Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
    Just getting ready to head out to the train station for the trek South. I'll try to check in depending on the WiFi situation. Keep the light burning and have fun.
    Have fun SR!!
    I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
      *runs in*

Hey!

Miss me? No/Yes [strike whichever is not applicable]
      YES!!!

*runs out*

*skids to a halt*

For a challenge I did on LJ - match a saying with a screencap. It's utterly stupid but it works for this cap.

*runs out*

*peeks back in*

Going to disappear some more.

Bye!
      Thank you, that will keep me amused all day
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by gateraid View Post
        It's one of those weird things though. On paper, they sound like extreme opposites. I'm going to spoil this section because it relates to BSG and I know some people here haven't seen til the end of it but

Spoiler:

Roslin and Adama were polar opposites in s1. In the pilot, he held nothing but contempt for her. Looking at some of the web stuff, before I watched the show, I did not understand how people actually shipped them. Yet, they made something out of it. Boy, did they ever. Part way through s2, they turned the 'opposite' thing into a plus for the ship. I almost anti-shipped them, in the sense that anything I would've ordinarily taken as massive shipping points was practically dismissed (to the extreme of during s4's Sine Qua Non, I was practically 'WTF' when Adama said he couldn't live without her. Bastard. And damn her for being willing to wipe out the crew of the Gallactica in order to avenge him).

So yeah, while we can talk about opposites and what not, I think it still comes back to actor chemistry. Some have it, some don't. Plus writing of course. And while McKeller had lots of screentime, it had considerably more (IMO) than most in order to make it work *shrugs*
        Oh, how I love Adama/Roslin.

I think M*A*S*H is quite a different show from SGA though. Maybe it's because of my level of investment in the characters, I don't know. Frank, Henry, Radar, Trapper all 'left', but because of the way the show was structured, it wasn't such a big deal. Now, if Hawkeye had gone, that would've been different (unless they created an 'equal' character). Sometimes replacing the secondary lead 'revitalises' the lead character. this didn't appear to be the case with SGA.
        No, it certainly didn't. Both John and Rodney lost parts of themselves with the losses of Elizabeth and Carson.

STFU. Don't make me take back 'liking' you
        Oh no, I was talking to Lt.Col.John Sheppard who really needs a nickname.

I certainly don't have any time off at Christmas.

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
        Con has been stormed. A good time was had by all. And OMG, my photo op with Torri is so CUTE!!!!!! SQUEEE!!!!

Trip report to come as soon as I can get my notes typed up in some semblance of order.
        SQUEE! I'm glad you had fun.

*runs in*

Hey!

Miss me? No/Yes [strike whichever is not applicable]
        No/Yes

*runs out*

*skids to a halt*

For a challenge I did on LJ - match a saying with a screencap. It's utterly stupid but it works for this cap.

*runs out*

*peeks back in*

Going to disappear some more.

Bye!
        LOL!!!! Nice one!

Don't stay a stranger. Here's some sugar to tempt you:

sugar.jpg

Comment

Sadly there was no WiFI on the train. We're waiting for our car now along with most of the cast of the Walking Dead.
          sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Smutty Tuesday!

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
            Sadly there was no WiFI on the train. We're waiting for our car now along with most of the cast of the Walking Dead.
            Yeah, Amtrak's getting WiFi on a number of their trains, but the Auto Train isn't one of them yet. Cast of the Walking Dead? LOL!
            (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
            Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
              Stupid? Feh, you know how John feels about clowns.
              Meant to write ridiculus... that's not written right... see, why I used stupid instead.

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
              Don't stay a stranger. Here's some sugar to tempt you:
              Yeah... how can I resist that... *digs in*
              Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

So Kate, how do you feel about threesomes?
                John, we were going to be more subtle about it!!

*giggles*

Comment

Wait for it...

Kate's reply:

Spoiler:

Comment

OMG!! I set you up for that one!

Comment

You totall did.

Comment

OMG! You two are slaying me!
                        (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                        Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

We should have our own caption contest!

Round 1:

Comment

My feeble attempt:

: I thought you said no one else knew this closet existed.
                            : Next time Kate asks for suggestions, I need to keep my mouth shut.
                            : No one's coming.

Comment

My feeble attempt:

: I thought you said no one else knew this closet existed.
                              : Next time Kate asks for suggestions, I need to keep my mouth shut.
                              : No one's coming.
                              Loved you using the Elizabeth shifty look too.

Comment

I'm going to post a whole bunch of pictures to see if anyone can come up with good captions. (Yes, there are many productive things I should be doing right now but I'm not feeling productive. )

In honor of FH posting here again, I picked one of her favorite episodes (one I love too!) - The Gift.

Round 2

Pic 1

Pic 2

Pic 3

Pic 4

Pic 5

Pic 6

Pic 7-9

Rodney, what are you doing? Everyone knows leaning over Lizabeth's shoulder is MY thing.

Says who?

Pic 10

C'mon gateraid, I know you can come up with something good for this one.

Pic 11

Lizabeth, what's with JT posting pictures of other ships?
                                She's just having fun, John. Don't be so sensitive.

Comment

Working...
                                X