No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maybe instead of giving me sugar, you should have it yourself.
    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
      Hellooo? Anyone here? Or is everyone hard at work on Atlantis Rising (which I should be, but I'm juggling four other things at once ).
      I'm here. Just finished watching Bones (rant, rant, rant).
      Had a crappy working week.
      Not to mention the fact that I want to kill my methan gas supplier, for not sending invoices for more than one year and now requiring that I pay 5 invoices all together and he did invoice much more gas than I really used. It's going to be a nightmare.
      I need a Sparky fic.

Comment

I'm here, but busy watching Farscape doing research for the fic!

Sig by me

Comment

Missing Moments Chapter 54: Submersion
          Enjoy!!

Spoiler:
          54: Submersion

(after John splits the team into two groups)

Elizabeth gave him a smile. "You're with me or I'm with you? Good way of keeping us quiet."

He gave her a bit of a grin. "Well, frankly I'm getting tired of keeping us quiet."

She returned his smile. "Honestly? So am I."

He stopped, turned her to him and gently put his hand on her stomach. "Soon we'll have to tell them cause this little one will start showing."

Her smile grew and she covered his hand with hers. "I'm still in denial about it."

"I know. It's still sorta surreal. But so good." He leaned in closer and gave her a kiss. "So very good."

She let out a content sigh and cupped his cheek in her palm. "It is."

John leaned into her touch and turned his face to drop a gentle kiss on her palm. Then he slightly stepped away. "Come on, we should continue. We still have a job to do."

Elizabeth nodded and followed right behind him.

Sig by me

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
            Good morning, Sparkies! Happy Pretty Friday!

Hahahah! I'm getting such a kick out of Sheppard and Lorne as a detective team!
            Yeah, I have a feeling all the peeps from Atlantis are gonna find their way into this fic. I'm still organizing the offices!

Originally posted by KrisRussel View Post
            Missing Moments Chapter 54: Submersion
            Enjoy!!

Spoiler:
            54: Submersion

(after John splits the team into two groups)

Elizabeth gave him a smile. "You're with me or I'm with you? Good way of keeping us quiet."

He gave her a bit of a grin. "Well, frankly I'm getting tired of keeping us quiet."

She returned his smile. "Honestly? So am I."

He stopped, turned her to him and gently put his hand on her stomach. "Soon we'll have to tell them cause this little one will start showing."

Her smile grew and she covered his hand with hers. "I'm still in denial about it."

"I know. It's still sorta surreal. But so good." He leaned in closer and gave her a kiss. "So very good."

She let out a content sigh and cupped his cheek in her palm. "It is."

John leaned into her touch and turned his face to drop a gentle kiss on her palm. Then he slightly stepped away. "Come on, we should continue. We still have a job to do."

Elizabeth nodded and followed right behind him.
            Ooh, I love John! *sees glares from all the other female members of this forum*

But not as much as Elizabeth! :-D

Comment

is anybody else having trouble verifying their eBay id for the auction tomorrow? *kicks site* I keep getting an error

Sig by me

Comment

Girls and guys, you might wanna check this out and spread the word http://www.twitlonger.com/show/66gt6f

Spread the word! It's what Joe asked us to do.

Spoiler:

JoeFlanigan

Also, maybe we can get this sent off GateWorld and other fan sites. I welcome the help

JoeFlanigan

“Joe, is there any way we can simply donate without bidding on the auctions?” Yes. Visit www.friendsofsarahgeary.com
                I'm not weird, I'm limited edition.

Comment

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                  I am so very guilty of neglecting my homework. I've done a few pages and the rough outline of my first episode but am not feeling it. Maybe when I get back from vacation.
                  Heh! Vacay seemed to reenergize me, but it's still hard to find the time...

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                  Maybe instead of giving me sugar, you should have it yourself.
                  Heeheehee!

Originally posted by nephtys59 View Post
                  I'm here. Just finished watching Bones (rant, rant, rant).
                  Had a crappy working week.
                  Not to mention the fact that I want to kill my methan gas supplier, for not sending invoices for more than one year and now requiring that I pay 5 invoices all together and he did invoice much more gas than I really used. It's going to be a nightmare.
                  I need a Sparky fic.
                  Grr! That's not nice! *sporks stupid gas supplier*

Originally posted by KrisRussel View Post
                  is anybody else having trouble verifying their eBay id for the auction tomorrow? *kicks site* I keep getting an error
                  The eBay login window came up for me, but the part of the screen with the all important 'sign in' button is cut off, so I can't finish. I'm not sure it really matters for those of us who haven't bought anything from Propworx via eBay, though.

Speaking of the auction, I just got some new pics of the back of the Repli!Weir jacket from "Be All My Sins Remember'd" that's being auctioned tomorrow; they're in the Weir/Torri WOW thread.

And EEEEEE! Your Missing Moment for Submersion was so cute! Any excuse for John to steal a kiss from Lizzeh is a good excuse!
                  (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                  Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Joe is on twitter asking for help for his friend and her family (same one the charitybuzz auction is for). There's also a link for general donations to the family. www.friendsofsarahgeary.com

This is the letter he just posted on twitter.
                    Spoiler:

On Friday 24th September 2010, @JoeFlanigan said:

Letter from Joe
                    I would like to introduce everyone to my close friend Sarah Geary. Earlier this year she was diagnosed with ALS, also known as Lou Gehrigs disease. She has been unfortunately declining ever since. Despite the effects of this cruel disease, she manages to continually enrich the lives of those around her in the most amazing ways. My wife Katherine and I have been profoundly effected by her iron will, piercing intellect and abominable charm. It seems like health and spirit have an inverse relationship with Sarah. Her husband Tim has been overwhelmed with the practical and emotional demands of this crisis, all the while attending to a demanding full time job.

At the end of the day, however, the outcome is certain. Sarah will slowly and sometimes painfully diminish toward death. The medical demands and costs are staggering and, in some ways, constitute a second tragedy for the family. They have been living in the guest house of some very generous friends, which gives them proximity to the doctors. They have also been spending many of their weekends with my family in Malibu, where Sarah, Tim and the kids feel genuinely relaxed and welcome in their 'adopted home'. Recently Sarah has lost her speech and we now have to carry her in and out of the house. And while she has been robbed of so much of the communication we all take for granted, she manages to almost vibrate silently with affection for everyone and everything around her.

I feel remarkably blessed in my career. One thing I feel so proud of is the special relationship that we, actors of The Stargate franchises, have with our fans. If there ever was a chip I could cash in on for my success, this would be it. My uncharacteristic seriousness should only underscore the sobering obligation I feel toward Sarah.

I'm asking all of us to rally for Sarah Geary and her family. We can make her last days as comfortable as possible and help Tim and the kids transition to the next chapter of their lives. Unlike donations to a large organization where it is difficult to measure the impact of your contribution, your money will have a direct and immediate impact on her well-being from breathing apparatus' to night nurses. Tim and I will be keep everyone in touch by informing them of the process.

David Hewlett and I are auctioning off a lunch together in Los Angeles. David will be forced to eat lemons and laugh at my same joke that I will continually repeat throughout the meal. Additionally, and perhaps more shockingly, I am auctioning off my trusty skateboard that has reliably transported me around the studio-lot for many years and has appeared in scenes through out the Stargate Atlantis series. Yes, folks, I brought my skateboard to space. Please visit: http://www.charitybuzz.com/auctions/joeflanigan

So please, join me and my friends in our support of Sara Geary. Look forward to seeing everyone soon.

Will post ongoing info on the JS/JF Thunk thread.
                    John Sheppard - thunkable, whumpable but absolutely NOT shippable - he's mine and I'm keeping him.

sigpic
                    sig and avi by mrscopterdoc for Secret Santa 2015
                    Recommended Sheppard/Team Sheppard Fics

Comment

I understand that he wants to make a difference in this person's life, or what's left of it, but what about others with ALS who are less fortunate to have such friends?

I'm sorry if this sounds harsh, but two people I know died of this disease. Wouldn't it be more helpful if the money they'd make go to research or an organization that helps people with ALS?

Sorry to be OT and yes, if you feel like shooting me go ahead, but that's how I feel.
                      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

I understand that he wants to make a difference in this person's life, or what's left of it, but what about others with ALS who are less fortunate to have such friends?

I'm sorry if this sounds harsh, but two people I know died of this disease. Wouldn't it be more helpful if the money they'd make go to research or an organization that helps people with ALS?

Sorry to be OT and yes, if you feel like shooting me go ahead, but that's how I feel.
                        *hugs* I completely understand how you feel - not to go OT here, I can explain in PM a bit later. *hugs*
                        I'm not weird, I'm limited edition.

Comment

Originally posted by Anuna View Post
                          Girls and guys, you might wanna check this out and spread the word http://www.twitlonger.com/show/66gt6f

Spread the word! It's what Joe asked us to do.

Spoiler:

JoeFlanigan

Also, maybe we can get this sent off GateWorld and other fan sites. I welcome the help

JoeFlanigan

“Joe, is there any way we can simply donate without bidding on the auctions?” Yes. Visit www.friendsofsarahgeary.com
                          Mr. SR is writing a check even as we speak. His best friend has ALS and it has been a nightmare. I totally know what Joe and all Sarah's friends are going through.

No, it would not be better. As Joe said, he wants to make sure the money actually gets to Sarah and her family and this is the best way to do it. So many large charities take money off the top and it never gets where it is needed. Research is good and those organizations need money too but this is a way to directly help someone he knows and as friends of Joe's we can help his friend have a more comfortable death. I admire his and his family's courage in getting so directly involved and am praying for Sarah and her family also.
                          sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

OT:

Of Detectives and Doctors. Chapter 3.

And I'm out.

Comment

Originally posted by ShipperWriter View Post
                              There's something very wrong at FF.net because the link gives error:

FanFiction.Net ErrorAn error has occurred while processing your request.
                              Please email this error message to via [email protected].
                              All errors are logged for administrative and security purposes.

I've noticed that a lot of links give same error, I hope they fix it soon.

Comment

SR and Scary Kitty

Thats funny thing is, that drabble idea came to life after which is I was working on unfinished fic from 3 years ago, I think I might have to read it again before doing the re-write whole fic itself, or something maybe throw in "Elizabeth pulling a ascended daniel jackson". I would have to figure out about beta thing and also I have no idea how to turn that bloody review thing off that blocks the anonymous reviewers from writing their reviews on the fic.

Comment

Working...
                                X