Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
    Elizabeth is checking her GPS for a closet. *snort*

And John is saying, "Let's see, we took a right and a left and another right..."
    : "Yes, John, the closest person is still far away. No one will hear anything."

: "The walls are metal, Elizabeth. It will echo."

Comment

So I got bored. One shot in honor of Tuesday. It's PG. Ish.

"The Right Side of the Wrong Bed"
      Spoiler:
      John moaned as sunlight began peaking in through the blinds. He raised his head with just enough effort to look out the windows to the right and confirm that it was daylight and not an optical illusion. After the night he had just endured, if he could have held the moon in the sky and postponed sunlight, he would have. He did not want to get up, and his tired body agreed.

His head dropped back to the pillow like a dead weight, and he closed his eyes to the world, only to be interrupted by the frickin’ alarm clock to his left.

Groaning low in his throat, he tried to roll over to hit the snooze when he realized that there was an object -- no, a person -- laying next to him on the small mattress.

He squinted, staring at the mop of brown strands as he gingerly reached over and hit the button. It was very disturbing to him that he couldn’t recall any memories of last night that would have led to this. After the vigorous run he had tortured himself with, he had come straight to his quarters, showered, and fallen into bed. Alone.

The brunette stirred, moaning as she reached for the covers.

John bit his lip, leaning back, away from the foreign person --

-- And fell right onto the cold floor.

“Damn,” he whispered to himself sharply as he rubbed his thigh. He glanced at himself and quickly raised and lowered his eyebrows. At least he was still wearing boxers.

His hazel eyes looked up and came in contact with an equally confused set of familiar green eyes.

“John?” she voiced uncertainly but with a hint of amusement, pulling the sheet up around her. “What are you doing?”

“What am I -- you’re the one who’s laying half naked in my bed!” he exclaimed, standing and reaching for a pair of black running pants that lay across the shelf next to the bed.

She cocked her head. “I’m an optimist. Let’s go with ‘half dressed’.”

“Tomato, tomahto.” He pulled his pants up and crossed his arms, narrowing his eyes. “Care to explain how this happened?”

Elizabeth smiled. “I, umm, guess I got used to it. You know, after last week?”

John opened his mouth to unleash another snaky reply, but he clamped his jaw shut after the memories invoked by her words flooded his mind. The flowing gowns, the large bed, the phony displays of affection that somewhere along the line became sincere …

He nodded and rubbed his forehead. “Yeah,” he quietly answered, sitting down on the bed next to her.

Elizabeth dropped the sheet that she had been tightly holding, and John realized that she was more correct. She was wearing a white tank top and black yoga pants, and as his head stopped spinning he noticed a robe laying over the chair behind her. She must have come during the night and snuggled into his side, just like they had done for the past few days on M51-936. He hung his head in remembrance; as much as he wanted to forget the feelings and everything that mission had encompassed, his heart wouldn’t let him.

She timidly reached out her hand, laying it atop his, causing him to look up at her.

With the few strands that were falling over her face and the small smile she was wearing, she looked innocent. Devious, even. It was the latter that made him worry.

“I don’t have to report til 1000 hours,” she softly told him as she turned his hand over. She brushed the hair out of her face with her free hand, then brought it down to his captive one and slowly started rubbing small circles in the palm of it.

He sighed, closing his eyes, getting ready to voice a refusal, when he felt the warm sensation of her lips pressed against his.

John’s eyes flew open at the unexpected yet welcome gesture, and just as quickly shut them tight, hands wrapping around her neck and bringing her closer.

Her agile hands began working their way up John’s strong arms, into the short hair at the nape of his neck, holding him against her. She kissed his lips like a child holding a mother’s hand -- afraid that if they let go they would be lost.

As much as he didn’t want to admit it, John Sheppard knew that he was lost without her.

They pulled back, hands still firmly woven around each other’s necks, as they drew breath again. Hazel eyes met green, and lips met again for a second round. “’Lizabeth,” John half muttered as she began kissing a trail down his neck, close to his jugular, making more than his heart skip a beat.

“Hmm,” she replied in a tone so quiet she was barely heard.

He sighed in resignation, then the alarm went off again before he could make his point.

Elizabeth reached an arm behind her, harshly hitting the button, and turned back to John. He was sure the regret on his face was evident as her own features fell. “Oh,” she finally said.

“I’m on duty in an hour,” he told her as his hands latched onto her upper arms. His thumbs were caressing the soft skin as he tried his best to clear his voice.

Elizabeth pressed her lips together, smiling slightly as she looked into her lap. “I understand,” she finally said, trying to break away from him and stand up.

“So what time do you get off?” he quickly asked as her arms slid through his grasp. He grabbed her hands and gave a tug. “Because I don’t know about you, but I fully intend on seeing this through.” He grinned at her.

Elizabeth blinked and sighed, letting out a laugh. “Come get me for dinner. Knowing you,” she added, starting to turn away, “I’ll need my energy.”

As she grabbed her robe and walked into the bathroom, John lay back down on his bed, hands folded under his head, a pleased expression on his face.

Then the alarm rang for the third time.

“Damn.”

This may be a one shot for now, til I get my other stories completed just because they've been on the burner for so long, but this is part of a plot idea I've been thinking about for quite some time, so who knows? It may be my next not so epic Sparky story.

Comment

Elizabeth is checking her GPS for a closet. *snort*

And John is saying, "Let's see, we took a right and a left and another right..."
        Originally posted by ShipperWriter View Post
        : "Yes, John, the closest person is still far away. No one will hear anything."

: "The walls are metal, Elizabeth. It will echo."
        : The Ancients incorporated sound proofing into all the wall panels. No one. Will. Hear. Anything."

: Oh! Well, in that case... *grabs Elizabeth's arm and pulls her into the nearest closet. There is a little squeak from Elizabeth before the door shuts*

And ShipperWriter, that is a hilarious little ficlet! Something tells me John's going to need a new alarm clock... once he shoots this one. Or perhaps Elizabeth will throw it out the window.
        (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
        Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Things appear to finally have calmed down. Hopefully this means I'll be back more later.
          I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

First of all, thanks to everyone for the love on the vid and the fic. Emmylou Harris songs just all sound Sparky to me.

I love The Finder too. I'm not sure of his rank, but he had a bad incident similar to John's and is haunted by it. I haven't found a ship on there yet, but I've only watched it twice. And Michael Clarke Duncan makes any show he's in special.

I know I mentioned Hell on Wheels to Anuna, but does anyone else watch that one? It's not for everyone because it's very historically accurate and extremely politically incorrect, which means extreme violence, bad language, racism and mud, lots of mud. The lead character is also a John Sheppard type as he's very broken and won't talk about it. Colm Meany is the head bad guy until Chris Heyerdahl shows up. Great acting and a ship to die for with Lily and Mr. Bohannan. Check out this promo and tell me he doesn't remind you of Sheppard.

Spoiler:
            I love that show!!!!!! Now that you mentioned it Mr. Bohannan does remind me of Sheppard.

Comment

What a great ficlet, ShipperWriter!!

Just thought about something... there's a scene in my latest book obsession where the male character is trying to say something before he dies but the female character won't let him. This reminded me of 38 Minutes - next in our post-a-thon. As much as I love some of the moments in Rising and Hide and Seek I think they can all be explained as just friendship. 38 Minutes is the first ep where there is blatant ship between John and Elizabeth.

Oh, and anyone who's been following the Southern Red vs. JT "Words With Friends" battle: in our last game she came quite close, but I still beat her by 2 points. I remain undefeated!!

Comment

Thanks to everybody for saying something nice about the ficlet. I was bored all day, and that is the fruit of my ... lack of labor.

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
                Just thought about something... there's a scene in my latest book obsession where the male character is trying to say something before he dies but the female character won't let him. This reminded me of 38 Minutes - next in our post-a-thon. As much as I love some of the moments in Rising and Hide and Seek I think they can all be explained as just friendship. 38 Minutes is the first ep where there is blatant ship between John and Elizabeth.
                Yeah! Just in that last little scene in the infirmary ... John's eyes were soooooo flirting with her.

Oh, and anyone who's been following the Southern Red vs. JT "Words With Friends" battle: in our last game she came quite close, but I still beat her by 2 points. I remain undefeated!!
                I'm getting my butt whooped by all my friends.

So I rewatched "Tao of Rodney". *diez laughing* I love the last scene, where Rodney asks Elizabeth if John is still bugging him to use the machine to become a superhero, even though it could turn him into a pile of goo (my words, not his). Rodney says, "You should let him." Elizabeth immediately says, "I think not. If anyone's going to turn John Sheppard into a pile of goo, it's me."

... Well, that's what I imagined she said.

Comment

All right, here is it. Angst warning!!!

Loved the video, SW!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by poundpuppy29 View Post
                    Let's see, underwater drilling platform? Check.

What are you doing 'lizbeth?

Just updating the list of places we've explored together.

You're just calling it that in case someone else looks at your PDA, right?

Can't give the IOA anymore reason to get rid of me can we? Now when do you think we can get some alone time in the Jumper Bay?

Comment

So I got bored. One shot in honor of Tuesday. It's PG. Ish.

"The Right Side of the Wrong Bed"
                      Spoiler:
                      John moaned as sunlight began peaking in through the blinds. He raised his head with just enough effort to look out the windows to the right and confirm that it was daylight and not an optical illusion. After the night he had just endured, if he could have held the moon in the sky and postponed sunlight, he would have. He did not want to get up, and his tired body agreed.

His head dropped back to the pillow like a dead weight, and he closed his eyes to the world, only to be interrupted by the frickin’ alarm clock to his left.

Groaning low in his throat, he tried to roll over to hit the snooze when he realized that there was an object -- no, a person -- laying next to him on the small mattress.

He squinted, staring at the mop of brown strands as he gingerly reached over and hit the button. It was very disturbing to him that he couldn’t recall any memories of last night that would have led to this. After the vigorous run he had tortured himself with, he had come straight to his quarters, showered, and fallen into bed. Alone.

The brunette stirred, moaning as she reached for the covers.

John bit his lip, leaning back, away from the foreign person --

-- And fell right onto the cold floor.

“Damn,” he whispered to himself sharply as he rubbed his thigh. He glanced at himself and quickly raised and lowered his eyebrows. At least he was still wearing boxers.

His hazel eyes looked up and came in contact with an equally confused set of familiar green eyes.

“John?” she voiced uncertainly but with a hint of amusement, pulling the sheet up around her. “What are you doing?”

“What am I -- you’re the one who’s laying half naked in my bed!” he exclaimed, standing and reaching for a pair of black running pants that lay across the shelf next to the bed.

She cocked her head. “I’m an optimist. Let’s go with ‘half dressed’.”

“Tomato, tomahto.” He pulled his pants up and crossed his arms, narrowing his eyes. “Care to explain how this happened?”

Elizabeth smiled. “I, umm, guess I got used to it. You know, after last week?”

John opened his mouth to unleash another snaky reply, but he clamped his jaw shut after the memories invoked by her words flooded his mind. The flowing gowns, the large bed, the phony displays of affection that somewhere along the line became sincere …

He nodded and rubbed his forehead. “Yeah,” he quietly answered, sitting down on the bed next to her.

Elizabeth dropped the sheet that she had been tightly holding, and John realized that she was more correct. She was wearing a white tank top and black yoga pants, and as his head stopped spinning he noticed a robe laying over the chair behind her. She must have come during the night and snuggled into his side, just like they had done for the past few days on M51-936. He hung his head in remembrance; as much as he wanted to forget the feelings and everything that mission had encompassed, his heart wouldn’t let him.

She timidly reached out her hand, laying it atop his, causing him to look up at her.

With the few strands that were falling over her face and the small smile she was wearing, she looked innocent. Devious, even. It was the latter that made him worry.

“I don’t have to report til 1000 hours,” she softly told him as she turned his hand over. She brushed the hair out of her face with her free hand, then brought it down to his captive one and slowly started rubbing small circles in the palm of it.

He sighed, closing his eyes, getting ready to voice a refusal, when he felt the warm sensation of her lips pressed against his.

John’s eyes flew open at the unexpected yet welcome gesture, and just as quickly shut them tight, hands wrapping around her neck and bringing her closer.

Her agile hands began working their way up John’s strong arms, into the short hair at the nape of his neck, holding him against her. She kissed his lips like a child holding a mother’s hand -- afraid that if they let go they would be lost.

As much as he didn’t want to admit it, John Sheppard knew that he was lost without her.

They pulled back, hands still firmly woven around each other’s necks, as they drew breath again. Hazel eyes met green, and lips met again for a second round. “’Lizabeth,” John half muttered as she began kissing a trail down his neck, close to his jugular, making more than his heart skip a beat.

“Hmm,” she replied in a tone so quiet she was barely heard.

He sighed in resignation, then the alarm went off again before he could make his point.

Elizabeth reached an arm behind her, harshly hitting the button, and turned back to John. He was sure the regret on his face was evident as her own features fell. “Oh,” she finally said.

“I’m on duty in an hour,” he told her as his hands latched onto her upper arms. His thumbs were caressing the soft skin as he tried his best to clear his voice.

Elizabeth pressed her lips together, smiling slightly as she looked into her lap. “I understand,” she finally said, trying to break away from him and stand up.

“So what time do you get off?” he quickly asked as her arms slid through his grasp. He grabbed her hands and gave a tug. “Because I don’t know about you, but I fully intend on seeing this through.” He grinned at her.

Elizabeth blinked and sighed, letting out a laugh. “Come get me for dinner. Knowing you,” she added, starting to turn away, “I’ll need my energy.”

As she grabbed her robe and walked into the bathroom, John lay back down on his bed, hands folded under his head, a pleased expression on his face.

Then the alarm rang for the third time.

“Damn.”

This may be a one shot for now, til I get my other stories completed just because they've been on the burner for so long, but this is part of a plot idea I've been thinking about for quite some time, so who knows? It may be my next not so epic Sparky story.
                      Oh yeah, that alarm clock is dead. They were super cute here. Write more soon.

Originally posted by mandogater View Post
                      I love that show!!!!!! Now that you mentioned it Mr. Bohannan does remind me of Sheppard.
                      Oh yay! Another Hell on Wheels fan. Mr. B is very Sheplike. Not quite as hot, but a little warmish. And don't you love the Swede?

I'm like a replicator. I keep testing and testing until I break through the field. Almost made it this time. And for the record, I'm over 100 points ahead of SR Jr. and have beaten Miss M twice.
                      sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

I'm like a replicator. I keep testing and testing until I break through the field. Almost made it this time. And for the record, I'm over 100 points ahead of SR Jr. and have beaten Miss M twice.
                        You've got the game strategy down now, so it'll only be a matter of time until you do beat me. Which is why I'm enjoying my trash talking while I can. I definitely think that the more you play, the better you get. For one thing, you learn all those weird Scrabble words that you'd never use in real life. Don't ask me what qis means. Spell check doesn't even recognize it.

I wonder if John and Elizabeth were to play this game, who would win. Elizabeth has the word skills down like you (I still remember the best word you've come up with - elegiac - I had to look that up), but John would get the logic like me.

Comment

I think you're on the money with that one. Should make this weekend's post-a-thon interesting. Heheheh...

So I rewatched "Tao of Rodney". *diez laughing* I love the last scene, where Rodney asks Elizabeth if John is still bugging him to use the machine to become a superhero, even though it could turn him into a pile of goo (my words, not his). Rodney says, "You should let him." Elizabeth immediately says, "I think not. If anyone's going to turn John Sheppard into a pile of goo, it's me."

... Well, that's what I imagined she said.
                          Oh heck yes! She's so very good at turning him into a quivering heap. And he loves it, baby.
                          (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                          Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

You've got the game strategy down now, so it'll only be a matter of time until you do beat me. Which is why I'm enjoying my trash talking while I can. I definitely think that the more you play, the better you get. For one thing, you learn all those weird Scrabble words that you'd never use in real life. Don't ask me what qis means. Spell check doesn't even recognize it.

I wonder if John and Elizabeth were to play this game, who would win. Elizabeth has the word skills down like you (I still remember the best word you've come up with - elegiac - I had to look that up), but John would get the logic like me.
                            I think John would win at first, and she would be gracious but sekritly pissed. Then she would figure out how to beat him. And he'd argue with her about words.
                            sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Originally posted by mandogater View Post
                              Loved the video, SW!!!!
                              Thanks!!!

Oh yeah, that alarm clock is dead. They were super cute here. Write more soon.
                              Oh, I will. If the past two days are prophetic, then I will have mass quantities of free time on my hands tomorrow during work.

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                              Oh heck yes! She's so very good at turning him into a quivering heap. And he loves it, baby.
                              Amen!

I think John would win at first, and she would be gracious but sekritly pissed. Then she would figure out how to beat him. And he'd argue with her about words.
                              Elizabeth playing "Words With Friends":
                              John playing "Words With Friends":
                              John winning the first time:
                              Elizabeth getting beaten:

I'm off to bed. Night!

Comment

Like us?

Comment

Working...
                                X