• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KrisRussel View Post
    Haha, yup, you can always see how he'd react to that

In other news and it's sorta SGA, but OT:
    Spoiler:
    I know some of you have kids and maybe this would be cool to make for them:
    http://blastr.com/2010/07/video-step-by-step-instru.php
    This is cute, thanks for the link. and I'll read your fic as soon as I get a chance.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by VampyreWraith View Post
      Lol, I have all my favorite SGA eps on iTunes already. Rising is one of them, I'm probably missing only a few eps in the series actually. (most of my 160GB ipod is stargate eps lol, i also have a few other tv shows and movies. Thanks for mentioning it though. Do you have any idea what other sci-fi series they are trying to pimp by offering freebies? lol
      They've got the series premiere episodes for SG-1, Supernatural, Eureka, Heroes, and Fringe, among others.

*digs around...*

Here's a link.
      (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
      Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Originally posted by emerald_day View Post
        *emerald_day drops in*

I´m back lol I know I haven´t been abel to bee here as much as I would have liked, I have been so busy with work. I saw all of these lovely banners that you guys have been makeing so I thought I would make some banners for the: Atlantis Rising: The Virtual Series . The banners that I made are really similer to my other one that I made, you could say they are indentical. I only changed the text in the banner. I still hope you guys like them. I made two versions "gold" and "silver" . Anyway what have you all been up too?

Here are my Banners:

Gold Text Version:
        http://i175.photobucket.com/albums/w...old_w_text.jpg

Gold Clean Version:
        http://i175.photobucket.com/albums/w...text_clean.jpg

Silver Text Version:
        http://i175.photobucket.com/albums/w...text_clean.jpg

Silver Clean Version:
        http://i175.photobucket.com/albums/w...ver_w_text.jpg

nice banners.

Originally posted by cuttingonions View Post
        And I'm not even going to say anything in the "how tall you are" convo, because I'm almost short enough to not be able to donate blood. Even when I passed the height by centimeters I still can't donate blood but that's because I'm too skinny. Fail.

I wish we had the whole shooting from this scene... they actually running up the stairs instead of they running for the stairs. *sigh* But we can't always get what we want
        You can have the gif though.
        Spoiler:

I hated the coloring on this, but I have to go and finish... stuff.
        I'm pretty short too, and because I also look young and i'm pretty shy as well I get mistaken for a teenager. That can be annoying sometimes.
        Nice gif.

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
        It would cripple him. He'd drop me and then where would we be?

Me too. Congrats on the weight loss. You're doing great. I weigh about 145lbs/72.5kgs which is more than I've ever weighed when not pregnant. LOL But in my youth I was skinny as a rail. So a warning to all you younguns. It creeps up on you. But IMHO nothing looks worse than a scrawny old lady. So I'm not too upset by the gain. Anyhow you look at it, Joe couldn't lift me far. But I'd be glad to hang on his neck while he tried. Didn't Jason say something at a con once about how strong he is? LOL
        Gonna spoiler my reply cuz I think i may have posted a lot of OT replies all at once today. lol
        Spoiler:

LOL your not heavy, I think your about avg for your height and weight. So that is good.
        Yeah when I was younger I used to be super tiny. After having had 2 children, I'm no longer as small, I'm about avg i think(could stand to loose some weight though lol) especially since I think most people's normal metabolism slows after a certain age. I'm not 30 yet but its never too early to loose a few excess pounds before it becomes harder.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
          They've got the series premiere episodes for SG-1, Supernatural, Eureka, Heroes, and Fringe, among others.

*digs around...*

Here's a link.
          Cool, Thanks.
          sigpic

Comment

As an aside to that, I've read a lot of fics that describe Weir as tall. From what I've gathered at the cons, Torri is 5"9. I don't consider this tall for a lady - do I live in a nation of Amazon's or something?
            Just to add to the informal information gathering: All the women of my family are very tall. I'm 6' (2m), my mother is the runt of the family at 5'8", my grandmother is 5'10" I have an aunt who is 6'1" . . . I WISH I lived in a nation of Amazons! Everyone around me is a shrimp! LOL

As for the Sparky pet discussion, can I vote they get a horse? Or is that too off the wall?
            I'm thinking John could surprise Elizabeth by riding a pretty stallion he picked up on a local planet right through the gate and into the control room.
            She could then argue with him about why they can't keep it.
            They could then kiss & make up and it ends in a lovely moonlit tandem trail ride around the city's piers.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by polomare View Post
              Just to add to the informal information gathering: All the women of my family are very tall. I'm 6' (2m), my mother is the runt of the family at 5'8", my grandmother is 5'10" I have an aunt who is 6'1" . . . I WISH I lived in a nation of Amazons! Everyone around me is a shrimp! LOL

As for the Sparky pet discussion, can I vote they get a horse? Or is that too off the wall?
              I'm thinking John could surprise Elizabeth by riding a pretty stallion he picked up on a local planet right through the gate and into the control room.
              They could then kiss & make up and it ends in a lovely moonlit tandem trail ride around the city's piers.
              I'd go for that lol; it would be cute/funny, and i like picturing John riding a horsie
              Cept I'd want him to take Elizabeth riding on a pretty planet with a lightly forested area clearing out to a shore of a big lake or sea.
              Someone would have to clean up after the horses if they rode through Atlantis. I've been horseback riding and the horsies just go poo as they are walking sometimes lol.
              sigpic

Comment

I love this idea but will never remember it until S7. So that's your job. Bring it up again then.
                I have to remember something? Oi! I have no memory, you know that, right?

Quick note for those in the US: The iTunes Store (US only as far as I know) is currently offering the first episodes of several science fiction series, including SGA, as free downloads. (the link will open iTunes if you have it installed on your computer)

Mmmm, Rising on my iPod... Bring on that magnum of champagne and our first Sparky eyesex!
                *glares at iTunes*
                Why only in the US??
                Ah well, I have several eps on my Blackberry

Sig by me

Comment

I put the Sparky blends from '38 Minutes' up on my LJ HERE. Enjoy!

Sig by me

Comment

Originally posted by Probie View Post
                    Don't worry. I already know dirty words in portuguese. My dad teached me them.lol
                    I'm happy to see I'm not alone.

Oh you said a dirty word. I will stop talking in portuguese....but I can speak in french or spanish if you want.lol
                    Oh, no, I was kidding around. Plus I was pretending I could speak portuguese Speak whatever language you like

gateraid
                    You mean: "Que porra é essa que vcês estão falando?!"
                    Makes more sense. BUT I HAVE TO GO NOW. LATE. WORK. DNW *sadface*
                    Do I? I may have to go back to the internet language translator to find out what that means

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                    Aw, total cuteness...

I also bring cuteness for I managed to capture Saphira who is currently asleep by my side in a way that I doubt can be classified as comfortable - all twisted and turned.

Spoiler:

I don't like cats (they're evil, and ungrateful pets) but that is a cute pic

And after the hug when they are all awkward, he goes into a frenzy of liplicking.
                    Trust you to notice

I'm 5' 6" and I'm taller than most women I know. What do you feed the girls down there?
                    It's the clean air? IDK. I think it may just be specific to my current location. Most of the guys are tall too. I'm just under six foot, but most of my life I've only been average height at best. But people from rural backgrounds seem to be taller than city folk. I don't know why, it just happens that way. Or maybe taller people are selectively breeding?

It looks like most of Joe's IMDB info is correct. Though I'm not sure he got fired from the White House job. I think the job ended when they lost the election to Clinton. I may be wrong.
                    I thought that whole bit was made up. I just assumed it was like wikipedia, where anyone could add to it, making it somewhat unreliable.

Oh, and I noticed he escaped from the control room through Elizabeth's office, so there has to be another exit in her office. Anyone want to guess where it would lead too? Would be kinda cool if it'd go straight to her quarters.
                    It's an elevator/transporter. I actually forgot it was there until they did a scene with Carter and John coming out of it into Carter's office. I went back and checked at the time, just to make sure they hadn't put it in there specifically for Carter.

Teyla, for crying out loud, just shoot her!!
                    No, that builds up the, like, dramatic suspense /sarcasm.

And, for crying out loud John, just kiss her!! (Liz, not Teyla, lol)

It's the kiss between Weir and Sumner, which only happened as a joke. It's in the Behind the Scenes for season 1 on the DVD. They are joking around there.

Don't worry.
                    Yeah, MW just added that in. It fooled RSF though - he was looking through his script, saying "it's not in there!!!"

Originally posted by nephtys59 View Post
                    Thanks, I almost had a heart attack! I was just browsing some Atlantis pictures here and there and there was no explanation, just the picture.
                    There's a funny one of RDA scratching the back of Don's ear too

"Call it intuition."
                    No, Liz, it's your Shep!sense going in overdrive...
                    But doesn't the spidey sense mean a tingly feeling in your head? Lizzie's tingling is in her....um, loin?

I know. And we never saw it again or any other variety of uniform. It's not practical that they would have taken along uniforms for all climates. LOL
                    I actually thought they would've taken heaps of them. It seemed like they didn't think they'd be coming back, and they took heaps of crap with them. Of course it could've mostly been food and generators *shrugs*

I'm rewatching SG1 and in Evolution they're talking about the fact that the Goa'uld based their sarcophagus on an Ancient device that has an extreme ability to heal.<snip>
                    I love this idea but will never remember it until S7. So that's your job. Bring it up again then.
                    Sounds good, but maybe the arguement can also include whether John should volunteer at all? And can we foreshadow the use of it (unless it's impractical), even if it is only a vague reference?

Originally posted by emerald_day View Post
                    Here are my Banners:
                    I haven't looked at thim, but if they're anything like the rest of your work, they'll be amazing

And I'm not even going to say anything in the "how tall you are" convo, because I'm almost short enough to not be able to donate blood. Even when I passed the height by centimeters I still can't donate blood but that's because I'm too skinny. Fail.
                    I can donate, but I don't because I got sick of explaining my heart disorder to the technicians. Sounds like I shouldn't when I say it like that, but I'm cleared to donate.

It would cripple him. He'd drop me and then where would we be?
                    Originally posted by nephtys59 View Post
                    LOL. I need to lose another 15 Kgs before JF can lift me, otherwise I'd kill him, ROTFLMAO.
                    I was 90 Kgs, now I am 75 Kgs. Maybe in another 6 months ... who knows?
                    Congrats on the weight loss. This may sound harsh towards JF, but he wouldn't be much of a man if he couldn't lift either of you. A person isn't actually that hard to lift, provided they're held correctly. I'm 85kg, but can pick up a 150kg spike that we drive into the ground at work. My boss is considerably bigger but can't do it. It could also be because if someone else tries to assist me, their head and hands get uncomfortably close to my 'merchandise'

Which are you? Six foot or two metres? There's a 17cm difference Six foot taller than average for a woman here, but again not exceptionally tall
                    sigpic

Comment

I'm 5'10 so if ever I get the chance to meet TH - I might be able to tell whether she's the same height or shorter. Jewel Staite is shorter. Morena Baccarin is about the same height as me. Nathan Fillion is taller, Sean Maher a little taller. Jonathan Woodward and Neil Roberts are taller. Gigi Edgley is a little shorter. Paul McGillion is about the same height, and Chris Judge is taller.

I think that about covers it.

Edit: Corin Nemec is taller, while Don Davis was about the same height though much larger sideways.
                      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Mmmm, Rising on my iPod... Bring on that magnum of champagne and our first Sparky eyesex!
                        Sweet! Is free for me too (but I registered as if I was living in US)! I've The Long Goodbye in my iphone, but other than that, I never remember to convert episodes. And I'm always downloading something else to download the mp4 format
                        I downloaded Lie To me Pilot in HD for free a while back (SGA pilot wasn't available, back then, I checked ) .

*downloads rising in iphone*

Originally posted by VampyreWraith View Post
                        I'm pretty short too, and because I also look young and i'm pretty shy as well I get mistaken for a teenager. That can be annoying sometimes.
                        Nice gif.
                        It is annoying, but I got used to it. After noticing that I've a voice of an 9 year old spoiled brat, there is no reason to fight it

WANT.

Originally posted by gateraid View Post
                        Do I? I may have to go back to the internet language translator to find out what that means
                        Means the same, but better phrased

Comment

Originally posted by gateraid View Post
                          Oh, no, I was kidding around. Plus I was pretending I could speak portuguese Speak whatever language you like
                          I know you was kidding. If I can choose, I will talk in french. Easier.

Cutty: My parents are portuguese and not brazilian. We are cousin.
                          sigpic
                          Sig made by nephty and avi by Kris....THANK YOU!

Comment

That pic always makes me LOL. I love the behind the scenes antics. I guess Torri and Robert were really really good friends, huh? I'm surprised someone didn't make wallies and start a Sumner/Weir thread. Now that would be an angsty ship. LOL
                            To be fair, she didn't kiss him on the lips, just on the cheek and very close to the lips. I think Ford/Sumner had more chance of success than Weir/Sumner Although I'm sure, had Sumner lived, TPTW would've argued that all that simmering hatred and disrespect from Sumner towards Weir was just UST.

I'm 5'10 so if ever I get the chance to meet TH - I might be able to tell whether she's the same height or shorter. Jewel Staite is shorter. Morena Baccarin is about the same height as me. Nathan Fillion is taller, Sean Maher a little taller. Jonathan Woodward and Neil Roberts are taller. Gigi Edgley is a little shorter. Paul McGillion is about the same height, and Chris Judge is taller.

I think that about covers it.

Edit: Corin Nemec is taller, while Don Davis was about the same height though much larger sideways.
                            LOL about the sideways. It's an unfortunate fact of aging.

I think, on tv at least, they must play with the actresses heights a little. Torri seemed to vary a bit, depending on whom she had scenes with. I saw a behind the scenes thing with Teryl once, where she showed the different shoes she wore, depending on whom she was shooting with. She wore really big boots for shooting with RDA.

Sweet! Is free for me too (but I registered as if I was living in US)! I've The Long Goodbye in my iphone, but other than that, I never remember to convert episodes. And I'm always downloading something else to download the mp4 format
                            I downloaded Lie To me Pilot in HD for free a while back (SGA pilot wasn't available, back then, I checked ) .

*downloads rising in iphone*

It is annoying, but I got used to it. After noticing that I've a voice of an 9 year old spoiled brat, there is no reason to fight it

WANT.

Means the same, but better phrased
                            A bit like "lost in translation", compared to "lost in the translator"
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Probie View Post
                              I know you was kidding. If I can choose, I will talk in french. Easier.
                              Cutty: My parents are portuguese and not brazilian. We are cousin.
                              Yes we are lol! I never find any brazilian around forums and fandom...

Comment

Yes we are lol! I never find any brazilian around forums and fandom...
                                I know of at least one other Brazilian Stargate fan, though he no longer posts on GW. He's migrated to another place.
                                Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Working...
                                X