Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Originally posted by Southern Red View Post

    Now if you want an episode by episode breakdown of all the Sparky moments, we can provide that too.
    Yes please! Maybe I'm just missing something, but I see their relationship as more that of a close brother and sister. Granted, it is probably just me.

    sigpic
    Coming January 2017

    Comment


      Originally posted by m&mnm317 View Post
      I've always loved the friendship dynamic between Weir and Shep. While I like some of the stories (on FF) that has them as a couple, for some odd reason (in my mind) it never seems right.

      Out of all of you that like them as a couple, can you tell me why?

      I'm NOT trying to be mean or anything negative, I'm just curious.
      It was weird for me at first too when I first encourntered shipping and fanfic, I had been oblivious to what I now consider obvious, but after watching the whole series I started watching it again on DVD's and it hit me like a frieght train. All the little things added up and I got those lovely tingles all the way down to the tip of my toes when I watched them together. Had I been on Atlantis, I would have been the first one throwing money in the pot for the betting pool. But everyone is going to see things in their own way and love what they love about Atlantis in their own way. Loving the show is the only real thing that matters on these threads I suppose
      sigpic
      Thanks to Copter for my signature art!

      Comment


        Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
        Don't know how to explain it but they sort of just fit. They just fit. *shrug* They feel natural... Have good chemistry, great characters to begin with... I don't know... I'll just stick to fitting well together.

        ***Continuing the meme, still days behind on the rest***

        Spoiler:
        Day 14: Favorite pairing
        Day 15: Least favorite pairing
        Day 16: Favorite season
        Day 17: Favorite team (Ford or Ronon? Weir or Carter?)
        Day 18: Favorite side character
        Day 19: Most annoying side character
        Day 20: Unpopular opinion time!
        Day 21: Best quote
        Day 22: Worst quote
        Day 23: Saddest character death
        Day 24: Favorite in-show lingo
        Day 25: Favorite kiss
        Day 26: OMG WHY SGA WHY moment
        Day 27: Funniest screen cap
        Day 28: Favorite enemy
        Day 29: Least favorite enemy
        Day 30: One thing you would change
        Day 31: How it should have ended


        Day 13: A scene that made you blush

        There isn't a scene that required blushing... not even McKay kissing Beckett - that caused a serious WOOOHOOOO-moment in fact.
        I was like humm at least slash is allowed here!
        BALCONIES
        The Breeding Ground of Ships.
        sigpic

        Comment


          Originally posted by ShipperWriter View Post




          *hands FH a cup of water after all that screaming*



          Yeah, I like McKeller, but even I thought that was too much ... Too Bond-ish ...





          Now, present for y'all:

          The fic bunnies are starting to wake from their sudden hibernation, and have given me this:

          Atlantis Orientation, Chapter 3 -- "Red Shirts of Atlantis" is now posted for your reading and LOLing pleasure.

          Working on some more in between working, sleeping, eating, breathing, and paying taxes.

          Oh, and fighting off the bad guys.

          Left love over at ffdotnet and realized I forgot to add that I'll be anxiously waiting for the Sexual Harassment orientation. Sooo many lessons to be learned. Don't use co-workers body to kiss love interest (Cadman/Beckett), don't allow aliens to posess your body and kiss your employees (TLG), don't get infected with bug virus and smooch hot girl you are sparring with..... Ohh...pretty please
          sigpic
          Thanks to Copter for my signature art!

          Comment


            Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
            Great, can't wait to see what happens next.





            Well you certainly have come to the right place if you are curious about why anyone sees Sparky as a couple. Though, other than telling you to watch the show, I don't know what else to say. We see tons of UST every time they are on screen together. We see a closeness between them that has them finishing each other's sentences and almost reading each others minds at times. We see so much more than friendship every time they look at each other. We heard John's special voice that he used only with her and the way they flirted with each other.

            If you just like them for the friendship, that's okay too. And if you ship John with someone else that's also okay. It's just all in how you see the show and who caught your attention.

            Now if you want an episode by episode breakdown of all the Sparky moments, we can provide that too.
            Another thing to help illustrate an episode by episode breakdown is sparky love on youtube. Ahhh...... But there are some good vids that pull out some of their best eye gazing moments.
            sigpic
            Thanks to Copter for my signature art!

            Comment


              Originally posted by ShipperWriter View Post
              Thanks again! Heh.

              So I was drooling lurking over on the JoeF/John Thunk thread, and found this picture. Fit in nicely with the Daedalus food conversation that was going on earlier.

              http://i1231.photobucket.com/albums/...2-0002xb-1.jpg
              : Colonel, welcome back to Atlantis. And you stopped by Starbucks! Awesome!
              Caldwell: You're welcome, Sheppard. Now ... about the other end of the deal?
              : Huh?
              Caldwell: You remember what you said?
              : Oh! About talking to Elizabeth on your behalf?
              Caldwell: Yes! What did she say?
              : Umm, she said no thanks.
              Caldwell: Did you even talk to her?
              : Eeh. Not really.

              Hey, someone poke that guy behind Caldwell. I think he's staring at me- I know what he's thinking. *cheeks flaming, busted drooling over Shep*
              Last edited by jasminaGo; 14 January 2011, 03:35 PM. Reason: removing IMG tags
              sigpic
              Thanks to Copter for my signature art!

              Comment


                Originally posted by m&mnm317 View Post
                I've always loved the friendship dynamic between Weir and Shep. While I like some of the stories (on FF) that has them as a couple, for some odd reason (in my mind) it never seems right.

                Out of all of you that like them as a couple, can you tell me why?

                I'm NOT trying to be mean or anything negative, I'm just curious.
                1. Chemistry. Sheppard and Weir have it with each other in spades, where they just don't have it with other... potential love interests. SR's comment about it being clearly on display throughout the show is right on the money. From the flirty looks and banter in episodes like 'Hide and Seek,' 'Thirty-Eight Minutes,' 'The Intruder,' 'Grace Under Pressure,' 'Inferno,' 'Misbegotten,' 'The Return Parts 1 and 2,' and 'Submersion' to heated arguments and quiet discussions about duty and honor in 'Rising,' 'Hot Zone,' and 'Conversion,' to concern, grief and guilt for the pain (and sometimes worse) that they suffer in 'The Storm'/'The Eye,' 'Before I Sleep,' 'The Siege' trilogy, 'Conversion' (again), 'The Lost Boys'/'The Hive,' 'The Real World,' 'Common Ground,' 'First Strike'/'Adrift'/'Lifeline,' 'This Mortal Coil,' and 'Ghost in the Machine.'

                2. Respect. They may not always agree, and they may sometimes get caught up in anger in the heat of the moment, but they respect each other's differences of opinion without trying to change each other into some sort of unfairly idealized image and then trying to be subtly demeaning when the other doesn't change.

                3. Commitment to duty and honor above one's own personal desires. Both of them are totally selfless; they make decisions for the good of all their people, rather than seeking glory or personal gratification. Even if it's a hard decision, one that could result in losing each other (like in 'Common Ground,' 'Adrift,' or 'Lifeline'), they'll still make it, because it's the right thing to do and they know it's what the other would want and expect of them.

                Like others have already said, they just fit together, like two halves of the same soul. They're our Sparky, they're forever, and we love them.
                (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

                Comment


                  Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                  Well you certainly have come to the right place if you are curious about why anyone sees Sparky as a couple. Though, other than telling you to watch the show, I don't know what else to say. We see tons of UST every time they are on screen together. We see a closeness between them that has them finishing each other's sentences and almost reading each others minds at times. We see so much more than friendship every time they look at each other. We heard John's special voice that he used only with her and the way they flirted with each other.

                  If you just like them for the friendship, that's okay too. And if you ship John with someone else that's also okay. It's just all in how you see the show and who caught your attention.

                  Now if you want an episode by episode breakdown of all the Sparky moments, we can provide that too.
                  Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                  Don't know how to explain it but they sort of just fit. They just fit. *shrug* They feel natural... Have good chemistry, great characters to begin with... I don't know... I'll just stick to fitting well together.
                  Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                  1. Chemistry. Sheppard and Weir have it with each other in spades, where they just don't have it with other... potential love interests. SR's comment about it being clearly on display throughout the show is right on the money. From the flirty looks and banter in episodes like 'Hide and Seek,' 'Thirty-Eight Minutes,' 'The Intruder,' 'Grace Under Pressure,' 'Inferno,' 'Misbegotten,' 'The Return Parts 1 and 2,' and 'Submersion' to heated arguments and quiet discussions about duty and honor in 'Rising,' 'Hot Zone,' and 'Conversion,' to concern, grief and guilt for the pain (and sometimes worse) that they suffer in 'The Storm'/'The Eye,' 'Before I Sleep,' 'The Siege' trilogy, 'Conversion' (again), 'The Lost Boys'/'The Hive,' 'The Real World,' 'Common Ground,' 'First Strike'/'Adrift'/'Lifeline,' 'This Mortal Coil,' and 'Ghost in the Machine.'

                  2. Respect. They may not always agree, and they may sometimes get caught up in anger in the heat of the moment, but they respect each other's differences of opinion without trying to change each other into some sort of unfairly idealized image and then trying to be subtly demeaning when the other doesn't change.

                  3. Commitment to duty and honor above one's own personal desires. Both of them are totally selfless; they make decisions for the good of all their people, rather than seeking glory or personal gratification. Even if it's a hard decision, one that could result in losing each other (like in 'Common Ground,' 'Adrift,' or 'Lifeline'), they'll still make it, because it's the right thing to do and they know it's what the other would want and expect of them.

                  Like others have already said, they just fit together, like two halves of the same soul. They're our Sparky, they're forever, and we love them.
                  AMEN SISTERS!!!!!

                  Yes Sparky is my religion. I have my 10 Sparky commandments.lol
                  sigpic
                  Sig made by nephty and avi by Kris....THANK YOU!

                  Comment


                    Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                    Maybe there was a scene that made you blush because it was so hideously bad you felt sorry for the actors. That's why I picked the McKeller in the airplane scene. LOL
                    No, that just got a massive facepalm.

                    Originally posted by m&mnm317 View Post
                    Yes please! Maybe I'm just missing something, but I see their relationship as more that of a close brother and sister. Granted, it is probably just me.
                    That's what makes us all so unique. If we all saw the same thing in everything... gosh, hate to say it but it would be boring as hell.

                    BTW... my fave het-pairing is John/Kate H. ...and then Sparky but that's practically canon so...

                    Originally posted by TheLadyMore View Post
                    I was like humm at least slash is allowed here!
                    ... I thought it was hilarious, especially how David and Paul talk about in the extra's on the DVD. Makes it even more hilarious.
                    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

                    Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

                    Comment


                      Originally posted by Probie View Post
                      AMEN SISTERS!!!!!

                      Yes Sparky is my religion. I have my 10 Sparky commandments.lol
                      Love your sig btw!

                      What are the Sparky Commandments? I'm interested in hearing them. Who knows, maybe I could learn something?

                      sigpic
                      Coming January 2017

                      Comment


                        Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                        No, that just got a massive facepalm.



                        That's what makes us all so unique. If we all saw the same thing in everything... gosh, hate to say it but it would be boring as hell.

                        BTW... my fave het-pairing is John/Kate H. ...and then Sparky but that's practically canon so...



                        ... I thought it was hilarious, especially how David and Paul talk about in the extra's on the DVD. Makes it even more hilarious.
                        Heightmeyer is gorgeous!

                        I loved it when David kissed Paul, even though it was actually cadman doing it. It cracked me UP!

                        sigpic
                        Coming January 2017

                        Comment


                          Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                          ... I thought it was hilarious, especially how David and Paul talk about in the extra's on the DVD. Makes it even more hilarious.
                          Seriously I wonder what they are all thinking during some scenes.

                          I joke around in Common Ground Joe Flanigan was sitting there bound and gagged to a chair thinking "I better get a nice big Mac After this".
                          BALCONIES
                          The Breeding Ground of Ships.
                          sigpic

                          Comment


                            Originally posted by m&mnm317 View Post
                            Yes please! Maybe I'm just missing something, but I see their relationship as more that of a close brother and sister. Granted, it is probably just me.
                            Here's a start. Our favorite moments.

                            I'm sure others have lists of their own they could share. We've been at this for a number of years and have tons of posts and analysis episode by episode on the thread if you want to read all 5263 pages. LOL
                            sigpic

                            Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

                            Comment


                              Originally posted by TheLadyMore View Post
                              Seriously I wonder what they are all thinking during some scenes.

                              I joke around in Common Ground Joe Flanigan was sitting there bound and gagged to a chair thinking "I better get a nice big Mac After this".
                              I doubt he was thinking that. Joe hates McDonald's. He was probably thinking about a nice bottle of 16 year old single malt Scotch with a big juicy steak on the side and some of his homegrown organic veggies.
                              sigpic

                              Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

                              Comment


                                Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                                Here's a start. Our favorite moments.

                                I'm sure others have lists of their own they could share. We've been at this for a number of years and have tons of posts and analysis episode by episode on the thread if you want to read all 5263 pages. LOL
                                I like Sparky Moments with Kolya involved!
                                BALCONIES
                                The Breeding Ground of Ships.
                                sigpic

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X