Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KrisRussel View Post
    If I had known you were gonna bid on that, I wouldn't have!!
    Oh no, that's okay. I wasn't sure I would even be home to bid. It was exciting; I've never done something like this before. Definitely could be addicting.
    sigpic
    sig by SueKay

My Team:

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
      Though admittedly, it's not that much of a secret. After all, we're all pro-Weir, so it would have to go AU at some point.
      really, I was thinking of killing her off for good now *hides*
      Just kidding people

Sig by me

Comment

Originally posted by Irish Eyes View Post
        Oh no, that's okay. I wasn't sure I would even be home to bid. It was exciting; I've never done something like this before. Definitely could be addicting.
        So true!!! and you click that bid button so easily!! But I've been a good girl and kept myself in check. Still went above budget, but I regret nothing... so far
        Won six items so far and I still have my eye on one more!

Sig by me

Comment

*sneaks in* *looks around*
          hello?
          My fanfics:http://evil_bad_evil.livejournal.com/3389.htmlMember of the Sisterhood of the Pantster Fan Fic Writers
          sigpic

Comment

Reporting in from the Stargate live auction:

THE SPARKY MINT JAR IS MINE!!!!!!!

Today is a good day for Sparky. Hahahahahaha!
            Congrats! Were you freaking out like I was when they started having technical difficulties the lot before the Weir stuff came up? OMG. My screen still wasn't right when they did Sedge's picture.

Three - I got Elizabeth's pocket watch. Well, it's more Elizabeth than Sparky, but that's okay.
            OMFG - OUTSTANDING! Congratulations! So excited for you guys!
            sigpic
            Signature by Erin87

Comment

Hi Drew! *glomps*

Just kidding people
              *runs after Kris with tomatoes* LOL!

Heck, it was addicting just watching and chatting with everyone on Ustream! Really, really fun!

Originally posted by SMB_BOOKS View Post

OMFG - OUTSTANDING! Congratulations! So excited for you guys!
              Thanks! Wow, it was so exciting to watch and be a part of everything!
              (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
              Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                Start simple. Try this exercise. Look around the room you are in. Write 5 sentences describing what you see in detail. Here's an example.

Spoiler:
                The small room has two windows, one on each side of a desk with bookshelves above it. The shelves are filled with various pieces of computer equipment, an assortment of remote controls and messy piles of paper. In the center of the desk are a keyboard and large monitor. A small loveseat sits against a wall with a printer stand acting as an end table. It's a comfortable room designed solely for the enjoyment of the woman who sits in the black chair staring intently at the computer screen.

See, not so easy but it fills in the details and gives the reader a sense of the room. No charge for the writing lesson.
                All right, SR lets see what I write.
                Spoiler:
                In the larger living room has three windows, one sliding doors. There is two televisions, a 20" television and another side of the larger living room is 46" HDTV with Dolphins vs Jets game going on. On the wall has an 2010 Pittsburgh Penguins calendar next to the phone flasher. A big computer desk next to 20" television near the sliding door with my laptop and a old computer. A young deaf woman sitting in a comfy old cushion chair, staring at her laptop while she writes a reply on gateworld forum.

Comment

It all comes down to one thing: Never underestimate the power of Jack O'Neill.
                  I will remember that. *Repeats to self, Trust in the O'Neill. The O'Neill is good.*
                  I tell you Teal'c, hockey is the coolest game on Earth!

Did you not say it is played on ice, O'Neill?

Comment

Congrats!!!!!!!!! Another win for Sparky!

Comment

Originally posted by ShipperWriter View Post
                      It's gonna go AU after this, right???????????????

*mimics John's puppy eyes*
                      *Joins in mimicing John's puppy eyes*

Comment

Originally posted by Zangetsu-san View Post
                        Spoiler:
                        In the larger living room has three windows, one sliding doors. There is two televisions, a 20" television and another side of the larger living room is 46" HDTV with Dolphins vs Jets game going on. On the wall has an 2010 Pittsburgh Penguins calendar next to the phone flasher. A big computer desk next to 20" television near the sliding door with my laptop and a old computer. A young deaf woman sitting in a comfy old cushion chair, staring at her laptop while she writes a reply on gateworld forum.
                        Yay! I just noticed your a fellow Pens fan! Now I know have somebody to talk hockey with. I think there are one or two other hockey fans here but I forget.

Comment

You know as I'm working my way through Season 5 on DVD, it is kinda funny that even though I've seen the episodes and remember have opinions on them beforehand, I find myself going through the exact same train of thoughts as when I watched the show the first time around. It's almost like I end up forming my opinions for the first time... again.

Anyway, I've gotten up to Remnants now & once again all the things that I loved and thought could have been improved on all came back to me at once.

I recall when I saw this episode for the first time, I really liked it. Mostly because it finally focused on Sheppard's internal struggle in explicit detail. Even if it was the B-Plot, (which should haven been switched around with the A plot) this was probably the first and ultimately only episode that seemed to actually talk about the fact that John is on something of a downward spiral stemming from the fact that he couldn't save the people he cared about. It was one episode that I thought was probably very heavily referencing Elizabeth (and I guess also all those other guys that he was crushed that he couldn't save). And then it was not until later that I found out later that there was actually a mention of her by name that as cut from the episode. But even without knowing about it, I made that connection.

What got me most about this episode in retrospect though, was the fact that because it's an extremely character driven episode, it feels very much like an episode that was part of an arc. More than most in fact. And despite the fact that not a lot happens in the grand scheme of things (like regarding the wraith and so forth) it still feels like it's addressing something of importance (perhaps more important than anything else really), the character's personal stories. The AI interacted with Woolsey Rodney and John all in a very personal way, and it seemed like it was an episode that felt like it was supposed to be something of an epiphany for John. Possibly to confront his personal demons eventually ater down the road. Which again kind of brings me back to the feeling that Season 5 felt like it was building for something bigger and grander in the future or something.

Anyway, the fact that the actually drew attention to that, especially with Sheppard in particular, just seems a lot like they were actually going to go somewhere with the concept. As it was he last season, it turns out they never did. If the show hadn't been canceled maybe they would have. I know it seems so often like they never would, but I guess you never know.

I guess it's up to the fans how it take it all now, really. Whether in fanficton writing or otherwise.

Speaking of which I really gotta keep working on mine. It's too tempting to take breaks, which then are probably a little too long. *sigh*
                          "First Weir, then Samantha Carter, and now, you! It's a pity you humans die or get reassigned so easily, or I might have a sense of satisfaction now!"

*You got the touch! You got the poweeeeer!*

"Arise, Woolseyus Prime."

"Elizabeth..."

Comment

My Hokies play at noon. This one counts so I hope I don't have to give up football for life. Again.
                            Why not? I have. =\

Congrats! Were you freaking out like I was when they started having technical difficulties the lot before the Weir stuff came up? OMG. My screen still wasn't right when they did Sedge's picture.

Three - I got Elizabeth's pocket watch. Well, it's more Elizabeth than Sparky, but that's okay.
                            Awesome you guys! (Kris, somehow the forum refused me the right to multi-quote your post, too, so I'm wrapping you into this). I'm so excited that you all got the real Sparky goods!
                            Visit SGArising.com to read our virtual continuation of the Atlantis series!

Comment

Hi Drew! *glomps*

*runs after Kris with tomatoes* LOL!

Heck, it was addicting just watching and chatting with everyone on Ustream! Really, really fun!

Thanks! Wow, it was so exciting to watch and be a part of everything!
                              The auction was fascinating to watch. Maybe because I wasn't directly involved in it I was a little more objective. But did it make anybody else feel very sad. For the first time since the show ended, I got the feeling that it's really over. I know JM and others have said they could easily rebuild the sets and do a movie but I don't see how that's going to be possible with everything down to the floor tiles being sold. How much did they get for the SGA gate, BTW?

Spoiler:
                              Okay, you've got the basic facts but need work on your sentence structure and grammar. I wish I had time to help you but am going on vacation this Wednesday until late October. I would suggest getting a basic English grammar book and start with writing complete sentences. Here is one simple but excellent source: http://www.bbc.co.uk/skillswise/word...orksheet.shtml Good luck and show me what you've done when I get back. Homework, OMG! Oh and I realized a lot of us *points to self* don't help by writing here in incomplete sentences. Don't use anything you read on a forum as a good example of English sentence structure. Every sentence must have a subject and verb. We are really bad examples. What? You know we are.

Originally posted by Infinite-Possibilities View Post
                              You know as I'm working my way through Season 5 on DVD, it is kinda funny that even though I've seen the episodes and remember have opinions on them beforehand, I find myself going through the exact same train of thoughts as when I watched the show the first time around. It's almost like I end up forming my opinions for the first time... again.

Anyway, I've gotten up to Remnants now & once again all the things that I loved and thought could have been improved on all came back to me at once.

I recall when I saw this episode for the first time, I really liked it. Mostly because it finally focused on Sheppard's internal struggle in explicit detail. Even if it was the B-Plot, (which should haven been switched around with the A plot) this was probably the first and ultimately only episode that seemed to actually talk about the fact that John is on something of a downward spiral stemming from the fact that he couldn't save the people he cared about. It was one episode that I thought was probably very heavily referencing Elizabeth (and I guess also all those other guys that he was crushed that he couldn't save). And then it was not until later that I found out later that there was actually a mention of her by name that as cut from the episode. But even without knowing about it, I made that connection.

What got me most about this episode in retrospect though, was the fact that because it's an extremely character driven episode, it feels very much like an episode that was part of an arc. More than most in fact. And despite the fact that not a lot happens in the grand scheme of things (like regarding the wraith and so forth) it still feels like it's addressing something of importance (perhaps more important than anything else really), the character's personal stories. The AI interacted with Woolsey Rodney and John all in a very personal way, and it seemed like it was an episode that felt like it was supposed to be something of an epiphany for John. Possibly to confront his personal demons eventually ater down the road. Which again kind of brings me back to the feeling that Season 5 felt like it was building for something bigger and grander in the future or something.

Anyway, the fact that the actually drew attention to that, especially with Sheppard in particular, just seems a lot like they were actually going to go somewhere with the concept. As it was he last season, it turns out they never did. If the show hadn't been canceled maybe they would have. I know it seems so often like they never would, but I guess you never know.

I guess it's up to the fans how it take it all now, really. Whether in fanficton writing or otherwise.

Speaking of which I really gotta keep working on mine. It's too tempting to take breaks, which then are probably a little too long. *sigh*
                              I'm glad you posted this because I feel the same way. I thought John got extremely shortchanged in S5. Even more the other 4 seasons. I know this was probably from behind the scenes situations. JF alluded to there being problems with him in Chicago. It all boils down to unprofessional writers who let their personal feelings influence how they were writing their show. The hero should have been the hero and should have been #1 always when writing arcs. But we all know they did not consider Sheppard their #1.

I think we're lucky we got as much as we did on him and that's mostly thanks to Joe's persistence. In relation to your assessment of Remnants and John's state of mind I have a question for everyone.

Does John have PTSD? Is his behavior consistent with someone who is mentally unstable? If so, what was the cause and how should it be treated?
                              sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

The watch has shared scenes with Sparky. It counts!

That's the plan, according to Kris.

Heheheh... we're always in the gutter.

We'll definitely have fun, hope you do too!
                                GUTTER SHIPPER!!!

And yeah, I had fun!!! Sounds like I missed alot!

Just kidding people

Originally posted by mandogater View Post
                                I will remember that. *Repeats to self, Trust in the O'Neill. The O'Neill is good.*
                                Isn't that the whole premise of Stargate??? LOL

Spoiler:
                                Nice job! Very descriptive! I have some friends that are Deaf and I know it's hard for them sometimes to write English, but being Deaf it makes you describe things in detail, which is great for storywriting! You're doing a good job!

The auction was fascinating to watch. Maybe because I wasn't directly involved in it I was a little more objective. But did it make anybody else feel very sad. For the first time since the show ended, I got the feeling that it's really over. I know JM and others have said they could easily rebuild the sets and do a movie but I don't see how that's going to be possible with everything down to the floor tiles being sold. How much did they get for the SGA gate, BTW?
                                *crying my eyes out*

Okay, you've got the basic facts but need work on your sentence structure and grammar. I wish I had time to help you but am going on vacation this Wednesday until late October. I would suggest getting a basic English grammar book and start with writing complete sentences. Here is one simple but excellent source: http://www.bbc.co.uk/skillswise/word...orksheet.shtml Good luck and show me what you've done when I get back. Homework, OMG! Oh and I realized a lot of us *points to self* don't help by writing here in incomplete sentences. Don't use anything you read on a forum as a good example of English sentence structure. Every sentence must have a subject and verb. We are really bad examples. What? You know we are.
                                Good suggestion, SR! You're gonna be gone til late October??? You still gonna be in touch or in cognito? And yes. We are horrible examples!!!

I'm glad you posted this because I feel the same way. I thought John got extremely shortchanged in S5. Even more the other 4 seasons. I know this was probably from behind the scenes situations. JF alluded to there being problems with him in Chicago. It all boils down to unprofessional writers who let their personal feelings influence how they were writing their show. The hero should have been the hero and should have been #1 always when writing arcs. But we all know they did not consider Sheppard their #1.

I think we're lucky we got as much as we did on him and that's mostly thanks to Joe's persistence. In relation to your assessment of Remnants and John's state of mind I have a question for everyone.

Does John have PTSD? Is his behavior consistent with someone who is mentally unstable? If so, what was the cause and how should it be treated?
                                I agree, it seems John just wasn't himself after the events of early S4 ... Even if, according to TPTB, and I'm saying, we strongly disagree on this, they weren't in a relationship, Elizabeth was the person that had so much faith in him, even when she didn't know him ... and even when she knew about his black mark. Losing the person that has had your back for four years is always tough to take.

But when you lose your lover, your best friend, your everything, it makes you wanna take on a lot more suicide missions.

And it makes us count all the ways that we can keep her alive!

Anyhow, jumping back to something Anuna posted a while back, are we still coming up with all the possible scenarios why John and Elizabeth would pretend to be married???

Mine again: planet has Alpha Female system, top one being married females. John has to pretend to be married to Elizabeth cause she's on top.

*looks at writing pun then decides to leave it*

Comment

Working...
                                X