Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
    Personally, I never want to see them try ever again... I prefer the fans views over that of (some) PTW.
    Precisely. I shudder to think what they would have done with Sparky. We dodged a bullet. And now we can do it right in fanfic and the other ships can write what they like and everyone is happy.
    sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
      Precisely. I shudder to think what they would have done with Sparky. We dodged a bullet. And now we can do it right in fanfic and the other ships can write what they like and everyone is happy.
      Plus for a good dose of well written female characters - the show was just not the place to be. And my favorite character can be totally kick-ass if they let her be... Teyla, I mean, considering how they killed my primary favorite character.
      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Personally, I never want to see them try ever again... I prefer the fans views over that of (some) PTW.
        Amen to that.

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
        Win-win for everyone!

Plus for a good dose of well written female characters - the show was just not the place to be. And my favorite character can be totally kick-ass if they let her be... Teyla, I mean, considering how they killed my primary favorite character.
        Feh, it's science fiction. Death is only temporary.
        (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
        Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
          Feh, it's science fiction. Death is only temporary.
          Which indeed is a good thing...

Comment

Which indeed is a good thing...
            Yup! AUs, clones, timeline-resetting Ancient doohickeys... It's all good.
            (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
            Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Yup! AUs, clones, timeline-resetting Ancient doohickeys... It's all good.
              Or McKay decides he can play god and bring people back from the dead! Maybe he'll bring back Kolya and we have s'more sparkyshipping.
              BALCONIES
              The Breeding Ground of Ships.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TheLadyMore View Post
                Or McKay decides he can play god and bring people back from the dead! Maybe he'll bring back Kolya and we have s'more sparkyshipping.
                Now there's a thought for future seasons (since, you know, Season 6 is already mapped out)... How to bring back some of the characters we know are really really dead (as opposed to 'mostly dead,' hahaha). People like Peter Grodin or Colonel Sumner would have to be from an AU, but someone like Kolya... Sure, John said in 'Remnants' that Carson confirmed that Kolya was dead, but hey, maybe he faked it somehow. Bit down on some sort of pill that would slow down his heartrate. But how to explain the blood spatter? Trick vest under the clothes? But wouldn't Carson have found that in his examination? Hmm... *continues to ponder*

Comment

Now there's a thought for future seasons (since, you know, Season 6 is already mapped out)... How to bring back some of the characters we know are really really dead (as opposed to 'mostly dead,' hahaha). People like Peter Grodin or Colonel Sumner would have to be from an AU, but someone like Kolya... Sure, John said in 'Remnants' that Carson confirmed that Kolya was dead, but hey, maybe he faked it somehow. Bit down on some sort of pill that would slow down his heartrate. But how to explain the blood spatter? Trick vest under the clothes? But wouldn't Carson have found that in his examination? Hmm... *continues to ponder*
                  Now that is interesting! Maybe RISING Season 7 this will occur and I am so in on it. Muhahaha.

And yes the pill thing is an old but easy trick to use, have anyone seen Sherlock Holmes and Romeo and Juliet? But yes the complication is the bloodspatter. So not only that we have to think how Carson was able to determine Kolya he was dead yet have Kolya make his death convincing.

Or some Genii who were loyal to Kolya get ahold of McKay's neat little device or formula that brings people back from the dead and they use it on him could be a possibility as well.

This why I love AU! So many different possibilities can come out of it!
                  BALCONIES
                  sigpic

Comment

If deaths are done well, and there's actual follow-up and you can tell that characters miss the dead ones, I can easily live with the death of a character, but unfortunately that is also one of the many things TPW were incapable of getting right.

Comment

Originally posted by TheLadyMore View Post
                      Now that is interesting! Maybe RISING Season 7 this will occur and I am so in on it. Muhahaha.

And yes the pill thing is an old but easy trick to use, have anyone seen Sherlock Holmes and Romeo and Juliet? But yes the complication is the bloodspatter. So not only that we have to think how Carson was able to determine Kolya he was dead yet have Kolya make his death convincing.

Or some Genii who were loyal to Kolya get ahold of McKay's neat little device or formula that brings people back from the dead and they use it on him could be a possibility as well.

This why I love AU! So many different possibilities can come out of it!
                      Yup. Ancient healing doohickey, maybe they've got a captive proto-Ascendant to use for their healing abilities... Heehee! AUs are so much fun.

If deaths are done well, and there's actual follow-up and you can tell that characters miss the dead ones, I can easily live with the death of a character, but unfortunately that is also one of the many things TPW were incapable of getting right.
                      Sadly, that's all too true, and one of the great tragedies of the Stargate franchise. All of the missed opportunities.

Comment

Yup. Ancient healing doohickey, maybe they've got a captive proto-Ascendant to use for their healing abilities... Heehee! AUs are so much fun.
                        Touchee so this acendendant has healing power or the power to raise people from the dead, I like that and McKay being God and coming up with the device. *Snickers* I bet McKay will let it go to his head.

....and I am the Queen of AU. So if you need help I am your go to chick!
                        BALCONIES
                        sigpic

Comment

Amen!!!!
                          I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

You know, with SGU canceled there is apparently talk about Gateworld shutting down eventually after the final 10 episodes air. That got me thinking, do you guys all hang out somewhere else online aswell? Because I'd kind of hate to miss out on this thread because of SGU not getting another season.
                            "First Weir, then Samantha Carter, and now, you! It's a pity you humans die or get reassigned so easily, or I might have a sense of satisfaction now!"

*You got the touch! You got the poweeeeer!*

"Arise, Woolseyus Prime."

"Elizabeth..."

Comment

Originally posted by Infinite-Possibilities View Post
                              You know, with SGU canceled there is apparently talk about Gateworld shutting down eventually after the final 10 episodes air. That got me thinking, do you guys all hang out somewhere else online aswell? Because I'd kind of hate to miss out on this thread because of SGU not getting another season.
                              Most of us have livejournal accounts. I guess we can always set up another place to meet, but really? Are you kidding? GW shutting down????
                              I'm not weird, I'm limited edition.

Comment

Originally posted by Anuna View Post
                                Most of us have livejournal accounts. I guess we can always set up another place to meet, but really? Are you kidding? GW shutting down????
                                I don't believe that GW will be shutting down. This show has been running for 17 years and the fandom is still very much alive.
                                There will be always news about Stargate actors, Conventions, Interviews, SciFi, Stargate books, etc.
                                To make a comparison, many Star Trek websites/forums are still alive, with people discussing about episodes aired years and years ago.
                                So ... I wouldn't worry
                                And, just in case, we have LiveJournal and SGARising.com to stick togethere

Comment

Working...
                                X