Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mandogater View Post
    Glad to be of service SK!

Now that I think about it, other than everybody that blew up the asteroids early in season four, did anybody other than Sheppard shot fire a drone from one of the Jumpers in actual combat?
    Originally posted by Anuna View Post
    @SK - someone did shot that dart in late season 1.... Carson?
    Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
    That's what I'm thinking, too. The dart shot down the other jumper, but I didn't remember if they had managed to get a shot off first before they went down (I'm guessing not).
    There was also Carson firing the drone at the uber-Wraith to save Ronon in Sateda.

Joe's tweets are absolutely cracking me up.
    Visit SGArising.com to read our virtual continuation of the Atlantis series!

Comment

Originally posted by KrisRussel View Post
      Nuna, talking about that AU... Any news on it??
      You and few others keep asking about it and I take it as a sign I should finish it. I am currently working on another fic for otl_fest (it's Castle and SGA crossover!)

How about a little teaser - snippet? A sneak peak into what I have planned for this fic? For those who don't know, John is a country - rock star in this fic, or rather a former one, and Rodney is his manager. Long story short, here is a link to The simple things, chapter one and chapter two.

Spoiler:
      -

Andrew couldn’t decide if he hated the waiting or the clean, sterilized hospital setting more. Mom was in there, for hours it seemed, and he was out here, alone. Teyla called him earlier, worried but calm, and he was the one assuring her he was okay. He felt he shouldn’t ask her to come over, regardless of her suggesting it. There was probably work she still had to do, and if she came here, instead being there for shooting promotions and everything would make mom even more worried and pissed, and well, mom didn’t need that. Andrew didn't need that either, but he wasn't sure how he was supposed to handle this.

Andrew thought about calling his dad. Ladon. He was supposed to be the dad. Andrew picked up the phone and dialed, getting an automated response of a mechanic voice to leave a message. He sighed and tried Ladon's office and Kate, the secretary, told him Ladon wasn't in town. He was in Johannesburg on some sort of a corporate meeting. Andrew sighed and thanked her before she was done explaining, ended the call and then thought of John. He still felt angry and hurt, but if Andrew knew his mother, then she probably didn’t told John Sheppard about her condition, and Andrew doubted John would be so harsh to her if he knew what was going on. The fight they had was pretty bad, and it was about him, and John looked pretty bad and pissed when they left.

And then, Andrew thought about just talking to him. Just telling him what was going on, hearing a familiar voice on the other end of the line. He liked John, and he didn’t like the way he and mom left Colorado, and then his fingers just started typing. John’s cell phone was ringing and ringing, and Andrew felt his heart sinking lower in his chest when he thought John wouldn’t pick up. But then he did.

“Yes?”

“Um, John? It’s Andrew,” he said reluctantly, turning his back to the Doctor’s office door, as if he could hide.

“Hey,” John sounded out of breath. “I was just outside and left my cell phone in. Sorry. What’s up?”

Andrew licked his lips, and held a breath realizing he was afraid. Suddenly he wished someone was here. He’d take anyone. Anyone.

“Andrew?”

And John was on the other end of the line, and at the same time, too far away.

“Mom is sick,” he blurted out, feeling like a kid when he did. “That’s why we left. Bet she didn’t tell you.”

“Andrew? What’s going on with your mom?”

John's voice sounded both alarmed and protective, and Andrew wasn’t pondering if he should tell him or not. He just had to tell someone, because it was only Teyla who knew at the moment.

But Andrew didn't want Teyla.

“She’s got cancer. Breast cancer. The doctor says it's not the worst kind but I don't really get that stuff. Cancer is pretty bad, I mean... She’ll probably have surgery in few days, and…,” his voice broke a little, and his throat jammed. Damn, he wasn't crying. There was a brief silence and then John spoke.

“I’ll be there as soon as I can.”

-

There was no argument. John got Mitchell, McKay, Teyla and Jennifer in the same room and explained. Nobody even tried to stop him, and Mitchell hovered around him the whole time he was packing.

“You can take care of the rest of the stuff?”

“Don’t worry. Everything we need is already recorded. I know you never liked the production phase too much.”

“Nah. You’re the one who’s good at that stuff,” said John, looking at his now packed bag.

“Yeah.”

“Good.”

They looked each other awkwardly, and then Mitchell came closer to pat him on the shoulder. The pat turned into a manly half hug, brief and tense.

“I’m sorry for that…. creative block thing,” said Mitchell.

“Forget it, man. You were right, anyway,” saying it out loud felt like a relief.

John frowned, looking his friend in the eye. Mitchell stuffed his hands in his pockets.

“I hope she’ll be well,” he said, and John only nodded. He couldn’t afford thinking about what would happen if it turned out differently.

“Take care of the stuff here.”

“Sure thing,” said Mitchell. “check your e mails once in a while.”

“I will,” John closed his traveling case and then just stood there, holding it.

“Go, now. I’m not goin’ anywhere until all is done like it should be done,” said Mitchell.

Nothing more had to be said, really. John felt at peace about that conversation, sat in his car and left, but not before Jennifer managed to give him a tight hug.

“I'll be thinking of both of you,” she said and tried to smooth down his hair. He gave her a half of the smile and waved.

It took a two hour drive, four hours of wait, and six hours on the plane. John was tired, didn’t sleep much, and when his plane laded in L.A. it was past midnight. John rented a car and found a motel, well outside everything and simply crashed onto the mattress. No matter how much he wanted to get to her, as soon as possible, Elizabeth probably wouldn’t appreciate if he came in the wee hours of the morning.

Despite his tiredness, it took him a long time to fall asleep.
      I'm not weird, I'm limited edition.

Comment

Originally posted by Eri13 View Post
        There was also Carson firing the drone at the uber-Wraith to save Ronon in Sateda.
        D'oh! How could I forget that one? *headdesk*

Joe's tweets are absolutely cracking me up.
        Like his latest one:

Q-Why did you pick a picture of you looking so glum for you icon pic?

A-That's my happy look sweetheart 25 minutes ago via Twitter for iPhone

*dies laughing* I love it when Joe gets snarky.
        (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
        Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

You and few others keep asking about it and I take it as a sign I should finish it. I am currently working on another fic for otl_fest (it's Castle and SGA crossover!)

How about a little teaser - snippet? A sneak peak into what I have planned for this fic? For those who don't know, John is a country - rock star in this fic, or rather a former one, and Rodney is his manager. Long story short, here is a link to The simple things, chapter one and chapter two.

Spoiler:
          -

Andrew couldn’t decide if he hated the waiting or the clean, sterilized hospital setting more. Mom was in there, for hours it seemed, and he was out here, alone. Teyla called him earlier, worried but calm, and he was the one assuring her he was okay. He felt he shouldn’t ask her to come over, regardless of her suggesting it. There was probably work she still had to do, and if she came here, instead being there for shooting promotions and everything would make mom even more worried and pissed, and well, mom didn’t need that. Andrew didn't need that either, but he wasn't sure how he was supposed to handle this.

Andrew thought about calling his dad. Ladon. He was supposed to be the dad. Andrew picked up the phone and dialed, getting an automated response of a mechanic voice to leave a message. He sighed and tried Ladon's office and Kate, the secretary, told him Ladon wasn't in town. He was in Johannesburg on some sort of a corporate meeting. Andrew sighed and thanked her before she was done explaining, ended the call and then thought of John. He still felt angry and hurt, but if Andrew knew his mother, then she probably didn’t told John Sheppard about her condition, and Andrew doubted John would be so harsh to her if he knew what was going on. The fight they had was pretty bad, and it was about him, and John looked pretty bad and pissed when they left.

And then, Andrew thought about just talking to him. Just telling him what was going on, hearing a familiar voice on the other end of the line. He liked John, and he didn’t like the way he and mom left Colorado, and then his fingers just started typing. John’s cell phone was ringing and ringing, and Andrew felt his heart sinking lower in his chest when he thought John wouldn’t pick up. But then he did.

“Yes?”

“Um, John? It’s Andrew,” he said reluctantly, turning his back to the Doctor’s office door, as if he could hide.

“Hey,” John sounded out of breath. “I was just outside and left my cell phone in. Sorry. What’s up?”

Andrew licked his lips, and held a breath realizing he was afraid. Suddenly he wished someone was here. He’d take anyone. Anyone.

“Andrew?”

“Mom is sick,” he blurted out, feeling like a kid when he did. “That’s why we left. Bet she didn’t tell you.”

John's voice sounded both alarmed and protective, and Andrew wasn’t pondering if he should tell him or not. He just had to tell someone, because it was only Teyla who knew at the moment.

“She’s got cancer. Breast cancer. The doctor says it's not the worst kind but I don't really get that stuff. Cancer is pretty bad, I mean... She’ll probably have surgery in few days, and…,” his voice broke a little, and his throat jammed. Damn, he wasn't crying. There was a brief silence and then John spoke.

-

There was no argument. John got Mitchell, McKay, Teyla and Jennifer in the same room and explained. Nobody even tried to stop him, and Mitchell hovered around him the whole time he was packing.

“Don’t worry. Everything we need is already recorded. I know you never liked the production phase too much.”

“Nah. You’re the one who’s good at that stuff,” said John, looking at his now packed bag.

“Yeah.”

“Good.”

They looked each other awkwardly, and then Mitchell came closer to pat him on the shoulder. The pat turned into a manly half hug, brief and tense.

“Forget it, man. You were right, anyway,” saying it out loud felt like a relief.

John frowned, looking his friend in the eye. Mitchell stuffed his hands in his pockets.

“I hope she’ll be well,” he said, and John only nodded. He couldn’t afford thinking about what would happen if it turned out differently.

“Go, now. I’m not goin’ anywhere until all is done like it should be done,” said Mitchell.

Nothing more had to be said, really. John felt at peace about that conversation, sat in his car and left, but not before Jennifer managed to give him a tight hug.

“I'll be thinking of both of you,” she said and tried to smooth down his hair. He gave her a half of the smile and waved.

It took a two hour drive, four hours of wait, and six hours on the plane. John was tired, didn’t sleep much, and when his plane laded in L.A. it was past midnight. John rented a car and found a motel, well outside everything and simply crashed onto the mattress. No matter how much he wanted to get to her, as soon as possible, Elizabeth probably wouldn’t appreciate if he came in the wee hours of the morning.

*wibbles and hugs Andrew* Eeeee, I want more of this fic! *flails arms and squees*
          (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
          Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Regarding Joe's icon pic - I'd say that's his hawt look, but that's just me. (And SR, probably). HAHA! Oh his snarkiness. I luff him. In a non creepy way, mind you.
            I'm not weird, I'm limited edition.

Comment

Regarding Joe's icon pic - I'd say that's his hawt look, but that's just me. (And SR, probably). HAHA! Oh his snarkiness. I luff him. In a non creepy way, mind you.
              And me, too!

Comment

Hi all. I am practicing with the iTouch. Messages will be short. LOL
                sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

I actually don't know anyone with twitter, so it's easy to resist.
                  Joe seems to be having a ball in Ireland. Inis Mór is grand and he has discovered The Pogues.
                  But he keeps on spelling Cliffs of Moher wrong *lol*

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
                  I love my iTouch. It's my Timer, Calculator, Shopping List (check out the ShopShop app it's free ) my Agenda...

Sparky Shipper. Genetically predisposed to being stubborn... really pesky.

Comment

Originally posted by Fionnait View Post
                    Joe seems to be having a ball in Ireland. Inis Mór is grand and he has discovered The Pogues.

I love my iTouch. It's my Timer, Calculator, Shopping List (check out the ShopShop app it's free ) my Agenda...
                    Yeah, Mr. SR uses his for all those things too and maps. He's programmed in maps for all the places we're going on our cruise and who knows what else. It's like his own personal little guide book. LOL

Do you have the Angry Birds game? It's addictive. Mr. SR and SR Jr's girlfriend may need rehab in order to quit.

I'll have to figure out some code for posting from Chicago. Those little keys are hard to type on. Don't expect good spelling or complete sentences folks. You may just get something like: Got hug. Squee. And don't even get me started on navigating the pages. But I've got this thread bookmarked so we should be good to go.
                    sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Heehee!

*cracks up*

Hmm, may have to take a looksee at that ShopShop app.

Yeah, Mr. SR uses his for all those things too and maps. He's programmed in maps for all the places we're going on our cruise and who knows what else. It's like his own personal little guide book. LOL

Do you have the Angry Birds game? It's addictive. Mr. SR and SR Jr's girlfriend may need rehab in order to quit.
                      *opens iTunes Store to look*

*dies laughing* ZOMG, that looks like fun!

I'll have to figure out some code for posting from Chicago. Those little keys are hard to type on. Don't expect good spelling or complete sentences folks. You may just get something like: Got hug. Squee. And don't even get me started on navigating the pages. But I've got this thread bookmarked so we should be good to go.
                      Heh! GW is the only site I currently have bookmarked on my iTouch... I probably ought to at least get LJ on there, too.

Comment

Good luck. I'm afraid to dabble in the world of the touch screen. I can't ever work them correctly. And I get them so messy!

Me too.

You should tell Joe this and see what he says. Poor thing.

I wanted to work on Return to Pegasus all lunch hour but I'm a member of a Lost fan challenge thingy and was required to work on sigs all lunch.

Comment

Good luck. I'm afraid to dabble in the world of the touch screen. I can't ever work them correctly. And I get them so messy!
                          I get mine messy, too. Best investment I ever made was in one of those silicone cases with the nifty little plastic sheet overlays to protect the screen.

Of course, I bought 'em at Target and paid way less than the MSRP.

You should tell Joe this and see what he says. Poor thing.
                          *snickers*

I wanted to work on Return to Pegasus all lunch hour but I'm a member of a Lost fan challenge thingy and was required to work on sigs all lunch.
                          Awwww! *huggles*

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                            I get mine messy, too. Best investment I ever made was in one of those silicone cases with the nifty little plastic sheet overlays to protect the screen.

Of course, I bought 'em at Target and paid way less than the MSRP.

*snickers*

Awwww! *huggles*
                            That's smart. I should get one of those for pretty much everything I touch. My poor lovely MacBook has finger smudges all over the screen.

Comment

That's smart. I should get one of those for pretty much everything I touch. My poor lovely MacBook has finger smudges all over the screen.
                              I think Belkin only makes their screen overlay sheets for the various iPod/Phone and mp3 players. But someone's got to be making them for things bigger than that.

Comment

Spoiler:
                                -

“Yes?”

“Andrew?”

-

“Yeah.”

“Good.”

Awesome!!!!!!!!!!
                                Can't wait to read more!!!!!!
                                *waits impatiently*

Have fun practicing
                                I still prefer my Blueberry *hugs BB*

*raises hand*
                                You know me!!
                                And there are a ton of Sparkies on there that aren't that active here.

Sig by me

Comment

Working...
                                X