• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey, everybody, I've missed you!

*scans last 5 pages*

And you've been busy. Whoo.

Little present from the Fic Bunny Gods:

Okay, maybe not from the Fic Bunny Gods, but my fic bunnies are pretty pious. Anyhow ... Chapter 10 of "Everybody's Fine" is up! And, TLM, you might enjoy this, it has a bit of Shep!Whump in it. But he was asking for it, literally!

Hope you enjoy, now back to dinner and writing some more of my other fic!

Comment

@FH and SR, thanks for responding to my concerns. I think if there were "warnings" like in fanfic, i.e., "death of major character" "McKeller" etc. I'd probably read the ones without the pairing without a problem. Because, like I said, I do love most of your ideas.

Comment

Originally posted by Lucylee View Post
        Hi, I have been following your thread with interest for some time now. I applaud your efforts to bring us the virtual season 6 and am/was excited for many of the concepts you are discussing. (Pretend that I am a fan on your Gateworld Season 6 Criticisms and Concerns Thread - you are TPTB so I am writing to you)

What I don't quite get though, is the insistence that this is going to be true to canon. Obviously it is not, the writers and producers eliminated Elizabeth and Kate for a reason (bad reasons, IMO, but they did). So you are quite content to hand wave canon when it suits you. Which is fine, writers prerogative. But I have a hard time processing why you can so easily write back Elizabeth and Kate (which I heartily approve of, BTW) but not even consider breaking up McKeller, one of the most divisive things to ever happen to SGA. That pairing/triangle with Ronon aggravated a significant portion of the SGA fandom, it pitted team mates against each other and was just plain out disliked. If you are going to do another season it would seem quite simple to, in a nice and gentle way, get rid of it. Keep Keller on as a competent physician or have her turn out to be Repli!Keller or something, but do the "viewers" of your season a favor and tweak the show one more time in a positive direction. It doesn't stretch "canon" any more than bringing back some of our favorite characters does.

I am not sure I will be able to stomach reading a season of SGA where they are still a couple, I know I would have had a hard time watching it on TV. I don't read fics where they are still together either unless it is soooo deep in the background I can ignore it. (FF button was my friend for Season 5)

Please don't take this as a hater post, I love the goal you have and the rest of your ideas sound truly wonderful! I mean that. But McKeller is pretty much of a deal breaker for me, unfortunately. Sorry.
        Lucylee, I hope you will give Atlantis Rising a try, even with the inclusion of McKeller. As Southern Red pointed out, it's canon at the end of Season 5, and as one of our stated goals with this project is to stick to show-established canon, we've got to keep it in, regardless of our feelings about it. Heck, we're currently mulling over incorporating additional background material that's come to light on SGU, and most of us here aren't even fans of that show. There are instances where we've found a way to change things a little while still respecting canon, such as our plans for Kate and Elizabeth, and it's possible things may change even more in future seasons. For the moment, however, we want to start off in line with the situation at the end of Season 5 for the sake of continuity. Less of a headache for us in terms of planning, and hopefully a smoother transition for our audience.
        (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
        Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by ShipperWriter View Post

*scans last 5 pages*

*glomps SW*

Speaking of busy, I need to get back to my report on SGU.

Okay, maybe not from the Fic Bunny Gods, but my fic bunnies are pretty pious. Anyhow ... Chapter 10 of "Everybody's Fine" is up! And, TLM, you might enjoy this, it has a bit of Shep!Whump in it. But he was asking for it, literally!

Eeeeee! Girl's night out! Whoo, and check out Teyla going all protective bully on anyone who makes her little brother John cry, ain't that sweet?
          (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
          Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
            *glomps SW*
            Oh, it's nice to be missed!

Speaking of busy, I need to get back to my report on SGU.
            Want some Mtn. Dew to get through it? Or you need something with a little bit more alcohol than that stronger?

Eeeeee! Girl's night out! Whoo, and check out Teyla going all protective bully on anyone who makes her little brother John cry, ain't that sweet?
            Yeah, right after she whoops his butt. So now he can be a manly man and go save the city. Heh.

Comment

Oh, it's nice to be missed!
              *hugs some more*

Want some Mtn. Dew to get through it? Or you need something with a little bit more alcohol than that stronger?
              Heh! I just might!

Yeah, right after she whoops his butt. So now he can be a manly man and go save the city. Heh.
              Ahahahahah! Go git 'em, Sheppy!

Comment

so atlantis rising is going to be close to the canon as possible?

Comment

Yup.
                  Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

*scans last 5 pages*

That was perfect. I love the John/Teyla relationship here. That is just what I always envisioned for them and it would have worked so very well.
                    sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                      That was perfect. I love the John/Teyla relationship here. That is just what I always envisioned for them and it would have worked so very well.
                      *hugs SR*

Thanks, Auntie Red!

I wanted to throw in the other characters, not just as background peeps, but showing how important their relationships and support is to Atlantis, but especially to our Sparky coupling. Cuz in my AU, they totally support it. Except Kavanagh. Sexist pig. Did I just say that out loud?!

Anyhow, little more work on "ODAD" then to bed. I finally remembered the !!! plot line !!! I was gonna throw in. Suffice it to say, some more SGA villains will be making an appearance. Hehehehehehe!!!

Comment

Hello beautiful thread!

For the "official" SGA books:
                        Spoiler:
                        So the writers take the opposite of the show and write what they want? Great for them. Too bad they have to write for many fans and not just 2 people.lol
                        Maybe we can go to "fanfiction.net" and do a book with all of them. The "canon aspect" seems not important.

So are you after this beautiful and loooong Christmas?
                        sigpic
                        Sig made by nephty and avi by Kris....THANK YOU!

Comment

Originally posted by Probie View Post
                          I'm currently sitting in the bathroom (it's warm there, warmer than in the rest of the house), writing some belated christmast cards (hence why I wish everyone of my recipients a merry christmas for 2011 already ).
                          Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

*hugs SR*

Thanks, Auntie Red!

I wanted to throw in the other characters, not just as background peeps, but showing how important their relationships and support is to Atlantis, but especially to our Sparky coupling. Cuz in my AU, they totally support it. Except Kavanagh. Sexist pig. Did I just say that out loud?!

Anyhow, little more work on "ODAD" then to bed. I finally remembered the !!! plot line !!! I was gonna throw in. Suffice it to say, some more SGA villains will be making an appearance. Hehehehehehe!!!
                            Auntie Red. I love that especially since I don't have any real nieces or nephews only some young cousins and friends' kids who call me Aunt.

Hello beautiful thread!

Spoiler:
                            So the writers take the opposite of the show and write what they want? Great for them. Too bad they have to write for many fans and not just 2 people.lol
                            Maybe we can go to "fanfiction.net" and do a book with all of them. The "canon aspect" seems not important.

Hello French daughter. Now I have a niece and a daughter. The family is growing. Your summary of certain books is very accurate according to that review that got posted. And a little bird told me that those fanfics have already been written by one of the authors and just rewritten a bit into the books. Hard to believe such a rumor could possibly be true. Fandom gets a bit hinky sometimes.
                            sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

I forgot to put ther word "how" in my last post.lol A proof that I'm tired.lol

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                              I'm currently sitting in the bathroom (it's warm there, warmer than in the rest of the house), writing some belated christmast cards (hence why I wish everyone of my recipients a merry christmas for 2011 already ).
                              Stay in your bathroom if it's warm.lol
                              BTW, I started to watch "Legend of the Seeker". My niece loves Kahlan so yesterday I had to watch this show with her. I think you're fan of this show.

Hello French daughter. Now I have a niece and a daughter. The family is growing. Your summary of certain books is very accurate according to that review that got posted. And a little bird told me that those fanfics have already been written by one of the authors and just rewritten a bit into the books. Hard to believe such a rumor could possibly be true. Fandom gets a bit hinky sometimes.
                              I prefer SGA Rising. Even if we don't have John/Elizabeth together, I prefer a story that remains close to the show/canon.
                              sigpic
                              Sig made by nephty and avi by Kris....THANK YOU!

Comment

Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Screw the Angst Wednesday from rainy Southern California!

Hello beautiful thread!

Spoiler:

Hiya Probie! Christmas was good! Finally saw Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 1 and ate a ton.

Re: the books... Sadly, they don't seem to realize that they're supposed to be writing the books that will appeal to the entire fandom, not just their small faction of choice.

I prefer SGA Rising. Even if we don't have John/Elizabeth together, I prefer a story that remains close to the show/canon.
                                You and me both. We're doing Atlantis the right way... At least Joe Flanigan loves us!

*snickers* "Hinky." I always liked that word.

Comment

Working...
                                X