Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
    Chocolate and peanut butter!!
    I knew there was a reason why I always liked Reese's.

Oh, crud. I hadn't even thought of that.

DVD viewing at Falcon's house!
    I suppose it's possible that they're making the DVDs to be region-free, so they could be played anywhere in the world. No mention of that on their site, though.

Oh well, it's off to Falcon's house we go!

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
    Priceless. Truly priceless. Joe looks like he's screaming "NOOOOOOOO!!!" LOL
    And clenching his hands to wring the guy's neck! Hah!
    (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
    Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Probie View Post
      Happy birthday JT

New pic of Joe, Torri and Paul. The best one.

Kris: Really beautiful pics on your twitter. I'm so jealous
      I've been dieing to see what that looked like!!
      I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
        Cake for all!

Spoiler:

*tempts the plot bunnies with some carrots*
        Yum!! I've always wanted to try red velvet cake!!!

*Adds more carrots to the pile for the plot bunnies* Come out, come out. Where ever you are.

Comment

Originally posted by strofmos View Post
          Hi, I'm the friend of FH who made the wooden bone, as a gift for Torri, when she visited Belgium for the FACTS convention

Here's a picture of the finished piece
          On the back, it said "From a fan..."

Spoiler:
          Welcome aboard strofmos!!! Any friend of Falcon's is a friend of mine.

Comment

Thanks mandogater!! We're almost birthday buddies!
            You're welcome!! Come to think of it, I don't know anyone else who's birthday is anywhere near mine. So, as far as I'm concerned we can be birthday buddies.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post

But can the DVDs be played on a US DVD player, or only European models? Darn those pesky region codes.
              I managed to get an unlock code for my DVD so can play any regions. May be you would be able to do likewise, although not sure if its different in Scotland.

Comment

Originally posted by mandogater View Post
                Yum!! I've always wanted to try red velvet cake!!!

*Adds more carrots to the pile for the plot bunnies* Come out, come out. Where ever you are.
                I found a recipe yesterday for Red Velvet Cheesecake. I went weak in the knees. You've gotta try the cake.

Today's offering.

sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

I found a recipe yesterday for Red Velvet Cheesecake. I went weak in the knees. You've gotta try the cake.

Today's offering.

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a1...b06cc8e53f.jpg
                  Bwahahaha! You are so good at these.

Comment

Originally posted by mandogater View Post
                    You're welcome!! Come to think of it, I don't know anyone else who's birthday is anywhere near mine. So, as far as I'm concerned we can be birthday buddies.
                    Yay!! I have a feeling I'm much older than you are, so we'll not talk about the year.

I had some surprise ice cream cake last night. Mmmmmmm SUGAR!! sugar.gif

Comment

Saw these on twitter (@FlanInfo), a pretty detailed con report on LiveJournal from toomuchfandom:
                      http://toomuchfandom.livejournal.com/653745.html
                      http://toomuchfandom.livejournal.com/653400.html
                      http://toomuchfandom.livejournal.com/653200.html
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Lythisrose View Post
                        Saw these on twitter (@FlanInfo), a pretty detailed con report on LiveJournal from toomuchfandom:
                        Thanks, I just came in to post those. I found this part very interesting:

Joe I wanted Torri to stay. I made it very clear, and then the producer stopped telling me things… it’s true.
                        Torri Really?
                        Joe But the thing is, when Paul’s exploding tumor came along… I just threw my hands up and I realized that we – I think that the whole point was to me, as an actor feel vulnerable. That was an important thing for them to make us feel. I think that with the two changes they made it hit. We were like; you know… we know there are these fans that love these characters so why are they doing this? So it wasn’t logical. So if it would, it would be kinda spooky.
                        Paul I think everyone wanted Torri to stay. Am I right? Yes. If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it, you know.
                        Torri What I said earlier… I think that they had some idea on having a civilian run a military operation and they liked the idea then. I think that once they got into it all, writing 40 episodes a season instead of 20 episodes a season, and not change a lot of people in the offices, so their workloads doubled. And I think that they didn’t quite know how to fulfill her… I was saying… I was frustrated with what Weir was reduced to, I thought, you’re not realizing she’s … you’re introducing this character for a reason so why not let them explore those reasons? Explore that concept of having a civilian instead of a military. And I think that they didn’t have the time perhaps, or the passion that something… they didn’t use that concept and it became hard to fit her in. So I became sort of a day player. I understood it after they told me what was happening, I tried to understand because I’d rather, as an actor, be here and be working, than be just sitting in the background typing. Which is kinda where they pushed her to a little bit.
                        I begged them from season 1 to explore the relationship between Rachel’s character and mine. I thought it was a male’s world and it would be these two women learning from each other. And I thought it would be great if Weir went to Teyla and said; ‘Okay we’re now living in a dangerous place and I don’t know how to defend myself. I don’t wanna be someone who has to be taken care of, I’m a leader, I could be fighting.’ So they sort of missed an opportunity that they could have had, to embrace the idea of action and that would have been an interesting journey.
                        Joe I think they missed an opportunity… they missed a lot of opportunities in that regard. For example, Torri and Rachel could have had this whole thing and I could have walked in…
                        Paul Or Dr. Beckett…
                        Paul There were so many changes, but let’s be honest, let’s get to the fun part. We had so much fun on the seasons of Atlantis, we had a lot of good laughs on the show and in some way for an actor… you’re playing cops and robbers in space you know. So every week it’s a different planet to go to, and different things to explore and different guests coming to the show so there was a lot of fun. At least I did.
                        Joe Also though, and I’m said this to Torri before and I’ll say it again, You always felt like you weren’t doing enough. Because we were running around on different planets and stuff, but the truth is, when you broke it down and saw the episode, your presence was really powerful and your screen time was almost the same as ours. So you know, I know that it felt like that because she would come in and shoot and she’d be done in two days. Because she’s in one set, so it’s very easy to shoot. Our stuff we were shooting in a bunch of different locations. So… it never translated like that though.
                        Torri I just wanted to be part of the team!
                        Joe She wanted to go out and play.

So, it sounds like they were as frustrated as we were and wanted her to be a part of the team.
                        sigpic

Comment

So, it sounds like they were as frustrated as we were and wanted her to be a part of the team.
                          This is what still annoys me about SG, the fans could see it, the actors themselves could see it, why was it so hard for the writers to get with the program?
                          sigpic

Comment

This is what still annoys me about SG, the fans could see it, the actors themselves could see it, why was it so hard for the writers to get with the program?
                            Because they had another agenda and it didn't matter what anybody said.
                            sigpic

Comment

It's nice to see that Joe thought Torri's presence was as powerful as theirs even if she wasn't as doing as much.

Although, when he said "Torri and Rachael could have had this thing going and I could have walked in" was he talking about a self defense lesson or... making another dirt joke?
                              "First Weir, then Samantha Carter, and now, you! It's a pity you humans die or get reassigned so easily, or I might have a sense of satisfaction now!"

*You got the touch! You got the poweeeeer!*

"Arise, Woolseyus Prime."

"Elizabeth..."

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Screw the Angst Wednesday!

Originally posted by lizabeth39 View Post
                                I managed to get an unlock code for my DVD so can play any regions. May be you would be able to do likewise, although not sure if its different in Scotland.
                                As I understand it, hacking the machine voids the warranty. Don't know how well that would go over.

Today's offering.

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a1...b06cc8e53f.jpg
                                Heeheehee! Another winner!

Oooh, that's some good stuff, thanks for the links!

Because they had another agenda and it didn't matter what anybody said.
                                This. And it's really too bad, because the show would've been so much better if the producers had simply followed Rule #1 of any successful business: Give your customers what they want and don't piss them off.

Originally posted by Infinite-Possibilities View Post
                                It's nice to see that Joe thought Torri's presence was as powerful as theirs even if she wasn't as doing as much.

Although, when he said "Torri and Rachael could have had this thing going and I could have walked in" was he talking about a self defense lesson or... making another dirt joke?
                                I think that's just Joe being Joe.
                                (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                                Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Working...
                                X