No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

College Football Saturday Update: SR's Virginia Tech took out North Carolina on Thursday, 24-21, and Eri13's Georgia beat Kentucky earlier today, 19-10. Navy is currently losing to San Jose State, 20-14, Air Force is about to kick off against UNLV, and my USC Trojans take on Oregon in a couple of hours. So far, it's been a good weekend, now let's just hope Navy, Air Force, and SC pull it out. Otherwise, it's gonna be a sad night in Atlantis.
    (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
    Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
      I think so too. I really enjoyed those segments in the episode. Of course, that may just be because I thought the Jaws reference was funny.
      This is going off-topic, so...
      Spoiler:
      And it doesn't hurt that Jason and Jewel have better romantic chemistry and there's not a 15 year age gap between them. You know, when I hadn't watched the non-Elizabeth S4/S5 episodes I thought Jen and Rodney would be a good thing. On paper, it sounds perfectly reasonable. And they do have a good friendly chemistry.

You betcha! I really think John and Elizabeth both bring out the best in each other.
      Yes, they do! And they learn from each other and grow from knowing each other.

Originally posted by mandogater View Post
      Thanks SR! The idea came to me while I was doing some running around and it just started coming together in my head while I was driving.

Thanks again for all your help, JT-2. I couldn't resist the poke at Larrin.

That's the one thing John and I have in common SK. I really suck at expressing my feelings. Just ask my sister. I think that's why I turn to writing sometimes.
      Don't worry - I suck at it too. I also share John's tendency for "whoa, someone is hugging me!" syndrome.

Originally posted by gateraid View Post
      Things you don't think you'll ever hear yourself say: "I didn't like the way that transvestite was looking at me"
      *snorts*

Speaking of fic, here's something out of a larger one that I've been toying with. If I ever get to the end of this (it'll be well into next year), it'll need some major re-writing due to internal continuity and juxtaposition issues. This is the scene following the Ronon/Lorne one I posted recently. Spoilered because it isn't really sparky.

Spoiler:

Kahui scrolled through the display, trying to make sense of it.

“It says here that the power’s out everywhere but here and the control room. A lockdown protocol has been initiated, that’s why the door slammed shut”

“Can you ascertain why we still have power?”

“No, but I’d venture to guess that it’s because of those pods”

“True” Teyla nodded, taking in her surroundings. “I wonder....we have not encountered stasis pods in any of the other facilities. What possible use would the Asurans have for them?”

“Do you wanna crack a few open?”

Teyla resisted the urge to roll her eyes at the expression. “We will see what is in them before we do that”

“Right, right. Well, this place seems abandoned. Chances are they’re all empty anyway”

“I certainly hope so”

The pair split up in order to get the search over with quicker, fruitless as it would likely be. All of the pods encountered were empty, save for one. Kahui almost walked past it. Aside from the lights on the activation panel, there was nothing much different about this pod than the others. He did a double-take, not quite believing his eyes.

“Teyla, I found something here” he yelled out. Trying to activate the pod’s internal lighting, he confidently inputted what he thought was the correct sequence. Sure enough, the lights activated. And as any more experienced SG team member would have warned him, this opened the pod.

The woman inside was of slight build. A looker, to be sure, but her delicate features weren’t likely to put her on the cover of FHM’s next issue. She didn’t react instantly to the termination of her stasis, due to the delayed nature of the process. Kahui had enough time to anticipate her being overcome by her ‘reactivation’, and leaned in to grab her. She grabbed his arms for support while she steadied herself, taking in her surroundings. After she had done so, she pushed herself away from him, back into the pod. Her expression changed from one of bewilderment to one of anger. Before Kahui had time to react, she grabbed him by the throat, squeezing with surprising strength. Her grip was so tight it was crushing his windpipe, meaning that instead of reaching for his gun he was flailing in vain at her arm, trying to get her to release him. Instead, she gripped tighter and lifted him off the floor, an alarming feat considering the size differential of the pair.

“ELIZABETH!!!!” Teyla practically screamed the word as she approached, but the woman didn’t react. Teyla said it again, adding “release him, NOW!” Still, the woman did not react to Teyla’s presence. Teyla gulped slightly, before raising her P-90 and aiming it at ‘Elizabeth’.

“I won’t ask you again, STOP” By this stage, Kahui’s lips were turning blue, and his arms had stopped moving. Teyla had no choice, she winced as she squeezed the trigger. The bullet’s impact spun the woman backwards and sideways into the back of the pod, releasing Kahui from her grasp as she did so. As she slowly slid to the floor, she left a streak of blood in her wake.
      Uuuuh, WHAT?!?! You'd better keep going, buddy!

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
      Wow, those were great. I just wasted a ridiculous amount of time just watching those last 2. *wipes tears*
      I know, right? Joe just killed it.

College Football Saturday Update: SR's Virginia Tech took out North Carolina on Thursday, 24-21, and Eri13's Georgia beat Kentucky earlier today, 19-10. Navy is currently losing to San Jose State, 20-14, Air Force is about to kick off against UNLV, and my USC Trojans take on Oregon in a couple of hours. So far, it's been a good weekend, now let's just hope Navy, Air Force, and SC pull it out. Otherwise, it's gonna be a sad night in Atlantis.
      Good luck to the Trojans!!

Comment

Your Trojans are doing pretty well against Oregon at the half. *fingers crossed*
        sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Random comment. Ellis is a prick, a prat, a dirtbag, whatever word works.

Elizabeth was right and everyone from John to Woolsey to Jack was wrong.

And who paid the price? Yeah, Elizabeth.

Comment

Your Trojans are doing pretty well against Oregon at the half. *fingers crossed*
            *biting fingernails*

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post

The men screw up, the woman takes the knocks that the men should've taken for their mistakes, and the men get to go on their merry way. There's something patently unjust about that.
            (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
            Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Urgent College Football Update:

USC UPSETS #4 OREGON, 38-35!

FIGHT ON, TROJANS!

The Land of Troy (and Atlantis!) is celebrating tonight!

Comment

Go Trojans!!

Comment

Go Trojans!!
                  YEEHAW! And we did it on Oregon's home turf at Autzen Stadium, one of the most terrifying fields of play in college football. Ahhhh, it feels so good.

Well, except for my throat, which now hurts from me screaming in joy.

Comment

YEEHAW! And we did it on Oregon's home turf at Autzen Stadium, one of the most terrifying fields of play in college football. Ahhhh, it feels so good.

Well, except for my throat, which now hurts from me screaming in joy.
                    hampster-dance.gifcheerleader.gifhampster-dance.gifcheerleader.gifhampster-dance.gifcheerleader.gifhampster-dance.gifcheerleader.gifhampster-dance.gifcheerleader.gif

Comment

Don't worry - I suck at it too. I also share John's tendency for "whoa, someone is hugging me!" syndrome.
                      That's funny, even with all of my emotional baggage getting hugged or hugging people has never been a problem for me.
                      I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

[ATTACH=CONFIG]32820[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]32821[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]32820[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]32821[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]32820[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]32821[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]32820[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]32821[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]32820[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]32821[/ATTACH]
                        *dies laughing at the dancing hamsters*

Originally posted by mandogater View Post
                        That's funny, even with all of my emotional baggage getting hugged or hugging people has never been a problem for me.
                        Hugs are good medicine for what ails you.

John, poor boy, is still figuring that out. Or rather, he just needs more hugs from the right person (Lizzeh).

Comment

Now that was just cruel. We need more and we need it now.
                          The next scene (which is still in my head) is on the Deadalus, I think. So 'more' will be a while away. I should never have started this one. I still have another one that I'd like to finish (with a major re-write) which involves Shep having having to decide whether or not to sacrifice Weir and Lorne. I swear that bit is just a coincidence

Quarantine was like many S4-S5 episodes. There were some parts of it I liked, and some parts I didn't. That's probably true of most people.
                          I liked the episode as a whole. I think I'd have edited out Teyla stepping onto the window ledge, that was a little silly. I was incredibly surprised to hear them say afterwards that this was another example of how the staff didn't like Zelenka. Sure, Carter gets frustrated with him, but I think that's borne out of her thinking he's forgotten she's actually quite good at fixing stuff, but it didn't seem like there was personal animosity involved. I was also pretty disappointed with the McBrown ending, but I liked the Katie character so that's hardly surprising. My initial dislike of the McKeller ship was my perception that with Katie, Rodney tried to be a better man, whilst with Keller, it was almost like he tried to be a different man. That said, Katie seemed surprised by his behaviour during that episode, and Keller went into the relationship knowing that Rodney could be a real ass (and that he already loved her).

That, my friend, is pure, unadulterated EVIL!
                          Spoiler:
                          That had better have been another clone and not the real one.
                          I'm with SR; we need more and we need it NOW.
                          Spoiler:

Did I not say there was only one bullet? Maybe I should've put that in

This is going off-topic, so...
                          Spoiler:
                          And it doesn't hurt that Jason and Jewel have better romantic chemistry and there's not a 15 year age gap between them. You know, when I hadn't watched the non-Elizabeth S4/S5 episodes I thought Jen and Rodney would be a good thing. On paper, it sounds perfectly reasonable. And they do have a good friendly chemistry.
                          Have you noticed the weird way that scene is cut together? They actually try to kiss twice, although presumably it's only meant to be once.

I did like that scene, I really did. But when looking back at the end of season five, I scratched my head about Ronon. First, his wife dies, so he tries to hook up with the 'lite' version of her, Keller. It fails, but he still mopes around her but not really doing much else. He had what appeared to be a sexual attraction (very early in the piece) to Teyla, but for whatever reason didn't act on that. Then, he goes for Teyla-lite, Amelia. WTF Ronon?

*snorts*
                          And that wasn't even the creepiest staring experience I've had this week

It's an ineffective first strike. What got me was that in essence, she wasn't arguing against wiping out the Asurans, but rather the manner in which they were doing it.
                          sigpic

Comment

Urgent College Football Update:

USC UPSETS #4 OREGON, 38-35!

FIGHT ON, TROJANS!

The Land of Troy (and Atlantis!) is celebrating tonight!
                            \0/ Go Trojans! *looks sideways at BCS* Things are getting very interesting. Lots of big losses yesterday.
                            sigpic

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Lazy Sunday! I'll be off to the LAX con with Torri in a couple of hours... Squee!

The next scene (which is still in my head) is on the Deadalus, I think. So 'more' will be a while away. I should never have started this one. I still have another one that I'd like to finish (with a major re-write) which involves Shep having having to decide whether or not to sacrifice Weir and Lorne. I swear that bit is just a coincidence
                              You're a cruel, cruel man.

I liked the episode as a whole. I think I'd have edited out Teyla stepping onto the window ledge, that was a little silly. I was incredibly surprised to hear them say afterwards that this was another example of how the staff didn't like Zelenka. Sure, Carter gets frustrated with him, but I think that's borne out of her thinking he's forgotten she's actually quite good at fixing stuff, but it didn't seem like there was personal animosity involved. I was also pretty disappointed with the McBrown ending, but I liked the Katie character so that's hardly surprising. My initial dislike of the McKeller ship was my perception that with Katie, Rodney tried to be a better man, whilst with Keller, it was almost like he tried to be a different man. That said, Katie seemed surprised by his behaviour during that episode, and Keller went into the relationship knowing that Rodney could be a real ass (and that he already loved her).
                              The out-of-the-blue Zelenka hate really ticked me off, and Teyla's little ledge dance was annoying and totally unnecessary. That's a good observation of the differences between McBrown and McKeller; Katie/Rodney really seemed to be the more mature relationship of the two as far as Rodney was concerned.

Spoiler:

Did I not say there was only one bullet? Maybe I should've put that in
                              *snorts*

Have you noticed the weird way that scene is cut together? They actually try to kiss twice, although presumably it's only meant to be once.

I did like that scene, I really did. But when looking back at the end of season five, I scratched my head about Ronon. First, his wife dies, so he tries to hook up with the 'lite' version of her, Keller. It fails, but he still mopes around her but not really doing much else. He had what appeared to be a sexual attraction (very early in the piece) to Teyla, but for whatever reason didn't act on that. Then, he goes for Teyla-lite, Amelia. WTF Ronon?
                              Yeah, that was rather weird.

It's an ineffective first strike. What got me was that in essence, she wasn't arguing against wiping out the Asurans, but rather the manner in which they were doing it.
                              And she was the one who paid the price for their stupidity in going forward with that flawed plan. Talk about a bitter irony.

\0/ Go Trojans! *looks sideways at BCS* Things are getting very interesting. Lots of big losses yesterday.
                              It's always fun to throw a monkey wrench into the works. Heheheh...

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Lazy Sunday! I'll be off to the LAX con with Torri in a couple of hours... Squee!
                                Have fun storming the con!!! Can't wait for the details.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X