No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So I'm an Herbology Teacher? So I can take Neville and squish him and love him and never let him go?

Dramatic moments - how did I miss Elizabeth's injury in First Strike? I guess it's one of those moments that I have wiped from my brain.

Comment

I forgot about the dramatic moments contest until FH reminded us so I kind of had to try to remember what the ones that stuck out with me on short notice. 4 of mine came from the last 2 seasons, but I thought I should point out that I was the one who voted for "Elizabeth gets captured by replicators" which is kind of the same moment as one of the first two, so I guess that one should be voted as number 1?

Anyway regarding Farsape, for me it was a little different. It was always on TV when I was growing up, but from the commercials and few parts of it I stopped to watch made it seem like some really weird creepy sci-fi show. So I never really stopped to think about watching it too much. As time went on I'd occasionally stop to watch an episode or two if it was on. Over the second and third seasons I watched a handful of them and somehow managed to discern just enough about the show to understand the basic idea behind most of what was going on (which I think was pretty lucky I have to admit ). I ended up watching most of the final few episodes of Season 3. When the Season 4 premier came on I watched it, and over the next couple of them I decided I was interested enough to watch the rest of the season faithfully.

When I went back and watched the rest of the show in order, I liked it eve more. I'd say the First Season picks up a lot in the second half and The Second Season is even better,.
      "First Weir, then Samantha Carter, and now, you! It's a pity you humans die or get reassigned so easily, or I might have a sense of satisfaction now!"

*You got the touch! You got the poweeeeer!*

"Arise, Woolseyus Prime."

"Elizabeth..."

Comment

Originally posted by Irish Eyes View Post
        My moments were from every season except 5. I think you would have enjoyed the season 5 "critique" thread back when the show was airing. We had a lot of fun and it was kind of like therapy to help us get through the season.
        If I'd been around then, I would have been a full fledged anti, with stinky socks and all.

Originally posted by Irish Eyes View Post
        I, too, only had one true Sparky moment on my list. Although a couple others were close...

Season one still remains my favorite even though I generally prefer Ronon to Ford and a lot of great Sparky happens in the later seasons. If I had to pick my top 5 episodes, 3 would probably come from this season.

ETA: Harry Potter weekend has begun! Being a Charms Master would in RL would be cool!
        Season 1 is my favorite as well. My order is 1, 3, 2, 4, 5.

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
        I only started watching Farscape cause I'd be meeting Gigi Edgley at a Firefly convention. And we were also curious about Ben Browder and Claudia Black so that's why... I was hooked pretty much from the start. The only thing that made me cringe every single time until the very end of the show, was the intro theme.

**//**

Most Dramatic Moment In Stargate Atlantis

1. Atlantis fires up the stardrive and takes off from Lantea in an attempt to flee from the Asuran satellite weapon... and Elizabeth is injured. - First Strike (3)
        2. Elizabeth sacrifices herself, ordering John and Ronon to go - Lifeline (3)
        3. Sheppard dies all alone in the desert after stopping the Wraith from escaping before the Air Force can blow up the Wraith's hideout - Vegas (2)
        4. Teyla takes care of Michael - Prodigal (2)
        5. Atlantis rises from the bottom of the Lantean ocean for the first time in 10,000 years - Rising (2)
        6. McKay steps between Kolya's gun and Weir and pleads for Weir's life - The Eye
        7. Elizabeth tells John to go on his suicide mission - The Siege II
        8. John reacts to Elizabeth being "killed" - The Storm/The Eye
        9. John's puddlejumper is destroyed - The Siege II
        10. Elizabeth gets captured by the replicators - Lifeline
        11. Todd accuses the Atlantis Expedition and Daedalus crew of betraying him - First Contact
        12. Todd and Sheppard almost come to blows - Infection
        13. Sheppard and McKay fight over Elizabeth's fate - Adrift
        14. The infirmary scene - I have had a chance to rescue a teammate before... - Search and Rescue
        15. Kolya's "Say goodbye to Dr Weir" - The Storm
        16. The entire gateroom resolution - Kolya deciding to take McKay and Weir, Shep & Ford shooting them, then everyone getting back before McKay activates the shield with seconds to spare - The Eye
        17. Sumner's death - Rising
        18. Teyla's Wraith dream - The Gift
        19. Elizabeth sacrifices herself - Ghost in the Machine
        20. Carson dies - Sunday
        21. Clone Carson's first episode - The Kindred
        22. John shooting Kolya to save Elizabeth - The Eye
        23. John being resuscitated by Carson - 38 Minutes
        24. John and Ronon preparing to die - Search and Rescue
        25. Peter Grodin realizes he's going to meet his end - The Siege I
        26. Teyla realizing Kate is dead - Doppelganger
        27. The "goodbye's" at the end of the messages - Letters From Pegasus

And a few more that Gateraid came up with after his chosen 5:

Spoiler:
        Michael's 'reveal' - Michael
        The 'reveal' of the Asurans as replicators - Progeny
        Elizabeth collapsing - Echoes
        The Ark teaser scene - The Ark
        Keller tells Sheppard that Weir will never be the same again - Adrift
        Shep & McKay getting ear violated by the whales - Echoes
        The pier scene - The Shrine
        The first time Todd feeds on Sheppard - Common Ground
        Pretty much everything from Weir's this is insane through to Rodney's imaginary goodbye on the pier - or simply Carson's death - Sunday
        Sheppard decides to break through the quarantine - The Real World
        Carson's second goodbye - Kindred II

//**//

And next we chose the Most Angsty Moments of Stargate Atlantis. Same rules apply - 5 picks of which 2 have to be non-Sparky. Deadline same time next week saturday.
        Wow, lots of variety there! The bolded ones are mine. I'm surprised I'm the only one to choose Carson's death.

Ok, who is the other person who voted for Vegas!John's death? Let me guess..... was it Southern Red?

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
          *snort* Mr. SR just wandered in and I tried to explain the HP titles. *sigh* Now I have a headache.

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
          He needs to stay in his room because I am trying to write Sparky smut. And I sure don't want to have to explain that. Yes, you heard right. And it may have an actual plot.
          I'm in the process of trying to write an AU fic set in WWII - the challenge stated that 1000 words would get you the max amount of points... I already maxed out and I'm not even done yet. It's eating my brain...

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
          So I'm an Herbology Teacher? So I can take Neville and squish him and love him and never let him go?
          Yes, you can.

If I'd been around then, I would have been a full fledged anti, with stinky socks and all.
          And you would have been most welcome too!

Ok, who is the other person who voted for Vegas!John's death? Let me guess..... was it Southern Red?
          That would be Scary Kitty.
          Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

i'm a potions master. what does a guy have to do to get defense against the dark arts teacher?

Comment

Originally posted by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard View Post
              i'm a potions master. what does a guy have to do to get defense against the dark arts teacher?
              If Snape's faith is anything to go by, I'd stick to potions master.
              Last edited by Falcon Horus; 20 August 2011, 05:20 PM.

Comment

Harry Potter weekend! Squeeee!!

I also had to post to see what my rank is.

Been busy lately preparing to go back to college, but I'm all moved in now, so I should have a bit more time.

Edit: Ha! Divination teacher! LOL! Use your inner eye to see the future!!!!!
                sigpic
                Lovely Sparkiness! ~*~ My: Fanfics - Vids ~*~

Comment

Coming out of lurkdom to find out my HP rank, LOL.

I have enjoyed reading the shippy and drama-y polls - SGA had lots of good moments - I miss it.

On a happy note - just got a blu-ray player and LOTR super special extended edition from my hubby. Can't wait to dive into that!

Hmmmm - favorite teasing moments between SGA characters - that would be another interesting poll - I'd have to recommend the "beard comment" from Epiphany. :-D
                  sigpic
                  Signature by Erin87

Comment

OMGoddess, I just killed Teyla... ...Poor Kate - my muse is putting you through the wringer again. I'm sorry.

Originally posted by SMB_BOOKS View Post
                    Hmmmm - favorite teasing moments between SGA characters - that would be another interesting poll - I'd have to recommend the "beard comment" from Epiphany. :-D
                    I'll add it to the list.

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                      If Snape's faith is anything to go by, I'd stick to potions master.
                      true. potions is really where it's at anyway.

Comment

*Waves* Hi Sparky fans

I finished my first ever watch through of SGA about a week ago, and I have got to say I absolutely loved all the Sparky moments (as well as all the McKay moments and the Carson moments...... ooh and the Zelenka moments and the...... well you get the idea!!)

Is the "Why John Sheppard are you defending my honour" moment in the teasing poll?? (if not can it be?) That was the scene that made me go back and look for more Sparky moments
                        sigpic
                        Thank you ladygris for my lovely sig and avi

Comment

Originally posted by Madness reigns View Post
                          *Waves* Hi Sparky fans

I finished my first ever watch through of SGA about a week ago, and I have got to say I absolutely loved all the Sparky moments (as well as all the McKay moments and the Carson moments...... ooh and the Zelenka moments and the...... well you get the idea!!)

Is the "Why John Sheppard are you defending my honour" moment in the teasing poll?? (if not can it be?) That was the scene that made me go back and look for more Sparky moments
                          Welcome to the thread!!

We haven't done a teasing poll yet. Right now we're on angsty moments. Maybe teasing/flirting can be next. The "defending my honor" scene would definitely qualify!!

Comment

Season 1 is my favorite as well. My order is 1, 3, 2, 4, 5.

Wow, lots of variety there! The bolded ones are mine. I'm surprised I'm the only one to choose Carson's death.

*hangs head in shame* I forgot Vegas. I may be drummed out of the Joe/John fangirl sorority. I was too focused on Sparky.

*Waves* Hi Sparky fans

Hi and welcome. Stay around and play. We have lots of fun Sparky teasing to talk about.

Speaking of teasing and things eating brains...my Sparky smut story has consumed me. I hope to finish it this week. It's unusually long for me. I may even need a beta.

Here's my favorite line so far.
                            Spoiler:
                            John wasn’t sure he would ever get to heaven, but this was close enough.
                            sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Keep a look out on this thread - it's on the to-do polls list.

Comment

Booked my train to Marseille yesterday, and my hotel. The countdown to Halfway can really start now. Leaving on the 28th of October, and arriving around 5-ish in the afternoon.

Comment

Working...
                                X