Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
    No, not Chipolte. Just a regular Mexican restaurant. I've never been there before so I don't know how good it will be.

Yeah, there's no way you can start a diet when you're going to a country fair. Just not possible.

My doctor asked me about how my diet was going when I saw her on Jan 3. I gave her a look and said "Really?? We just got done with the holidays and you think I'll have lost weight?" She's on crack, I tells ya.
    Whoever said doctors didn't have a sense of humor ...

So I started watching "Submersion" and y'all were right! When Rodney meets up with John and Elizabeth, their faces are ... well, it looks like they walked out, telling each other, "Okay, when we meet up with Rodney, get your game face on. Stern, angry, denial, whatever makes it look like we didn't take a detour on the way here."

Aah. I love Sparky subtext.

Comment

Originally posted by ShipperWriter View Post

So I started watching "Submersion" and y'all were right! When Rodney meets up with John and Elizabeth, their faces are ... well, it looks like they walked out, telling each other, "Okay, when we meet up with Rodney, get your game face on. Stern, angry, denial, whatever makes it look like we didn't take a detour on the way here."

One of the things I love so much about Submersion is the "Mom, Dad, and the kids on a road trip" thing going on in the beginning. The kids are bickering. Dad is threatening to stop the car. Mom is zoning out in her happy place.

And of course there's this adorable scene where they're cute and adorable and John picks Lizzie to go exploring in the dark with him:

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Canon Monday!

Originally posted by Madness reigns View Post
        Couldn't resist using one of my new textures ........

http://i1123.photobucket.com/albums/..._MRSparkyc.png
        Beautiful!

I take the same position with S/J that I do with Sparky a lot of the time: they got together offscreen, but TPTW are jerks who deprive us. Ergo, we make it happen.
        Amen to that.

*scratches head* Where in the heck is everybody today? Though I imagine alot of us have the day off today and are still sleeping in ...
        Dunno about anyone else, but I'm still nursing the last shreds of my clogged up coughing head. Damn allergies. And of course, being on the West Coast, I'm the last to wake up anyway.

[rant]So I was watching "Sunday" with the commentary on. I love how, as they're carrying Carson's body back to Earth, their comment is "And this is the first time that Ronan has been to Earth." *shakes head*

And oh, who wants to tell me nothing happened when John gave Elizabeth that look?
        http://i1231.photobucket.com/albums/...l_317_1732.jpg

: I can't believe Weir got to give the eulogy and not me. And no, I'm not interested in her emotional wellbeing at all.

Yeah. Nothing there.

*shrieks with sarcastic laughter*
        *snorts, then joins in the sarcastic laughter*

Heck, I'm younger than you are (and a little bit younger than Joe and Torri) and things already don't work so good!

ETA - I just may have meant my brain there.
        Me too! Though I'm not entirely talking about my brain.

My brain has never worked good. *snicker*

And then, look at John Sheppard. How many times during SGA did you see him sick, or groaning about his bad knee? Besides from that cold when Lucius brainwashed everybody ... I wanna be a fictional character. Nothing really bad ever happens when you're fictional ... especially in sci-fi. LOL
        Unless you're Elizabeth Weir. Curse you, PTW!

Submersion is so much fun! A great ensemble piece that actually gets nearly everyone off Atlantis (and yet they're still on Lantea! How cool is that?) with a bit of adventure and danger. Good times!

One of the things I love so much about Submersion is the "Mom, Dad, and the kids on a road trip" thing going on in the beginning. The kids are bickering. Dad is threatening to stop the car. Mom is zoning out in her happy place.

And of course there's this adorable scene where they're cute and adorable and John picks Lizzie to go exploring in the dark with him:

http://i1143.photobucket.com/albums/...bmission-1.gif
        And you just know Teyla and Ronon are hoping those two will just go find a closet already, darnit.
        (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
        Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

I take the same position with S/J that I do with Sparky a lot of the time: they got together offscreen, but TPTW are jerks who deprive us. Ergo, we make it happen.
          I take the position that things kinda settled after Threads. That is, they had UST, but it sort of ended on that contented feeling at the end of the ep and they settled into accepting they weren't going to get together. If the show hadn't continued, then it would have been fine for them to get together then. But given that it did, I can't reconcile what's happened to her career if they're together - promoted to full bird, 0-6 posting on Atlantis, 'transferred' by the IOA so given another 0-6 posting in the form of a 304. Given that all of these postings have her within his chain of command, it seems a bit *nudge*nudge*wink*wink* if they're together. But I guess I shouldn't get too attached to realism given the premise of most of the shows

Hmm, maybe. I hate to say it, but RDA isn't as young as he used to be. He truely surprised me with the underwater scenes in "The Return, Pt. 2". I tried holding my breath that long and turned blue.
          Those scenes went on a bit too long. I know they used RDA for all of them so they could pad out the day and make the most of the tanks etc, but they should have had Joe/Shep do the last one and fix the problem from their side.

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
          Submersion is so much fun! A great ensemble piece that actually gets nearly everyone off Atlantis (and yet they're still on Lantea! How cool is that?) with a bit of adventure and danger. Good times!
          Who knew that standing sets could house a great ep? Oh, wait, wasn't that what happened during s1?
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by gateraid View Post
            Those scenes went on a bit too long. I know they used RDA for all of them so they could pad out the day and make the most of the tanks etc, but they should have had Joe/Shep do the last one and fix the problem from their side.
            The thunkers and whumpers certainly would've liked the wet t-shirt contest potential of that one.

Who knew that standing sets could house a great ep? Oh, wait, wasn't that what happened during s1?
            Yep. See, bottle episodes do work when you've got a good story.
            (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
            Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

[rant]So I was watching "Sunday" with the commentary on. I love how, as they're carrying Carson's body back to Earth, their comment is "And this is the first time that Ronan has been to Earth." *shakes head*

And oh, who wants to tell me nothing happened when John gave Elizabeth that look?

: I can't believe Weir got to give the eulogy and not me. And no, I'm not interested in her emotional wellbeing at all.

Yeah. Nothing there.

*shrieks with sarcastic laughter*
              Or he could be saying, "Why doesn't she shut up already? This uniform is killing me."
              sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                Or he could be saying, "Why doesn't she shut up already? This uniform is killing me."
                OMG, we could practically make up a game for all the complaints he has about the uniform.

"This tie is too tight." "What is with the baby blue shirt?" "Are my buttons too shiny?"

Comment

I've got a belly full of Mexican food. It was good!

Dunno about anyone else, but I'm still nursing the last shreds of my clogged up coughing head. Damn allergies. And of course, being on the West Coast, I'm the last to wake up anyway.
                  Sorry you're still feeling bad.

I'm going to San Diego next month for vacation. I'll be in your state! (Watch out!)

Unless you're Elizabeth Weir. Curse you, PTW!
                  AGREED!

And then you have a budget breaker like Trio that sucks eggs.

The thunkers and whumpers certainly would've liked the wet t-shirt contest potential of that one.
                  ME ME ME ME!!!

OMG, we could practically make up a game for all the complaints he has about the uniform.

"This tie is too tight." "What is with the baby blue shirt?" "Are my buttons too shiny?"

"You can't see my muscles like the black t-shirt." Oh wait, that was my complaint.

Comment

I've got a belly full of Mexican food. It was good!
                    Yummy!

Sorry you're still feeling bad.

I'm going to San Diego next month for vacation. I'll be in your state! (Watch out!)
                    Oh, sweet! Par-tay time!

AGREED!
                    And Kate Heightmeyer, and Carson Beckett, and Aiden Ford, and Peter Grodin... Grr.

ETA: Scratch Carson. At least he got to come back via cloning. But the others still got screwed.

And then you have a budget breaker like Trio that sucks eggs.
                    And stinks like rotten eggs. We so need a puking smilie for that one...

ME ME ME ME!!!
                    Don't forget about me!

"You can't see my muscles like the black t-shirt." Oh wait, that was my complaint.

Comment

I can't imagine that have a dislocatable jaw is good for oneself long term - aren't the jaw muscles meant to be the strongest muscles in the body?
                      Mine sure aren't...or maybe they are and make sure that my jaw doesn't hit the floor after all...

Being a bendy person isn't all that cracked up to be. Yeah, I can fit myself in a suitcase (tried it) but feeling your fingers stretch too far when playing bowling, or feeling the shoulder protest heavily under the strain really is no fun.
                      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Smutty Tuesday!

Looks like a slow morning in the thread today. Where is everyone, shoveling out of the snow?

Comment

Looks like a slow morning in the thread today. Where is everyone, shoveling out of the snow?
                          We've got rain here, so I declared it a me day. Luckily, it's warm enough not to snow.
                          sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

It's freezing with prospect of rain... the only snow I've had so far was the snowglobe a colleague of mine brought back from her vacation in Austria.
                            Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

No rain here today, though we did have a bit on Sunday and the forecast is saying we'll get more this weekend. Right now, it's just cold. Brr!

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                                Mine sure aren't...or maybe they are and make sure that my jaw doesn't hit the floor after all...

Being a bendy person isn't all that cracked up to be. Yeah, I can fit myself in a suitcase (tried it) but feeling your fingers stretch too far when playing bowling, or feeling the shoulder protest heavily under the strain really is no fun.
                                You actually put yourself in a suitcase? LOL!!!!

We had a few inches of slushy snow. It wasn't much but it had to be plowed. It's warmed up since, though, so it's mostly melted.

We've got rain here, so I declared it a me day. Luckily, it's warm enough not to snow.
                                Me days are fun!! I'm looking forward to my vacation so much! Just over a month to go!

I watched Rising last night. Such a promising start. John and Elizabeth were adorable from the beginning.

Comment

Working...
                                X