Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
    Absopositivelutely. Joe Mallozzi even said there was a plan in S6 for John to go rescue her and bring her home. Who knows where they would have gone after that.
    He said that...well, at least he got some things right when it comes to SGA, well, I must admit that it is what happens in my own personal season 6 so now I proof that I'm not completely crazy (only a little)

EDIT:
    How about this for a story, when they find Elizabeth they could have also somehow found a way to get rid of the wraith (now I love the wraith, they are a great enemy) but since they originally had 6 seasons planed I think it should have ended with them finding a way to get rid of the wraith threat once and for all. Also, Ronan did say in “The Return pt 1” that he wouldn’t leave this galaxy until all Wraiths were gone so it would have been a good way to put the puzzle together in the end so to speak.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Brie View Post
      The real Elizabeth Weir is not dead. Anyone who claims otherwise is part of the conspiracy and can't be trusted.
      The real Elizabeth Weir is not dead. Anyone who claims otherwise is part of the conspiracy and can't be trusted.

You're absolutely right , and I'm going to wash my mouth with soap for even letting my mind wander in that direction, shame on me.

I can admit in my own defend that I was just basing it of the episode and what the replicators said and Johns reaction to what we know that they were made to believe. I still believe deep inside that John must have felt that something wasn't right and knew that it wasn't the real her and since it was the Replicator!Liz that was in Fran's body i GitM then I think we can all agree that she is probably out there somewhere.
      Hee.

Yeah, we really can't totally take the episodes at face value. There's just so many instances of contradictory information. The Replicators say she's dead, but John's still vowing to find her, etc., etc. Understanding is a three-edged sword: Your side, their side, and the truth.

Absopositivelutely. Joe Mallozzi even said there was a plan in S6 for John to go rescue her and bring her home. Who knows where they would have gone after that.
      In-very-deed. That's why I can't completely condemn Mallozzi, in spite of some of the boneheaded things he's said in the past. He got this one right.

He said that...well, at least he got some things right when it comes to SGA, well, I must admit that it is what happens in my own personal season 6 so now I proof that I'm not completely crazy (only a little)

EDIT:
      How about this for a story, when they find Elizabeth they could have also somehow found a way to get rid of the wraith (now I love the wraith, they are a great enemy) but since they originally had 6 seasons planed I think it should have ended with them finding a way to get rid of the wraith threat once and for all. Also, Ronan did say in “The Return pt 1” that he wouldn’t leave this galaxy until all Wraiths were gone so it would have been a good way to put the puzzle together in the end so to speak.
      Stay tuned for more installments of Atlantis Rising. We'll be taking care of all that wish fulfillment.
      (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
      Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Holy cow, I missed an interesting convo!

Great avis ShipperWriter. I hadn't seen that specific picture from TMC but I love it. You could tell how much he hate leaving her when he finally found her again, and even if it wasn't 100% her to him it really didn't seem to matter as long as he had her back into his life and that he was safe. And of course the part where he found out that the real Elizabeth had been killed, it was like a small part of him died as well. It's just to think about it.

I made a few avis a while back myself including these:
        http://i40.tinypic.com/34t5y8i.jpg http://i42.tinypic.com/jijf4n.jpg
        Since SK addressed the second part of that post, I'll take the first.

That was one of the things I love about John. Even though he may have believed it when Repli!Weir told him that the real Elizabeth had been killed, he still was trying to convince her, on their little stroll through the woods, that she could come back to Atlantis. He wanted her back there, safe and sound, and following her plan to distract the Replicators in TMC really didn't sit well with him, but ultimately he respected it and complied. And JoeF is such a great performer, he didn't even need to say anything. It was all in his body language. I think I pick up on it because I know sign language. LOL

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
        Great avis, both you and ShipperWriter!

Yeah, John definitely wanted clone!Elizabeth to stay. Each time it seemed like he might get her back she was ripped away again. *stupid PTB*
        *shakes fist*

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
        I read the words on the avi and thought for a second that it said "I've got you, babe." *cackles*
        Dear Lord, may it never be so. Although when you wrote on Brie's post about blasphemy, the first thing I saw bolded was my name, so I thought you were talking about me. Then I actually read. *headsmack*

*clears throat* You wash your mouth out with soap right now for writing that blasphemy, young lady.

Elizabeth was not killed. We know this because 1) it was the Replicators who claimed she was dead, and we all know they can't be trusted. Ever. (Even Joe Mallozzi, a thousand curses be upon his name for allowing this travesty to take place, has reminded fans of that fact on multiple occasions. So if even he thinks Weir is still alive, then she is.) And 2) no one has ever found any proof that Elizabeth was killed that could be independently verified. Rule #1 of death in science fiction, horror movies and soap operas: If you don't have a body, don't ever assume they're dead. (And even if you do have a body, you still can't assume they're dead. Carson Beckett, I'm looking at you.) So, repeat after me: The real Elizabeth Weir is not dead. Anyone who claims otherwise is part of the conspiracy and can't be trusted.

Yeah, this is kinda a pet peeve of mine with the fandom.
        Then you're gonna like one of the fics I'm working on. I think I mentioned it before. It's set during "Season 7", I think SR called it the first fanfic spin-off of SGA-Rising ... When it's presentable, I'll post a sneak peak on the thread. I clear everything up, and it's actually believable.

You're absolutely right , and I'm going to wash my mouth with soap for even letting my mind wander in that direction, shame on me.

I can admit in my own defend that I was just basing it of the episode and what the replicators said and Johns reaction to what we know that they were made to believe. I still believe deep inside that John must have felt that something wasn't right and knew that it wasn't the real her and since it was the Replicator!Liz that was in Fran's body i GitM then I think we can all agree that she is probably out there somewhere.
        WTH?!?! I never heard that!

Oh well. SGA-Rising for the win.

EDIT:
        Hee.

Yeah, we really can't totally take the episodes at face value. There's just so many instances of contradictory information. The Replicators say she's dead, but John's still vowing to find her, etc., etc. Understanding is a three-edged sword: Your side, their side, and the truth.

In-very-deed. That's why I can't completely condemn Mallozzi, in spite of some of the boneheaded things he's said in the past. He got this one right.

Stay tuned for more installments of Atlantis Rising. We'll be taking care of all that wish fulfillment.
        Ooh, ooh, ooh!!!

Yep, really need to work on my story now. This conversation has given me my motivation back!

Comment

I personally didn't see any Weir/ Shepphard ship. I did see Teyla/Shepphard ship though, on more then one occasion.. But, what I really would have seen was me and Shepphard. I am totally in love with the man. Darn why is he married, and why am I 14 yrs older then him.

Comment

Originally posted by ShipperWriter View Post
            Starting to make Sparky avatars. Found some really good pics from Season 1 that I don't have to manip except for cropping Ford out. Sorry, Aiden ...

Nice avatar, SW.
            I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

Originally posted by sandyturley1954 View Post
              I personally didn't see any Weir/ Shepphard ship. I did see Teyla/Shepphard ship though, on more then one occasion.. But, what I really would have seen was me and Shepphard. I am totally in love with the man. Darn why is he married, and why am I 14 yrs older then him.
              Welcome to the thread!

I am slightly confused, though. Does the bolded comment mean you didn't see it before and you do now, or you still don't see it???

Originally posted by mandogater View Post
              Nice avatar, SW.
              Thanks!

I'm playing games like nobody's business. Almost to 2,000 posts! It'll be time to whip out the margaritas soon!!!

Comment

Since SK addressed the second part of that post, I'll take the first.

That was one of the things I love about John. Even though he may have believed it when Repli!Weir told him that the real Elizabeth had been killed, he still was trying to convince her, on their little stroll through the woods, that she could come back to Atlantis. He wanted her back there, safe and sound, and following her plan to distract the Replicators in TMC really didn't sit well with him, but ultimately he respected it and complied. And JoeF is such a great performer, he didn't even need to say anything. It was all in his body language. I think I pick up on it because I know sign language. LOL
                I know, right? JoeF is just so darn GOOD at saying things without actually speaking a single word, and his body language just screamed that JOHN DID NOT WANT TO LEAVE ELIZABETH AGAIN. Darnit.

Dear Lord, may it never be so. Although when you wrote on Brie's post about blasphemy, the first thing I saw bolded was my name, so I thought you were talking about me. Then I actually read. *headsmack*

Then you're gonna like one of the fics I'm working on. I think I mentioned it before. It's set during "Season 7", I think SR called it the first fanfic spin-off of SGA-Rising ... When it's presentable, I'll post a sneak peak on the thread. I clear everything up, and it's actually believable.
                Hee! I recall you mentioning that fic before. Definitely looking forward to seeing it when it's ready!

WTH?!?! I never heard that!

Oh well. SGA-Rising for the win.
                Oh, in-very-deed.

Ooh, ooh, ooh!!!

Yep, really need to work on my story now. This conversation has given me my motivation back!

Heeheehee! We aim to please.

Originally posted by sandyturley1954 View Post
                Welcome to the Sparky thread. You're certainly free to have your own opinion, but as it appears you're new to GateWorld, please remember that this thread is intended for talking about Sheppard/Weir in a positive manner, not for saying you don't see it and then waving a rival ship at us. Criticism is certainly permitted, but it is strongly encouraged that any criticism be backed up with rational, supporting evidence. If you wish to talk about other ships that you prefer, there are other threads dedicated to those ships, and I encourage you to go there for the discussion you seek.
                Last edited by Scary Kitty; 21 March 2012, 09:12 PM. Reason: further clarification
                (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

I know, right? JoeF is just so darn GOOD at saying things without actually speaking a single word, and his body language just screamed that JOHN DID NOT WANT TO LEAVE ELIZABETH AGAIN. Darnit.
                  Word.

Hee! I recall you mentioning that fic before. Definitely looking forward to seeing it when it's ready!
                  Me neither. I'll let you know when the fic bunnies get back to me.

More Sparky goodness:

Comment

Word.
                    Word to the wordy word!

Me neither. I'll let you know when the fic bunnies get back to me.
                    *offers carrots to the bunnies*

And reposting this because darnit, they're just so DAMN PRETTEH:

More Sparky goodness:

*sighs and melts*

WHY MUST THEY BE SO PRETTEH?!?!?!

Comment

Word to the wordy word!

*offers carrots to the bunnies*

And reposting this because darnit, they're just so DAMN PRETTEH:

*sighs and melts*

WHY MUST THEY BE SO PRETTEH?!?!?!
                      Because they wouldn't be Sparky if they were ugly.

More???

EDIT: only 9 more posts till 2,000!!!

Comment

Because they wouldn't be Sparky if they were ugly.
                        ROTFLMAO! So very true!

*drools* MOAR SPARKIEE PRETTEHZ!!!!

EDIT: only 9 more posts till 2,000!!!
                        Whoo hoo! Go get 'em!

Comment

@sandyturley - as others have already said, this thread is designed to talk about ship - John/Elizabeth ship specifically. That's what we like to do here. You're welcome to come here and offer your opinions, but we really like to stick to on-topic discussion. I'm a bit confused though. You said you're in love with.... Sheppard? But he's not married. Or did you mean the actor, Joe F? As far as I know GateWorld has the respect-the-actors policy. We have high respect here for both Joe and Torri (and all other actors as well) and really never talk bad of them.
                          I'm not weird, I'm limited edition.

Comment

2,000 POSTS!!! SPARKY AVATAR, HERE I COME!

ROTFLMAO! So very true!

*drools* MOAR SPARKIEE PRETTEHZ!!!!

Whoo hoo! Go get 'em!
                            Hee hee hee!!!

I'm exhausted now ... I need my Shep!Clone to carry me to bed.

Oh. The real Shep is busy. I'll just wait for him.

Comment

Anuna!!! *glomps*

You're just in time. We're about to break out the margaritas and sugar.

So wait. You're having a party on the Sparky thread and you didn't even invite me?!
                              Honestly, Rodney, we didn't think you'd want to come. We're serving margaritas.
                              And there'll be a whole lot of making out going on. Between me and Elizabeth, that is. Figured it'd gross you out.

Comment

NUNA! We've missed you! *glomps and snuggles*

2,000 POSTS!!! SPARKY AVATAR, HERE I COME!
                                YEEHAW!!!! *fist of triumph* Bring on that new avi, I can't wait to see it!

Hee hee hee!!!

I'm exhausted now ... I need my Shep!Clone to carry me to bed.

Oh. The real Shep is busy. I'll just wait for him.

http://i1231.photobucket.com/albums/...echoes0716.jpg

Yeah, the real Shep is busy with his Lizzeh. As well he should be.

But then, that's what we've got the clones for.

Comment

Working...
                                X