntie ...
    This was our 37th. But then we got married when we were 12...so...*snort* There's always room for another auntie.

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
    Happy Anniversary to Mr. and Mrs. SR!

*sorry you had an accident! That kind of thing was why I had to take my mom's license away. At a certain point it just happens.

Brie - I'm sorry your computer died out.

FH - I don't have a Mac either. I'm too cheap. I don't take good care of my computers so I'd rather have something disposable.
    Thanks for that. I'm not quite there yet though. I like to think I'm young at heart. Mr. SR said the lady who hit me would probably not tell anyone because she knows she has no business driving. It was one of those huuuuge American cars also that's like driving a tank, and she probably weighed 90 lbs soaking wet. I doubt you could even see her over the steering wheel.

I hope I remembered to thank everyone for the lovely congratulations. You guys are the best. Mr. SR brought me flowers and I made chocolate mousse, so it was altogether a good day.
    sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
      This was our 37th. But then we got married when we were 12...so...*snort* There's always room for another auntie.
      Well I was alive. I was only a baby, but... Oh you know you love me anyway. No? Crap. I'll bribe you with some sexy John:

Spoiler:

Thanks for that. I'm not quite there yet though. I like to think I'm young at heart. Mr. SR said the lady who hit me would probably not tell anyone because she knows she has no business driving. It was one of those huuuuge American cars also that's like driving a tank, and she probably weighed 90 lbs soaking wet. I doubt you could even see her over the steering wheel.

I hope I remembered to thank everyone for the lovely congratulations. You guys are the best. Mr. SR brought me flowers and I made chocolate mousse, so it was altogether a good day.
      We had one of those cars in San Diego... a Ford something or other. My friend worried about it backing up and pulling in because it was so strange to have a car like that again. My first car was an 86 Buick Century - I named it The Tank.

Flowers and chocolate mousse? Sounds like a good day!
      Last edited by JT-2; 29 March 2012, 05:41 PM. Reason: How did I forget a pic of Vegas? Bad JT!

Comment

howdy folks just want to let you guys all know that for the next 11 days i am on spring break and i am going to be on here every single day.

Comment

I'm awake way too late. Oops. Went to dinner with family and friends, stayed way too late, took a cat nap on the way home, and now am slightly wired.

So someone just made my day -- this comment got posted on the "Sparks Fly" video I made a few weeks ago:

I am sooo NOT a sparky fan.. but I loved this.. I the music was perfect!!! very well done.
          Heh. Maybe they'll convert.

Playing around with Elements. Still confusing me a little, but I'll try and get the hang of it. Gonna see about making a movie with Premiere, since I downloaded the trial version for 30 days. We'll see what comes of this!

EDIT: There went my buzz. Night!

Comment

Okay, I haven't been here in a while:

Happy Anniversary to SR!!! You forget, I've seen your picture, you don't look like you've been married longer than I've been alive

Congrats on the 22,000 posts Falcon Horus!!! You've been a good friend and GW mentor to me, even if I haven't always returned the favour. You're appreciated, even if it mightn't feel that way sometimes.

Atlantis Rising is going gangbusters. I've been suprised by how well these eps translate on paper. What I've also been surprised by (in hindsight, although it didn't really occur to me until I started writing this) is how well the all-female (so far) writing staff have managed to blend character and action arcs. Take note, PTW. There's been some EPIC stuff happen so far that would have been AWESOME to see on screen. So for all of those that haven't read any, shoo, go now, read
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by gateraid View Post

Happy Anniversary to SR!!! You forget, I've seen your picture, you don't look like you've been married longer than I've been alive

Congrats on the 22,000 posts Falcon Horus!!! You've been a good friend and GW mentor to me, even if I haven't always returned the favour. You're appreciated, even if it mightn't feel that way sometimes.

Atlantis Rising is going gangbusters. I've been suprised by how well these eps translate on paper. What I've also been surprised by (in hindsight, although it didn't really occur to me until I started writing this) is how well the all-female (so far) writing staff have managed to blend character and action arcs. Take note, PTW. There's been some EPIC stuff happen so far that would have been AWESOME to see on screen. So for all of those that haven't read any, shoo, go now, read
              Ha, how do you know the pic you've seen of me wasn't taken 20 years ago?

Thanks for talking up SGA-R. We've had a few set backs recently, but I've been assured that the next episode will be ready sometime in April. So there may be light at the end of this very long tunnel.

I think our writers have addressed some of the plot holes and worked out some issues brilliantly. Some of the very things that I've read complaints about from readers of other continuations of the show have been resolved nicely in our series. It's not a romance novel. It's not too heavy on the techie stuff. It doesn't favor one character or pairing to the exclusion of all others. And the characters are true to the show and canon is respected even when we don't like it.

Personally, before I take on my next beta task, I'm going to reread it from the beginning.
              sigpic

Comment

Hello everyone! I guess if it's one thing everyone in the world can sympathise with it's when your computer decide to not work the way you want it too. And I'äve been thinking of buying a mac but the computer I have no isn't that old yet so it will have to be my next one in a few years.

JT-2 - Love the pics of John, but then again, is there any bad pics of him.

ShipperWriter - I'm looking forward to see what you will create.
                sigpic

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Pretty Friday!

gateraid, have I told you lately that you are totally AWESOME? *mad hugs*

Ha, how do you know the pic you've seen of me wasn't taken 20 years ago?

Thanks for talking up SGA-R. We've had a few set backs recently, but I've been assured that the next episode will be ready sometime in April. So there may be light at the end of this very long tunnel.

I think our writers have addressed some of the plot holes and worked out some issues brilliantly. Some of the very things that I've read complaints about from readers of other continuations of the show have been resolved nicely in our series. It's not a romance novel. It's not too heavy on the techie stuff. It doesn't favor one character or pairing to the exclusion of all others. And the characters are true to the show and canon is respected even when we don't like it.

Personally, before I take on my next beta task, I'm going to reread it from the beginning.
                  Heh, I know I'm going to be rereading it very soon as well. I'm revising our "writers' bible" timeline, and I want to make sure I've got all the details right.

I'm really, really happy about how we've been doing with the stories so far. I think I may have said this a while ago, but I'll say it again: There have been many "fix-it"/Season 6-type fics written, but this is the version of Season 6 that I've been waiting for. It has just about everything that anyone in any segment of the fandom could want without stepping on anyone's toes.

April? Hey, that's only two days away!
                  (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                  Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

This was our 37th.
                    Nope, wasn't around... I didn't exist - not in thought, body or mind.

You render me speechless... ...so I'll just stick to
                    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

*sigh of relief* Window washers gone. Now I can relax. Does anybody else hate having workmen in the house as much as I do? And I thought it was just plumbers who had butt crack problems. Anyway, windows are clean. Now if only the sun would shine, I'd know if they did a good job.

Ever wonder who does the windows on Atlantis? That must be a full time job.
                      sigpic

Comment

It's probably a never-ending loop of window-washing...
                        Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

sigpic
                          My Favorite Scifi/Fantasy T.V. Shows, Movies, Franchises, My Sports Teams & My Fav Sitcom
                          poundpuppy29 AKA Erika = Astrology Nut, Scifi-Fantasy Junkie & Massachusetts Girl

Comment

*sigh of relief* Window washers gone. Now I can relax. Does anybody else hate having workmen in the house as much as I do? And I thought it was just plumbers who had butt crack problems. Anyway, windows are clean. Now if only the sun would shine, I'd know if they did a good job.

especially when they are being blown up, and having chairs being thrown through them as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard View Post
                              especially when they are being blown up, and having chairs being thrown through them as well.
                              Or pots (at least I think it was a pot that John threw though the window in 'quarantine',it was a while ago I saw that episode)
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Brie View Post
                                Or pots (at least I think it was a pot that John threw though the window in 'quarantine',it was a while ago I saw that episode)
                                it makes me also wonder how they replaced all the doors that got blown up in that episode as well.

Comment

Working...
                                X