Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mandogater View Post
    Two of the best scenes of the entire series, IMHO.
    There's also:

Charles: Margaret, may I be frank with you?
    Margaret: Frank? Pffft

Sure the show had its ups and downs, but overall it was brilliantly done
    sigpic

Comment

I loved Radar a lot, as a character. And of course Hawkeye.
      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

I know we have some vid makers here on the thread. You guys told me what software you use but I've forgotten.

Also, do you get the scenes from the DVDs? And if so, how?

Elizabeth thinks John is adorkable.

Comment

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
          I know we have some vid makers here on the thread. You guys told me what software you use but I've forgotten.

Are you thinking about getting into the vid game? Because that would be awesome.

However, it's not simple. Most of the DVDs are blocked so you can't copy them. You need a converter. I use this one, which I had no idea was so expensive because Mr. SR bought it and set it up for me. Then you'll need a DVD player to use to play the DVDs as you capture them. I use the Final Cut Express software to make the vids. There are cheaper and even free ones that work well if you're patient. If you use a PC, vid software will crash it at the drop of a hat. Here's a link to a comparison of some others. I used Power Director when I had a PC, but it crashed often. Roxio products are also very good. Mr. SR uses those to make slideshows on his PC.

There are also ways to DL the eps, like we talked about with Downton Abbey. Either way, you need lots of disk space and the learning curve is steep. But it's a fun hobby and very rewarding. I'm sure other vidders have a much simpler way of doing it. Once you get the clips on your computer, the rest is pretty simple.

I did not just contradict myself. *nods*
          sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

I use Sony Vegas Movie studio. And I rip the DVD's that I have. I don't have season 4 or 5 on DVD so I use the downloaded eps if I need scenes from those seasons. And that rarely happens. My Doppelganger version is an iTunes version from when it was released too early so no logo on it. Almost as good as a DVD-version.

I'll drop you a PM with a few cool programs that can help you if you need to rip DVD's.

Comment

Good afternoon, Sparkies! Happy Sparky!Family Saturday!

Nothing much happening at Casa Kitty at the moment, so I hope you're all having a good day!
              (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
              Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                ...I hope you're all having a good day!
                I baked muffins... more accurately... I helped bake muffins today... and we burned a batch. Oops!

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                  I baked muffins... more accurately... I helped bake muffins today... and we burned a batch. Oops!
                  Ooops indeed! Are they totally unsalvageable, or could they be used for something like a crumbled topping on ice cream or pudding?
                  (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                  Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Ooops indeed! Are they totally unsalvageable, or could they be used for something like a crumbled topping on ice cream or pudding?
                    They are salvageable... luckily.

Comment

I loved Radar a lot, as a character. And of course Hawkeye.
                      Radar was a tough sell for me, the helicopter gimmick was a bit off putting.

Sheppard: Waitress! Where are those glasses?

Weir: They were in my desk drawer - just like your manhood will be if you ever call me waitress again

Caldwell takes a cheeky peek

Sheppard: So, which M*A*S*H character do you think you'd be? I think I'd be Hawkeye

Caldwell: Rate yourself much?

McKay: With my refined taste, I think I'd have to be Major Winchester

Ronon: Whatever, Ferret Face

McKay: Well if I'm Frank, that means one of you ladies is Hot Lips. Teyla?

Teyla: Fine. But you'll never get to kiss them

Caldwell: I reckon I'd be Colonel Potter - the authority figure with a good head on his shoulders

Sheppard: Nah, I had you pegged for Charles - you've got the Major's hair. Elizabeth, you'd be Colonel Blake

Weir: I'm nothing like him

Sheppard: So you say, but you're the one with the stash of alcohol in your office

Ronon: That doesn't leave me many options. With my tracking abilities, I'd have to be Radar

Sheppard: I dunno buddy. I've seen your wig - Klinger is probably more appropriate

And bringing it back to sparky:

Sheppard: Darn it all, I don't have a glass

Weir: I've got yours honey

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                      Are you thinking about getting into the vid game? Because that would be awesome.

However, it's not simple. Most of the DVDs are blocked so you can't copy them. You need a converter. I use this one, which I had no idea was so expensive because Mr. SR bought it and set it up for me. Then you'll need a DVD player to use to play the DVDs as you capture them. I use the Final Cut Express software to make the vids. There are cheaper and even free ones that work well if you're patient. If you use a PC, vid software will crash it at the drop of a hat. Here's a link to a comparison of some others. I used Power Director when I had a PC, but it crashed often. Roxio products are also very good. Mr. SR uses those to make slideshows on his PC.

There are also ways to DL the eps, like we talked about with Downton Abbey. Either way, you need lots of disk space and the learning curve is steep. But it's a fun hobby and very rewarding. I'm sure other vidders have a much simpler way of doing it. Once you get the clips on your computer, the rest is pretty simple.

I wouldn't know, you lost me at converter

My last boss's wife was a terrible cook. There were only three things their dog wouldn't eat - one of which was her muffins She got better though
                      sigpic

Comment

Hey back! The only episodes I have access to are ones I've recorded on DVD-RW, so I just rip them off. Then again, they're not protected or anything so not as difficult as if you have the season on DVD, I would assume.

I use Windows Movie Maker just 'cause I can't afford anything better.

So do I, 'Lizabeth. So do I. But he's yours. Go for it.

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post

Whatever helps you sleep, Auntie.

Originally posted by gateraid View Post
                        http://i1120.photobucket.com/albums/...aurora2488.jpg

Sheppard: Waitress! Where are those glasses?

http://i1120.photobucket.com/albums/...aurora2492.jpg

Weir: They were in my desk drawer - just like your manhood will be if you ever call me waitress again
                        *winces* And I'm a girl. LOL

http://i1120.photobucket.com/albums/...aurora2494.jpg

Caldwell takes a cheeky peek

http://i1120.photobucket.com/albums/...aurora2495.jpg

Sheppard: So, which M*A*S*H character do you think you'd be? I think I'd be Hawkeye

Caldwell: Rate yourself much?

McKay: With my refined taste, I think I'd have to be Major Winchester

Ronon: Whatever, Ferret Face

McKay: Well if I'm Frank, that means one of you ladies is Hot Lips. Teyla?

Teyla: Fine. But you'll never get to kiss them

Caldwell: I reckon I'd be Colonel Potter - the authority figure with a good head on his shoulders

Sheppard: Nah, I had you pegged for Charles - you've got the Major's hair. Elizabeth, you'd be Colonel Blake

Weir: I'm nothing like him

Sheppard: So you say, but you're the one with the stash of alcohol in your office

Ronon: That doesn't leave me many options. With my tracking abilities, I'd have to be Radar

Sheppard: I dunno buddy. I've seen your wig - Klinger is probably more appropriate

And bringing it back to sparky:

http://i1120.photobucket.com/albums/...aurora2496.jpg

Sheppard: Darn it all, I don't have a glass

Weir: I've got yours honey
                        Bravo! I think Kavanagh would be Frank "Ferret Face" Burns, seeing as how he was always trying to get everybody in trouble.

And I think I liked Hawkeye in particular because of his sense of humor, his "schtick", came just when you needed it. I love to laugh, and Alan Alda's portrayal always made me laugh.

Anyhow, better be getting to bed. Good night!

Comment

Originally posted by ShipperWriter View Post
                          Bravo! I think Kavanagh would be Frank "Ferret Face" Burns, seeing as how he was always trying to get everybody in trouble.
                          I realised afterwards that I forgot Trapper. So, that would make Rodney either Trapper or BJ, with Kavanaugh as Frank. Yikes - Kavanaugh/Teyla
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by gateraid View Post
                            I realised afterwards that I forgot Trapper. So, that would make Rodney either Trapper or BJ, with Kavanaugh as Frank. Yikes - Kavanaugh/Teyla
                            And I thought I was supposed to be the scary one around here.

Comment

And I thought I was supposed to be the scary one around here.
                              I know, it's...it's....

I suspect if Kav tried to head down that path, he wouldn't be Ferret Face, he'd be No Face
                              sigpic

Comment

sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Working...
                                X