Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
    No, the founding families, as far as I know, have no further connection to the company once the sale went through. http://www.ab-inbev.com/go/corporate...e_introduction
    I wasn't actually referring to the founding family. I meant the current person in charge - his nationality - working under InBev's board of directors. Sorry for the confusion.
    Last edited by Falcon Horus; 03 January 2012, 02:58 PM. Reason: GW STOP EATING MY POSTS!!
    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

For those who missed them at the parade (cause they weren't there) and because I'm craving snow and not going to get any ... just lots of rain...

Spoiler:

And it looks like GW has eaten half of my previous post... *sigh* - fixed!
      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
        For those who missed them at the parade (cause they weren't there) and because I'm craving snow and not going to get any ... just lots of rain...

Spoiler:

And it looks like GW has eaten half of my previous post... *sigh* - fixed!
        *scratches head*

I wonder why they want to get rid of them? Is it altogether, or just from the parade?

Some more caps (no song this time)

Spoiler:

O'Neill: I know Hank, I know, it sounds silly but at the time it seemed like the right thing to do. After all, I'm the military commander, he's the civilian leader, it felt natural to sit on his desk. How was I to know it would break?

Woolsey: Jack, you promised me a cave scene

O'Neill: I know Richard, but we're just going to have to make do with this. Now look longingly into my eyes

Weir: Rodney, you have to learn to read people better. When someone says "you know where you can stick this" you're not supposed to ask "where?"

Ronon: You gonna hop on or do I have to lie here like an idiot?

Sheppard: Ford? What are you doing in my dream

Ford: Isn't it obvious, sir? You're totes gay for me

Teyla: Please refrain from kissing me again. As you can see, this lipstick smudges quite easily

Weir: Major, bringing a jumper to a staff meeting just so you don't have to walk is the height of laziness

Hoverboots: you know you want some

Ford: This is AWESOME! Finally, I get to blow something up!

Cowen: Wait, that stuff is explosives? And you've put it in the ground, on top of our nuclear reactor? Oh well, what's the worst that could happen *shrugs*

Sora: Teyla, you simply must give me the name of your stylist. Your hair, it's just so natural looking

What were they thinking with that wig? Rachel is so beautiful without it *grrrr*

There's not much I can add to this, the picture pretty much says it all
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by gateraid View Post
          *scratches head*

I wonder why they want to get rid of them? Is it altogether, or just from the parade?

Some more caps (no song this time)

Spoiler:

O'Neill: I know Hank, I know, it sounds silly but at the time it seemed like the right thing to do. After all, I'm the military commander, he's the civilian leader, it felt natural to sit on his desk. How was I to know it would break?

Woolsey: Jack, you promised me a cave scene

O'Neill: I know Richard, but we're just going to have to make do with this. Now look longingly into my eyes

Weir: Rodney, you have to learn to read people better. When someone says "you know where you can stick this" you're not supposed to ask "where?"

Ronon: You gonna hop on or do I have to lie here like an idiot?

Sheppard: Ford? What are you doing in my dream

Ford: Isn't it obvious, sir? You're totes gay for me

Teyla: Please refrain from kissing me again. As you can see, this lipstick smudges quite easily

Weir: Major, bringing a jumper to a staff meeting just so you don't have to walk is the height of laziness

Hoverboots: you know you want some

Ford: This is AWESOME! Finally, I get to blow something up!

Cowen: Wait, that stuff is explosives? And you've put it in the ground, on top of our nuclear reactor? Oh well, what's the worst that could happen *shrugs*

Sora: Teyla, you simply must give me the name of your stylist. Your hair, it's just so natural looking

What were they thinking with that wig? Rachel is so beautiful without it *grrrr*

There's not much I can add to this, the picture pretty much says it all
          Hoverboots!

And that first one is gonna give me nightmares. *shudder*

Comment

All this talk about Bud and the Clydesdale horses made me think of the wonderful Tribute commercial they did for 911. I still tear up thinking about it. I got to see the horses at the World's Fair in Nashville when I was in High School. They were the highlight of my trip. For me, they aren't about the Beer. They are a piece of America and make me proud whenever I see them. For them to not be in something as big as the Rose Bowl Parade is just sad.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Pocus View Post
              All this talk about Bud and the Clydesdale horses made me think of the wonderful Tribute commercial they did for 911. I still tear up thinking about it. I got to see the horses at the World's Fair in Nashville when I was in High School. They were the highlight of my trip. For me, they aren't about the Beer. They are a piece of America and make me proud whenever I see them. For them to not be in something as big as the Rose Bowl Parade is just sad.

[=youtube_share;5ZIxFd5I280]http://youtu.be/5ZIxFd5I280[/video]
              I'd never seen that before. *sniff*

Comment

Thought I'd share some of that crossover fic I've been talking about now and again where Elizabeth becomes an Immortal as in Highlander: The Series.

Spoiler:
                “I still don’t understand why I have to learn how to use a sword,” said Elizabeth after cautiously blocking Ann’s attack with a wooden practice sword and backing away a couple of steps. “Some of the other Immortals might listen to reason.”

“I’ll show you what will happen,” answered a slightly annoyed Ann. She lowered her guard and walked toward Elizabeth. Once Elizabeth lowered her guard as well, Ann pulled a k-bar knife and stabbed Elizabeth in the stomach with it. “You will either lose your head or spend the rest of your life running and hiding or living on holy ground.”

“That wasn’t very fair,” said Elizabeth after reviving.

“Everybody cheats,” answered Ann. “You have to remember we fight to survive but never forget to live. Just think of all the things you could experience if you live to be as old as Mar. Changing the subject, I’m surprised you’re taking this demotion as well as you are.”

“I’m trying to look at it this way. If I don’t have to worry about the day to day operations of the city, I can concentrate on exploring it and translating the database. Who knows what we might find in it.”

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

“I’m still mad they just unilaterally decided to demote Elizabeth and not send Woolsey again,” continued Sheppard.

“Look at it this way, Sheppard,” said Ronon. “Now you can finally ask her out. Since Elizabeth is no longer our boss, the IOA can’t complain about there being a conflict of interests.”

“How did you figure it out?”

“I see it plain as day and spending seven years on the run destroyed my people skills,” said Ronon.

“We’re that obvious,” asked Sheppard.

“If everybody could see the sparks flying between you two when you look at each other that I pick up in the Force every member of the expedition would have gone blind by now,” added Sulla.

“Why wait any longer then,” declared Sheppard as he left the gym.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

“There is one more thing you should consider, Elizabeth,” said Teyla as she entered the gym on the other side of the city with Kate and Laura in preparation for her Athosian stick fighting class.

“And that would be what, Teyla?”

“Since you’re no longer his boss, you and Colonel Sheppard can finally profess your undying love for each other,” explained Laura.

“Our what?”

“Come on and admit it Elizabeth,” said Kate. “He loves you and you love him. Now that there is no conflict of interest the two of you don’t have anything to worry about from the IOA.”

“Don’t waste any more time,” added Ann. “Being mortal, John only has some much time left.”

“You’re all right,” said a determined Elizabeth. Deciding to take a page from Sulla’s book, Elizabeth planned to love John for as long as she could and deal with hopefully loosing him to old age when it happened. Pausing to grab her hoodie to hid the stab wound in her shirt, Elizabeth set off to find John.

“Is this where the Athosian stick fighting class is supposed to be,” asked Lieutenant Amelia Banks as she and several recently arrived scientists entered the gym along with regulars Besany, Dr. Miko Kusanagi and Chief Nurse Marie Ko.
                I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

Just dropping in to say tears are streaming down my face after watching that. I'd never seen it before. Thank you for posting.
                  sigpic

Comment

Now I understand the outrage, American as apple pie indeed. Thank you for posting that
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                      Thank you for posting that. I considered it but decided it was too OT. Evidently not, and thanks also to everyone else. The 911 one just showed what a classy company they were.

Here are a couple more. They are all great.

Spoiler:

*scratches head*

It's just the parade. So far. At least I think that's all they've done. You don't see them in many commercials anymore.
                      sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

The news was on as I started this. They advised everyone to go for a run, lol. And some idiot made the comparison between this and the London Blitz, but without the forewarning of the air raid sirens.
                        just cause I really can't think of a worded response for that.

Personally, I'm mad that Anheuser-Busch (or however you spell it) doesn't own Busch Gardens anymore. They took out the free beer samples before I turned 21! *whimpers*

So how's the weather? It felt like 27 degrees here in Florida when I woke up this morning. I'm wearing two long sleeve shirts, a scarf, gloves, a hat, a crazy looking pair of socks, and my thick jacket I bought at JCPenneys on Black Friday at 5:30 in the morning.

The only good thing about freezing weather in Florida is that it gives us all the chance to wear the winter clothes we buy just so we can wear them for one week.

Comment

It's just the parade. So far. At least I think that's all they've done. You don't see them in many commercials anymore.
                          Also, they used to have Clydesdales at Busch Gardens here in Florida, but since it sold they're not there anymore.

*wishes I weren't at work*

Comment

Originally posted by ShipperWriter View Post

Personally, I'm mad that Anheuser-Busch (or however you spell it) doesn't own Busch Gardens anymore. They took out the free beer samples before I turned 21! *whimpers*

So how's the weather? It felt like 27 degrees here in Florida when I woke up this morning. I'm wearing two long sleeve shirts, a scarf, gloves, a hat, a crazy looking pair of socks, and my thick jacket I bought at JCPenneys on Black Friday at 5:30 in the morning.

The only good thing about freezing weather in Florida is that it gives us all the chance to wear the winter clothes we buy just so we can wear them for one week.
                            I remember going to Busch Gardens in FL years ago and getting free beer. We also have one in VA near Williamsburg.

LOL at the cold. My husband's family lives in Broward county, and complain when it's below 70. My SIL once had a coat that mildewed hanging in her closet. I remember when an uncle in NJ died and I had to bring along coats for all the people coming from FL. It was April. LOL
                            sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

I remember going to Busch Gardens in FL years ago and getting free beer. We also have one in VA near Williamsburg.

LOL at the cold. My husband's family lives in Broward county, and complain when it's below 70. My SIL once had a coat that mildewed hanging in her closet. I remember when an uncle in NJ died and I had to bring along coats for all the people coming from FL. It was April. LOL
                              All you Southerners are wimps!

Oh, and interesting story, mandogater! Cool crossover idea.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Screw the Angst Wednesday!

Thanks for posting all those great AB/Clydesdale commercials, everyone! Especially the 9/11 vid, as I hadn't seen that one before. Absolutely beautiful.

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
                                Hoverboots!

And that first one is gonna give me nightmares. *shudder*
                                John could work those hoverboots like no one else.

Don't get me started on that first one, though.

Originally posted by ShipperWriter View Post

(This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                                Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Working...
                                X