Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
    Challenges are good! Especially when it comes to writing good Sparky fic.
    Yes, challenges are great!

But my problem is the idea I had for a specific scene popped in my head while I was cleaning the other day, and then when I wrote it on my iPod today, I had a snarky Pegasus native give a couple good lines of dialogue, and I'm not sure I can reconcile them. AAH!!! But now that I've had a little coffee/mocha/sugary drink, my mind should work better.

I learned my lesson last time. Have most of your fic written before you post it -- otherwise, you hit a block and it sits there for a month.

Comment

Originally posted by ShipperWriter View Post

But my problem is the idea I had for a specific scene popped in my head while I was cleaning the other day, and then when I wrote it on my iPod today, I had a snarky Pegasus native give a couple good lines of dialogue, and I'm not sure I can reconcile them. AAH!!! But now that I've had a little coffee/mocha/sugary drink, my mind should work better.

I learned my lesson last time. Have most of your fic written before you post it -- otherwise, you hit a block and it sits there for a month.
      That's why I never post until a fic is complete. And I hate reading WIPs because I forget what happened earlier.
      sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
        That's why I never post until a fic is complete. And I hate reading WIPs because I forget what happened earlier.
        Yeah, reading WIPs always messes me up, because I tend to confuse the ones I'm reading ... but if I have to start over, it's a small price to pay. Besides, I enjoy it way too much!

Currently in the process of snurching more pictures. I have other work I should be doing, but I need to make something Sparky and pretteh and ... yeah. Something.

75 more posts until I get to make my Sparky avatar! Whoo hoo!

Comment

Starting to make Sparky avatars. Found some really good pics from Season 1 that I don't have to manip except for cropping Ford out. Sorry, Aiden ...

Last edited by ShipperWriter; 21 March 2012, 01:49 PM. Reason: Made avatars wrong size. Whoops.

Comment

Darn those pesky Pegasus natives!

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
            Oh, tell me about it! But sometimes, the WIP is really worth it.

Starting to make Sparky avatars. Found some really good pics from Season 1 that I don't have to manip except for cropping Ford out. Sorry, Aiden ...

http://i1231.photobucket.com/albums/...on1_19-1-1.jpg
            LOL! Poor Aiden. But cute avatar!
            (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
            Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Darn those pesky Pegasus natives!

Oh, tell me about it! But sometimes, the WIP is really worth it.

LOL! Poor Aiden. But cute avatar!
              Would stargate_ren be considered a WIP? Cause that one is totally worth reading over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over ...

Yeah, the story hasn't even made it on my laptop yet. I've been playing with the pics. Hee hee.

Comment

Would stargate_ren be considered a WIP? Cause that one is totally worth reading over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over ...

Yeah, the story hasn't even made it on my laptop yet. I've been playing with the pics. Hee hee.
                Yep, Ren is technically a WIP. And yeah, it is sooooo worth infinite rereads.
                (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Yep, Ren is technically a WIP. And yeah, it is sooooo worth infinite rereads.
                  True dat. Can't believe it's almost over! I may just have to start reading at the beginning again.

By the way, has anyone ever seen this picture? Because I saw it and it just made me squee and bounce up and down and sideways. Not sure how I did that, but anyhoo:

I only wish the picture was a little lower so we could see his hands ...

Comment

True dat. Can't believe it's almost over! I may just have to start reading at the beginning again.

By the way, has anyone ever seen this picture? Because I saw it and it just made me squee and bounce up and down and sideways. Not sure how I did that, but anyhoo:

http://i1231.photobucket.com/albums/...talcoil_02.jpg

I only wish the picture was a little lower so we could see his hands ...
                    Oh yeah, we've seen that picture. YUM.

Comment

Oh yeah, we've seen that picture. YUM.
                      I don't know how I missed it. Oh well. Inspired artwork.

Heading out. First chapter of fic is done. Gonna finish up a few more before I post it. And when I have a huge chunk of time on my hands, I'm posting everything Sparky to Command Dynamics. It's been a little dry over there for a while ...

Be back later!!!

Comment

Great avis ShipperWriter. I hadn't seen that specific picture from TMC but I love it. You could tell how much he hate leaving her when he finally found her again, and even if it wasn't 100% her to him it really didn't seem to matter as long as he had her back into his life and that he was safe. And of course the part where he found out that the real Elizabeth had been killed, it was like a small part of him died as well. It's just to think about it.

I made a few avis a while back myself including these:
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Brie View Post
                          Great avis ShipperWriter. I hadn't seen that specific picture from TMC but I love it. You could tell how much he hate leaving her when he finally found her again, and even if it wasn't 100% her to him it really didn't seem to matter as long as he had her back into his life and that he was safe. And of course the part where he found out that the real Elizabeth had been killed, it was like a small part of him died as well. It's just to think about it.

Great avis, both you and ShipperWriter!

Yeah, John definitely wanted clone!Elizabeth to stay. Each time it seemed like he might get her back she was ripped away again. *stupid PTB*

Comment

I don't know how I missed it. Oh well. Inspired artwork.

Heading out. First chapter of fic is done. Gonna finish up a few more before I post it. And when I have a huge chunk of time on my hands, I'm posting everything Sparky to Command Dynamics. It's been a little dry over there for a while ...

Be back later!!!
                            I read the words on the avi and thought for a second that it said "I've got you, babe." *cackles*

http://i40.tinypic.com/34t5y8i.jpg http://i42.tinypic.com/jijf4n.jpg
                            *clears throat* You wash your mouth out with soap right now for writing that blasphemy, young lady.

Elizabeth was not killed. We know this because 1) it was the Replicators who claimed she was dead, and we all know they can't be trusted. Ever. (Even Joe Mallozzi, a thousand curses be upon his name for allowing this travesty to take place, has reminded fans of that fact on multiple occasions. So if even he thinks Weir is still alive, then she is.) And 2) no one has ever found any proof that Elizabeth was killed that could be independently verified. Rule #1 of death in science fiction, horror movies and soap operas: If you don't have a body, don't ever assume they're dead. (And even if you do have a body, you still can't assume they're dead. Carson Beckett, I'm looking at you.) So, repeat after me: The real Elizabeth Weir is not dead. Anyone who claims otherwise is part of the conspiracy and can't be trusted.

Yeah, this is kinda a pet peeve of mine with the fandom.

Comment

The real Elizabeth Weir is not dead. Anyone who claims otherwise is part of the conspiracy and can't be trusted.
                              The real Elizabeth Weir is not dead. Anyone who claims otherwise is part of the conspiracy and can't be trusted.

You're absolutely right , and I'm going to wash my mouth with soap for even letting my mind wander in that direction, shame on me.

I can admit in my own defend that I was just basing it of the episode and what the replicators said and Johns reaction to what we know that they were made to believe. I still believe deep inside that John must have felt that something wasn't right and knew that it wasn't the real her and since it was the Replicator!Liz that was in Fran's body i GitM then I think we can all agree that she is probably out there somewhere.
                              sigpic

Comment

You're absolutely right , and I'm going to wash my mouth with soap for even letting my mind wander in that direction, shame on me.

I can admit in my own defend that I was just basing it of the episode and what the replicators said and Johns reaction to what we know that they were made to believe. I still believe deep inside that John must have felt that something wasn't right and knew that it wasn't the real her and since it was the Replicator!Liz that was in Fran's body i GitM then I think we can all agree that she is probably out there somewhere.
                                Absopositivelutely. Joe Mallozzi even said there was a plan in S6 for John to go rescue her and bring her home. Who knows where they would have gone after that.
                                sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Working...
                                X