Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Announcement: Space has been cleared in my inbox. You may resume PMing me at will.

    Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
    (((hugs))) This is the place to thaw. It has sure been a good Sparky week.
    It's been a great Sparky week! Plenty of happy stuff to keep us warm in these pre-winter days.

    Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
    I saw that on one of the vids posted on Twitter. He seemed to be making a noose. I kept expecting him to put it around his own neck while waiting for the endless French translation. I noticed also that he teased the translator about taking so long. Personally, if I was sitting up there next to him, I'd forget how to speak my own language never mind another one.
    A noose? *dies laughing*

    Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
    Emily, the translator, was amazing. Truly amazing... and I understand that for the actors it wasn't all that but she did an awesome job. And could remember amazing amounts of text. She was brilliant.

    Without a translator most of the French people wouldn't have understood 3/4 of what was being said, nor would the actors have gotten a lot of questions since they asked their questions in French. Dan Payne sometimes answered in French, though poor French... and the rest tried a few words, which was way too hilarious for us the audience. Joe greeted most everyone in French, unless you beat him to it and he knew to respond in English. Same with Dan.
    That's awesome that the actors were trying out their French skillz, though. I remember what Joe said in one of those behind the scenes videos for Change of Plans about how it was good for people to learn other languages and broaden their horizons.
    (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
    Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

    Comment


      Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
      That's awesome that the actors were trying out their French skillz, though. I remember what Joe said in one of those behind the scenes videos for Change of Plans about how it was good for people to learn other languages and broaden their horizons.
      Well, Joe also said during one of the panels that he's a real Francophile... euhm... lover of everything French. And you could see that when the translator was doing her thing, he sometimes really payed attention to what she was saying to try and understand her. Same with Dan. Funny thing was though that during the cocktail party on friday, we choose a table where everyone spoke enough English, so we wouldn't have need for a translator. And every time one of the guests sat at our table and we said we all spoke English and didn't need the translator, they let out a sigh of relief... and the translator looked bored :^p

      FYI: My pictures are finally uploading, so I'll put up a link from the moment they're done.
      Last edited by KrisRussel; November 5, 2011, 02:21 AM.

      Sig by me

      Comment


        Alright, my pics are uploaded! Be warned though, there are A LOT of them!
        You're free to use any of them for artwork, just show me the results please ;^)
        You're also free to use any of them in posts or blogs or anything like that, just mention my name with those ;^)

        PICS BE HERE!!!

        Sig by me

        Comment


          Originally posted by KrisRussel View Post
          Alright, my pics are uploaded! Be warned though, there are A LOT of them!
          You're free to use any of them for artwork, just show me the results please ;^)
          You're also free to use any of them in posts or blogs or anything like that, just mention my name with those ;^)

          PICS BE HERE!!!
          Hey, I've just realised it's the same name *headdesk*, I've uploaded your album on the thunk thread and credited your twitter name account

          Great pictures (and loooots of them! ), thx for sharing

          Comment


            Originally posted by KrisRussel View Post
            Alright, my pics are uploaded! Be warned though, there are A LOT of them!
            You're free to use any of them for artwork, just show me the results please ;^)
            You're also free to use any of them in posts or blogs or anything like that, just mention my name with those ;^)

            PICS BE HERE!!!
            Thanks for those. I'll be sure and add credit to my sig and avatar and any icons I've done.

            I'll have to spend some time with these later. I'll be out most of the day with RL stuff, so try not to squee so much you set the thread on fire today.
            sigpic

            Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

            Comment


              Originally posted by KrisRussel View Post
              Alright, my pics are uploaded! Be warned though, there are A LOT of them!
              You're free to use any of them for artwork, just show me the results please ;^)
              You're also free to use any of them in posts or blogs or anything like that, just mention my name with those ;^)

              PICS BE HERE!!!
              Cool pictures, thanks for sharing.
              sigpic

              Comment


                Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Sparky!Family and College Football Saturday! My USC Trojans got things off to an early start last night by sucking it up after losing to Stanford last week and stomping on Pac-12 newbie Colorado, 42-17. And Matt Barkley even snagged a new school record for most touchdown passes thrown in a game. Woot! I hope the good luck passes on to everyone else's teams today!

                Originally posted by KrisRussel View Post
                Well, Joe also said during one of the panels that he's a real Francophile... euhm... lover of everything French. And you could see that when the translator was doing her thing, he sometimes really payed attention to what she was saying to try and understand her. Same with Dan. Funny thing was though that during the cocktail party on friday, we choose a table where everyone spoke enough English, so we wouldn't have need for a translator. And every time one of the guests sat at our table and we said we all spoke English and didn't need the translator, they let out a sigh of relief... and the translator looked bored :^p
                Oh, that's classic!

                Originally posted by KrisRussel View Post
                FYI: My pictures are finally uploading, so I'll put up a link from the moment they're done.
                Yay, pictures! They look great! Thanks for sharing 'em!
                (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

                Comment


                  *Bounces in to thread*

                  I made a pretty



                  Just thought I'd share

                  *Bounces out of the thread*
                  sigpic
                  Thank you ladygris for my lovely sig and avi

                  Comment


                    Originally posted by Madness reigns View Post
                    *Bounces in to thread*

                    I made a pretty

                    http://s1123.photobucket.com/albums/...=Sparky3wp.jpg

                    Just thought I'd share

                    *Bounces out of the thread*
                    And a very gorgeous pretty it is, too! Thanks for sharing, and don't stay away too long, we've been missing you!
                    (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                    Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

                    Comment


                      I've been out of the loop for Rising (which I don't mind) but in order not to fall behind too much (relatively speaking that is) I've started reading again from episode 1...going back and forth between Introducing Maya 2011 to Atlantis Rising.
                      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

                      Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

                      Comment


                        Hi everyone!

                        I sent an email through the Halfway Con web site asking them about region codes and their DVD but they haven't responded to me. Grrrr.

                        Originally posted by syfyfan View Post
                        Hi!

                        Thanks all for the compliments for the sigs and thanks JT *hugs*

                        It's ok to post artwork here...I lurk this thread some times...

                        Also, I made some icons for the sigs.

                        Spoiler:


                        []http://i1094.photobucket.com/albums/i448/syfyfan2/banner/avatar/joe-marselliecon1icon.jpg[/] []http://i1094.photobucket.com/albums/i448/syfyfan2/banner/avatar/joe-marselliecon1icon2.jpg[/]

                        []http://i1094.photobucket.com/albums/i448/syfyfan2/banner/avatar/freindship4icon.jpg[/] []http://i1094.photobucket.com/albums/i448/syfyfan2/banner/avatar/freindship3icon.jpg[/]

                        []http://i1094.photobucket.com/albums/i448/syfyfan2/banner/avatar/freindship2icon.jpg[/]

                        Sy!!! Thanks for popping in! These are lovely too! *snurches and credits*

                        Originally posted by Anuna View Post
                        Hello everyone! I survived this week. Now let me thaw in the thread. *collapses*
                        Aww, poor Anuna. Have some Sparky. sparkyflowercoupleli4.gif

                        Originally posted by KrisRussel View Post
                        Alright, my pics are uploaded! Be warned though, there are A LOT of them!
                        You're free to use any of them for artwork, just show me the results please ;^)
                        You're also free to use any of them in posts or blogs or anything like that, just mention my name with those ;^)

                        PICS BE HERE!!!
                        You take some really great pictures!!! Nice! How do they manage to be so frakking adorable? It should be illegal for people to be that pretty.

                        Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                        Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Sparky!Family and College Football Saturday! My USC Trojans got things off to an early start last night by sucking it up after losing to Stanford last week and stomping on Pac-12 newbie Colorado, 42-17. And Matt Barkley even snagged a new school record for most touchdown passes thrown in a game. Woot! I hope the good luck passes on to everyone else's teams today!
                        Woot for a great comeback for USC!! Good luck to everyone's teams! SR's Hokies aren't playing again until Thursday. As I'm giving up on my favorite Pro team, the Raiders, for this season now I'm rooting for my local team, the New England Patriots. Go Patriots!

                        Originally posted by Madness reigns View Post
                        *Bounces in to thread*

                        I made a pretty



                        Just thought I'd share

                        *Bounces out of the thread*
                        Very pretty! I love the colors!

                        Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                        I've been out of the loop for Rising (which I don't mind) but in order not to fall behind too much (relatively speaking that is) I've started reading again from episode 1...going back and forth between Introducing Maya 2011 to Atlantis Rising.
                        I still haven't read chapters 2 or 3 of Evolution.

                        Comment


                          I put us on the SGA_newsletter on LJ... I needed something to make me feel better after ... you know what.
                          Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

                          Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

                          Comment


                            Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                            I put us on the SGA_newsletter on LJ... I needed something to make me feel better after ... you know what.
                            I do love you. Have some sugar.
                            sugar.jpg

                            Oh and OT for my little lemming,
                            Spoiler:
                            and did you see Rachel's video? Her son could double for a Teyla/blonde!Kate/Ancient device child. He's adorable!

                            Comment


                              Sorry for disappearing again. Had to house sit for the parents after my birthday dinner and their computer and this site don't get along for some reason. Now to see what I missed
                              I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

                              Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

                              Comment


                                Originally posted by Probie View Post
                                Hello!

                                I hope it's not too late: Happy birthday mandogater!!!
                                Thanks and no worries. Heck, I haven't even gotten a birthday card from one of my aunts yet. Appearently everybody here likes me better than she does.
                                I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

                                Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X