No announcement yet.

Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Now I'm continuing with rewatching all of SG1. Landed on the second disk of the 10th season and honestly... Landry making the mating duck sound... *diez laughing*
    200 is almost up too!! So looking forward to seeing that again

Sig by me

Comment

I'll prolly be there too then... especially if it's Chevron. I love that con!!
      So will I. The Chevron is one of the best in the UK if not the best. I wish it was Chevron I was going to on Sunday.

Comment

Originally posted by lizabeth39 View Post
        So will I. The Chevron is one of the best in the UK if not the best. I wish it was Chevron I was going to on Sunday.
        Three of us in the same room. This can be funny.
        sigpic
        Sig made by nephty and avi by Kris....THANK YOU!

Comment

Originally posted by lizabeth39 View Post
          If it had been Chevron this weekend, you could have counted me in

Originally posted by Probie View Post
          Three of us in the same room. This can be funny.
          That's gonna be tons of fun
          I'm already looking forward to it

Sig by me

Comment

ZOMFG!!!! I love 200!!!!! Best SG1 episode EVER!!!!!!!!

Sig by me

Comment

Well, Favorite, besides Pegasus Project of course

Sig by me

Comment

Originally posted by KrisRussel View Post
                I hate it. Ok "hate" is a big word but not my favorite.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Probie View Post
                  I hate it. Ok "hate" is a big word but not my favorite.
                  It's hilarious!! All the little jabs to Star Wars, Star Trek, Farscape, bad horror movies, ... and best of all themselves!! It has me on the floor every time I watch it!!

SK, did you post an sgarising tweet? Cause I got one through my phone, went to check if the twitterfeed on the website updated properly and couldn't find your tweet. So I freaked out, tried to find out what was wrong with it, but now I can't even find that post on Twitter itself. It's still on my phone though... *iz confused*

Sig by me

Comment

It's hilarious!! All the little jabs to Star Wars, Star Trek, Farscape, bad horror movies, ... and best of all themselves!! It has me on the floor every time I watch it!!
                    I like the Teal'c Muppet
                    sigpic

Comment

SK, did you post an sgarising tweet? Cause I got one through my phone, went to check if the twitterfeed on the website updated properly and couldn't find your tweet. So I freaked out, tried to find out what was wrong with it, but now I can't even find that post on Twitter itself. It's still on my phone though... *iz confused*
                      As a matter of fact, I did. And then when I logged out, the tweet disappeared. I cleared my cache and reloaded the page repeatedly, and the damn thing wouldn't come up. I thought there was something wrong with Twitter and that the new tweet had somehow gotten marked private, but I couldn't find anything. So in total frustration, I deleted the tweet. Curse you, Twitter!
                      (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                      Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Just replied to a question one of our followers had, and Twitter's still doing the disappearing act when I log off. But the tweets are there when I'm logged on. Weird. Gonna go ahead and repost the tweet from earlier and we'll see what happens.
                        (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                        Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by Infinite-Possibilities View Post
                          You know what's really funny? I just watched that episode the other day and was about to comment on exactly that. I finds it's a really good episode for a variety of reasons, but that line stuck out when I didn't notice it before. There are actually several moments like that in the franchise. You don't really notice beforehand. Personally I never really realized how big of an impact Elizabeth had on the show until she was gone. In a manner of speaking, It's sort of like thinking about one of your limbs. It just isn't something that you think aobut unless you specifically stop and think about it.

I kinda wish we'd seen more SG-1/SGA crossovers, especially with the old team. Especially since SG-1 were supposed to know her quite well after because she took over command of the SGC following Hammond.

Sam dosn't count. She was just twisted into a role that didn't suit her. So I never felt like we were seeing an acutal crossover. Although, I thought Daniel actually did a good job fitting in during his episodes though - more so than expected really
                          Well, tptb wanted Sam to be part of SGA, so more crossovers would have been a perfect way to solve that. And they could have kept Elizabeth in.

Side remark: what I really noticed about Elizabeth in Pegasus Project was how happy and content she looked.

Anyway, I didn't like the fact that Atlantis and Earth made contact so quickly and I totally hated the midwaystation that made the travel almost instantaneous.
                          I cheered when it got blown up

It's sorta like SGU with the communication stones. Just let them solve their sh*t by themselves and stop dragging people from Earth in!!

I would have loved to see Atlantis fighting for their survival on their own, finding food, getting an Alpha base up and running to provide them with extra food, wood, ... And see more city exploration. Definitely that! In Pegasus Project, Liz says that they have explored around half of the city, why didn't we get to see more of that?

And then maybe after five years or even longer, Earth could locate them, but they've all become such an integral part of Pegasus that none of them are really interested in returning to Earth and the IOA has no choice but to declare Atlantis a colony. Some will have married to "aliens", John and Liz would have paired up (obviously ). Their uniforms will have been replaced by more local gear. There are allies living in the city and it's become a thriving metropolis.
                          It could have been so AWESOME without any involvement from Earth or SG1, but tptb were convinced the SG fans wanted to see more familiar faces. Even though the SGA fans really weren't interested in that.
                          Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                          Thank you. Many of us here on this thread are the people behind SGARising. And you can join us in some capacity if you want to. We always need art and of course we will be brainstorming ideas. Just watch the thread.

The first couple of episodes are under construction and we will be letting you know when they will be ready for the public. It will be several months I'm sure as we are being meticulous and careful.

In case you missed the birth of this project, it all started with a conversation our Scary Kitty had with Joe Flanigan at a con last fall. And then Kris talked to him some more about it at FedCon. He fully supports our ideas and even made a few suggestions of his own. Torri also knows about it. And Joe said he was going to tell David. We are quite excited by all that.

Thanks for the good review. You can also take part. Just keep reading.

I love crossovers. Always have on any show. What I didn't like was how they brought Sam in and turned her into Weirlite. I also noticed in Pegasus Project that John seemed so proud of the place when he was showing Cam around. Like a husband showing a guest the house while the womenfolk were in the kitchen. LOL So cute.

Some of us were talking on a general ship thread about how funny it would have been if there had been more Vala/John interaction. I would love to see how Elizabeth handled that. LOL
                          And your idea about how things would have worked with them being cut off from Earth is how I always envisioned it.
                          I agree with all the bolded stuff about Atlantis, Elizabeth, John, Sam, John/Vala and Crossovers. lol
                          And your welcome SR

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                          It's not really clear. There's no mention of the gate bridge in Pegasus Project (you'd think that since Carter was there, we'd have heard about it if that project had started), so I assume PP is before Irresistible, the first episode we hear about it. Maybe McKay and Carter come up with the idea on the way back from their little trip during PP?

The gate bridge and the communication stones are a crutch. (Yeah, I cheered when Midway Station got blown up, too. )
                          I think PP is before Irresistible too. And I'm not a big fan of the communication stones or the gate bridge either.

Originally posted by nephtys59 View Post
                          Just for fun

Spoiler:

Any prompts? Or motto?
                          Originally posted by nephtys59 View Post
                          Hope you like my picture choice for that

Spoiler:
                          Nice pics.

Now I'm continuing with rewatching all of SG1. Landed on the second disk of the 10th season and honestly... Landry making the mating duck sound... *diez laughing*
                          200 is almost up too!! So looking forward to seeing that again
                          That was funny lol .

Well, Favorite, besides Pegasus Project of course
                          Both eps were great, especially Pegasus Project.

OK, that was a lot lol. I think I'm all caught up for now.
                          sigpic

Comment

Latest update to the Twitter saga: Both tweets are now showing up even when I'm not logged on. Looks like Twitter is just being really slllloooowwwww today. Bah. *headdesk*

Comment

Heads up to EM, SK, Southernred and anyone else in charge of sgarising.com, I see no way to comment on the blog. You have to log in to comment and there's no way to register an account or anything. I don't know if it's like a livejournal thing where you log in through that or what, but irregradless, I suggest allowing anonymous comments. I, for one, am much more willing to comment if I don't have to join something to do so and I think others would be too. But anyway, maybe it's just me, but right now I don't see anyway to comment even if I wanted to get some sort of account.

Comment

Originally posted by Lizabeth View Post
                                Heads up to EM, SK, Southernred and anyone else in charge of sgarising.com, I see no way to comment on the blog. You have to log in to comment and there's no way to register an account or anything. I don't know if it's like a livejournal thing where you log in through that or what, but irregradless, I suggest allowing anonymous comments. I, for one, am much more willing to comment if I don't have to join something to do so and I think others would be too. But anyway, maybe it's just me, but right now I don't see anyway to comment even if I wanted to get some sort of account.
                                Right now, the only people with login privileges are writers/artists working on the project. We'd like to open up some more features (like commenting on blog posts, chat room) to everyone in the future, but Kris (who is our webmistress) is still working out how to limit the public accounts, due to security concerns. Stay tuned.

Comment

Working...
                                X