Elizabeth Weir/John Sheppard Appreciation/Ship/Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Southern Red View Post
    It's for the Chicago con. And now at $750 $800. There are 3 of the SGU actors: Smith/Levesque/Huffman, whoever they are. DH and JM went for $250. Oh well, maybe another time.
    DH went only for 250??? Wow, I thought he was much more popular
    And yeah, I'd bid on David Blue, but since I'm not going to the Chicago con and since DB isn't coming, I have no reason whatsoever to bid
    Too bad you didn't won though. Meet and greet would have been awesome. You could have given him Torri's message in private And tell him about Atlantis Rising in private...
    And indeed, better luck next time!!! Maybe at our own convention

Sig by me

Comment

Originally posted by KrisRussel View Post
      And yeah, I'd bid on David Blue, but since I'm not going to the Chicago con and since DB isn't coming, I have no reason whatsoever to bid
      Too bad you didn't won though. Meet and greet would have been awesome. You could have given him Torri's message in private And tell him about Atlantis Rising in private...
      Yeah it would be a convention sparky fans definitely deserve. *sigh* Who will organize that?

Anyway guys, good night. Day was craptastic. I hope it will be better tomorrow. Been working on a fic but it's going nowhere. *hugs*
      I'm not weird, I'm limited edition.

Comment

Final bid on Joe was $1010.00. Not bad for just one hour with him and 9 other people. I'll save up for next time.
        sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

Originally posted by Anuna View Post
          Yeah it would be a convention sparky fans definitely deserve. *sigh* Who will organize that?

Anyway guys, good night. Day was craptastic. I hope it will be better tomorrow. Been working on a fic but it's going nowhere. *hugs*
          *raises hand* My friends say I'm an awesome organizer, so I'm willing to give it a shot. But we can only do that when we have a good lift-off with Atlantis Rising (no pun intended). That way we can reel in sponsors by giving them the figures of the site.
          btw: I suggest calling the con "Atlantis Rising" too

*hugs* Hope you feel better tomorrow!!

Final bid on Joe was $1010.00. Not bad for just one hour with him and 9 other people. I'll save up for next time.
          That's not bad... you have to remember that when you have to share him with 9 other people, you can only talk to him for about six minutes... if the other 9 don't hog all the time
          So you have to see if it's really worth spending all that money on...
          Oh, I almost forgot, but it's OT
          Spoiler:
          I once bid €1600 on a meet and greet with Kevin Costner (also for a good cause). Now that was the best call I ever made, cause his personal assistant gave me his phone-number and his email-address with the message that no matter what concert we wanted to go to, to just call him and he'd put us on the guestlist... been to 9 concerts for free so far

Sig by me

Comment

OT for my Bones lovin' friends:
            Spoiler:
            This was just posted on the Fox fb page. It's the SDCC Bones reel
            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3_qdjAOzUYw

Sig by me

Comment

Originally posted by Probie View Post
              My friend is funny. Before someone says "it's not related to Sparky", YES IT IS!lol
              She made a list of songs that she wants to hear me play on a guitar. She send me a mail with all the songs and with it a link of a vid for each one. Each one is related to John and Elizabeth. She knows I'm obsessed.lol
              The first one: Blink 182 "I miss you".

I don't know how I will play it on the guitar. It's more for piano.
              If you want I can post all the links one by one.
              I love this song. I bet this song sounds great on acoustic guitar. A very nice video too.

Comment

Originally posted by Flowerbud View Post
                I love this song. I bet this song sounds great on acoustic guitar. A very nice video too.
                Shhh, I'll tell you a secret: everything sounds good on an acoustic guitar!

Sparky Shipper. Genetically predisposed to being stubborn... really pesky.

Comment

It's for the Chicago con. And now at $750 $800. There are 3 of the SGU actors: Smith/Levesque/Huffman, whoever they are. DH and JM went for $250. Oh well, maybe another time.
                  I heard those sgu actors are very nice people. Out of those three the only one I would want to talk to would be Huffman(TJ). I actually like her character.

I really like David Blue, and I like his character(Eli) too.
                  Agree about DH, i'd thought he'd have gone for more.
                  Wow, thats a lot, just to spend a bit of time with him. But if someone has the money, it would be a good way to spend it'

*raises hand* My friends say I'm an awesome organizer, so I'm willing to give it a shot. But we can only do that when we have a good lift-off with Atlantis Rising (no pun intended). That way we can reel in sponsors by giving them the figures of the site.
                  btw: I suggest calling the con "Atlantis Rising" too

*hugs* Hope you feel better tomorrow!!

That's not bad... you have to remember that when you have to share him with 9 other people, you can only talk to him for about six minutes... if the other 9 don't hog all the time
                  So you have to see if it's really worth spending all that money on...
                  Oh, I almost forgot, but it's OT
                  Spoiler:
                  I once bid €1600 on a meet and greet with Kevin Costner (also for a good cause). Now that was the best call I ever made, cause his personal assistant gave me his phone-number and his email-address with the message that no matter what concert we wanted to go to, to just call him and he'd put us on the guestlist... been to 9 concerts for free so far
                  That's nice about Kevin Costner and the concerts. Your so lucky.
                  sigpic

Comment

She should have jumped in the shower with him. Problem solved.
                    That tends to make things longer, not always the best water conservation method

Oh, sorry. I thought you were saying so long. Now that you're here, do something Sparky.

I just rewatched Siege 2 and 3 and I must say those are the Sparkiest episodes. The bits in Siege 2 when Shep is defending Elizabeth and standing up to Everett are just the best. And it's like there's a big elastic band holding the two of them together at times. Such great days.
                    The best of times indeed. Back when MG was accidentally writing for us

hey, I didn't know Kavanagh's first name was Peter!
                    http://images.marketplaceadvisor.cha...sg26_12833.jpg
                    I love the name Peter Now I'm not so sure I do
                    I did, but I'm not sure if anyone actually called him that on the show. Weir, Rodney & Shep were not on a first name basis with him, that much is certain

Lol, Elizabeth is clearly not a scientist: "You want to build a windmill?" ROFL!!!!
                    I read something on GW around that time saying that her answer, while put in there for comic relief (I so hard at that), was actually more technically correct. That was based on the fact that in terms of energy, a hurricane produces considerably more harvestable energy from wind than from lightening. But practical situations mean that it is impossible to harvest - it'd have to be a very strong windmill.

Originally posted by Scary Kitty View Post
                    Good morning Sparkies! Greetings from Comic-Con! Just got done with the SGU panel and am now in the Caprica panel. (thank goodness for free wifi)

Anyway, the major spoiler re: the crossover:
                    Spoiler:
                    it's Woolsey & McKay.

In Sparky news, I came up with the final scene of my AR episode "What Dreams May Come" while on the train ride down. And yes it's on The Balcony; kind of a callback to the "wouldn't be the same without you" scene.

Interesting stuff coming out of Caprica:
                    Spoiler:
                    there's going to be multiple Zoes running around (she's the one who died and got her personality downloaded into the Cylon prototype). I'll be keeping an eye on how they handle this with an eye to WDMC.

May have more later; until then, keep the Sparky home fires burning!
                    No surprise on the crossover

Spoiler:
                    given TPTB/W affinity for both actors, it's no wonder they'd try to get them on SGU. And they are quite popular too

'
                    Not surprised on the SGU spoiler. Not surprised at all.
                    Spoiler:
                    And strangely relieved it's not Joe. Though I never thought for a minute it was.
                    Spoiler:
                    They'd be too afraid to ask him

*iz still jealous*

About the crossover: Really??
                    Spoiler:
                    I was hoping it would have been McKay and Zelenka. I love their chemistry and WTF could Woolsey do on Destiny? Are they in dire need of a lawyer??
                    Spoiler:
                    Zelenka would've made more sense, or Carter. There's nothing to say that Woolsey will actually go to the ship, someone may stone to him in the Pentagon

Made a little something from my con pics to celebrate the Sparky Summer 2010.
                    Enjoy!!
                    Spoiler:

You can find the wallpaper
                    Don't they make a good looking couple

Oh wow! I love that so much. How does Torri keep looking younger? If we got them together in a real con, we wouldn't be able to stand it.

Think about vacation.
                    It's the freckles. You may not believe me, but guys really do prefer the natural look. Plus we don't have to wait so long for you to get ready that way

Vacations can sometimes be more stressful than working. I need cheering up too. I bid on the meet and greet with Joe but I'm afraid they are now way past my upper limit. Dang that boy is popular. It's at $600 with about 20 min to go.

And OT:
                    Spoiler:
                    Nobody bid on the SGU actors.
                    Spoiler:
                    Ouch. But I have to admit, it made me laugh. I am a terrible human being *headdesk*

Originally posted by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard View Post
                    SGU Crossover
                    Spoiler:
                    I really hope woolsey puts wray in her place. I can't stand woolsey either but wray really gets on my nerve I mean I would love to just throw her out of an airlock if I was stuck on the destiny.
                    Spoiler:
                    As I said, he may not actually go to the ship, someone may come to him in order to brief him. But all will be reveiled in due course
                    sigpic

Comment

Ouch ouch....ahhh...ouch....my left arm is killing me. Thanks canoe!

Originally posted by Flowerbud View Post
                      I found the "tablature". Now I have to work on it. I love this song too.
                      Another song of my friend "Run. Snow Patrol"
                      It's magic. I'm not OT.lol

Originally posted by Fionnait View Post
                      Shhh, I'll tell you a secret: everything sounds good on an acoustic guitar!
                      Exactly.
                      Now I just imagine John playing guitar.

For the con, where do you want to do it?
                      Kris, if this happen for real, I can help you. One of my jobs in the past was to do evenments.

Now I will cry alone.lol ouch ouch...
                      sigpic
                      Sig made by nephty and avi by Kris....THANK YOU!

Comment

Originally posted by gateraid View Post
                        That tends to make things longer, not always the best water conservation method
                        Ah, but Atlantis gets its water supply from the ocean, so conserving water is one of the few things they don't have to do. That way John and Liz can make it as long as they want

Originally posted by gateraid View Post
                        I read something on GW around that time saying that her answer, while put in there for comic relief (I so hard at that), was actually more technically correct. That was based on the fact that in terms of energy, a hurricane produces considerably more harvestable energy from wind than from lightening. But practical situations mean that it is impossible to harvest - it'd have to be a very strong windmill.
                        Yes, it does make more sense to take windenergy from a storm, but it would take a lot more time.
                        But it's just the way she says it and the way they sorta go "hu?" for half a second that makes it funny

Kris, if this happen for real, I can help you. One of my jobs in the past was to do evenments.
                        Well, if we want to save on general costs, we'd have to do it in the US, because that'll save us a ton on airline tickets.

Sig by me

Comment

Well, if we want to save on general costs, we'd have to do it in the US, because that'll save us a ton on airline tickets.
                          It will be also a good reason to visit this country.
                          sigpic

Comment

Ah, but Atlantis gets its water supply from the ocean, so conserving water is one of the few things they don't have to do. That way John and Liz can make it as long as they want

Yes, it does make more sense to take windenergy from a storm, but it would take a lot more time.
                            But it's just the way she says it and the way they sorta go "hu?" for half a second that makes it funny

Keeping in mind that travel between the major hubs here is cheaper than going to a smaller place. Sometimes it is cheaper to fly to Europe than to go to a midwestern city from the east coast. LOL There are some great convention hotels in DC. Plus my house can sleep as many people as there is floor space if they bring a sleeping bag. LOL And we're 10 minutes from the metro.

Ouch ouch....ahhh...ouch....my left arm is killing me. Thanks canoe!

I found the "tablature". Now I have to work on it. I love this song too.
                            Another song of my friend "Run. Snow Patrol"
                            It's magic. I'm not OT.lol

Exactly.
                            Now I just imagine John playing guitar.

Now I will cry alone.lol ouch ouch...
                            Good Sparky vid to that song.

sigpic

Visit us at SGA Rising for our version of season six.

Comment

SR: it's the vid that I posted no?

Another one "Vast: I don't have anything"
                              Spoiler:
                              sigpic

Comment

Self pimp! My old vid:

Spoiler:
                                I'm not weird, I'm limited edition.

Comment

Working...
                                X