Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TheLadyMore View Post
    Oh my god and he plays Radcliffe in Pocohauntis!

I am not gonna watch that movie the same way again.....
    Geeze! Is there any modern Disney animated film he hasn't appeared in?
    (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
    Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Whee! Sparky is still popular, I see. We've got 15 people on the thread; 6 members and 9 guests. Howdy! Don't be shy, lurkers, come on out and say hello!
      (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
      Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Ps remember how I said that in my Fic Sheppard was going to be tortured by Kolya with an Iratus Bug, well I am writing the scene beforehand and I thought I might like to share....NOTICE how John gets pisssy after Kolya mocks his Elizabeth (I see drama between Anne and Liz later):

Spoiler:
        **"Again I am probably going to have to use some motivation to make you come to the right decision," Kolya sneered lighly grabbing a fistful of John's thick black hair. The colonel moved his eyes towards his captor and stared with a look of hate, "I wonder Miss Boleyn, if you are as weak as Doctor Weir. Last time I had this misfit in my clutches I could have sworn I heard her weeping when I sent the Wraith on him."

John heard a familiar whimper echo through the room. It was Elizabeth's. *A low growl left the Colonel's lips. Unlike last time, he had the freedom to speak. And he was not going to let that opportunity slip through his fingers. Nor, was he going to let Kolya break Elizabeth's spirit as he did last time.

"Elizabeth don't listen to this *******," John growled with a defiant grin forming across his lips, "he just wants to break you, promise me you will be strong this time."*

"I will John," Her heard her voice calmly reply.

The corner of his lips tugged further into a smile. He may not have loved her as he did Anne but deep, deep, DEEP within his soul, he still cared for her. He just hoped McKay was keeping her grounded like he asked.

Kolya snarled in response and gripped his captive's thick dark hair tighter, pulling his head back in the process. The response he received was an angered hiss.*

"I would be quiet if I were you," The Genii commander growled.

The only response he received was a chuckle from his captive.

"You didn't gag me this time," Sheppard taunted with a sarcastic grin on his face, "I assumed I had free reign to speak."*

Another snicker filled the room, this time it was Moore's. Kolya released his captive's hair and moved his hand to capture his face in a vice grip.

"I would prefer not to," Kolya continued to sneer, "but if you are not going to behave you may have to force my hand...now can I trust you to be silent."

Sheppard stared at him for a second before spitting in his face.

"Go to hell."
        Last edited by TheLadyMore; 25 January 2011, 11:10 AM.
        BALCONIES
        The Breeding Ground of Ships.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
          Geeze! Is there any modern Disney animated film he hasn't appeared in?
          Ummm.....the Lion King
          BALCONIES
          sigpic

Comment

Ummm.....the Lion King
            True. Probably just as well DOS didn't play Scar, otherwise we'd really be in trouble!

BTW, if you're going to be posting longer excerpts from your fics (or larger artworks), it's generally considered good form to put them behind a spoiler cut to help keep the thread tidy.

Comment

True. Probably just as well DOS didn't play Scar, otherwise we'd really be in trouble!

BTW, if you're going to be posting longer excerpts from your fics (or larger artworks), it's generally considered good form to put them behind a spoiler cut to help keep the thread tidy.
              Jeremy Irons nailed the roll anyway

And forgive me for that I'm on my iPad so it's really hard to post.
              BALCONIES
              sigpic

Comment

Jeremy Irons nailed the roll anyway
                Yeah, I don't think I could picture anyone else in the role now.

And forgive me for that I'm on my iPad so it's really hard to post.
                Heh, at least the iPad's bigger than an iPod Touch.

Comment

Heh, at least the iPad's bigger than an iPod Touch.
                  And it looks like every time one of us waves hello to our lurkers it scares them all away. Wonder why that is? We're a friendly bunch as long as you at least see the potential of Sparky and don't tell us we're imagining things. After all, shipping Sparky is what you would expect to happen in the Sparky thread. So join in if you can.
                  sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Hah! Spoke too soon! Part 2 of Stargate!Ren's 'The Politics of Marriage' is now up! And yes, we're back in Atlalan!

*runs off to read*
                    Woo Hoo! Running off after this message.

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                    I just re-read it myself and thought to myself - "Jeez, enough with the sadness already. What were you thinking?"

I took some liberties concerning backgrounds (I honestly have no idea if Cadman's got any siblings) but besides that tried to at least get most of it right.
                    Omg so SAD! I'd never really thought about that before though. Teyla had a really stinky year.

Originally posted by Zandra's Ashes View Post
                    I feared I would never return...and now I fear I may never catch up.
                    *RL=loved one in hospital *
                    Oh no! I hope they get better soon!!

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                      That was very good. You should write more. Your captured them very well I think in just a few lines. I would love to have seen more of the women together as friends on the show.
                      Kate, my muse, agrees with you that I should write more... We recently struggled through another one of her fits that I wasn't giving her enough of my time (sadly she was right). Real life... I wish I could put it on hold.

I like the way you think! (and I know Falcon Horus will too! )
                      Doppelganger never happened in my part of the universe...

Originally posted by JT-2 View Post
                      Omg so SAD! I'd never really thought about that before though. Teyla had a really stinky year.
                      When you stop and think about it, she really did.

Plenty of psychological whumping that went on - my favorite kind.

And before more Farscape... the next question on the meme-list:

Spoiler:
                      Day 25: Favorite kiss
                      Day 26: OMG WHY SGA WHY moment
                      Day 27: Funniest screen cap
                      Day 28: Favorite enemy
                      Day 29: Least favorite enemy
                      Day 30: One thing you would change
                      Day 31: How it should have ended

Day 24: Favorite in-show lingo

Puddlejumper - accurate description and much more original than gateship (Sorry Rodney and Aiden)

Wraith - stole it from LOTR but I like the sound of it

Does Atlantis even have a specific lingo?
                      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

And to celebrate my 20,000th post, have some images of sparkilicious things:

Spoiler:

Carson and Laura know the Sparky secret.

Novak's on to Elizabeth's little secret.

And so does Kate... all giddy over it too.

And then she wants to know all about it...

...so she can woe Teyla some more.

*thunk*

John's attempt to persuade Kate not to tell the rest of the city about what she saw earlier in the hallway where she found Sparky hiding in the broom closet.

And one of my personal favorites... it's my 20,000th post after all:

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                          And to celebrate my 20,000th post, have some images of sparkilicious things:

Spoiler:

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y18.../bscap1434.jpg

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y18...al_mass952.jpg
                          Carson and Laura know the Sparky secret.

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y18...al_mass559.jpg
                          Novak's on to Elizabeth's little secret.

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y18..._echoes011.jpg
                          And so does Kate... all giddy over it too.

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y18..._echoes008.jpg
                          And then she wants to know all about it...

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y18..._echoes010.jpg
                          ...so she can woe Teyla some more.

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y18...ft/gift084.jpg
                          *thunk*

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y18...ft/gift407.jpg
                          John's attempt to persuade Kate not to tell the rest of the city about what she saw earlier in the hallway where she found Sparky hiding in the broom closet.

And one of my personal favorites... it's my 20,000th post after all:

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y18...kin/Clair6.jpg

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y18...her/cloud9.gif
                          YAY - congrats on 20,000! WOOT! And, thanks for the great Sparky picstory!

Okay, on to my part in the SGA meme....

Day 3: An episode you hate
                          Hmmmm - hate is a pretty strong word. I don't suppose I "hate" any of the episodes, but I do DISLIKE "Sanctuary" in Season 1. I'm not a big fan of Chaya in this one, or John's infatuation in her. Yep, that's totally biased by my Sparky shippyness. But also by my bias on relationships in general. I'm not a fan of "hooking up just to hook up". And, I also don't like the quickie hook up used as a plot device either. Now, if you want to have a character be attracted to another character and to act on it, fine. Just don't do it where the entire evolution of the relationship happens in one episode. I never wanted SGA to be a soap opera. I did want to see more character development. I did want to see more of a human connection between the characters. I like the pretty lights and shiny special effects, but I'm more intrigued by character connections to each other. As much as I love to SQUEE over Sparky fanfic, I know that it wouldn't have worked to see all of that on screen every week. Could they have handled a relationship between two of the main characters on the show without letting it overpower the whole thing? IMHO - YEP, with the right writers.
                          sigpic
                          Signature by Erin87

Comment

Okay you are going to laugh....I am watching Law And Order SVU (to keep it Sparkish Elliot Stabbler and Olivia Benson strangely remind me of Sparky) and Jeremy Irons happens to be on my TV....what perfect timing!
                            BALCONIES
                            sigpic

Comment

DOS voiced the penguin in the batman: mystery of the batwoman movie. and he also was in ATLANTIS: The Lost Empire.

Comment

Oh wicked... I just noticed that I went up in rank... I'm a General now.

Comment

Working...
                                X