Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
    Great job, Shipper Writer!

    That last line... *sniff*
    Thanks ... *sniff*

    Now off to bed. Despite what SK says, I need sleep.

    Night!

    Comment


      ShipperWriter, nice banner for your of doctors and detectives story.

      Comment


        Originally posted by ShipperWriter View Post
        Anyhoodiddlydoody, I need y'all's help. Is there an episode, must be Season 3 or S4's "Adrift", "Lifeline", or "This Mortal Coil" (because that's all I have at my disposal right now), where John is sitting in his bed, or sitting in a dark place, with a melancholy expression on his face?
        I remember doppelganger had a scene where he was just sitting on his bed. i think conversion had both (him sitting on his bed and it being dark but that was because he was turning a bug so i don't know if you would count that.)
        Last edited by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard; 06 February 2012, 08:46 PM.

        Comment


          Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
          As always, gateraid, your captions are awesome.



          Oh my. I've officially gotten old. I had to look up what DTF meant. Now I'm depressed.
          I must be young at heart because I'm fairly sure I'm older than you are. It's been around here for a couple of years now at least. But don't feel bad, I had to explain to someone recently what a booty call was


          *giggles* You realize people who don't visit the general threads will have no idea what you're talking about, right?
          Regardless, I still think it's a cool CGI shot.

          Yes it is! Carson looks like a creepy stalker. Stick to your turtles, Carson!


          Where did you get those photos from?
          They're from The Seige III. I think it must be a peculiarity of the screencapture process because I don't recall a background like that in the episode. I'm just chuffed that I got a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles reference in there


          Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
          Well I didn't stand a chance of knowing what DTF meant, but I looked it up and may I just say "ewwwwww?" I could have happily lived the rest of my life without that little bit of knowledge.
          In the context of John texting it to Elizabeth, it's not as bad as it sounds. In that context, it's not simply scratching an itch
          sigpic

          Comment


            Originally posted by ShipperWriter View Post
            Yeah, curiousity killed teh cat, and I followed. I looked it up. And you're right, could've gone without that.

            Anyhoodiddlydoody, I need y'all's help. Is there an episode, must be Season 3 or S4's "Adrift", "Lifeline", or "This Mortal Coil" (because that's all I have at my disposal right now), where John is sitting in his bed, or sitting in a dark place, with a melancholy expression on his face?

            *types last sentence, then goes back to "Common Ground"*

            Video is almost done, should be posted in 15 minutes. I've watched it so many times for editing I've convinced myself it's not good, but I'll leave it to a jury of my peers.
            I don't think any of those have such a scene. The closest would be John in the chair at the end of FS, looking all scared and concerned.

            And the vid was simply great. We need more of those.

            Originally posted by gateraid View Post

            They're from The Seige III. I think it must be a peculiarity of the screencapture process because I don't recall a background like that in the episode. I'm just chuffed that I got a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles reference in there
            I don't think those particular shots were ever part of an actual ep. I remember them doing a promo with that look to it. Or maybe one of those lower 3rd of the screen things.

            In the context of John texting it to Elizabeth, it's not as bad as it sounds. In that context, it's not simply scratching an itch
            Sorry, but if Mr. SR texted me something like that, I'd call 911 because I'd know he'd had another stroke.
            sigpic

            Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

            Comment


              Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
              I don't think those particular shots were ever part of an actual ep. I remember them doing a promo with that look to it. Or maybe one of those lower 3rd of the screen things.
              Right you are. They're included in the screencaps of the ep TS III, but now that I've gone back and flicked through a few more pages, they're sprinkled throughout the episode with different characters. The closest I recall that actual effect being used would be in Progeny, whilst they are in space, although even then it wasn't quite the same.


              Sorry, but if Mr. SR texted me something like that, I'd call 911 because I'd know he'd had another stroke.


              Sheppard: Elizabeth, what do you mean, never again? I was....errrr....talking about the mission. Yeah, that's it. You know, Doomed To Failure

              Weir: Stop talking John
              sigpic

              Comment


                Originally posted by gateraid View Post
                Right you are. They're included in the screencaps of the ep TS III, but now that I've gone back and flicked through a few more pages, they're sprinkled throughout the episode with different characters. The closest I recall that actual effect being used would be in Progeny, whilst they are in space, although even then it wasn't quite the same.






                Sheppard: Elizabeth, what do you mean, never again? I was....errrr....talking about the mission. Yeah, that's it. You know, Doomed To Failure

                Weir: Stop talking John
                That's more like it. I'm sure if John texted that to Elizabeth, the mission would indeed be Doomed To Failure.
                sigpic

                Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

                Comment


                  Originally posted by ShipperWriter View Post
                  All right, here is it. Angst warning!!!

                  Ahh, great vid! Excellent choice of song; the "if you were right and I was wrong" line with clips from First Strike... Agree with JT on the last line.
                  sigpic
                  Lovely Sparkiness! ~*~ My: Fanfics - Vids ~*~

                  Comment


                    Originally posted by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard View Post
                    ShipperWriter, nice banner for your of doctors and detectives story.
                    Thanks!

                    Originally posted by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard View Post
                    I remember doppelganger had a scene where he was just sitting on his bed. i think conversion had both (him sitting on his bed and it being dark but that was because he was turning a bug so i don't know if you would count that.)
                    Yeah, I wanted to use the scene from "Conversion" but I don't have it yet. My friend is loaning me Seasons 1 and 2 this week. I will be ... making good use of them.

                    Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                    I don't think any of those have such a scene. The closest would be John in the chair at the end of FS, looking all scared and concerned.

                    And the vid was simply great. We need more of those.
                    Thank you!!!

                    Sorry, but if Mr. SR texted me something like that, I'd call 911 because I'd know he'd had another stroke.


                    Originally posted by gateraid View Post
                    http://i1120.photobucket.com/albums/...rgate16956.jpg

                    Sheppard: Elizabeth, what do you mean, never again? I was....errrr....talking about the mission. Yeah, that's it. You know, Doomed To Failure

                    Weir: Stop talking John
                    ROFL!!!

                    Originally posted by Erin87 View Post
                    Ahh, great vid! Excellent choice of song; the "if you were right and I was wrong" line with clips from First Strike... Agree with JT on the last line.
                    Thanks! I got a little weepy when I rewatched it. And I know the song is more of a relationship breaking up type of song, but that one line kept getting to me and I decided I needed to do something with it.

                    And for the last scene, I was wanting to use a dark bedroom scene, but I went back through "Common Ground" and found John slumped over like that (especially with the leather jacket) and thought it would work. Then I heard what he said and started sobbing. I was trying to give the illusion of him waking from that nightmare, and I guess I did all right. *nods*

                    Comment


                      Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Smutty Tuesday!

                      Lovely (and so angsty!) vid, SW! Between that and the fic, you're just killing me! (in a good way)

                      And great answers on the questions, everyone! I think I was much like Elizabeth early on, a bit starry-eyed when it came to the Ancients (just look at how excited she got when Rodney mentioned ascension!). Then we find this cloud creature, and I thought, 'okay, that's kinda weird.' I got a little annoyed with that git Moros in Before I Sleep, but on the other hand, I could understand why they were all freaked out about messing with time. (Hey, just look what happened whenever they messed with time on Star Trek. ) I think it was really Progeny and learning about how they treated their creations the Asuran Replicators (and how that spawned the chaos that followed) that really soured me to the Ancients. Before, it was just, 'they suck for not leaving better instruction manuals for their stuff, and they're kinda wimpy in general (and their clothes are boring),' but after Progeny and The Return 1 & 2 (Helia was a BRAT!), I really started disliking them. Little punks.

                      Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                      That is a great question. It's hard to remember what I thought when I first saw it. I think, like Elizabeth, I still thought the Ancients were some kind of special beings that were above petty Earth behavior. Keeping that dark thing in a box didn't bother me much. It was probably their behavior in BIS that changed my mind about their morals. I think John figured them out early on. He didn't have all the background and experience studying them that some of the others did, so he had no preconceived notions and was able to judge them on their treatment of other species and other humans. He didn't like them much but was willing to give them the benefit of the doubt until they proved otherwise. Elizabeth, on the other hand, saw them as near gods and gave them way more leeway than John ever did, but since he respected her, he mostly kept quiet about it.

                      The scientists may have been starting to have their doubts, but I don't think most of them would be bothered much by experimenting on "inferior" beings. Unfortunately.
                      *shudders* Too true.

                      And John's contempt for the Ancients in later years, while serious, always seemed to crack me up for some reason.

                      Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                      You know what I liked about Hide & Seek (apart from the SG1 prop being rehashed as a ascended-being-trap - it used to be a device that made err... third dimension aliens visible in season 6 I think) the little bit of Athosian culture and beliefs that were touched upon - even if only for a brief moment. *sigh*
                      I know, right? We totally should have seen more of that! *flails*

                      Originally posted by ShipperWriter View Post
                      I think TPTW tried to use that "hot Bounty man" bait on Elizabeth. Not only did John hafta grow a beard during "Epiphany", but who was the "love interest" they introduced for Elizabeth in "Sunday"? A bearded Mike Branton. I droolz for John. Mike? Nada.


                      Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
                      And it was the last time we saw Jinto and Wex. I think it would have been nice to have brought them back.
                      *cough*Atlantis Rising*cough*

                      Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                      I don't think those particular shots were ever part of an actual ep. I remember them doing a promo with that look to it. Or maybe one of those lower 3rd of the screen things.
                      Yep, I'm pretty sure those were from a series of bumper clips that ran around the commercial breaks on SciFi during Season 2.
                      (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                      Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

                      Comment


                        Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                        Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Smutty Tuesday!

                        Lovely (and so angsty!) vid, SW! Between that and the fic, you're just killing me! (in a good way)

                        And great answers on the questions, everyone! I think I was much like Elizabeth early on, a bit starry-eyed when it came to the Ancients (just look at how excited she got when Rodney mentioned ascension!). Then we find this cloud creature, and I thought, 'okay, that's kinda weird.' I got a little annoyed with that git Moros in Before I Sleep, but on the other hand, I could understand why they were all freaked out about messing with time. (Hey, just look what happened whenever they messed with time on Star Trek. ) I think it was really Progeny and learning about how they treated their creations the Asuran Replicators (and how that spawned the chaos that followed) that really soured me to the Ancients. Before, it was just, 'they suck for not leaving better instruction manuals for their stuff, and they're kinda wimpy in general (and their clothes are boring),' but after Progeny and The Return 1 & 2 (Helia was a BRAT!), I really started disliking them. Little punks.



                        *shudders* Too true.

                        And John's contempt for the Ancients in later years, while serious, always seemed to crack me up for some reason.



                        I know, right? We totally should have seen more of that! *flails*







                        *cough*Atlantis Rising*cough*



                        Yep, I'm pretty sure those were from a series of bumper clips that ran around the commercial breaks on SciFi during Season 2.
                        John's attitude toward the Ancients could be part of his "stick it to the man" thing. After all, they are the ultimate "man." LOL

                        It was funny in TOR when John was explaining to Rodney why he got chosen to teach him to ascend. He admitted that he was only interested in getting laid Teer, but notice that he called her "the woman" and never by her name. She meant that little to him. Yet he's willing to do something he's terribly uncomfortable with and doesn't believe for a moment will work just because Elizabeth asked him to.
                        sigpic

                        Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

                        Comment


                          sigpic
                          My Favorite Scifi/Fantasy T.V. Shows, Movies, Franchises, My Sports Teams & My Fav Sitcom
                          poundpuppy29 AKA Erika = Astrology Nut, Scifi-Fantasy Junkie & Massachusetts Girl

                          Comment


                            Originally posted by poundpuppy29 View Post
                            Elizabeth: *nods* Yes, John, this mission probably is doomed to fail
                            sigpic

                            Comment


                              Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                              John's attitude toward the Ancients could be part of his "stick it to the man" thing. After all, they are the ultimate "man." LOL
                              True, dat.

                              Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                              It was funny in TOR when John was explaining to Rodney why he got chosen to teach him to ascend. He admitted that he was only interested in getting laid Teer, but notice that he called her "the woman" and never by her name. She meant that little to him. Yet he's willing to do something he's terribly uncomfortable with and doesn't believe for a moment will work just because Elizabeth asked him to.
                              I know, right? He'll do it because the girl he likes Elizabeth asked him to. And probably so he can get laid later. Yay, Sparky!smut! Hee.

                              Originally posted by poundpuppy29 View Post
                              And now they're alone... in the dark... Where's the nearest closet?

                              Originally posted by gateraid View Post
                              Elizabeth: *nods* Yes, John, this mission probably is doomed to fail
                              Only Sparky!smut can save us now.
                              (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                              Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

                              Comment


                                Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                                True, dat.



                                I know, right? He'll do it because the girl he likes Elizabeth asked him to. And probably so he can get laid later. Yay, Sparky!smut! Hee.



                                And now they're alone... in the dark... Where's the nearest closet?



                                Only Sparky!smut can save us now.
                                Elizabeth is checking her GPS for a closet. *snort*

                                And John is saying, "Let's see, we took a right and a left and another right..."
                                sigpic

                                Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X